Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    You can still play the normal tank, at around +5 and +10

After a certain point it becomes a game of who can cheese better and not who can play better.

When and where was this mass meeting where the "Majority" of players collectively asked for anything?... ppl on these forums keep saying a "majority" players agree'd upon or asked for something... and i keep missing these fucking meetings.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    You just want to stand still and press 1-2- the entire fight?
    I love that i need to kite and use my CD's, feels like im actualy doing something.
    Using CDs is fine but there should be almost no time a tank needs to run away to tank. Necrotic and puddles excluded ofc as well as mobs enraging that are designed that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Oh ok, you're just moving the goalpost. I thought this was a real thread, not a troll blogpost my bad.
    I have to back up OP here. Your answer had no connection to the discussion you were interfering. Ultrarabbit claimed he can make a deathball without kiting. OP doubted that. You referred OP to the MDI, where they form deathballs by kiting. So no need to accuse OP of moving goalposts, OP is absolutely right.

Quote Originally Posted by frebu View Post
    They keep hunting for esports to spin off and it is hurting the overall gameplay feel because competitive tuning over quality of life tuning has left many specs unviable to stop them from dominating the competitive scene.
    Where is this "competitive tuning" you speak of? It certainly isn't in WoW.
    Intshuffle
    <Arctic Avengers>
    Kazzak-EU

Trash mob % and % based 10 powers are the only reason I don't tank. I don't like outside of game prep work, I'd rather just play. With enough experience under my belt I might switch over to tanking if I'm desperate for groups.

I've killed Titans and Gods. But one Etherdiver in spires, that I fear.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Being in melee range, PERIOD, this expansion is a nightmare
    If we could all sit and talk without demonizing one another and attempt to understand the opposite point of view, the collective world would be a better place. Mental bigotry is the worst of all.

Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    Being in melee range, PERIOD, this expansion is a nightmare.
    In raid you have little to do. The fact that it's visual aids, well...

No. I love good old tanking style. You put marks on mobs. Some people do CC thing. Then you're pulling and staying there, using your abilities to reduce incoming damage. That is. I don't like this mario-style arcade game WoW turned into. May be it's harder, but I'm coming to WoW to chill out and relax in a stress-free environment.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    No. I love good old tanking style. You put marks on mobs. Some people do CC thing. Then you're pulling and staying there, using your abilities to reduce incoming damage. That is. I don't like this mario-style arcade game WoW turned into. May be it's harder, but I'm coming to WoW to chill out and relax in a stress-free environment.
    High reward PvE content stopped being ''chill out'' in late TBC with BT and Sunwell.

You don't need to kite except for few specific mobs/types in few key areas under... 12, or so.

I don't really enjoy it tbh, whenever it is fortified or necrotic, I'm constantly kiting every pull.
    I guess its fine when its necrotic, that affix was always the kite tank week.
    When it's tyrannical I can actually hit shit without feeling like paper so I think it's fine then.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    High reward PvE content stopped being ''chill out'' in late TBC with BT and Sunwell.

You don't need to kite except for few specific mobs/types in few key areas under... 12, or so.
    I'm not talking about hard content. But when +15 drops 210 gear, I should be able to walk in 210 gear and easily complete it. But right now with party in 215 gear it's absolutely not a walk in a park, it's extremely hard. I would understand that people in 180 gear must kite and whatever in M+15, but that's not how it works right now.

May be it's just bad tuning.

You can do that too... until M0 included. But if you wanna gear up with dungeons you have to start climbing the M+ levels.

Indeed, with the covenant gear scaling up to 197, I think that you can do M+2/3 “forever” without particular issues, but since there’s the mob % you’ll have to plan a route nonetheless. The mob % is annoying but it’s of course there to avoid ppl skipping half of the mobs (or almost all if there’s a rogue with shroud) and making every run last 15-20 minutes Max.

I do not enjoy how squishy tanks are and how hard the dps checks are even overgearing content. I have yet to do anything higher than a +7 in time and I'm 215. Albeit most of my group is about 180-200 ilv.

This. I played a tank for 10+ years, but when, during legion, i ended up looking for a new guild and got multiple rejection because i didnt do enough DPS, i quit tanking in wow forever. honestly they should reduce tank damage by 90%, multiply threat by 10x (or less, and make threat a thing again) and let tanks do what they are supposed to do: tank. also the return of actual defensive stats would be great.

Also M+ should jus be higher difficulty. slapping a timer on it ruins the fun, imo. getting it done quickly is its own reward, rewards shouldnt be dependent on it.
    Last edited by NihilSustinet; 2021-01-25 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Tanking has always been the least interesting role. Blizz is incredibly uncreative when it comes to tank "gameplay".
    It depends. For mythic+, DPS has to be the least interesting role. Tanks do everything DPS does, and more.

For raids, sure. Tanking has little to no mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    This. I played a tank for 10+ years, but when, during legion, i ended up looking for a new guild and got multiple rejection because i didnt do enough DPS, i quit tanking in wow forever. honestly they should reduce tank damage by 90%, multiply threat by 10x (or less, and make threat a thing again) and let tanks do what they are supposed to do: tank. also the return of actual defensive stats would be great.

Also M+ should jus be higher difficulty. slapping a timer on it ruins the fun, imo. getting it done quickly is its own reward, rewards shouldnt be dependent on it.
    The timer is fine but instead of depleting the key if you go over, they should simply lower the drop chance from the final chest (and raising it besides raising the key level if you do it in time).

Actually apart from the key owner wanting to push, there is no incentive in finishing the key with +2/3.

I like it as a VDH, but I do get some anxiety from it. Know the routes, the %, how to fix it if someone buttpulls then trying to maintain a level head when getting called out if something goes sideways. This usually only happens when I'm pushing harder keys those. Non-issue when I feel like going down a few lvls to help ppl with 10's and such.

But I'm a dps at heart