Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Yet another Choregast thread

So i finally reached the point where i can do Choregast twisting choreidors. I always read you get the mount after 18 floors and this has been repeated many times around the web. And what absolute idiocy gets people to keep repeating that is just unfathomable to me. You enter with absolute faith that you can do it with 18 grueling floors, but then you realize: you actually have to do 144 floors in fact. 8 god damned layers with 18 levels each. A bit more than 18 is it not? just 1 teensy weensy bit. Choregast scrapped and nothing lost inchingfinger:

Sorry, just had to vent

You call it a chore but then you complain about not getting rewarded enough from the optional wing that doesn't even grant soul ash. On top of that apparently it was difficult for you hence the "finally reached the point where i can" so it was a challenge. Chores are usually viewed as trivial things that take up your time not challenges you need to struggle through.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    So i finally reached the point where i can do Choregast twisting choreidors. I always read you get the mount after 18 floors and this has been repeated many times around the web. And what absolute idiocy gets people to keep repeating that is just unfathomable to me. You enter with absolute faith that you can do it with 18 grueling floors, but then you realize: you actually have to do 144 floors in fact. 8 god damned layers with 18 levels each. A bit more than 18 is it not? just 1 teensy weensy bit. Choregast scrapped and nothing lost inchingfinger:

Sorry, just had to vent
    just get good

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yep, part of WoW community is still terrible, thank you for daily reminder OP. When you wonder why SL is so heavily gated, just read complains from all these "I hate Thorghast (BoReGhaSt, ChOrEgHaSt, ChupaChupsGhast look how funny I am), but I HAVE to spend 48 hours here for optional mount (to save ~10 minutes each day) or I burst".

Same with gear, people asked for no warforge for 6+ years and praise Vanilla for "loot matters" strategy. Now they expect to gear up in two resets.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    just get good
    It’s not a difficulty issue, it’s a boredom issue.

I think I’ll happily live without the mount, I’m a shaman and I only go to the Maw for the covenant weekly plus Ve’nari weekly, won’t bother doing 144 floors until I will just be able to clear every floor with 3-4 massive pulls.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Yep, part of WoW community is still terrible, thank you for daily reminder OP. When you wonder why SL is so heavily gated, just read complains from all these "I hate Thorghast (BoReGhaSt, ChOrEgHaSt, ChupaChupsGhast look how funny I am), but I HAVE to spend 48 hours here for optional mount (to save ~10 minutes each day) or I burst".

Same with gear, people asked for no warforge for 6+ years and praise Vanilla for "loot matters" strategy. Now they expect to gear up in two resets.
    I wonder why the equation has to be “loot matters = 1 piece every century”. Loot matters if it’s a good upgrade, the time you have to wait for it has no correlation with it being good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    It’s not a difficulty issue, it’s a boredom issue.

I think I’ll happily live without the mount, I’m a shaman and I only go to the Maw for the covenant weekly plus Ve’nari weekly, won’t bother doing 144 floors until I will just be able to clear every floor with 3-4 massive pulls.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder why the equation has to be “loot matters = 1 piece every century”. Loot matters if it’s a good upgrade, the time you have to wait for it has no correlation with it being good or bad.
    Problem is gear won't change it. If you can't clear it now, it's not a matter of gear so unless they plan on nerfing it, you still won't and I would be fairly sure it's going the way of mage tower when next xpac comes.

Totally optional wing with rewards you dont need for anything

Even the mount. Does it even save you 5 minutes a week in the Maw?

It's almost like this is experimental content that they're testing and eventually plan to add more to to change it up that's not MEANT TO BE GROUND OUT ALL AT ONCE....as if they....I don't know wanted you to slowly grind the mount over a long period of time? It couldn't possibly have tweaks and more features added to it. But you're clever and whitty and came up with a ZINGER of a nickname like Choregast. I do this with my girlfriend and two of our friends. 2 tanks 1 healer 1 dps. Sometimes we bring another one along. No it's not hard at all but it's fun. It's damn fun. I think some of you people lack imagination so badly that you are IMPOSSIBLE to please. Just me though. Anyways, have fun complaining. I'm enjoying the expansion myself. Doesn't matter what they put forward someone will always come along to be an edge lord and rip on it. Even when it's good. I've said myself for years they needed to experiment with rogue like and randomized map mechanics sort of like Diablo in an instanced form within WoW. We finally get it and now rodents are squeeking about it. Sorry, just had to vent. Lot of crybabies on my server that whine and cry about it. As if, get this, it's the worse thing they've ever done. It isn't.
    Last edited by Bloodbayne; 2021-01-15 at 06:43 AM.

Anyone spending 48 hours in Twisting Corridors needs to be checked for a pulse

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Hyperbole won't help you. And no, loot wouldn't matter at all if it would be throw up like candies, so quantity definitely matters, even if we are not in perfect spot right now.

But Blizzard should be VERY conservative with increasing drop (for sure don't panic after whines from playerbase that got used to old systems) because guess what - after that SL could very fast become "nothing to do" expac. And then Blizzard will start to find way to make gear more interesting, you know some little upgrade on top of regular item to make you play little bit longer..

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Anyone spending 48 hours in Twisting Corridors needs to be checked for a pulse
    I believe the concept they were going for was called "hyperbole."

Dunno, got my mount yesterday, had a lot of fun getting it too. Layer 8 was bitch to me last reset, but yesterday I got lucky and managed to clear it. I can definitely see myself doing like layer 6 just for fun.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't most people tell us the mount came for layer 8 of Twisting Corridors as far back as middle/late beta?

Just a gripe I have with TC, some clases have a much better experience than others. Prot paladin and demo lock clearing layer 8 in my guild meanwhile I failed layer 1 twice cause my pet was getting two shot at floor 17.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    I always read you get the mount after 18 floors and this has been repeated many times around the web.
    rly? bcs i never seen it once
    on the other hand, there were at least milion mentions of mount being reward for finishing layer 8, which have 18 floors... this seems more of a reading issue on your side than anything else...

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    Dunno, got my mount yesterday, had a lot of fun getting it too. Layer 8 was bitch to me last reset, but yesterday I got lucky and managed to clear it. I can definitely see myself doing like layer 6 just for fun.
    Only a degenerate would do TC for fun or is blackmailed to say so.

Quote Originally Posted by Deneios View Post
    Only a degenerate would do TC for fun or is blackmailed to say so.
    I'd to it for fun if it had more build variety &/or class leaderboards. There's absolutely zero reason for me to want to do it otherwise besides selling boosts.

I like Torghast, I find it fun.

Ive done 2 layers so far on Twisting, enjoyed it.
    Took a while, I lost track of time, wasn't too bored (wasnt too excited either).

However, there is no way i would do it again after clearing the highest layer.
    Fun enough, but without a reward, ill spend my 2 hours doing something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    Didn't most people tell us the mount came for layer 8 of Twisting Corridors as far back as middle/late beta?
    Yes, but people hear and read what they want, not what is written. Well known issue.

Hyperbole won't help you. And no, loot wouldn't matter at all if it would be throw up like candies, so quantity definitely matters, even if we are not in perfect spot right now.

But Blizzard should be VERY conservative with increasing drop (for sure don't panic after whines from playerbase that got used to old systems) because guess what - after that SL could very fast become "nothing to do" expac. And then Blizzard will start to find way to make gear more interesting, you know some little upgrade on top of regular item to make you play little bit longer..
    It has not to be black or white. You assume that it’s either “thrown like candy” or it’s “rare like a gem”.

You also assume that majority of subscribers play 25 hours a day and thus if they get a fair amount of meaningful gear they will soon stop playing. I don’t think it’s like this.

From my “1 hour and a half per day max and not even all days” the actual gear progression is far slower than BfA progression. I’m still 193 and I basically get one piece per week because loot in M+ (the only content I do) is non existent. I’m having fun anyways because I find healing fun and challenging, but every player plays his way and with his time, don’t assume that everything has to be tuned nolifers side.