Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
... LastLast
  1. #101
    I actually wish they released TC week 1 with a layer cap of 1, increasing by 1 per week. Yes, we still wouldn't have the mount, but giving that much power in 1 week to an 8+ hour activity wasn't really smart. Spread out over 8 weeks, though...

  2. #102
    Banned FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    22,453
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    It isn't though. On 18 floors you are much less rng dependent, because you are more likely to get key anima powers. also get all torghast upgrades and you are swimming in powers.
    the first floor is massivly RNG dependent, after that nah its as you say.

    for example when i do twsiting corddiros for friends i constantly reset till i get the infernal pact power to start, then i pray we got a skeleton layer, cause then i get the ravnous orb and get unlimited anima on floor 3.
    i also hope for some possibly good demon powers early on to make it safer so my pet can get its stacks, i also hope for some greed stacks so i can get some passive phantasma so i can have enough for the orb and more at the first shop, and also to give me some later passive generation for when skeletons stop spawning.

    if the first 2 floors go well, then its no more rng, its just normal, but the first floor, maybe first 2, are very much "i need these specific powers to drop at some capacity" and atleast you can control ONE power (your starting power)

  3. #103
    I just want a reason to do Torghast when the weekly rewards are exhausted.

    How about 10 anima per layer per completion and double for TC? So 80 anima for a regular Layer 8 run and 160 for TC? I'd love more toys, cosmetics, material, etc obtainable too and would adore the chance at some form of usable loot. How about a chance for a token drop? Something.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    not every activity has to be fun, sometimes it's the reward at the end and the pain you have to go through only makes it feel better.
    This is one of those areas where we fundamentally disagree. It's a videogame. Every activity, every single millisecond, should be designed first and foremost to be fun.

    You're completely correct that fun is subjective. All the devs can do is try to develop content and systems that most players will enjoy. I can't speak for anyone else, but in Twisting Corridors, they failed to do that for me personally. It's tedious and takes way too long. Just my opinion, yours will vary!
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2021-01-19 at 12:04 AM.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Every activity, every since millisecond, should be designed first and foremost to be fun.
    Some reason this gave me flashbacks to working on the epic Warlock mount. Some of the worst time I've spent in WoW.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Still here and still posting
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    This is one of those areas where we fundamentally disagree. It's a videogame. Every activity, every since millisecond, should be designed first and foremost to be fun.

    You're completely correct that fun is subjective. All the devs can do is try to develop content and systems that most players will enjoy. I can't speak for anyone else, but in Twisting Corridors, they failed to do that for me personally. It's tedious and takes way too long. Just my opinion, yours will vary!
    Although I do agree that overall, videogames are or should be intended to be fun. However, many people find grueling, challenging things to be enjoyable purely from the pov of being able to achieve them - what im saying is that just like an ironman, or some other activity, the reward and joy comes at the end - overcoming something very challenging and difficult. But when you are half way through the marathon at the end and your feet are blistered and ripped up, your muscles are screaming, you are tired and struggling, I wouldn't say its "fun".

    Its like farming mounts, for example - i know a chap who farmed the same mount on 10 characters, most weeks, for over 5 years. He didnt enjoy the runs - they were not fun for him, but when he got that mount, it was all worth it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Some reason this gave me flashbacks to working on the epic Warlock mount. Some of the worst time I've spent in WoW.
    were you happy when you got it though? Did you enjoy riding around on it?

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    were you happy when you got it though? Did you enjoy riding around on it?
    Yeah, the feeling of it being over and having a demonic horse to ride on never got old. I'd still ride it if Legion didn't give us a much better version.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Still here and still posting
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwimmerlaik View Post
    I just want a reason to do Torghast when the weekly rewards are exhausted.

    How about 10 anima per layer per completion and double for TC? So 80 anima for a regular Layer 8 run and 160 for TC? I'd love more toys, cosmetics, material, etc obtainable too and would adore the chance at some form of usable loot. How about a chance for a token drop? Something.
    heres the thing, people dont want more reasons to do things they dont want to. they arent going to add morerewards. its there for either soul ash, or if you like it. thats it. when you finish your weekly runsd you dont have to do it anymore. thats what everyone has been crying about the last 2 xpacs. "we dont want infinite farms" so you dont have one.

    you just get less rewards. deal with it.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Yeah, the feeling of it being over and having a demonic horse to ride on never got old. I'd still ride it if Legion didn't give us a much better version.
    I got the druid mount from auch when it was still really challenging to get (by druid mount i mean the mount you needed a druid to summon - anzu? something like that). It was not fun running that place constantly, but having it has been really enjoyable. A little pain for some gain is totally fine in my book.

  10. #110
    I would love to have more cosmetic options being available by doing Torghast, expecially twisting corridors.

    The mount is nice but I'd rather they given us a mount equipment that read "you can use your mount in the Maw" or something.
    The end goal would have been the same. Fuck, they could have given both.

    But add more stuff.

    We have this whole legendary set appearance that we cannot use at all.
    Why not have a bunch of achivs tied to each armor piece to unlock it all as a transmog?
    Like "do layer 8 with only unlocking 'a set amount' of anima powers"
    "do layer 8 while having 'a set amount' of phantasm left"
    "do layer 8 without dying once"
    etc.

    It would give more replay value and offer a reward that's already implemented (but unused).

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Its like farming mounts, for example - i know a chap who farmed the same mount on 10 characters, most weeks, for over 5 years. He didnt enjoy the runs - they were not fun for him, but when he got that mount, it was all worth it.
    I'm a mount collector myself and have well over 5000 kills (including coins) on all of the MoP worldbosses and Rukhmar. So far I only have Oondasta's mount. I would totally support increasing the droprates to 1% even if it would mean all that time was wasted. I mean it's wasted anyway, it's insane that I did it in the first place, but you know what I mean. I don't enjoy it, it sucks, but I do it anyway because it's a MMO and that's the sort of thing we convince ourselves to do.

    That's the sort of thing that really shouldn't be in the game, 1 in 3000 droprate mounts. Twisting Corridors is a much less egregious example because it will be easily achievable and faster with gear, it's just boring, but it's current content and it's still poor design and worth calling out, IMO.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2021-01-19 at 12:18 AM.

  12. #112
    Imagine being mad because your failure to inform yourself.

    Confused as to why you didn’t double check. Everything you hear on the internet isn’t true.

  13. #113
    On average it took me 60 to 120 minutes to clear a layer with time increasing as I did higher layers. I actually enjoyed the experience but I had to do it over the course of several days. Doing more than 1 layer in a given day felt burdensome. I also cleared the layers with a friend, and I highly recommend doing Twisting Corridors with at least one other person.

    Not only does sharing the experience make it more fun due to socialization, it also makes it easier by having someone to back you up, someone that has abilities that compliment yours or make up for your shortfalls, and generally increases the probability of getting good power combos simply by virtue of having more power choices between you. It's particularly noticeable in regards to phantasma gains since you are both earning it and thus have more flexibility in how you engage the vendors.

    Now that I have my mount, I'm able to help other friends and guildies get theirs.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2021-01-19 at 01:22 AM.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    This is one of those areas where we fundamentally disagree. It's a videogame. Every activity, every single millisecond, should be designed first and foremost to be fun.

    You're completely correct that fun is subjective. All the devs can do is try to develop content and systems that most players will enjoy. I can't speak for anyone else, but in Twisting Corridors, they failed to do that for me personally. It's tedious and takes way too long. Just my opinion, yours will vary!
    And here we are at the very tip of the point. I never quite liked torghast, and haven't even bothered with TC yet, if at all. It serves its purpose in the game anyway, and in my opinion in quite reasonable proportions. Nobody's forced to grind that for endless hours to reach their legendaries. Surely, the highest level takes a fair chunk of ash, but so be it, that's the creme de la creme anyway. For all other purposes it's like fishing achievements. Some people love it, some people hate it, and some of the latter still grind it until the very bitter end.
    Having a raid attunement requiring TC8 to be cleared, now that would be an arse move.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    How is it CHOREghast if you ... don't have to do it?
    You must do it because of maw mount.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    That's like saying the Mage Tower in Legion was a boring chore, since it took so many tries.
    Yes, it was boring. Worst content ever.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwimmerlaik View Post
    How about 10 anima per layer per completion and double for TC? So 80 anima for a regular Layer 8 run and 160 for TC? I'd love more toys, cosmetics, material, etc obtainable too and would adore the chance at some form of usable loot. How about a chance for a token drop? Something.
    That's too much. Must be 35 anima to balance with other activities.

  16. #116
    nothing wrong with twisting corridors. its the shitty 2x 6 floors on every character to get my legendary shit. I want to puke blood every tuesday doing it.

  17. #117
    I thought Torghas was fun in the beginning; it was new content with some interesting mechanics.

    Now I don't even bother doing it anymore. As a tank it's a complete snooze-fest difficulty-wise but I don't even care about that. It's just all the same; same mobs, same area's, same textures, same abilities.

    I don't even care about my legendary; let it sit at 225, I don't give a damn. But I won't set foot in another Torghast.
    "Just flow with the go..." - Rickson Gracie

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    The amount of salt and people with sub human standards for enjoyment is delicious, and nothing unexpected imagine saying chupachapagast is fun with a straight face.
    Its pretty obvious that the OP isnt interested in any form of discussion on the topic and he already got the usual suspecs(the ones who always hate on wow when they get the chance, you guys know who i am talking about) to join the topic.

    Why isnt this thread locked already?

    People getting infracted left and right for standing up to the obvious green forest dude here

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    You must do it because of maw mount.
    .
    No you dont

  19. #119
    I haven’t done “choregast” because I don’t want to and I don’t care and neither do you.

    /thread.

    Edit: I am the same as Nocturnus above, my legendary is at 225 and I’d rather leave it at 225 than do Torg to grind the 235 and blow 80k on the mats for an arguably insignificant upgrade. You don’t “need” a 235 legendary, you don’t “need” a maw mount.
    Last edited by Declaron; 2021-01-19 at 01:17 PM.

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Declaron View Post
    I haven’t done “choregast” because I don’t want to and I don’t care and neither do you.

    /thread.

    Edit: I am the same as Nocturnus above, my legendary is at 225 and I’d rather leave it at 225 than do Torg to grind the 235 and blow 80k on the mats for an arguably insignificant upgrade. You don’t “need” a 235 legendary, you don’t “need” a maw mount.
    inb4 "you need the mount to do the maw" - ignoring the fact that it does not make it way faster, just some minutes a day, while you need at least 8 hours to get the mount (if all runs are 1h/each).
    I agree with the legendary, too. Most people here crying around aren't even in a position where they need a maxed legendary - they just think they "HAVE TO" have it because what ever the reason is. If they would be in such a position, they would have the 235 since 2 or 3 weeks already, if I'm not wrong.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •