Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    you probably did it after they giga nuked frost presence and the accompying talents that increased armor in the frost tree, because you could easily hit the armor cap as Frost in early ulduar.
    What an irrelevant post. Every DK tank took Toughness. Are you sure you're not thinking of late Ulduar after UA was buffed, 6 months after it was released?

  2. #42
    Stood in the Fire ShadowofVashj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Chillen in Shal'Aran, under the Mana Tree
    Posts
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    what next, an unique big red button that will do all skill in once ?

    so being in the top s tier dps is not enough ?
    Not asking for a buff. But like many posters in this thread you seem to need a big red button for reading comprehension.

  3. #43
    Good luck and get what you want soon. Let's enjoy these great games together.

  4. #44
    The Unstoppable Force Bakis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    24,214
    Just played the first few months of Shadowland and I think the overall pet damage is fine I just wish it was less tied to Apoc etc.
    I'm never been a fan of CD up->kickass->vs. cd on cooldown->crap output, that can be ignored.
    Ukraine’s government has officially registered the Moskva cruiser wreck on the Black Sea bottom as a national underwater cultural heritage site.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Just played the first few months of Shadowland and I think the overall pet damage is fine I just wish it was less tied to Apoc etc.
    I'm never been a fan of CD up->kickass->vs. cd on cooldown->crap output, that can be ignored.
    ret pala has an intesting talent,where when its on cd you get a buff that does dmg,now idk how good the talent itself is or if the buff is decent,but that method if tuned well i see it being a very nice solution to classes depenedant on cds

  6. #46
    The Unstoppable Force Bakis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    24,214
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    ret pala has an intesting talent,where when its on cd you get a buff that does dmg,now idk how good the talent itself is or if the buff is decent,but that method if tuned well i see it being a very nice solution to classes depenedant on cds
    Interesting, I can see it fit for retri not sure about a pet class though. It would have to be pet only buff if so but I would rather they just shifted some damage out of the cooldowns to pet white hits and claw.
    That being said the CDs should feel like a tangible increase as burst just not the night & day difference it was on live when I played.

    I enjoy pet management personally and for me and others who enjoy it there is basically zero management left(outside PvP) since if it dies "who cares" I have an instant ress with short cooldown and the white hits arent that potent for a short downtime of not having a pet up
    Last edited by Bakis; 2021-06-21 at 01:22 AM.
    Ukraine’s government has officially registered the Moskva cruiser wreck on the Black Sea bottom as a national underwater cultural heritage site.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    ret pala has an intesting talent,where when its on cd you get a buff that does dmg,now idk how good the talent itself is or if the buff is decent,but that method if tuned well i see it being a very nice solution to classes depenedant on cds
    Total class dps will only be allowed so much. Being empowered passively while on CD will take power away from CDs to keep the relative total power of the spec the same. So, when you ask for a passive buff when on CD you may as well just ask for power to be taken out of the CDs and put into the core abilities directly. Taking up a talent slot to accomplish this to "fix" the class to be less reliant on CDs just forces a talent choice. Having talents "fix" the class is never ideal, especially when a similar result can be accomplished by just moving numbers around or changing the ratios. Adjusting CD power to be less also brings with it the risk of that many buttons still being present, and now just feeling entirely unrewarding to press. Considering how many there are, that may be a pretty dire situation if suddenly they all felt bad especially when so much of your opener can require that many CDs. It's dangerous to adjust this.
    Last edited by Razion; 2021-06-21 at 02:46 AM.

  8. #48
    Legendary! Ealyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Switzerland, Geneva
    Posts
    6,663
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowofVashj View Post
    I wish we had a talent/ability/whatever that we could sacrifice our pet
    They have

    Hunters need to be marksman to be petless.
    Warlocks need to be affliction or destruction to be petless.

    Death knights need to be blood or frost to be petless.

    Deathknights are in fact EXACTLY like those classes you wish they were... Problem non existant, thus solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    nazi is not the abbreviation of national socialism....
    When googling 4 letters is asking too much fact-checking.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by notJoyful View Post
    you can sacrifice your pet, it is called, frost spec
    Imagine telling someone to play Frost
    I mean that's what I played when I was subbed and it was always super subpar compared to unholy.

  10. #50
    Unholy tank didn't take Gargoyle, you most likely didn't tank UH if you thought that.

  11. #51
    Immortal Nnyco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Haomarush
    Posts
    7,842
    Its like saying you want to play beast mastery but without the pet.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Warlocks don't have a viable petless option. Grimoire of Sacrifice is a dps loss compared to not taking a talent at all.
    Wait, I haven't played Wow in a while, is this really true? OMEGALUL

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Aluren View Post
    Wait, I haven't played Wow in a while, is this really true? OMEGALUL
    Warlocks are (again) breaking the game in raid and with 2 specs in M+, by performing 20-40% better as the next "OP" spec.

    There is no need to pitty the warlock class, its the most looked after by the devs with tuning goals to make them not on-par but above the best classes/specs by default.

    Lets not even think for a second, that a so well cared for class/spec could have any major issues with DPS mechanics or even tuning numbers.

    And thats just simDPS tuning. For some reason there is allways some double dipping going on with this class and that breaks is even more over time with stat stacking.

    Look at current M+ high keys, this niche class, with usually a low representation because its that boring to play and not as liked as hunter/mages or in general melee classes, dominates the higher rankings and blizzard will do what they allways do, let is go on for at least a full season if not the full duration till the pre-expansion patch. Because a nerf could impact mythic raiding progression, its that broken that guild couldnt continue with a balanced state of the warlock class.

    WoW is pretty stupid outside of casual game play, you have a stupid direction for end game tuning since a while now.
    Last edited by Ange; 2022-04-11 at 09:03 AM.
    hidden information WoWArmory | Raider.IO | WoWProg | logs Logs1 | Logs2 | Logs3

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Warlocks are (again) breaking the game in raid and with 2 specs in M+, by performing 20-40% better as the next "OP" spec.

    There is no need to pitty the warlock class, its the most looked after by the devs with tuning goals to make them not on-par but above the best classes/specs by default.

    Lets not even think for a second, that a so well cared for class/spec could have any major issues with DPS mechanics or even tuning numbers.

    And thats just simDPS tuning. For some reason there is allways some double dipping going on with this class and that breaks is even more over time with stat stacking.

    Look at current M+ high keys, this niche class, with usually a low representation because its that boring to play and not as liked as hunter/mages or in general melee classes, dominates the higher rankings and blizzard will do what they allways do, let is go on for at least a full season if not the full duration till the pre-expansion patch. Because a nerf could impact mythic raiding progression, its that broken that guild couldnt continue with a balanced state of the warlock class.

    WoW is pretty stupid outside of casual game play, you have a stupid direction for end game tuning since a while now.
    Oh I'm not pitting them, I've seen the 200k+ aoe bursts in mythic+. I just think it's funny how picking a certain talent is a dps loss over not picking any talent at all, that's some Blizzard game design right there.

  15. #55
    I completely agree with you, what is not fair

    - - - Updated - - -

    That would change everything

  16. #56
    Pandaren Monk Lady Atia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    1,768
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowofVashj View Post
    I wish we had a talent/ability/whatever that we could sacrifice our pet (UH spec only obv) or not have one and then get that blanket X% damage bonus. Am I crazy that pet management is a little much for a melee class, especially in pvp?
    No! Pet classes that have to "sacrifice" their pets is the worst thing they ever did. I still can't bring myself to play MM hunter because you have to play without your pet which sucks. If you wanna play without a pet, you have frost, blood, warriors or ret paladins to play with. Stop taking away pets ffs ...

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowofVashj View Post
    I wish we had a talent/ability/whatever that we could sacrifice our pet (UH spec only obv) or not have one and then get that blanket X% damage bonus. Am I crazy that pet management is a little much for a melee class, especially in pvp?
    The pet is iconic to Unholy and is a significant portion of your damage.

    Sacrificing it makes no sense hence why Death Pact hasn't sacrificed the DK pet in years.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    Frost DK is the dps option if you don't like pets. Unholy would need a massive overhaul for a pet-less option to function,
    Meh, not really. I personally never really liked Unholy but all they would have to do is make Death Coil stacks empower you instead of the pet. That's a very simple change.

    Either way Unholy is supposed to be about diseases so I'm not really sure why they ever went the pet fantasy with that spec to begin with. I mean Arthas could raise Ghouls, but that's already a baseline ability anyways every DK spec gets.

  19. #59
    Over 9000! Kithelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere where canon still exists
    Posts
    9,008
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowofVashj View Post
    I wish we had a talent/ability/whatever that we could sacrifice our pet (UH spec only obv) or not have one and then get that blanket X% damage bonus. Am I crazy that pet management is a little much for a melee class, especially in pvp?
    BM you can't sacrifice your pet
    Demo You can't sacrifice your pet

    Both are specs that revolve around their pet just like Unholy

    If you want petless DK there is Frost...you can even DW or 2H
    #WithoutRespectWeReject

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •