Page 31 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aarro View Post
    Episode 7 was a big let down for me. I know near the end was meant to be a reveal but we knew that all along...
    I don't get why people get disappointed by these dramatic reveals when you can easily figure it out if you read or are familiar with the comics. It is more for the characters involved in the story, like the Bucky = Winter Solider twist. Bucky has been the Winter Solider for some time in the comics before the film was even announced plus the casting of Sebastian Stan as the secondary titular character was not meant to be subtle. I mean Agatha basically winks directly into the camera during the 'Agatha is behind everything' song. The creators knew that fans will figure it out beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    I don't get why people get disappointed by these dramatic reveals when you can easily figure it out if you read or are familiar with the comics. It is more for the characters involved in the story, like the Bucky = Winter Solider twist. Bucky has been the Winter Solider for some time in the comics before the film was even announced plus the casting of Sebastian Stan as the secondary titular character was not meant to be subtle. I mean Agatha basically winks directly into the camera during the 'Agatha is behind everything' song. The creators knew that fans will figure it out beforehand.
    I am purely a huge MCU fan and I have never read a Marvel comic in my life but still managed to figure it out. I'm just waiting for that wow/surprised moment which is meant to happen that I may have over hyped the show, lol. Roll on episode 8 though.
    An Karanir Thanagor

Soo...Agnus....

There's a short mid credit scene on episode 7 BTW.
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2021-02-19 at 10:47 AM.

People are probably going to be upset that it ended up being as obvious as it looked. We "knew" weeks ago that she was either involved or a red herring. But at least people got to have fun with their theories in the mean time.

But this does put last week's commercial into context: She was the shark sucking the life out of Wanda...presumably.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2021-02-19 at 10:51 AM.

I don't mind when stories don't have gigantic twists - it's often corny and cliche. A surprise is not a surprise when you know it's coming.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

So, Agatha’s broach was back after the twins disappeared. Mephisto confirmed?

So I wonder about Vision's fate.

It has been hinted for a while Vision is not the original Vision. He do not have memories, he can't survive outside of Wanda's Hex, Wanda stated she cannot bring back the dead, and in that episode Vision sayed for him it seems like Vision's past happens to another person.
    So at best he is Vision 2, a recreated one rather than the original or at worst he is just a mental projection, anyway it does not look like there is much hope for him.

However it seems that Agatha is after the twins. Meaning they are "real enough" to be of any use outside the hex. Shouldn't the same be true for Vision ?
    Anyway, I don't think it's going to be for an ending where Vision is surviving, it would mess up the message about grief and accepting that was is done cannot be fixed. I hardly think the message will be "well, actually you can".

Episode 7 was a big let down for me. I know near the end was meant to be a reveal but we knew that all along...
    Nope, this was a “finally” episode for me. Sad I have to wait another week though since yah... but it was nice to have it move along.

So much for the last episodes being an hour each. This one was 30 which brings us to a total around 3:10 (the bloated credits really mess with perceived length.)

Last hope is the final episode being 2 hours, which is what I expected from the start and backed off on. But we might be seeing the limits of how much runtime a miniseries with big budget effects can do.

Also each episode highlights how much vision designers in AoU knocked it out of the park. Even in close ups and casual scenes he looks incredible. Never for a second does it come off as makeup and effects. I especially like his eyebrow facsimiles.

I’m interested in seeing the explanation for agathas powers which look so identical to Wanda aside from the color. Wanda doesn’t straight up use magic and the twins (Wanda and pietro) were said to be the only ones who survived the experiments.

Anyone know what the deal was with showing the bunny overeating in its stuffed cage? That it wasn’t well taken care of belying it as part of agathas facade?

Book is giving me darkholde vibes, which is a magic tome (maybe kept from kamar taj library...) that is like a devils bible of spells crafted over centuries and is also instrumental in the presence of vampires. Strange actually uses a formula in it to kill all vampires on the planet and bar new ones from entering for a while. It was used in agents of shield but, yeah.

- - - Updated - - -

We knew she was Agatha but not to the extent of her reach. Early on it was believed she was there to help get Wanda out.
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2021-02-19 at 02:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    So much for the last episodes being an hour each. This one was 30 which brings us to a total around 3:10 (the bloated credits really mess with perceived length.)

Last hope is the final episode being 2 hours, which is what I expected from the start and backed off on. But we might be seeing the limits of how much runtime a miniseries with big budget effects can do.

Also each episode highlights how much vision designers in AoU knocked it out of the park. Even in close ups and casual scenes he looks incredible. Never for a second does it come off as makeup and effects. I especially like his eyebrow facsimiles.

I’m interested in seeing the explanation for agathas powers which look so identical to Wanda aside from the color. Wanda doesn’t straight up use magic and the twins (Wanda and pietro) were said to be the only ones who survived the experiments.

Anyone know what the deal was with showing the bunny overeating in its stuffed cage? That it wasn’t well taken care of belying it as part of agathas facade?

Book is giving me darkholde vibes, which is a magic tome (maybe kept from kamar taj library...) that is like a devils bible of spells crafted over centuries and is also instrumental in the presence of vampires. Strange actually uses a formula in it to kill all vampires on the planet and bar new ones from entering for a while. It was used in agents of shield but, yeah.

- - - Updated - - -

We knew she was Agatha but not to the extent of her reach. Early on it was believed she was there to help get Wanda out.
    Two episodes left, it’s a 9 episode miniseries. The bunny and the cicada could be the twins... idk though. They disappeared and then we focused on the two animals right before Wanda asked about them. As ominous music played. Sooooo....
    Last edited by Vegas82; 2021-02-19 at 02:37 PM.

Well...that giant glowy book was right there...

But seriously, we have at least one instance of someone in the MCU's antiquity using an infinity stone as "magic" (the Eye of Agamotto), so it's not too much of a stretch to imagine that other cultures found a way to harness similar cosmic power as well.

Given all the ominous black smoke and purple glowing vines, however, I wouldn't assume that her powers are that similar to Wanda's right away.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2021-02-19 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post

But seriously, we have at least one instance of someone in the MCU's antiquity using an infinity stone as "magic" (the Eye of Agamotto), so it's not too much of a stretch to imagine that other cultures found a way to harness similar cosmic power as well.
    I mean, they also had magic outside the infinity stone. So it’s not like magic is some weird new thing for the MCM.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post

Given all the ominous black smoke and purple glowing vines, however, I wouldn't assume that her powers are that similar to Wanda's right away.
    She was using hand gestures very specific to Wanda to activate spells.
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

She was using hand gestures very specific to Wanda to activate spells.
    Yes. Both are using hex magic. You know, since they’re both witches.

we don't know Agnes's motivations yet... she might actually be trying to help Wanda with her grief after getting caught up in Wanda's scenario. She brought Pietro back maybe after killing Sparky (life for a life) to help her deal. Alternatively she also could be evil as fuck

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    we don't know Agnes's motivations yet... she might actually be trying to help Wanda with her grief after getting caught up in Wanda's scenario. She brought Pietro back maybe after killing Sparky (life for a life) to help her deal. Alternatively she also could be evil as fuck
    The theme song for her tells me she’s not being nice, but maybe I’m reading too much into the lyrics.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yes. Both are using hex magic. You know, since they’re both witches.
    Except Wanda doesn’t practice magic because, you know, she got her powers from the stone

So, Agatha’s broach was back after the twins disappeared. Mephisto confirmed?
    it's still on her person

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Whelp. This Episode left on a HUGE cliffhanger holy shit

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone else think that Ralph is Mephisto and that Agnes is Agatha Harness also the clocks and TV dials and such all are missing the number "6". -Every- -Single- -Time-
    It was Agatha all along..!! -music note-
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Silly stupid idea, but with all this fourth wall breaking in the show I think it’d be kind of a funny twist if the big cameo ended up being Deadpool. I know it makes no sense, but Deadpool 3 is part of the MCU. Yeah, he’s typically R-rated. We have seen a PG-13 version though and him being censored would just give him something to comment on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    it's still on her person

- - - Updated - - -

It was Agatha all along..!! -music note-
    I know, but she JUST disappeared the twins. Maybe the idea that her broach contains Mephisto’s soul is accurate and she didn’t have it on because it was broken and missing a couple pieces. Or maybe she just put it back on because she’s no longer pretending to be Agnes going with the flow.

Silly stupid idea, but with all this fourth wall breaking in the show I think it’d be kind of a funny twist if the big cameo ended up being Deadpool. I know it makes no sense, but Deadpool 3 is part of the MCU. Yeah, he’s typically R-rated. We have seen a PG-13 version though and him being censored would just give him something to comment on.

- - - Updated - - -

I know, but she JUST disappeared the twins. Maybe the idea that her broach contains Mephisto’s soul is accurate and she didn’t have it on because it was broken and missing a couple pieces. Or maybe she just put it back on because she’s no longer pretending to be Agnes going with the flow.
    did you notice the fly on the curtain in agatha's house? that's mephisto
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."