Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Renown 4 to 24 in a week?

Is it possible to go from renown rank 4 to the full 24 in the same week at all or will there be roadblocks stopping it?

Pretty sure you can. It would require doing quite a bit of content as the Renown from dungeons/pvp/stuff slows down a bit as you get closer to the current cap.

Yes, it's possible. Remember that you get 1 renown for each of the campaign quests completed so realistically you only need 11 renown from other activities. You can get one from every calling as long as you aren't caught up, and you can get 2 from the weekly anima and soul quests, 1 from the world boss and you have a chance to gain renown at the end of dungeons or when winning in rated pvp.
    Last edited by Unlimited Power; 2021-01-14 at 09:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

There are no hard caps, but there are certain activities which are more likely to give you renown, and these are limited weekly/daily
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Their are hardcaps unlike people here seem to tell you.

If the cap is 24.

You cannot exceed 13 by only doing catch up.
    You will have to finish your campaign quests, which rewards 1 renown per chapter(9 renown) and the 2 renown from weekly activities.

This will take you then to 24.

You can. Do Callings, do the worldboss, do campaigns as you unlock them,run dungeons up to 21.
    The Maw-Ghostquest on renown 21, Campaign (unlocked at 22) + 1k Anima quest = 24

If it's your first covenant, you can easily catch up to the current week's cap in a few days. Some of them will involve doing the campaign quests, others you'll get from various sources.

If you've switched your covenant, it apparently takes a lot longer to catch up, but not unreasonably long.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks. Yeah I hit 60 yesterday and I've been slowly gaining renown and doing campaign quests along with the weeklies and dungeon quest associated with my campaign quests. I hit 15 so far and was hoping I could be able to get all the way through to 24 this week on him. I think I'll be able to do it still. Thanks for letting me know there's no hard cap gain per week on renown other than the obvious hard cap for everyone.

i maxed 2 alts the week 21 was cap, and both of them stopped getting renown at 19, despite having done all quests they could.

could be that catchup stops 2 below max and you are supposed to do the "main" renown quests last.
    i did my quests somewhere in-between and not as the last 2

just as a warning for people trying to catch up on an alt: do the guaranteed sources last.
    on that note, if a calling gives renown or not is shown the moment you get the calling, so you can keep it until the last day it is active to give it in as one of the guaranteed sources.
    The above mentioned remarks, ideas and notions are simply my thought on this topic. I do not wish to aggravate, denounce or criticize anyone who, for whatever reason, may disagree.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    You can, however I had the issue where I'd done everything and was missing one renown to be able to do the current weeks campaign quest. I had to wait for reset for it to drop. (I dinged 60 monday)

you need to keep the weekly anima & souls for last, those + the covenant chapters are the only things that can bring you to the cap

the catchup will stop when you are at best 3 pts from the cap at the moment (the 2 weekly + the last chapter available)

If you already finished either the ghost weekly, or the 1k anima weekly, you will not reach 24 this week, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeenith View Post
    you need to keep the weekly anima & souls for last, those + the covenant chapters are the only things that can bring you to the cap

the catchup will stop when you are at best 3 pts from the cap at the moment (the 2 weekly + the last chapter available)
    absolutely correct, I did this wrong on 1 char and had to wait a week to catch up again.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    i maxed 2 alts the week 21 was cap, and both of them stopped getting renown at 19, despite having done all quests they could.

could be that catchup stops 2 below max and you are supposed to do the "main" renown quests last.
    i did my quests somewhere in-between and not as the last 2

just as a warning for people trying to catch up on an alt: do the guaranteed sources last.
    on that note, if a calling gives renown or not is shown the moment you get the calling, so you can keep it until the last day it is active to give it in as one of the guaranteed sources.
    Yep. You can do the quests but only hand them in when you have enough renown or at the end of the week. Doesn't make it very much longer though.
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Packmule View Post

If the cap is 24.

You will have to finish your campaign quests, which rewards 1 renown per chapter(9 renown) and the 2 renown from weekly activities.

Yes, you can. You're forgetting dungeons which can be done repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Yes, you can. You're forgetting dungeons which can be done repeatedly.
    I can't think of a single reason you would be doing a dungeon for renown.

i went from fresh character to 18 when that was the cap so why not

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    If you want to get gear and renown at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by Packmule View Post

If the cap is 24.

So in other words there is no hard cap, because you can do the campaign and get it....?

Do you even know what a hard cap is?
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Dungeons can randomly reward renown if you're not capped.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    So in other words there is no hard cap, because you can do the campaign and get it....?

Do you even know what a hard cap is?
    No, he's saying you can't get past 13 through catchup. Which is incorrect, catchup works up till the previous week's cap, even if you have other sources available.