Change covenant .. worth it this late?

I main a havoc DH in raids, however, I spend most of my time tanking and I love it in mythic dungeons; high keys(+15 and up). I can understand from the masses that Kyrian are the best choice for tanking DHs..

I have spend sooo much anima and I would have to start all over from going Kryian .. Is it worth it? I got 2x3 tiers completed with my Venthyr already?

What you guys think?
    Thanos should have won..

#NotMyEnding
    #ThanosWasRight

The expansion has more than 1.5 years left, so it's not late at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    The only person who can answer this question is you.

Is it worth it to you? Yes/No

If you want my input. I changed covs last week and it took me a week to catch up renown wise. Will always be behind in Anima though.
    Here is something to believe in!

i was thinking about switching aswell. i dont see a reason why it would be too late?

i would like to add another question, please. my DH uses some covenant items. will they be unusable or just switched, if i change covenant

Quote Originally Posted by Xofa View Post
    I main a havoc DH in raids, however, I spend most of my time tanking and I love it in mythic dungeons; high keys(+15 and up). I can understand from the masses that Kyrian are the best choice for tanking DHs..

I have spend sooo much anima and I would have to start all over from going Kryian .. Is it worth it? I got 2x3 tiers completed with my Venthyr already?

What you guys think?
    I´m in the same Situation.
    Thought long over this. And with all the pros and cons.
    Yes Kyrian is a way better for M+ tanking then Venthyr, BUT if you don´t do cutting edge M+ at much obove 15s, who cares?
    I came to the conclusion to stay with Venthyr, because I really like the aesthetics much more then Kyrian, which I think the theme doesn´t fit DH at all.

Really helpfull for me was to see that the current world 12th best DH Tank, Avade from Complexity Limit, is also Venthyr. So it is possible to tank successfull as a Venthyr.

Quote Originally Posted by Xofa View Post

What you guys think?
    The catch up works beautifully. I switched mains two weeks ago and ran the entire campaign in a few days. On top of that I found the Kyrian campaign much more engaging then the Venthyr one.

You will lag behind in Sanctum Upgrades, but so what? They won't affect your main playing like dungeons and raids. This expansion is definately made so that you can jump around and try different things. Everything has a catch up in place except for Legendaries, but that is fine, crafting your first one is easy enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauzi92 View Post
    i was thinking about switching aswell. i dont see a reason why it would be too late?

i would like to add another question, please. my DH uses some covenant items. will they be unusable or just switched, if i change covenant
    I just swapped on my Shaman after completing the Venthyr campaign. It is equipped with 3 pieces of the covenant pieces. I swapped to Necrolords because I plan on PvP mostly. I still have the 3 pieces on and it still has the set bonus highlighted. So, for right now, it seems like you can still use them. I haven’t checked the appearances tab to see if I can still xmog them (which I doubt), and I haven’t unequipped them yet (to see if I can equip them again), but as long as you are wearing them at the switch it seems fine.

You will be behind on all the covenant exclusive stuff, but if you care about performance it will always be worth it, since the catch up is fast (albeit a bit weird and random) and you "only" lose cosmetics. I caved myself on my mage, as I just no longer could justify pissing away all that extra AoE DPS on a character that is mostly used to run m+ with some old buddies on the other faction. So shytefay it is. But it definitely stings, I've kept up with anima enough to be able to purchase all the the transmog for now and I've upgraded all the features as far as the souls-gating allowed me. That being said, mage doesn't have strong ties to any covenant, if I were a DH i would probably feel a bit weird going Kyrian, but that is something you have to decide for yourself.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Compare the difference in your dungeon/raid output and then ask yourself whether you prefer that or all the upgrades you've done. It's as easy as that.

It's definitely not "too late" if you care about things like performance. There are probably lots of people switching like every 2 weeks.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Keyboard Turner
    1+ Year Old Account
    Is it too late now to bother? I read that the new expansion is designed so that we won't have to visit Shadowlands again, is this correct? If it is, I can't see the point in going through the hassle of switching now. Thank you in advance!