Page 21 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If Fassbender showed up I would lose my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Doronjo View Post
    Spoiler episode 6.

Quicksilver is freaking sus.

Wanda claimed at episode 5 she did not made him interviene. Of course it is established that she could do that subcounciously but still, she seemed truly honest about not being responsible for once. Quicksilver however does state the contrary, which could be true, but could be a example of gaslighting which is a theme of the season.

Even if it might be just a TV trope, Quicksilver is being a real bad example for the kids. Teaching them to drink "beer" (they don't) the frat way at such a young age. With the kids he does not go for pranks but straight up steal candies from children and destroy pumpkins. One of the kid is shown possibly stealing latter. With Wanda he seems to have both false and true memory of the Marvel Pietro and when Wanda test him, he finds way to deflect the question. Making her questioning her reality (which has to be done...at some point but not like that) which also belong to the gaslighter's handbook. And when Vision was in danger he was obnoxious to a very insensitive level for the caring brother trying to help he present himself as. Finally, he presented the mindcontrol over the city folk who are definitivly not okay with that as a good thing and that they have happier life.

Let's not forget the show very much like to send hint (and possibly red herring) with some quick one liner and in two episode he talked about hugging to death her sister and pointed her children as devilspawns, a recurring theme for the main theories out there. He might also be what he claims to be, a device to come to terms with grief but that do not really check out

Agnes is also freaking sus.

Contrary to episode 5, where Vision colleague played the pronom game not directly blaming Wanda, in that episode Agnes do. However contrary to the people on the border, she's not immobile and has some kind of control. She claims Wanda want even let people think about leaving despite she tried and the doctor tried, so some half-truth there, and also the witch costume is a giveaway...

Really hard to know if those are victims, allies or foes.
    Except hayward, but everyone figured by now he's shady af

- - - Updated - - -

Also, we have entered in the 90's with malcom in the middle.

My guess for the 00's will be desperate houswives ? Wanda's life is going out of control, the gap between her and Vision is getting bigger, fit the theme
    We already have a cast of noisy neighbors and it might be one of the most iconic series in the 00's depicting life in american's suburbs.
    Arrested Development is kinda what I’m hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Maybe said third party requires Wanda to wish shit into existence, and the hex acts as a cosmic gate of sorts to get people in from the multiverse.
    But didn't this episode confirm it wasn't a Pietro from the multiverse and was his actual corpse? We saw a brief flash of a dead body just like we did with Vision. Someone may be trying to do what you suggest but it hasn't physically been done yet since it is all an illusion.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But didn't this episode confirm it wasn't a Pietro from the multiverse and was his actual corpse? We saw a brief flash of a dead body just like we did with Vision. Someone may be trying to do what you suggest but it hasn't physically been done yet since it is all an illusion.
    IDK about that. When Vision was trying to escape the Hex, I was worried he was just going to fall over dead with a big hole in his forehead, and ashen grey.

It seems clear to me Wanda has somehow created a new Vision. Now, Vision started disintegrating when he left the Hex, which may imply he's purely an illusion - but that begs the question as to why she'd need/want his corpse from SWORD. Is it hidden in some closet while she creates the new Vision completely from her memory? If so, why does it have his sense of autonomy? Why can't she control him? To me that implies she's made the corpse of Vision whole again, and the visions she sees of dead Vision/Pietro are just that....bad trauma she's trying to suppress. Which is the whole point of the saccharine-sweet sitcom setting she's creating.

Quote Originally Posted by Doronjo View Post
    Also, we have entered in the 90's with malcom in the middle.
    Malcom in the Middle was actually 2000-2006. Desperate Housewives seems to risque for where they are going and the drama won't really be there given everything else. The office, Scrubs, How I met your Mother could all work as a general theme. But there are a lot where I think we will have less defined sitcom tropes and more just a general show.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

This one seemed more like a 90s disney channel show than malcom in the middle

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The amount of theories this show has produced is insane, one insinuated that eventually this hex(or big red bubble) will eventually cover the whole world(Roughly at the end of the show).
    I guess that would make some sort of sense. If it happens when the "inside" reaches the 2020s, nothing would have to change coming into the Hex. So everyone would be blasted with radiation to trigger mutations without becoming clowns and beekeepers along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    IDK about that. When Vision was trying to escape the Hex, I was worried he was just going to fall over dead with a big hole in his forehead, and ashen grey.

It seems clear to me Wanda has somehow created a new Vision. Now, Vision started disintegrating when he left the Hex, which may imply he's purely an illusion - but that begs the question as to why she'd need/want his corpse from SWORD. Is it hidden in some closet while she creates the new Vision completely from her memory? If so, why does it have his sense of autonomy? Why can't she control him? To me that implies she's made the corpse of Vision whole again, and the visions she sees of dead Vision/Pietro are just that....bad trauma she's trying to suppress. Which is the whole point of the saccharine-sweet sitcom setting she's creating.
    I think the purpose of the Hex and the simulation is at least partly as a vehicle to fully resurrect Vision - a process he is undergoing but is not yet completed. The Hex is basically keeping him more or less alive at the moment, but he is slowly but surely becoming more "real" over time, which is probably also part and parcel of why he's becoming both more willful and powerful (e.g. being able to use his original powers, such as when he temporary frees Norm/Abilash). He's not all the way there yet, though; which is why he quickly starts to revert to his actual current state (dead and disassembled) upon departure from the original perimeter of the Hex.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." - Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I'll spoiler this just in case, but the rumor mill is saying that the next sitcom to be referenced will be Modern Family.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    I'll spoiler this just in case, but the rumor mill is saying that the next sitcom to be referenced will be Modern Family.
    I would think the best possible fit would be....ready?......

How I Met Your Mother.

Think about it.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Intro and theme, and kids breaking the 4th wall to narrate, gave me strong Malcolm in the Middle vibes. Was hoping the brief zomPietro glimpse would be a Johnson, but ah well. Did they reference Kick-Ass instead? Anywho... no clue what's going on, and I dig it.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I don't know about that. But the decay of isotopes is how radiometric dating (like carbon-14) was invented. So radioactivity doesn't automatically have Incredible Hulk-level implications.
    I treated this as technobabble to point them towards the visions location and just a convenient way to find him. He’s obviously an important asset to sword and they know a lot about him.

I view the commercial as relating magic, or rather what is going on, to death. What if those people on the edge don’t eat? Perhaps it was just Wanda putting so much focus on having kids appear and making the Halloween work that she can’t run the whole situation fully. Kinda like an old NES side scroller bogging down when there’s too much to keep up with: the hex is already taxing her, expanding it likely is pushing it to where it will be easier to collapse.

I’m still banking on this being about the stones. The mindstone empowered her, vision wore the damn thing, and it was hinted that the stone itself was self aware to an extent as I recall. Perhaps whatever is left of it is what is pushing things for Wanda.

Monica is calling in a friend. It’s only 3 weeks after the blip, and Danvers has been named dropped twice and also has a connection to the stones. Who else would she still connect to after being gone 5 years?

I still don’t know what the TV show has anything to do with all of this. It’s fine as a narrative device but I just don’t get where it fits or makes sense in any scenario but Mojo, and as much as I’d love that, I think Mojo is too much a stretch.

I do think the hex event will be referenced as turning ppl against super powered individuals and giving us a basis for anti-mutant hysteria. Something that wouldn’t fit in the current MCU well out of the blue if we assume that people knew thanos was an alien.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    Perhaps it was just Wanda putting so much focus on having kids appear and making the Halloween work that she can’t run the whole situation fully. Kinda like an old NES side scroller bogging down when there’s too much to keep up with: the hex is already taxing her, expanding it likely is pushing it to where it will be easier to collapse.
    Seems about right to me. Anything outside of the current area of who she needs to keep the illusion going aren't needed, so they are just paused. This would allow her to use the majority of her strength on what is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I would think the best possible fit would be....ready?......

How I Met Your Mother.

Think about it.
    Gonna have to be a Fox or ABC property from what I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Gonna have to be a Fox or ABC property from what I can tell.
    Oh!!! I didn't even consider the legalities.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    I don’t think they’re trolling but yeah, how people feel about carol is irrelevant and detracting from the thread.
    Provided that discussions involving Carol are made in the context of Monica and their relationship it is not detracting from the thread. Carol got another mention in episode 6, so clearly Marvel is setting some tension between her and Monica over Maria's death. Just from the reactions Monica has given so far. Not everything in this thread has to be solely around Wanda and Vision. Other characters do exist in the show :P

But trying to twist that into uncalled for bashing of Carol is indeed irrelevant to the thread.

Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    Provided that discussions involving Carol are made in the context of Monica and their relationship it is not detracting from the thread. Carol got another mention in episode 6, so clearly Marvel is setting some tension between her and Monica over Maria's death. Just from the reactions Monica has given so far. Not everything in this thread has to be solely around Wanda and Vision. Other characters do exist in the show :P

But trying to twist that into uncalled for bashing of Carol is indeed irrelevant to the thread.
    When it comes to Captain Marvel people are really salty about her film. A side note though, this could be another way for Carol to again feel those "Everyone dislikes me" feel the original film did. Which is not a bad thing, its a very human emotion. I do think its cool they are using Monica in a way to connect to captain marvel. On topic though, what else can go wrong after today.

.....Oh no
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post

It's also sorta Marvel's thing. They make sure to name drop to help keep the MCU integrated.

I liked the introduction of Speed and Wiccans powers, even though it seemed weird that she brushed it off so quickly. Like... your kids have powers now. That deserves more of a look
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    It's also sorta Marvel's thing. They make sure to name drop to help keep the MCU integrated.
    Semi-random thought, are gonna have to start calling it the MCM?