Page 39 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The "devil's in the details" and "that's not the only place he is" from Agnes in ep2 stuck out to me, but I was already equating Agnes = AGatha HarkNESs, so Mephisto was on my mind.

Dottie is an interesting piece. The mailman I think is like the doctor - occasionally able to push back a bit about the sitcom-y nature of the show.

Oh, and I should point out, the helicopter and Dottie weren't the first/second appearance of color. They were the 2nd and 3rd. The first was in episode 1, where the Stark toaster had a very ominous red light on it. That's when I knew the show was going to be good, and fell in love with it. It was somehow both subtle (and easily missed by many) but glaring once you saw it. And then that triggered all sorts of questioning from me, from the very beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I definitely don't think they're wasting Evan Peters on a gotcha bit of stunt casting where he's just a nobody.

A lot of people seem to think it's gonna be Al Pacino as Mephisto. And honestly, while that would be hilarious, I'm not convinced. And Mephisto feels super obvious. And this also doesn't explain Evan Peters.
    Maybe more of a suggestion/question; who says it's going to be one big bad guy? Why not two?

I'm not familiar with Marvel Comics what so ever, but Mephisto and Mojo are two bad guys whose names came up discussing the series. Why not both of them? From the skimming of Mojo's article, he's an extra-dimensional being that frequently pesters the X-men (and fantastic 4...?) who has been shown to have the ability to trap people in TV shows. And Mephisto is basically the devil. Maybe they are working together to achieve... something. Long term. We'll have the 'magical' superheroes fight Mephisto, and the more Meta-human-y characters fight Mojo, with a culmination in ~10 years or whatever.

And this could (not saying it would) be used to introduce X-men etc into the MCU. The way I see it it would be somewhat weird to just introduce the X-men into an established franchise. "Yeah, they were there all along!" An extra-dimensional 'invasion' would make it easier on the writers. Also opens the door for superhuman vs superhuman storylines. Or they use the hex to create them, as an accident? While destroying/dissolving it, some of the reality altering radiation escapes and creates hundreds of mutants. We've already seen it happen with Monica. (No idea where her powers originate from in the comics.) They have made Wanda and Pietro not X-men, why not make some heroes "X-men" that traditionally aren't. They can even call the newly generated Hex-men, which is turned into X-men. If these people are feared and prosecuted, you can even have Magnetos origin story... somewhat. Instead of Nazis it were some crazed scientist who killed his mom. I could go without something originating back to the holocaust...

Isn't Mojo's thing creating TV shows? Maybe he's doing just that here. He wants a superhuman vs superhuman TV show, so he tricks someone from our universe into an event that will create a new breed of super-humans so they can have an Avengers vs. (He)X-men story.
    Last edited by Skulltaker; 2021-02-24 at 08:21 AM.

Good job. I like reading your blog

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    From a writers POV there isn’t a need to bring in an established Avenger and Agent Hayward is adverse to people with powers. So you’ve got 3 Avengers inside the Hex(one newly born) and an asshole outside who wants to make Ultron 2.0. Now, that’s not to say other Avengers won’t be dealing with the fallout. Obviously Doctor Strange 2 will be continuing Wanda’s story and this miniseries leads directly into that.
    Dude, the Avengers are a Team, not a type of superhuman. Monica isn't one (yet?).

The last episode was one of those that makes you want to watch the show again to see what you've missed. So I did!
    I've come around to the idea it's not Wanda's Hex. Just in the episode where she confronts Hayward, before she walks back into the Hex she turns it red. And the show seems to be deliberate in it's visuals, so they wouldn't have done that if it wasn't meant to portray something of some sort.

That part where Agatha says "You didn't think you were the only magical girl in town" and then people mentioning Dottie being someone. And that creepy drone like "For the children" that happened in the talent show episode made me think that Dottie is magical too, not necessarily the devil. But I don't know all the magic users in Marvel so I had to google and found a theory that Dottie is someone called Arcanna. So maybe it's an alternate sort of "coven" of magical beings that did the entire Hex to use Wanda to make devil children.

Or maybe Westview is a safe haven for magical people.

I hate the idea that this is all some devil religious nonsense though.

Also in the last episode they seemed to have changed the Hex from a tower structure into a dome. Is it because the expansion horizontally decreased it's vertical capabilities? Or did they just realize it was ridiculous to make it appear as though it continued into space infinitely?
    I'm a thread killer.

Btw Bettany said in a recent interview there’s one more surprise guest. He said it was an actor he’s admired a long time and he felt privileged to be able to work with them.

"This is the theory that says there is some mysterious Avenger who is going to appear in WandaVision, and people seem to think that mysterious Avenger is Doctor Strange. Truth is, of all of the characters that we were trying to keep secret, a lot of them got out through leaks. There is one character that has not been revealed and it is very exciting, it's an actor I've longed to work with all of my life. We have some amazing scenes together, and the chemistry between us is, I think, extraordinary, and it was just fireworks on set. So I'm really excited for people to see that stuff."
    https://screenrant.com/wandavision-p...aracter-tease/
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2021-02-24 at 01:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    Also in the last episode they seemed to have changed the Hex from a tower structure into a dome. Is it because the expansion horizontally decreased it's vertical capabilities? Or did they just realize it was ridiculous to make it appear as though it continued into space infinitely?
    I don't think they ever showed the vertical boundary of the hex before she expanded it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Well, the reveal about the “engineer” certainly was...something.
    Lol, not the shows fault the fans are hyping up random characters. She mention the engineer twice and ppl started the specualte it was RR...

The more I think about it, the more I think "Pietro"'s snooping comment includes himself and isn't just aimed at Monica. Did Wanda's blast maybe knock him out of whatever spell he was under? This was the first time we saw him since that after all.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I don't think they ever showed the vertical boundary of the hex before she expanded it.
    It also wasn't visible to the naked eye until the expansion event.

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    Lol, not the shows fault the fans are hyping up random characters. She mention the engineer twice and ppl started the specualte it was RR...
    I’m a fan of the theory that the people who brought her the rover are actually Skrulls with the main one being Talos’s daughter. Which would be why they’re loyal to Monica’s mom and Monica.

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    The show is chock full of Easter eggs, blink-and-you’ll-miss-it’s, and name drops. So yes, it is the shows fault the fans speculated (that’s what helps garner interest), but it’s the fans fault for buying into it.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Much as I like Pacino and De Niro... I would really hope they don't cast a septuagenarian or octogenarian as Dr. Doom.
    I’m for Hugo Weaving as Doom, I really don’t think deniro or Pacino fit at all and V for Vendetta convinced me he can do the acting without showing his face.

OT: I’ve pretty much resigned to this being Mephisto’s doing after re watching episode 1-3. Agatha working for him or trying to foil his plan, I’m not so sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    The show is chock full of Easter eggs, blink-and-you’ll-miss-it’s, and name drops. So yes, it is the shows fault the fans speculated (that’s what helps garner interest), but it’s the fans fault for buying into it.
    Dropping Easter eggs on a “show” within a show is devilishly clever. Is it a clue, or just an Easter egg? It has certainly been a fun ride. Falcon and WS is likely more straightforward. Loki? Who knows!

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    Dropping Easter eggs on a “show” within a show is devilishly clever. Is it a clue, or just an Easter egg? It has certainly been a fun ride. Falcon and WS is likely more straightforward. Loki? Who knows!
    What I'm more hoping is that they really play with the medium, and insert different genres.

Wandavision obviously relies a lot on sitcoms, even if as a trope-source primarily.
    I imagine Falcon and WS will be an action buddy-comedy of some flavor.

Loki? I'm hoping for a heist series. One with Loki breaking the 4th wall with the audience directly, as everyone he's working with is as distrustworthy as he is.

She-Hulk? You better give me something that's at least 80% legal drama.

Moon Knight? I have no clue. He's . . . variable enough you could do a lot.

What I'm more hoping is that they really play with the medium, and insert different genres.

Wandavision obviously relies a lot on sitcoms, even if as a trope-source primarily.

Loki? I'm hoping for a heist series. One with Loki breaking the 4th wall with the audience directly, as everyone he's working with is as distrustworthy as he is.

She hulk is the fourth wall breaker.

Ms marvel would be the most Disney channel appropriate
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    She hulk is the fourth wall breaker.
    Eh, I guess you've got a point that she's done so in the comics a fair bit.

Still. Legal courtroom drama. Play up Jennifer Walters: SuperLawyer more than She-Hulk: Hulk Smash.

Ms marvel would be the most Disney channel appropriate
    As a side note, Disney+ just acquired Star, and in doing so added a ratings limiter on accounts. It defaults to Adult, I think. I could watch Alien, Rocky Horror, Sons of Anarchy, all kinds of stuff that's rated R or TV-MA.

So the whole "Disney won't make anything that isn't PG-13 on Disney+" that people were bringing up with regards to Moon Knight is, I think, comfortably not a factor.

Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.

Moon Knight could touch upon mental health related stuff(Or at least have that as a way to connect to the audience).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

Warrior-Magi

As a side note, Disney+ just acquired Star, and in doing so added a ratings limiter on accounts. It defaults to Adult, I think. I could watch Alien, Rocky Horror, Sons of Anarchy, all kinds of stuff that's rated R or TV-MA. So the whole "Disney won't make anything that isn't PG-13 on Disney+" that people were bringing up with regards to Moon Knight is, I think, comfortably not a factor.

Star is essentially the international version of Hulu from what I understand and was acquired as part of the Century21/fox merger. Disney really does need to just create one platform that hosts the stuff in the US though. No reason why I should have to log in to all the different platforms they own just to stream their content. So hopefully the bring that unity to the domestic/state service.

I know the UK version has better account/parental controls since it was built on an existing app/service prior to Disney+. They really are just all over the place on stuff. It is a little crazy.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Star is essentially the international version of Hulu from what I understand and was acquired as part of the Century21/fox merger. Disney really does need to just create one platform that hosts the stuff in the US though. No reason why I should have to log in to all the different platforms they own just to stream their content. So hopefully the bring that unity to the domestic/state service.

I know the UK version has better account/parental controls since it was built on an existing app/service prior to Disney+. They really are just all over the place on stuff. It is a little crazy.
    Right, I'm just making the point that a lot of people were arguing that Disney+ wouldn't ever host anything that was "worse" than PG-13 in rating, so Moon Knight, a character who canonically cut the face off his nemesis and wears it around sometimes, was questionably difficult to do justice to.

Given that they're offering Star right through Disney+, without any restrictions on content (just account limiters, for parental controls and the like), I don't think that's an argument any more. They're free to go pretty damned dark and gross.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    I’m for Hugo Weaving as Doom, I really don’t think deniro or Pacino fit at all and V for Vendetta convinced me he can do the acting without showing his face.
    Weaving was already The Red Skull in CA: The First Avenger. He didn't come back for Infinity War/End Game because he wasn't getting paid enough to do so.

https://www.screengeek.net/2020/01/2...lot%20of%20fun.

“Oh, yeah. I loved playing that character Red Skull – it was a lot of fun. We were all obliged to sign up for three pictures: I was thinking [Red Skull] probably wouldn’t come back in Captain America but he may well come back as a villain in The Avengers. By then, they’d pushed back on the contracts that we agreed on and so the money they offered me for The Avengers was much less than I got for the very first one, and this was for two films. And the promise when we first signed the contracts was that the money would grow each time. They said: ‘It’s just a voice job, it’s not a big deal.’ I actually found negotiating with them through my agent impossible. And I didn’t really wanna do it that much. But I would have done it.”
    Other than that, I agree...Weaving would have made an excellent Doom.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2021-02-24 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Weaving was already The Red Skull in CA: The First Avenger. He didn't come back for Infinity War/End Game because he wasn't getting paid enough to do so.

https://www.screengeek.net/2020/01/2...lot%20of%20fun.

Other than that, I agree...Weaving would have made an excellent Doom.
    I still say he's the only person who could do Grand Admiral Thrawn properly.