Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    U need said item to get mog, item was shattered so it no longer exists. Are you dense?
    Why does it matter lol

    There doesnt have to be a lore reason.

    Players can have Atiesh while Khadgar has Atiesh.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    U need said item to get mog, item was shattered so it no longer exists. Are you dense?
    The sword being shattered does not matter. Stop acting like it does. Transmog exists outside the realms of the story. So you can't explain, storywise, why something can be transmogged and the other can't.

    Surely Blizzard has absolutely no way of making an appearance a award for achieving something. Absolutely no way, let's just not pay attention to Elite PvP sets, or how Warglaives transmog is obtained.

    Are you this stupid?
    Last edited by Glazey; 2021-01-19 at 12:22 PM.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Glazey View Post
    1. Those "options" are things that you believe to be preventing Frostmourne from being transmog. Do I or anyone else think you're physically at Blizzard HQ holding someone back? No

    2. What the fuck are you even talking about here? There is no story to timewalking. There is nothing more to it. You're trying to make it out like there is some sort of story being told here and there isn't any.

    3. Story wise, we discarded them. We moved on from them. Gameplay wise, Blizzard wanted to move on from the Artifact Weapon system. You should be able to transmog them because again, my point is that transmog is dress up and has no impact on the story or gameplay mechanics. Which is why a destroyed weapon can be used from transmog.

    Explain Warglaives then. If we're gonna use story to prevent it Frostmourne, Warglaives shouldn't be transmog either.

    Blame a toxic attitude when you get called out on your bullshit. Cool.
    1: wut? Frostmourne is a different story, because it was shattered in wotlk and reforged in 2 in legion. Just getting frostmourne without a story would feel bad for obvious reasons.
    2: are you reading? There was a quest to get them, that you dont see the story is not my problem. On top of that it was a fanservice. Even said it was not well explained, what else you want?
    3: Yea so? We know that, there was a whole blogpost about artifacts being transmoggable and they even made is easier to switch around. Again.. so over responding here. I already said this cant realy be explained. But they came with the story that they were depleted in power, but still excists. Thats it.

    Last part makes is crystal clear you are not reading. It was a freaking fanservice. Illidan wasnt even using the original warglaives afther Suramar, so that would be enough. As a subtle hint. Dude.. again, glaives were an actuall dropp and they still are.

    You are the one that needs double explanation and then calling me out on bullshit. /palm
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-01-19 at 10:07 AM.

  4. #24
    For ages, there was a Frostmourne in the game files and you could link it in chat. Was always funny to get all the whispers when I linked it for the lol's

    Unfortunately that item has now been removed. Somehow I cannot post images anymore but if you google 'Frostmourne ingame item' you can see it.
    Last edited by Tetley; 2021-01-19 at 10:01 AM.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Glazey View Post
    The sword being shattered does not matter. Stop acting like it does. Transmog exists outside the realms of the story. So you can't explain, storywise, why something can be transmogged and the other can't.

    Surely Blizzard has absolutely no way of making an appearance a award for achieving something. Absolutely no way, let's just not pay attention to Elite PvP sets, or how Warglaives transmog is obtained.

    Are you this stupid?
    Ur still comparing existing weapons to a non-existing one. And qq more, u won't get to be a dk edgelord mog, im so happy

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Glazey View Post
    The sword being shattered does not matter. Stop acting like it does. Transmog exists outside the realms of the story. So you can't explain, storywise, why something can be transmogged and the other can't.

    Surely Blizzard has absolutely no way of making an appearance a award for achieving something. Absolutely no way, let's just not pay attention to Elite PvP sets, or how Warglaives transmog is obtained.

    Are you this stupid?
    The artifacts still exist as they've only lost the artifact power we collected, but otherwise they are still in tact. The warglaives of azzinoth were stolen from Illidan after the events of Black Temple.

    Frostmourne however was destroyed.

    Spot the difference.

    And yeah, if Blizzard wanted to give players Frostmourne, then they would've done so by now. This ship has sailed.

    Also despite what some people might claim, but Frostmourne has ALWAYS been of much much bigger importance than Ashbringer and the Warglaives combined.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    1: wut?
    2: are you reading? There was a quest to get them, that you dont see the story is not my problem. On top of that it was a fanservice. Even said it was not well explained, what else you want?
    3: Yea so? We know that, there was a whole blogpost about artifacts being transmoggable and they even made is easier to switch around. Again.. so over responding here. I already said this cant realy be explained. But they came with the story that they were depleted in power, but still excists. Thats it.
    1. ? You are giving reasons as to why Frostmourne shouldn't be transmogged, reasons that prevent said weapon from being transmog. Therefore, you are preventing it.

    2. There was no quest. I didn't do any quest. All you needed was have the Feat of Strength and defeat Illidan on TW then it unlocked another Feat of Strength which gives you the appearance.

    3. Transmog isnt not canon, story, or anything else. It is dress up. It has no impact on the story, which is why you can still transmog discarded weapons that story wise isn't in your possession anymore. So how the fuck does a weapon being destroyed matter?

    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    The artifacts still exist as they've only lost the artifact power we collected, but otherwise they are still in tact. The warglaives of azzinoth were stolen from Illidan after the events of Black Temple.

    Frostmourne however was destroyed.

    Spot the difference.

    And yeah, if Blizzard wanted to give players Frostmourne, then they would've done so by now. This ship has sailed.

    Also despite what some people might claim, but Frostmourne has ALWAYS been of much much bigger importance than Ashbringer and the Warglaives combined.
    Did I say they were deleted/destroyed or did I say discarded and depleted? You're making my argument into something that it isn't. So, we just hand Illidan the Warglaives after defeating Gul'dan and he just gives them to who?

    Oh look, again, a story reason to a system that exists outside the story.
    Last edited by Glazey; 2021-01-19 at 10:11 AM.

  8. #28
    Elemental Lord Kithelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere where canon still exists
    Posts
    8,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Glazey View Post
    Explain to me the logic as to why Frostmourne can't be used for transmog for "Story reasons" and why Warglaives can?

    While also factoring in Transmog itself isn't relevant or canon to the story.
    Frostmourne was shattered...the Warglaives were abandoned

    Want relevance to the story? Why would any Death Knight want to carry around a replica of the symbol of their former slavery? A constant reminder of the ones they killed while not under their own control?

    What reason can you give me to wield Frostmourne other than you as a player think it looks cool?
    #WithoutRespectWeReject

  9. #29
    I agree, having Ashbringer as a Paldin is as much dope as it would be having Frostmourne as DK
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Glazey View Post
    Explain to me the logic as to why Frostmourne can't be used for transmog for "Story reasons" and why Warglaives can?

    While also factoring in Transmog itself isn't relevant or canon to the story.
    Like others have said on repeat.. is that frostmourne got shattered, ion top of that is that it was never a dropp so you could never get it. Getting it now as option would be weird because the weapon doesnt excist anymore in that form.

    That is enough of a valid reason why it would need some kind of reforge quest. Just giving it to players because rule of cool is nice and all, but saying transmog stuff isnt canon is a bad argument, I mean we cant give every green barrens dropp a backstory or what ever. But some items are big in lore and will get questions. More like logic for me.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Frostmourne was shattered...the Warglaives were abandoned

    Want relevance to the story? Why would any Death Knight want to carry around a replica of the symbol of their former slavery? A constant reminder of the ones they killed while not under their own control?

    What reason can you give me to wield Frostmourne other than you as a player think it looks cool?
    Oh, look, the same thing said for the 5th time.

    Cause it's transmog and it has no impact on the story or gameplay mechanics? That transmog isn't apart of the story, at all. You gave me a headcanon reason right there. I can do that too, my DK wants what has been the ultimate Death Knight weapon and wield it for himself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Like others have said on repeat.. is that frostmourne got shattered, ion top of that is that it was never a dropp so you could never get it. Getting it now as option would be weird because the weapon doesnt excist anymore in that form.

    That is enough of a valid reason why it would need some kind of reforge quest. Just giving it to players because stuff isnt canon is a bad argument.
    You're continually giving me a story reason to a system that isn't apart of the story. It does not matter if it was shattered, thrown, depleted, or put in Tirion's basement.

    There doesn't need to be a quest to reforge it.

    Who said anything about just giving it to players? I want there to be some sort of thing to achieve unlock the appearance.
    Last edited by Glazey; 2021-01-19 at 10:20 AM.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Glazey View Post
    Did I say they were deleted/destroyed or did I say discarded and depleted? You're making my argument into something that it isn't. So, we just hand Illidan the Warglaives after defeating Gul'dan and he just gives them to who?

    Oh look, again, a story reason to a system that exists outside the story.
    He wasn't given back the Warglaives of Azzinoth

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Glazey View Post
    Oh, look, the same thing said for the 5th time.

    Cause it's transmog and it has no impact on the story or gameplay mechanics? That transmog isn't apart of the story, at all. You gave me a headcanon reason right there. I can do that too, my DK wants what has been the ultimate Death Knight weapon and wield it for himself.

    You're continually giving me a story reason to a system that isn't apart of the story. It does not matter if it was shattered, thrown, depleted, or put in Tirion's basement.

    There doesn't need to be a quest to reforge it.
    In your opinion.

    You are argueing a gameplay/lore thing here and we are talking about 2 very heavy lore weapons. 1 of the 2 is gone in lore so if we want that for transmog it would need to excist imo. Frostmourne was never a dropp.

    I saw you edited your message and basically saying what I said the whole time.. that it would need a quest and with that an achievement.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-01-19 at 10:25 AM.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    He wasn't given back the Warglaives of Azzinoth
    Okay, so the Warglaives were stolen from Illidan at the end of Black Temple. Why does he have them after defeating Gul'dan?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    In your opinion.

    You are argueing a gameplay/lore thing here and we are talking about 2 very heavy lore weapons. 1 of the 2 is gone in lore so if we want that for transmog it would need to excist imo. Frostmourne was never a dropp.

    I saw you edited your message and basically saying what I said the whole time.. that it would need a quest and with that an achievement.
    What is my opinion?

    You're arguing for a lore reason as to why a system that exists outside the lore cannot use a weapon that was destroyed in lore. Do you see the fallacy in your argument here?

    Where did I say it would NEED a quest? It doesn't. It can be exactly like how Warglaives were done. Frostmourne, the item, exists in the game files. They easily make TW ICC or some other shit a Feat of Strength for DKs where if you achieve it, you get the appearance.
    Last edited by Glazey; 2021-01-19 at 10:30 AM.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Glazey View Post
    Okay, so the Warglaives were stolen from Illidan at the end of Black Temple. Why does he have them after defeating Gul'dan?

    What is my opinion?
    realy?

    There doesn't need to be a quest to reforge it

    That is your opinion, you also need help with changing clothes? My god dude.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    realy?

    There doesn't need to be a quest to reforge it

    That is your opinion, you also need help with changing clothes? My god dude.
    Explain as to why we would need to reforge it for a system that exists outside story to be able to use it in the system that exists outside the story.

    Do you wear a helmet? Cause you keep giving me reasons as to why the weapon NEEDS to be reintroduced into the story for a system where it doesn't matter what happened to the weapon.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Glazey View Post
    Explain as to why we would need to reforge it for a system that exists outside story to be able to use it in the system that exists outside the story.

    Do you wear a helmet?
    I dont know what you are trying, but why is it so hard to grasp that frostmourne doesnt excist anymore. We are talking about 1 heavy lore weapon. It never excisted in the player hands.

    Still trying to discuss gameplay/lore in a system I see ..and yes frostmourne would deserve that.

    So anything else?

    Edit: maybe think before you write, last time.. you call it reintroduced, IF we ever get that as option it will have something to explain why the player is able to transmog it, because we NEVER had it. you seriously dont get it?
    Stop bringing up that stupid transmog isnt canon argument. Its not valid for frostmourne realy.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-01-19 at 10:45 AM.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I dont know what you are trying, but why is it so hard to grasp that frostmourne doesnt excist anymore.
    Why do you think that matters at all? Frostreaper and Icebringer still exist and can be reforged into Frostmourne.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Still here and still posting
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I dont know what you are trying, but why is it so hard to grasp that frostmourne doesnt excist anymore. We are talking about 1 heavy lore weapon. It never excisted in the player hands.

    Still trying to discuss gameplay/lore in a system...and yes frostmourne would deserve that.

    So anything else?
    Holy shit, you really do wear a helmet. It does not MATTER. AT ALL. if the weapon was destroyed. It doesn't. It's a fact, not an opinion. Transmog is just dress up. It has no impact on anything other than what your character looks like. It does not increase your characters power, it does not decrease your characters power. It just doesn't matter to the system.

    The whole heavy "lore reason" doesn't work here, plus, that logic was thrown out in Legion, and I know you're gonna bring it up again "but wuz S?HATTERED". You're right, it was shattered and they could've reintroduced it there, but we reforged it into the Blades of the Fallen Prince and made it fucking stronger. But that doesn't change anything in terms of, guess what, transmog and how the system is outside of any story and gameplay reasonings.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Why do you think that matters at all? Frostreaper and Icebringer still exist and can be reforged into Frostmourne.
    It matters, because frostmourne never excisted in the player hands as we know it from arthas. The player got the toothpicks. I gave reforging as an option, cus it would be weird frostmourne suddenly appearing in your tap without explantion wouldnt make sense right?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •