Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    The ghoul is a significant part of Unholy's damage.

Unless the "Lone Wolf" equivalent increased Shadow Damage dealt by like 40-50% it wouldn't be worth it.

They should split Unholy into Unholy and Necromancer.

Let Necro take the pets, Unholy the dots.

4 specs for DK, 4 horseman, makes sense.

Famine (Blood), War (Frost), Pestilence (Unholy), Death (Necromancer)

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    They should split Unholy into Unholy and Necromancer.

Let Necro take the pets, Unholy the dots.

4 specs for DK, 4 horseman, makes sense.

Famine (Blood), War (Frost), Pestilence (Unholy), Death (Necromancer)
    isn't that kind of what's happening with the new unholy tree? you can pretty much opt out of playing with pets

if you stick to the left side of the tree and take some stuff on the right side you avoid virtually all talents that give you pets or empower your pet

no whether that will be the optimal dps build remains to be seen but yeah

If 2H Frost was actually viable, this would not be an issue. I hate the pet and unholy in general, I want to play Blood DPS, but they killed it in CATA. So, I am stuck dual wielding even though I love swinging a big Ol 2 hander around much more than the 1h dual wield.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    isn't that kind of what's happening with the new unholy tree? you can pretty much opt out of playing with pets

if you stick to the left side of the tree and take some stuff on the right side you avoid virtually all talents that give you pets or empower your pet

no whether that will be the optimal dps build remains to be seen but yeah
    Literally came back to this thread to post something like this. The new talent tree coming this week looks like it may allow you to complete forgo the pets and just be a disease spreading monster.

It remains to be seen if you will still have to get at least basic pet talents to get all the shadow/disease/dot talents, but it looks like it may be possible. I'd be fine with having a ghoul pet that is basically just there to smack things and not do much, and I'd love to not care about it when I can control a giant undead monster and use that. We shall see if a true unholy sans pets build ends up working, but I'm very intrigued.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pets has been in a dire need of overhaul for a long time. It's not game breaking but I find it odd that some are still fuck-n-forget while for example UH is too tied into it, thinking of PvP mostly due to survival issues.
    Anyhow, UH always had a focus as a diehard pet class but I still think that it is doing waaaay too much of the overall damage in PvE and has done so for 2 expansions.
    Cant remember past that even though I played it.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2022-09-08 at 04:24 AM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Dks should have that option

Unholy does not have that luxury with how the ghoul and other undead minions function within the spec.