Page 25 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Are we still expecting this to be a House of M deal, btw? Doesn't that come about when [spoiler]her kids go poof/are reabsorbed by Mephisto and she just loses her shit?
    It happens a long while after they poof but someone triggers the memory of it and she snaps.

Supposedly the last 3 episodes are an hour each. I had always guessed the last one would be nearer to 2 hours, but so far we've had 2 and a half hours of story so 3 would be a bit short of 6.

I wonder how huge of a thing can happen considering Far From Home happens about half a year later.
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2021-02-14 at 03:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    It happens a long while after they poof but someone triggers the memory of it and she snaps.

Supposedly the last 3 episodes are an hour each. I had always guessed the last one would be nearer to 2 hours, but so far we've had 2 and a half hours of story so 3 would be a bit short of 6.

I wonder how huge of a thing can happen considering Far From Home happens about half a year later.
    I wonder if Wanda and Vision will come to blows again. Seems inevitable(At least until she realizes she's not accepting reality)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    At this point it’s hard to feel like she’s a hero in this.
    I really don’t see how she can turn out the hero convincingly. The townspeople should want her jailed, at BEST. Even if they show it was some bad influence the people’s ire will be at her to boot.

Saving the town from being firebombed by SWORD I don’t consider something that would make her a hero. As well as the show has been done so far I’m going to have faith. I do have Marvel level expectations at the moment. They don’t get to pull some moronic DC level bullshit to fix this. Standards have been raised.

Has any of the townspeople, when snapped out of it by Vision, said it was Wanda that was doing this? I had thought they were only saying “she” and we are assuming it’s Wanda, when it could mean she=Agatha.

I thought only Agnes said it’s Wanda in this Halloween episode, which makes me suspect her even more as being Agatha, especially given her witch costume.
    Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Has any of the townspeople, when snapped out of it by Vision, said it was Wanda that was doing this? I had thought they were only saying “she” and we are assuming it’s Wanda, when it could mean she=Agatha.

I thought only Agnes said it’s Wanda in this Halloween episode, which makes me suspect her even more as being Agatha, especially given her witch costume.
    I think Agnes/Agatha is def involved somehow but Agatha was never that powerful.

Monica said it was Wanda in her head.

Off the top of my head, the only person to literally say it was Wanda in their heads, is Monica, when she was blasted out of the Hex.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post

If anything, WandaVision will probably get me to read the entirety of House of M lol

Hopefully they are longer episodes, don't see how they could turn this all around in about 100 minutes.

And if this really does happen 6 months before Far From Home, a lot is going to have to happen in those months.

Off the top of my head, the only person to literally say it was Wanda in their heads, is Monica, when she was blasted out of the Hex.
    I have my doubts about that, only because she wasn’t in the Hex as long as everyone else, and because, even after saying it is Wanda, she still defends her and thinks there’s more going on, and isn’t willing to paint Wanda as the villain.

- - - Updated - - -

I definitely think Wanda is playing a part, but I don’t know how much is being manipulated by someone else.
    Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman

I have my doubts about that, only because she wasn’t in the Hex as long as everyone else, and because, even after saying it is Wanda, she still defends her and thinks there’s more going on, and isn’t willing to paint Wanda as the villain.
    I think she was definitely tapped into what was going on with Wanda, quite literally saying she could feel all her despair, or anguish, or whatever it was. I 100% think it is all keyed in to Wanda, and that she's ultimately the driving force, but that there are others powers at play.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    "The decay-rate of vibranium." Is this the first time it's been suggested that vibranium is radioactive? Which would certainly make Vision easy-ish to track.
    Here are a fun thought exercise and results https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acs...n%20period%207.

Seems like they think it would fit somewhere on the U elements and would have some decay. Carbon decays in things as well. I'm not a chemist so way out of my element for speicifics.

Could simply be that they have a tracking device on his body.

One point I noticed was the Africa-American actor *forget the character* asked Wanda "what do you want it to be?" Could he be the one controling things or part of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Phatte View Post
    Seriously? You just covered that people view the show both "horrible" and "great". What kind of answer are you even looking for? Watch it and judge for your damn self.

And there are no other shows to compare it to imo
    Seriously what is with the agression on this forum.

Dude relax just asked a question. because of covid i need to work my ass off ( healt care ) i work at minimum 10 hour shifts a day if not longer with little to no breaks. And my answer is that i know if its even worth the watch to put it on my long list, or that i need to put it on the top of my list.

And people suggest several shows at me at once. Lupin, snowpiercer, wandavision, cobrakai ( yes i know its older) to name just a few.

So need to know if its worth the watch.

but sorry if i offend you by asking a opinion. dirsupremeoverlordkingofall.

- - - Updated - - -

I definitely think Wanda is playing a part, but I don’t know how much is being manipulated by someone else.
    Being manipulated by someone else doesn’t mean that someone else is the one controlling everything in the hex. It just means someone else is getting her to do that shit, or triggered it.

I think she was definitely tapped into what was going on with Wanda, quite literally saying she could feel all her despair, or anguish, or whatever it was. I 100% think it is all keyed in to Wanda, and that she's ultimately the driving force, but that there are others powers at play.
    What if she was feeling Wanda’s despair and anguish, but the townspeople, having been their longer and from the start, are also being mentally tormented by Agatha, and that’s the “she” they’re referring to? Maybe Wanda is subconsciously protecting them in the Hex, in some kind of mental battle between the two?

Though, I don’t know how powerful Agatha actually is.... still, Marvel could power her up more for “entertainment”, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    All the commercials are little Easter Eggs. What this one specifically is all about is hard to nail down. Most of the other ones have been personal to Wanda’s life though, so maybe it was the snap? She was trying to use her magic to stop it but it was sealed off so she withered to dust...
    Honestly, I think the Yo'Magic commercial is the easiest one to pin down as really meaningful.

The tagline says everything you need to know;
    "Snackin' on Yo'Magic." Snacking on your magic. Whatever created the Hex (still very much of the opinion that Wanda isn't its creator, just the "primary user" who's ostensibly in control) is using that system/device/whatever to literally "eat" Wanda's magic. That's why it lured her in there, and why it's giving her what she wants so she'll stay inside and continue being "eaten". It's even presented as someone stuck on an "island" (the Hex sorta fits the description), and desperately trying to get access to "yo'magic" to survive, and failing. And the shark mascot was someone who was "always hungry", until he "snacked on yo'magic".

I think it's SUPER clear that the "real villain" created the Hex as a baited trap for magic users.

And no; that Wanda CAN step outside at will doesn't make it not a trap. You'll note she went right back inside. It's not a physical set of walls, it's an EMOTIONAL set of walls; she's not leaving her husband, her kids, her home. Stepping outside briefly to protect them isn't a risk factor to whatever's feeding off her.

That all said, pretty darned sure after Ep 6 that the main villain is whoever's play-acting as Pietro. He's not the X-men Pietro; he claims to remember stuff from this world, like Vision. Also Vision's [i]death[/i], which he [i]shouldn't[/i], because Pietro died well before Vision did. He's also unnecessarily cruel, both to other residents (smashing pumpkins and stealing literally all the candy) and even Wanda herself (taunting her about her husband dying over and over). That doesn't fit with EITHER Pietro we knew.

So I don't think it's either. I think it's the "real villain", whatever baited the Hex as a trap for Wanda. The "memories" are either made-up crap or whatever he could glean off news coverage and the like, which explains why he knows about Vision's death, even though he [I]claimed [/I]the last thing he remembered before being there was being shot to death.

As for who that is, the obvious comic link is Mephisto. He was responsible for Wiccan and Speed's creation in the comics. It could be a host of other options, this is just the one that easily fits every link you could want here. Not laying bets, but I won't be shocked if it's him. Plus, "Unleash Hell, Demonspawn!" Just so pointed.

Also, pretty sure Agnes is just, like, Agnes. All that stuff is either red herring or they're setting her up for a FUTURE role, perhaps due to the genetic changes the Hex is causing. I really haven't seen anything that really stands out as unusual with her.
    Last edited by Endus; 2021-02-15 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I think it's SUPER clear that the "real villain" created the Hex as a baited trap for magic users.
    In that case throw baron mordo’s hat in the ring. He’s got motive from the post credits of dr strange, could tie into dr strange 2, and likely has the power to pull it off. Perhaps the others captured in this are all magic users.

To me that is much more plausible than Mephisto.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Honestly, I think the Yo'Magic commercial is the easiest one to pin down as really meaningful.

The tagline says everything you need to know;
    [spoiler]"Snackin' on Yo'Magic." Snacking on your magic. Whatever created the Hex (still very much of the opinion that Wanda isn't its creator, just the "primary user" who's ostensibly in control) is using that system/device/whatever to literally "eat" Wanda's magic. That's why it lured her in there, and why it's giving her what she wants so she'll stay inside and continue being "eaten". It's even presented as someone stuck on an "island" (the Hex sorta fits the description), and desperately trying to get access to "yo'magic" to survive, and failing. And the shark mascot was someone who was "always hungry", until he "snacked on yo'magic".

That’s a good theory; I hadn’t thought of the hex being the island. I also think the shark is the one pulling the strings. Can’t decide if shark is some reference to the villain or just implies a predator like how shadow king is considered a parasite. Either way I don’t see it pointing to mephisto.

Maybe yo magic is a double meaning, both as a desire: food for the commercial guy starving, vision for Wanda who’s emotionally drowning, and as...what’s killing them? Is the guy on the island not being able to open the yogurt representing Wanda not being able to get what she wants, which is a happy life with vision, because it’s doomed to fall apart? The guy dying from the yogurt feels super weird cause it’s not as direct as Wanda being leeched while in the hex. Maybe the desire is actually a distraction. The island guy is so obsessed with trying to open the yogurt that he dies without any other attempt at survival. I.e. distract Wanda with vision and she won’t notice she’s dying.

The thing that nags at me is the guy is already on the island before the shark arrives, it doesn’t lure him in or destroy his boat. The island could have the double meaning of the hex and emotional isolation but it feels like 2 different answers. And like House says: it never just happens to be 2 diseases at the same time. There has to be a deeper underlying cause.

Idk wtf Agnes is about. And tbh I think all the hell and demon references are just misleads or references.
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2021-02-15 at 05:29 AM.
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    In that case throw baron mordo’s hat in the ring. He’s got motive from the post credits of dr strange, could tie into dr strange 2, and likely has the power to pull it off. Perhaps the others captured in this are all magic users.

To me that is much more plausible than Mephisto.
    Especially since Mordo is in the MCU while Mephisto aint.

Yeah I'm going with Mordo...

Also ties in with the end of credits from doctor strange 1/ him and Wanda being in Doctor Strange 2.

Had a theory it was Dormammu (free to invade without the time stone) until i rewatched it and so the credit scene.

I think Agnus is a red herring as well as Pietro.

Guessing Mordo laid a trap for magic users to lure them in and steal their power and give them what they want. Whether he or she is in control still is up for debate (guessing he is due to the shark)

That would be amazing. I just rewatched Strange yesterday and lamented we’d probably not see him again for a while, if ever.

Are people really convinced that they're going to introduce the actual big bad out of nowhere 7 episodes into a 9 episode season?

I don't know... That seems to me like it would be either entirely too convenient, or entirely too jarring to introduce some mysterious cosmic-level force who just happens to be pulling all these strings, that hasn't even been hinted at yet (beyond maybe an offhand comment about Wanda's kids). Even Rambeau's scientist friend, whoever that ends up being, has had some set-up.

I think people are way too quick to dismiss Agnes as just a red herring. She's had an awful lot of screentime (including in those spoof intro credits) for just another victim of the hex.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2021-02-15 at 10:42 AM.