Page 11 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    First off: I agree with your general idea, that multiverse X-Men wouldn't be great, there should be X-Men in this universe, with some multiverse crossovers where it makes sense (like 4th wall breaking Deadpool).

But why would Tony's snap activate the X gene? We can't ask the man, but in his snap he supposedly just wished for Thanos and his army to poof.
    Well, it wouldn't have anything to do with what Thanos, Hulk or Tony "wished" for with their respective snaps, it's simply as Rocket Racoon said in the beginning of Endgame when they found out where Thanos were due to his second snap:

"When Thanos snapped his fingers, Earth became ground zero for a power surge of ridiculously cosmic proportions, no one has ever seen anything like it, until two days ago".

So it is the cosmic power surge that emits from the Infinity Guantlet, doesn't matter the wish, that activates the X-gene. Which would be the same type of energy that activated the dormant X-genes in Wanda and Pietro when they were experimented on with the Mind Stone.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    With all the multiverse stuff coming in the next 14 or so months I’m not sure it’ll be as simple as mutants suddenly being from their universe.
    I would think that will depend on their approach. Like, will there be an explosion of mutant content? Or will it be a slow roll-out? I don't think the multiverse stuff will have that much to do with mutants aside from Wanda being a big part of it, because big picture of this was planned before the Fox acquisition was a done deal.

Now they are just working in some connections to the Fox X-Men stuff to make that fit a little bit better into the Disney+ library, but they will definitely be rebooting the X-Men for the MCU and they had so much planned in the pipeline before they acquired Fox that they are in no rush to do it, so I bet there will be a slow roll-out.
    Last edited by Zarc; 2021-02-06 at 01:30 PM.

Shit, I didn’t realize it was slated for 9. Adjust my schedule accordingly. I doubt it’ll end up with a secret episode since there’s not much reason to hide how many episodes there are in your season.
    It's Feige. He does what he wants because he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The latest episode got me thinking about casting Magneto for the MCU, not as Wanda's father but as an ally so that they can found the Brotherhood of Mutants and become interesting and nuanced villains in the MCU.

Magneto can't be a Jewish Holocaust survivor unless he is to be in his 90s though, and I feel that the genocide experience is integral to motivating his approach vis-à-vis humanity in opposition to the one pursued by Xavier. So that got me thinking that they should cast a Vietnamese or Vietnamese American actor as Magneto in the MCU.

Somebody born circa 1960, who could then have the backstory of a survivor of the Cambodian genocide of the late 1970s. Little did I know that a Vietnamese Magneto already exists in the comics in the form of Erik Luu (Earth-1111). So maybe not such a far fetched idea, then?
    Why's that the quicksilver we got is from a place that magento is not old but still has the same backstory. If they are leaving her actual father from this earth dead they can do whatever they want. And they are wanting to restart xmen in the mcu so they'd be likely to go younger. Or they could just change his powers a little and say that the magnetism keeps him younger or something and he still be 90+.

What if SWORD managed to revive Vision before he was taken by Wanda?

5+ Year Old Account
    Some people want ian mckellen back as magneto but he is like 81 years old...he was old when doing Lotr..but on the other hand, Magneto isn't a character that does a lot of physical stuff like Wolverine or spiderman, he says cool lines, looks smug n waves his fingers

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I strongly doubt that as we seen him dead still in ep 4.

Damn they're already downplaying Thanos with that really awkward 4th-wall conversation between Jimmy and Darcy.

"She almost single-handedly took down Thanos if he didn't call for an air raid"

"Captain Marvel came closer"

its like they watched the movie lol shame on the MCU for that one. There wasn't media for miles.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Damn they're already downplaying Thanos with that really awkward 4th-wall conversation between Jimmy and Darcy.

its like they watched the movie lol shame on the MCU for that one. There wasn't media for miles.
    Or get this ... the heroes talked about what happened.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

It’s pretty likely with all the tech Tony has, that was all recorded

15+ Year Old Account
    The mention of living will makes me think that SWORD and the boss were doing something in violation of it. It would also feels like that is being set up with Jimmy, Monica, and Darcy. So Wanda is an easy fall guy because they were hiding the truth and she somehow found out to rescue vision.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    On the video from security camera the body is shown dismembered on the table so I highly doubt it's them.

But screw Vision, she's just snagged Quicksilver straight from the FOX-Men universe. Looks like her reach is far beyond the universe of her own and it's time for Dr. Strange to intervene
    Last edited by Yadryonych; 2021-02-06 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The latest episode got me thinking about casting Magneto for the MCU, not as Wanda's father but as an ally so that they can found the Brotherhood of Mutants and become interesting and nuanced villains in the MCU.

Magneto can't be a Jewish Holocaust survivor unless he is to be in his 90s though, and I feel that the genocide experience is integral to motivating his approach vis-à-vis humanity in opposition to the one pursued by Xavier. So that got me thinking that they should cast a Vietnamese or Vietnamese American actor as Magneto in the MCU.

Somebody born circa 1960, who could then have the backstory of a survivor of the Cambodian genocide of the late 1970s. Little did I know that a Vietnamese Magneto already exists in the comics in the form of Erik Luu (Earth-1111). So maybe not such a far fetched idea, then?
    What about a survivor from a Yugoslav wars? Since Sokovia is Eastern Europe Slavic just like the Former Yugoslavia was when it existed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    What about a survivor from a Yugoslav wars? Since Sokovia is Eastern Europe Slavic just like the Former Yugoslavia was when it existed.
    Wanda and Pietro already are these. It shouldn't be a problem for a mutant to be in his 90s anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    Mutants age like regular people unless it’s part of their powers.
    True, but this might be part oh is powers if they retcon it. Wouldn't be a bigger retcon than a vietnamese Magneto.
    OR
    Since Quicksilver looks same as he looked in Dark Phoenix (it was 1992), Magneto might be from the very same time period as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Or get this ... the heroes talked about what happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    No I don't buy the heroes talking about what happened on the Tonight Show, especially to mention only the accounts of what happened in the film.

Just one of those speed bumps in an entertaining show.

No I don't buy the heroes talking about what happened on the Tonight Show, especially to mention only the accounts of what happened in the film.

Just one of those speed bumps in an entertaining show.
    You don't think SWORD, and whoever else, did thorough debriefs afterwards? The universe came 5 seconds away from being atomized after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Or someone like Peter Parker told Ned about the whole thing after they reunited and it started to spread. We know Tom Holland can't keep his mouth shut about things like that, so maybe his version of Spiderman is the same. To support this, we know that Peter told Ned about what happened at the Airport in Germany in Civil War during Spiderman: Homecoming, as he does mention that he 'spared' with Captain America and 'stole' his shield. Plus Ned did spit out that "Peter knows Spiderman" in that same movie to his classmates, although they don't believe him...

Obviously though in this theory Ned never reveals who Spiderman is, as that reveal happens at the end of Far From Home thanks to JJJ, which is well after Wandavision.
    Last edited by Volardelis; 2021-02-06 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    On the video from security camera the body is shown dismembered on the table so I highly doubt it's them.

But screw Vision, she's just snagged Quicksilver straight from the FOX-Men universe. Looks like her reach is far beyond the universe of her own and it's time for Dr. Strange to intervene
    Or, much more likely, it wasn't her that did it. Considering how surprised she is.

But golly, who do we know who has the power to grant wishes, especially in exchange for a deal and/or to keep her wanting to stay in this pocket universe until he's done with her? I guess the world will never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    Or someone like Peter Parker told Ned about the whole thing after they reunited and it started to spread. We know Tom Holland can't keep his mouth shut about things like that, so maybe his version of Spiderman is the same.
    WandaVision takes place three weeks after Endgame. Far From Home takes place 8 months later.

Is it a guy that we already know exists in the MCU via Agents of SHIELD?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, the timeline post-Endgame is going to confuse people. Especially since Wandavision supposedly leads directly into Strange 2 but we’re getting Homecoming 3 first. Much like we did with FFH and WV.
    In regards to MCU it's still in the air if Feige even acknowledges that AoS exists in the main timeline or not. (Although most of the time it sounds like he doesn't)