Page 27 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So I wonder about Vision's fate.

It has been hinted for a while Vision is not the original Vision. He do not have memories, he can't survive outside of Wanda's Hex, Wanda stated she cannot bring back the dead, and in that episode Vision sayed for him it seems like Vision's past happens to another person.
    So at best he is Vision 2, a recreated one rather than the original or at worst he is just a mental projection, anyway it does not look like there is much hope for him.

However it seems that Agatha is after the twins. Meaning they are "real enough" to be of any use outside the hex. Shouldn't the same be true for Vision ?
    Anyway, I don't think it's going to be for an ending where Vision is surviving, it would mess up the message about grief and accepting that was is done cannot be fixed. I hardly think the message will be "well, actually you can".

Quote Originally Posted by aarro View Post
    Episode 7 was a big let down for me. I know near the end was meant to be a reveal but we knew that all along...
    Nope, this was a “finally” episode for me. Sad I have to wait another week though since yah... but it was nice to have it move along.

15+ Year Old Account
    So much for the last episodes being an hour each. This one was 30 which brings us to a total around 3:10 (the bloated credits really mess with perceived length.)

Last hope is the final episode being 2 hours, which is what I expected from the start and backed off on. But we might be seeing the limits of how much runtime a miniseries with big budget effects can do.

Also each episode highlights how much vision designers in AoU knocked it out of the park. Even in close ups and casual scenes he looks incredible. Never for a second does it come off as makeup and effects. I especially like his eyebrow facsimiles.

I’m interested in seeing the explanation for agathas powers which look so identical to Wanda aside from the color. Wanda doesn’t straight up use magic and the twins (Wanda and pietro) were said to be the only ones who survived the experiments.

Anyone know what the deal was with showing the bunny overeating in its stuffed cage? That it wasn’t well taken care of belying it as part of agathas facade?

Book is giving me darkholde vibes, which is a magic tome (maybe kept from kamar taj library...) that is like a devils bible of spells crafted over centuries and is also instrumental in the presence of vampires. Strange actually uses a formula in it to kill all vampires on the planet and bar new ones from entering for a while. It was used in agents of shield but, yeah.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aarro View Post
    Episode 7 was a big let down for me. I know near the end was meant to be a reveal but we knew that all along...
    We knew she was Agatha but not to the extent of her reach. Early on it was believed she was there to help get Wanda out.
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2021-02-19 at 02:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    I’m interested in seeing the explanation for agathas powers which look so identical to Wanda aside from the color. Wanda doesn’t straight up use magic and the twins (Wanda and pietro) were said to be the only ones who survived the experiments.
    Well...that giant glowy book was right there...

But seriously, we have at least one instance of someone in the MCU's antiquity using an infinity stone as "magic" (the Eye of Agamotto), so it's not too much of a stretch to imagine that other cultures found a way to harness similar cosmic power as well.

Given all the ominous black smoke and purple glowing vines, however, I wouldn't assume that her powers are that similar to Wanda's right away.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2021-02-19 at 02:57 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Well...that giant glowy book was right there...

But seriously, we have at least one instance of someone in the MCU's antiquity using an infinity stone as "magic" (the Eye of Agamotto), so it's not too much of a stretch to imagine that other cultures found a way to harness similar cosmic power as well.

Given all the ominous black smoke and purple glowing vines, however, I wouldn't assume that her powers are that similar to Wanda's right away.
    She was using hand gestures very specific to Wanda to activate spells.
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    we don't know Agnes's motivations yet... she might actually be trying to help Wanda with her grief after getting caught up in Wanda's scenario. She brought Pietro back maybe after killing Sparky (life for a life) to help her deal. Alternatively she also could be evil as fuck

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yes. Both are using hex magic. You know, since they’re both witches.
    Except Wanda doesn’t practice magic because, you know, she got her powers from the stone

So, Agatha’s broach was back after the twins disappeared. Mephisto confirmed?
    it's still on her person

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Whelp. This Episode left on a HUGE cliffhanger holy shit

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone else think that Ralph is Mephisto and that Agnes is Agatha Harness also the clocks and TV dials and such all are missing the number "6". -Every- -Single- -Time-
    It was Agatha all along..!! -music note-
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Silly stupid idea, but with all this fourth wall breaking in the show I think it’d be kind of a funny twist if the big cameo ended up being Deadpool. I know it makes no sense, but Deadpool 3 is part of the MCU. Yeah, he’s typically R-rated. We have seen a PG-13 version though and him being censored would just give him something to comment on.

- - - Updated - - -

I know, but she JUST disappeared the twins. Maybe the idea that her broach contains Mephisto’s soul is accurate and she didn’t have it on because it was broken and missing a couple pieces. Or maybe she just put it back on because she’s no longer pretending to be Agnes going with the flow.
    did you notice the fly on the curtain in agatha's house? that's mephisto
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

15+ Year Old Account

Ok... that’s the source of her power. It doesn’t make her any less of a witch. See this entire series for reference. She’s actually changing reality with her energy. That’s kinda the definition of magic.
    And nothing like how real magic is depicted in doctor strange. You’re awfully against the idea she’s set up as a parallel.

Ok... that’s the source of her power. It doesn’t make her any less of a witch. See this entire series for reference. She’s actually changing reality with her energy. That’s kinda the definition of magic.
    If only we had ever had an example of someone changing reality with a red effect in the MCU.

Unless someone stated something on Twitter, the only main characters we had using 'actual' magic in the MCU are Dr. Strange and consorts.

15+ Year Old Account
    I took it as metaphorical, lord of flies and all that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    And nothing like how real magic is depicted in doctor strange. You’re awfully against the idea she’s set up as a parallel.
    Looked like Magic to me but...I could be blind.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Bunny's name is Mr. Scratch, which is an old term for the devil. Just saying.

She didn’t get her powers from the reality stone. And that’s still magic, regardless of the power source.
    Is that stated somewhere?

I still think there's someone even behind Agatha. I mean, we thought it was all Wanda, because the Hex made us (and Monica) believe it was. And now we see a Sitcom trailer for "it was Agatha all along" and we suddenly are supposed to believe that she'd out herself in that way, not only by saying 'it was me'? Nah, something is up with that.
    Someone else is using Agatha as a tool (by making her set up a trap for Wanda) and another scapegoat. His scapegoat for the 'normal people' is Wanda, because she already was regarded with mistrust after Lagos and Agatha as a scapegoat for the 'superhuman' people, because they won't believe every bad thing about Wanda.

Agatha's powers look like they come from the powerstone, maybe she was imbued with that. Maybe both Wanda and Agatha are using magic, but they do tap into other powers with it. None of it looks like Dr. Strange's "pure" magic. I mean, Wanda has the mindstone powers for that and I guess something else, because her red magic looks nothing like the mindstone stuff Vision is using for example. And Agatha seems to have another powersource too, that looks like it comes from the powerstone.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, Agatha’s broach was back after the twins disappeared. Mephisto confirmed?
    There's definitely a place for Mephisto in the story. I'll leave that there.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2021-02-19 at 04:23 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Let me ask you this, why does Loki’s magic not look like Strange’s? Magic is all over the Thor movies, yes acknowledged as magic, none of it looks like Strange’s. Now, what explanation other than magic do you have for what is being done with the stones?
    Pretty sure Loki learned magic from Frigga (in the MCU at least).
    Wanda's abilities are described as psionic, coming from experimentation with the Scepter/Mind Stone.

Alright. Give it another week. Either she’s using a form of magic or she isn’t.
    It's a form of magic, albeit different from what Dr. Strange is using (eldritch).

I never said they were using the same schools, I said Agatha appears to use the same kind of magic and that there are many forms in the MCU. Like the stuff we see from Loki and Odin. Wanda is using magic in the show 100%.
    I never said she's not using magic, it's a weird take from some posters here. Psionic is using personal energy. Eldritch comes from Eternity (not introduced in the MCU so far) or other dimensions/entities iirc. Asgardian magic is another category in the MCU (mostly illusion/telekinesis/enchantment, and commonly imbued into items).
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2021-02-19 at 04:48 PM.