Page 34 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's like if you took Luke Cage and made him a white guy who faced prejudice for being left-handed. People would rightly lose their shit.
    If Luke Cage was played by Ned Flanders, I'd be all over that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    While this is true, it was always the intent to have Magneto a holocaust survivor. Just in the 60s and 70s, there were this stupid thing called the comic book code where the good guys had to be more good than Superman and your badguys pretty much had to be moustache-twirling "Look at me I'm super evil." types.
    The comic book code didn't go away until the late 90's. Its possible though that the 60's was considered too soon after to have a villain be a Jewish Holocaust survivor. So maybe by the early 80's they were ok with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    I think we'll see a lot more streamed mini-series and less big Blockbusters. Covid has probably changed the face of entertainment for quiet some time. Endgame might literally have been the last Blockbuster for the forseeable future.
    This may, strangely enough, be a terrible state of affairs that nonetheless turns out to be an ideal outcome for the MCU.

Endgame wrapped up the first saga, and Far From Home gave us a nice little coda at the end, kind of like an "after-credits" scene on the scope of the entire saga. And then COVID forced what's essentially been a year-long break. 23 films in just over 11 years, so nearly a film every 6 months. Particularly when you consider that the first few films came out more slowly; since Phase 2, it's been 2-3 films a year. And at an accelerating pace, starting out at 2 per year, then shifting up to 3.

Far From Home came out in July 2019. If Black Widow comes out as planned, that'll be just two months shy of two years since then. The last time we had that kind of gap between MCU films was between Incredible Hulk and Iron Man 2. Almost exactly, oddly enough.

It's let everyone take a bit of a breath, let the aftermath of Endgame settle, and start to get thirsty for more.

It may not pick right back up with Black Widow, assuming it sees a theater release as planned. But it'll be due to the pandemic, more than because of fan burnout. Especially because the gap here applies to everything; there hasn't been any opportunity for any other property to fit itself into the gap here.

I'm not trying to argue that COVID was a "good thing", here, or even a "good thing for Marvel". Just noting what may be a silver lining to all this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nastard View Post
    Sweet Chrididdlemas!

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This may, strangely enough, be a terrible state of affairs that nonetheless turns out to be an ideal outcome for the MCU.

Endgame wrapped up the first saga, and Far From Home gave us a nice little coda at the end, kind of like an "after-credits" scene on the scope of the entire saga. And then COVID forced what's essentially been a year-long break. 23 films in just over 11 years, so nearly a film every 6 months. Particularly when you consider that the first few films came out more slowly; since Phase 2, it's been 2-3 films a year. And at an accelerating pace, starting out at 2 per year, then shifting up to 3.

Far From Home came out in July 2019. If Black Widow comes out as planned, that'll be just two months shy of two years since then. The last time we had that kind of gap between MCU films was between Incredible Hulk and Iron Man 2. Almost exactly, oddly enough.

It's let everyone take a bit of a breath, let the aftermath of Endgame settle, and start to get thirsty for more.

It may not pick right back up with Black Widow, assuming it sees a theater release as planned. But it'll be due to the pandemic, more than because of fan burnout. Especially because the gap here applies to everything; there hasn't been any opportunity for any other property to fit itself into the gap here.

I'm not trying to argue that COVID was a "good thing", here, or even a "good thing for Marvel". Just noting what may be a silver lining to all this.

- - - Updated - - -

Sweet Chrididdlemas!
    Spiderverse is scheduled for Xmas time and I’d be shocked if it doesn’t make $1Bn if we’re basically back to normal life.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Doesn’t Agatha have a cat (familiar) in the comics? I’m thinking that may be it.
    the bunny is a character called nicholas scratch
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    the bunny is a character called nicholas scratch
    Wait.... the Sabrina dude?
    Twitter & DeviantArt
    Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman

I saw it pointed out that Agatha’s house is the house from Bewitched. Makes me love the post credits scene even more considering the nosy neighbor aspect.

- - - Updated - - -

No, Agatha’s son.

While we all pieced together that Agnes was Agatha Harkness from what, episode 1 or 2, I'm pretty sure she's a red herring villain.

Old/Mr. Scratch is a literal nickname for the Devil. So is Old Nick. So many entertainment outlets like to use Nick Scratch as a name for the devil in disguise.

It has been used in many different mediums, including Marvel, and Sabrina.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Old/Mr. Scratch is a literal nickname for the Devil. So is Old Nick. So many entertainment outlets like to use Nick Scratch as a name for the devil in disguise.

It has been used in many different mediums, including Marvel, and Sabrina.
    Ah, I see.
    Twitter & DeviantArt
    Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    What was with the mid-credit scene?

Pietro seemed a bit.....independent? Is that the word I'm looking for?

He didn't seem like a puppet of Agatha's at that moment, is what I'm saying.
    At that moment yes, but as we see the blue-ish energy when Pietro first arrived (with Agatha's "reveal"), it's unlikely he's an entity by himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastard View Post
    What about Michael Cera as shaft?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    What about Michael Cera as shaft?
    Ill top that with Idris Elba as Tarzan

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    Ill top that with Idris Elba as Tarzan
    You say that like a black Tarzan is unlikely
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

You say that like a black Tarzan is unlikely
    because it is.

“Agnes” being “Agatha Harkness” had been a suspicion ever since the character’s name was revealed during production of the series (blame us comic fans). The reveal was more of a “FINALLY” moment than a pure surprise.

And it was still glorious.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

You’re tearing me APART, Wanda!
    Grats for putting 2 and 2 together and still coming up with 73 as the answer.

It was the Hex/Wanda that was killing him, you fucking nonce. Not him ALREADY BEING DEAD. He was fully intact and alive, complete with a new Mind Stone (or a substitute at the very least), when he broke through.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Worth Knowing View Post
    Grats for putting 2 and 2 together and still coming up with 73 as the answer.

It was the Hex/Wanda that was killing him, you fucking nonce. Not him ALREADY BEING DEAD. He was fully intact and alive, complete with a new Mind Stone (or a substitute at the very least), when he broke through.
    It's a The Room reference.

Grats on not getting the joke then stewing on it a week for your "comeback."

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    I think we'll see a lot more streamed mini-series and less big Blockbusters. Covid has probably changed the face of entertainment for quiet some time. Endgame might literally have been the last Blockbuster for the forseeable future.
    Post Covid, no, until the covid area is done then yeah movies will be a bit slower. Movie theater locations though may suffer.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

Warrior-Magi

Bit late to the party, but as soon as Agnes/Agatha gave the camera a look after the "I don't bite" line, it was all given away, imo. I'm sure I missed a whole bunch of comic-specific nods in the episode, but I caught enough throughout that it was made more and more obvious.

That intro/outro for her was fantastic, though.

I also see now how they make Wanda the hero by the end.

Shame this was only like.... 5? minutes extra.
    Last edited by UnifiedDivide; 2021-02-20 at 08:14 PM.