Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Thorgast ppls pretending to do twisted corridors to get boosted on other wings

as tittle says been sniping for lvl8 twisted corridors yesterday and some group of ppls pretended to be going there while they started other wing, their gear was been a bit lower so im guessing they know what they were doing also no one answered direct question why they did it
    Nothing much to cry about but in next group other ppls had similar experience so just though i will share it here to avoid some time consuming activity you may don`t really want to do
    Just pay attention what you are signing in, once on LFG and then while queuing for thorgast

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Haha, well I guess without api functions it's hard to find out whether you're in a normal wing or twisted corridors, correct?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    Haha, well I guess without api functions it's hard to find out whether you're in a normal wing or twisted corridors, correct?
    What about just the name.. it already says twisting corridors, what is confusing?

If you see them go other wing, just leave. Wow is full of false advertising and dicks. Also I hate when no one is talking.. I leave when that happends. No communication is always a sign for me that the group will fail. Mostly m+ speaking tho.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-01-11 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    as tittle says been sniping for lvl8 twisted corridors yesterday and some group of ppls pretended to be going there while they started other wing, their gear was been a bit lower so im guessing they know what they were doing also no one answered direct question why they did it
    Nothing much to cry about but in next group other ppls had similar experience so just though i will share it here to avoid some time consuming activity you may don`t really want to do
    Just pay attention what you are signing in, once on LFG and then while queuing for thorgast
    i dont this is the case though . its because of how group finder is set - i was for example looking for dps to speed up my tank run and after a while i noticed that i wanted it for normal thorgast and by default it was set to twisted corridors.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    yea you can only see where you are when you enter next floor or im missing something really badly :P

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i dont this is the case though . its because of how group finder is set - i was for example looking for dps to speed up my tank run and after a while i noticed that i wanted it for normal thorgast and by default it was set to twisted corridors.
    may be but i asked 3 times why they did it and didn't get any answer (despite some were very active on chat when someone died) and everyone just left party the sec last boss died, their luck i haven't done other wings yet this week as i would 100% quit at 3-4 flor after noticing what is going on ;P
    btw they were so bad geared that we barley did mort`regar l8 in 5 man group :P
    Last edited by kosajk; 2021-01-11 at 10:09 AM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Is there a way to tell what layer you're on when queued or zoned in? I know for a fact the minimap says twisting corridor but I bet a lot of players seek to both skip 10hours of progressing to the last layer and get carried by classes with an easier time in there.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corydon View Post
    This^^

When I enter a group for a dungeon or a torghast run and greet them and nobody is talking back, I just leave. I don't mind the deserter debuff. It just feels wrong to me to play a game with other people that only seem to tolerate other people for their endeavour instead of having social activity. It' up to you to play how you want and interact or not with other people. Just saying I personally like interaction and skip dumb groups.
    Yea then it still feels like you doing it solo, why not talk and try to make the run little bit more bareable, by saying hello.

But greeting some one or talk in general hurts for alot of nerd in this game, but like you said I refuse to do stuff with those people, so i just leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    I bet a lot of players seek to both skip 10hours of progressing to the last layer and get carried by classes with an easier time in there.
    How are they going to skip to the last layer now? You need to unlock all the layers leading up to 8. I've tried this with my friend since I've done all 8 layers and he didn't at the time. There is no skipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    what?

it says when you enter...
    hahahahaha, reading is hard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    what?

it says when you enter...
    yea for couple sec, probably also when you sign up but not everyone expect getting fucked on shit like those
    especially when someone can just get out on 3 flor and gl

Quote Originally Posted by archelos91 View Post
    hahahahaha, reading is hard.
    yea reading is sometimes hard when sayed information is visible for couple seconds on each flor while ~year old scrub is trying to take your attention all the time, for sure happy that you guys don`t have this kind of problems in life
    Last edited by kosajk; 2021-01-13 at 12:17 PM.

yea for couple sec, probably also when you sign up but not everyone expect getting fucked on shit like those
    especially when someone can just get out on 3 flor and gl

yea reading is sometimes hard when sayed information is visible for couple seconds on each flor while ~year old scrub is trying to take your attention all the time, for sure happy that you guys don`t have this kind of problems in life
    It also permanently says the zone name over the minimap in your upper right.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I suppose the best way to find out if they had done layer 8 or not is to check 1 of two things mounts or achievements

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    It also permanently says the zone name over the minimap in your upper right.
    got mini map replacement add on and im pretty sure its not showing it although maybe im just blind

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    I suppose the best way to find out if they had done layer 8 or not is to check 1 of two things mounts or achievements
    if someone did l8 he will most likely don`t bother in going there again
    im for sure not planing on doing thise without some serious reason
    the run is nice, you get a lot of power on it so it seems fun but then you finish it and from 60-100k dps in case of shaman with BL on each pack and totems healing you for 10k+ HPS you are getting back to 4-10k DPS, pretty disappointing experience in the end if you ask me
    Last edited by kosajk; 2021-01-13 at 01:54 PM.

the run is nice, you get a lot of power on it so it seems fun but then you finish it and from 60-100k dps in case of shaman with BL on each pack and totems healing you for 10k+ HPS you are getting back to 4-10k DPS, pretty disappointing experience in the end if you ask me
    My lock's demo spec tops out around 8k burst, and in the TC1 I did I finished at 168k DPS on the boss and a 1.5 million hp felguard.

yea you can only see where you are when you enter next floor or im missing something really badly :P

may be but i asked 3 times why they did it and didn't get any answer (despite some were very active on chat when someone died) and everyone just left party the sec last boss died, their luck i haven't done other wings yet this week as i would 100% quit at 3-4 flor after noticing what is going on ;P
    btw they were so bad geared that we barley did mort`regar l8 in 5 man group :P
    gear has nothing to do with thorgast - its all about getting correct powers

ill give you example - i got frost wand or how its called on my hunter last week - after getting this i was averaging 20-30k on trash packs and did last boss with 100k dps on normal L8- just from this 1 power

how much itlv woudl i have to be to do so ? 400-500 ?

itlv means nothing there

15+ Year Old Account

ill give you example - i got frost wand or how its called on my hunter last week - after getting this i was averaging 20-30k on trash packs and did last boss with 100k dps on normal L8- just from this 1 power

itlv means nothing there
    well that`s your opinion, on every wing beside twisted corridors im 90% with you as its not that hard but on that one gear is quiet important, generally all powers you get are % buffs to skills the more you can do "baseline" the more you finish up doing and on 12+ flor things hit hard and have a loot of life + until f14 its hard to not have most of important powers so luck have not that much to play in these case

about group i was been commenting we finished l8 mort`regar with 4-5 extra lifes left so things can be difficult for some ppls while i did it solo with maybe 1 death total
    Last edited by kosajk; 2021-01-13 at 02:46 PM.

got mini map replacement add on and im pretty sure its not showing it although maybe im just blind
    9 times out of 10 in the first week or two of an xpac when someone in my guild complains that a quest they're trying to do that I've done before is bugged I tell them "are you using addons? That's your problem."
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    9 times out of 10 in the first week or two of an xpac when someone in my guild complains that a quest they're trying to do that I've done before is bugged I tell them "are you using addons? That's your problem."
    hard to argue but if we have frame for m+ and quests why those one thing use mini map?
    Still its not that big problem for me, i just did one wing that i would skip probably last week,
    just wanted ppls to pay attention to what they do, especially that in current fast que and fast m+ someone can accidentally waste 30-60 min for something that maybe is already finished for week, no real reason to bash me for that or even more for addons i use or not ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Yea then it still feels like you doing it solo, why not talk and try to make the run little bit more bareable, by saying hello.

But greeting some one or talk in general hurts for alot of nerd in this game, but like you said I refuse to do stuff with those people, so i just leave.
    This is incredibly elitist. People just want to get their stuff done. It in no way means taking hurts them.

itlv means nothing there
    Some aspects are also multiplicative towards your gear like the souls etc which does help.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    This is incredibly elitist. People just want to get their stuff done. It in no way means taking hurts them.
    How is that elitist? That makes absolutely no sense to say elitist. Sure you can say you disagree, but it's not "elitist". Wanting people to be social and stating the fact that gamers have a tendency to lack social skills is not elitist.