Thinking of coming back to WoW but literally afraid

Hi guys, I played in BfA and did some normal raid and m+ here and there. Haven't played 9 months due to family and job commitments. And now things are getting back to normal so I built myself a new PC and thinking of playing WoW again casually.

But reading and watching news, videos in the past 2 days, I am literally afraid and worried that I will never ever catch up to current stage of players, I mean I must be super behind in terms of all game mechanics. Therefore, it got me thinking that no one will have me in groups to do quests and things to progress and get gears to have fun in-game. Honestly, there are so so many new things from the looks of it, and I have no clue which to do first and then after etc. Is there a guide for total noobs like me who haven't played the game for long time or anyone can explain and advise what to focus and do if I return? I know it is a game but I like to have fun but I am literally afraid and worried if I can return and play with all these new things going on.

All help, advices and recommendations are welcome. Thank you
    Last edited by strix716; 2021-01-14 at 03:27 AM.

Ready Check Pull has good, concise raid guides.
    Dungeons are easy enough to learn, there's vids for that too though I learned straight off the in-game journal.

Don't worry about playing catch-up to some imaginary group of people and just go at your own pace, remember to do it at a pace where you think it's fun.

Play a ranged DPS for the most stress-free path in-game. Not much responsibility.

https://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/T26_Raid.html
    Under additional raid information you can see which specs have the lowest APM (actions per minute) so you get a sense of what's easiest to play.

Quote Originally Posted by strix716 View Post
    Hi guys, I played in BfA and did some normal raid and m+ here and there. Haven't played 9 months due to family and job commitments. And now things are getting back to normal so I built myself a new PC and thinking of playing WoW again casually.

But reading and watching news, videos in the past 2 days, I am literally afraid and worried that I will never ever catch up to current stage of players, I mean I must be super behind in terms of all game mechanics. Therefore, it got me thinking that no one will have me in groups to do quests and things to progress and get gears to have fun in-game. Honestly, there are so so many new things from the looks of it, and I have no clue which to do first and then after etc. Is there a guide for total noobs like me who haven't played the game for long time or anyone can explain and advise what to focus and do if I return? I know it is a game but I like to have fun but I am literally afraid and worried if I can return and play with all these new things going on.

All help, advices and recommendations are welcome. Thank you
    Its really not that bad, a lot of us will max our ilvl and not get many upgrades for months until the new season and you'll catch right up with the weekly vault and catchup mechanisms.

Pretty much you want to...

Level 50-60

Follow the main story and pick your best covenant

Unlock Torghast and do what you can weekly (lower gear you most likely won't clear 8 layers right away without help) but you're just doing it for currency to make and upgrade your legendary.

Keep up with your campaign quest line.

Push low mythic plus keys, just make groups with your own key.

Do low rated pvp.

Do the world boss.

Do your daily callings.

Open the great vault weekly.

Do all of this and you'll catch up in no time. It's really not a lot. Not to mention there's no time gate for you to catch up your campaign quest. And it makes world quest drop 184 gear and allows the covenant Armor they give you upgrade to 194 or 197 I forget, plus a raid finder weapon for finishing it this week. Mind you campaign is locked behind renown. But your catchup will be easy, they give lots of renown for everything I listed above.

As a pretty casual player who just got to max lvl like a week or so ago (maybe even less than that?), I'm having a blast and not really worrying about anything. Like, if you're aiming for the top tier gaming experience I can't help you, or anyone for that matter . But if you're just looking to get up to speed with regular content, I think it's pretty easy if someone like me can do it! In a few days I already got 17 renown, the current cap is 24 (it's a currency that's weekly capped and gradually unlocks endgame campaign). There's catch up mechanisms that make it pretty quick, like it dropping in dungeons. I'm also one easy quest away from getting a legendary as well, that I am doing tomorrow. In terms of normal content I'm only missing the raid so far, but I'm getting there! And again, I'm just a casual player that isn't really that great at the game.
    So my advice?
    Just go through the regular leveling content, no issues there. If you have doubts, like I do, regarding dungeon mechanics, there's great video guides on youtube. Once you reach max level, the game will introduce you to the endgame content: your covenant and tor'ghast. Covenant is mostly regular questing, world quests, etc. Tor'ghast is a tower with randomly generated floors filled with mobs (that you can do alone if you're worrying about having to find a group!) where you get your currency for your legendary. And you can do it several times until you get what you need, so you won't be locked to some periodic constraint in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    Its really not that bad, a lot of us will max our ilvl and not get many upgrades for months until the new season and you'll catch right up with the weekly vault and catchup mechanisms.

Pretty much you want to...

Level 50-60

Follow the main story and pick your best covenant

Unlock Torghast and do what you can weekly (lower gear you most likely won't clear 8 layers right away without help) but you're just doing it for currency to make and upgrade your legendary.

Keep up with your campaign quest line.

Push low mythic plus keys, just make groups with your own key.

Do low rated pvp.

Do the world boss.

Do your daily callings.

Open the great vault weekly.

Do all of this and you'll catch up in no time. It's really not a lot. Not to mention there's no time gate for you to catch up your campaign quest. And it makes world quest drop 184 gear and allows the covenant Armor they give you upgrade to 194 or 197 I forget, plus a raid finder weapon for finishing it this week. Mind you campaign is locked behind renown. But your catchup will be easy, they give lots of renown for everything I listed above.
    Do Shadowland has garrison like mission? I read people get followers and do mission but it takes special things to unlock and will take weeks to go to that stage? changing armours and having followers help on your mission? Is that true how do you get to there?