Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ...
    So, I actually went back and watched the whole show again and there were a few things that now stood out to me more than before.

First thing was that it is actually Vision who asks the 'lucid' questions first, when he is shown at his first day at work and he wants to know what they are doing there. In the second episode Wanda tries to talk to Vision about the strange things that happened at Dottie's place, but he is 'drunk' (from the chewing gum) and she can't actually tell him about it.
    Everything changes once she is pregnant. Wanda seems to take a more active role from there on out and also doesn't want to talk or hear about strange things going on anymore. And she seems to re-do stuff, with rewinds or jump-cuts.
    But! I also think we can't really trust things we see in the Wandavision-setting too much, because there's scenes changing if they are shown several times. The 'Where's Geraldine'-scene is shown three times and it plays out differently each time. The bee-keeper is shown three times and while I couldn't see much change in the first two times, Wanda's "No" sounds completely different when the scene is shown from his pov.
    The next thing is that even if people seem lucid, they still play along with the show, as shown with Vision and Darcy in ep. 7, who are completely aware that they are in a sitcom and are talking about the real world, but still don't just fly to Vision and Wanda's house or simply drive over the grass and as such get stuck with completely nonsensical obstacles blocking their way (until Vision realizes it very late in the episode)

Then I saw some Youtubers who said that Herb cut into his wall because Agatha magic'ed him, which is incorrect. In the scene where she does that (during her song) the cut in the wall is already there. The only thing she did was make him say the 'because we're all....' line obviously, making Vision suspicious again.

A glaring question I have: why and how does Vision have the power to wake people up? If his power comes from Wanda, it makes no sense, except if it is a call for help, like maybe the broadcast itself. Not the show, but the fact the show is broadcast to the outside. The signal for that is not the CMBR itself, but it is overlaid over the CMBR. And the show goes on, even though the broadcast stops once the boundaries of the Hex have been expanded.

Edit: And did anyone else notice the strange way the 4 is written on the Whiteboard where Monica, Jimmy and Darcy have their brainstorming about getting back into the Hex?
    Last edited by formerShandalay; Today at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    So, I actually went back and watched the whole show again and there were a few things that now stood out to me more than before.

First thing was that it is actually Vision who asks the 'lucid' questions first, when he is shown at his first day at work and he wants to know what they are doing there. In the second episode Wanda tries to talk to Vision about the strange things that happened at Dottie's place, but he is 'drunk' (from the chewing gum) and she can't actually tell him about it.
    Everything changes once she is pregnant. Wanda seems to take a more active role from there on out and also doesn't want to talk or hear about strange things going on anymore. And she seems to re-do stuff, with rewinds or jump-cuts.
    But! I also think we can't really trust things we see in the Wandavision-setting too much, because there's scenes changing if they are shown several times. The 'Where's Geraldine'-scene is shown three times and it plays out differently each time. The bee-keeper is shown three times and while I couldn't see much change in the first two times, Wanda's "No" sounds completely different when the scene is shown from his pov.
    The next thing is that even if people seem lucid, they still play along with the show, as shown with Vision and Darcy in ep. 7, who are completely aware that they are in a sitcom and are talking about the real world, but still don't just fly to Vision and Wanda's house or simply drive over the grass and as such get stuck with completely nonsensical obstacles blocking their way (until Vision realizes it very late in the episode)

Then I saw some Youtubers who said that Herb cut into his wall because Agatha magic'ed him, which is incorrect. In the scene where she does that (during her song) the cut in the wall is already there. The only thing she did was make him say the 'because we're all....' line obviously, making Vision suspicious again.

A glaring question I have: why and how does Vision have the power to wake people up? If his power comes from Wanda, it makes no sense, except if it is a call for help, like maybe the broadcast itself. Not the show, but the fact the show is broadcast to the outside. The signal for that is not the CMBR itself, but it is overlaid over the CMBR. And the show goes on, even though the broadcast stops once the boundaries of the Hex have been expanded.

Edit: And did anyone else notice the strange way the 4 is written on the Whiteboard where Monica, Jimmy and Darcy have their brainstorming about getting back into the Hex?
    Vision apparently has his mind stone powers in the show, which is still such a huge wtf, so he must be using those to wake people up and put them back to sleep.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. The four is written so it looks like 4, which is definitely how the Fantastic Four write it as well. Fun easter egg considering we know they’re on the way(if not in the show, then at least in the MCU as a whole).

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Vision apparently has his mind stone powers in the show, which is still such a huge wtf, so he must be using those to wake people up and put them back to sleep.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. The four is written so it looks like 4, which is definitely how the Fantastic Four write it as well. Fun easter egg considering we know they’re on the way(if not in the show, then at least in the MCU as a whole).
    Yea, these mindstone powers are what I mean. There's only one person left who still has those and that's Wanda. So if those are actually mindstone-powers, they come from her. So she gave him the power to break everyone he wants out of mindcontrol? And what do they do to Agnes? At least according to her reveal-scene they have no effect whatsoever on her, apart from their golden visual effect on her face.
    Unless of course these powers were pulled from another mindstone from the multiverse and that's why Vision can only survive in the Hex, because that mindstone only works in its own universe and maybe a wormhole that's connected to it, which would be the Hex.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing the 4 as a 4 like from the fantastic four, because it stood out to me the very first time I saw it and none of the easteregg-hunters I watch mentioned it, it made me crazy

Yea, these mindstone powers are what I mean. There's only one person left who still has those and that's Wanda. So if those are actually mindstone-powers, they come from her. So she gave him the power to break everyone he wants out of mindcontrol?
    You need to realize that it's probably a ridiculous assumption to think Wanda is knowingly deluding herself with a willful fantasy, here. She knows the Hex isn't reality, and she can enter and leave it at will. So, why is she bothering?

I'll suggest that she's probably trying to use the Hex to remake Vision. That's also why she stole his body. She doesn't want a fantasy. She wants the love of her life to not be dead any more. Part of that involves making him exactly who he once was, powers and all. She doesn't want to "edit" the man she loves to remove the bits that might cause her some headaches; then he wouldn't be the man she loves any more. Just a really advanced male RealDoll fucktoy. And I think she's smart enough to know that.

And you're really too focused on the Mind Stone. Wanda doesn't need it. The Mind Stone could've done all this, sure, but Wanda's figuring out how to do it herself. Recall, too, that Wanda was one of the two or three best-informed people as to how the Mind Stone works, between her and Stark and Shuri. Had to be, to be part of the team working to remove it from Vision safely (note that when they were doing so, there was no question that doing so would kill Vision; they knew they could remove it safely.)

The Stones are one source of potential, but they aren't remotely the only path to those abilities. Doctor Strange could use the Time Stone to turn back time, but Scott Lang and the gang figured out how to time travel with Pym Particles, without any Time Stone involvement. The advantage of the stones is that they're shortcuts, and their power cap is through the roof. You can still achieve a lot through hard work.

And what do they do to Agnes? At least according to her reveal-scene they have no effect whatsoever on her, apart from their golden visual effect on her face.
    If Vision's trying to break Wanda's spell, then there's just no spell on Agatha to break. If his powers can turn the key and "unlock" people's real selves, he's turning the key in Agatha's head, but it wasn't locked, so it just . . . does nothing.
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You need to realize that it's probably a ridiculous assumption to think Wanda is knowingly deluding herself with a willful fantasy, here. She knows the Hex isn't reality, and she can enter and leave it at will. So, why is she bothering?

I'll suggest that she's probably trying to use the Hex to remake Vision. That's also why she stole his body. She doesn't want a fantasy. She wants the love of her life to not be dead any more. Part of that involves making him exactly who he once was, powers and all. She doesn't want to "edit" the man she loves to remove the bits that might cause her some headaches; then he wouldn't be the man she loves any more. Just a really advanced male RealDoll fucktoy. And I think she's smart enough to know that.

And you're really too focused on the Mind Stone. Wanda doesn't need it. The Mind Stone could've done all this, sure, but Wanda's figuring out how to do it herself. Recall, too, that Wanda was one of the two or three best-informed people as to how the Mind Stone works, between her and Stark and Shuri. Had to be, to be part of the team working to remove it from Vision safely (note that when they were doing so, there was no question that doing so would kill Vision; they knew they could remove it safely.)

The Stones are one source of potential, but they aren't remotely the only path to those abilities. Doctor Strange could use the Time Stone to turn back time, but Scott Lang and the gang figured out how to time travel with Pym Particles, without any Time Stone involvement. The advantage of the stones is that they're shortcuts, and their power cap is through the roof. You can still achieve a lot through hard work.

If Vision's trying to break Wanda's spell, then there's just no spell on Agatha to break. If his powers can turn the key and "unlock" people's real selves, he's turning the key in Agatha's head, but it wasn't locked, so it just . . . does nothing.
    I don't think Wanda created the Hex at all nor did she actually resurrect Vision. She got trapped in an illusion created by someone else and at one point started to play along, because it seemed to be her chance to have her happy life. I'm not even sure Vision is completely real and 'alive'. If she was able to set up the Hex, bring all those people under her control and make all of their relatives and friends forget they ever existed, why didn't she just do the same with Hayward and his cronies in regards to Vision?

And I'm focused on the mindstone, because Wanda's powers came from the mindstone in the MCU, even if they look nothing like it and more like the powers she has in the comics. And the mindstone was also what made Wanda and Vision connect on such a deep level, because their connection was really kind of on a cosmic level and her understanding of it and their resonance with each other was what made it possible for her to destroy it. The real Vision can only be recreated if he gets the mindstone back, even if only on a lower level maybe. Every other power she might use would change Vision into something new.
    But as I said, I don't think she is the one actually making Vision walk around, but the one who created the Hex and from the moment she gets pregnant Agatha is trying to turn Wanda and Vision against each other, because they now have a new hold on Wanda and need Vision to antagonize her, so she has no one to turn to anymore but Agatha (and whoever it is behind her), once the attack from the outside comes.

And I'm focused on the mindstone, because Wanda's powers came from the mindstone in the MCU, even if they look nothing like it and more like the powers she has in the comics.
    In the same way that my cell phone came from the factory.

If the factory gets blown up later, my phone doesn't stop working.

The mindstone is 100% irrelevant to Wanda's powers at this point. It may be what was used to spark them in the beginning, but she isn't drawing from it. If she were, then her powers would've gone away 5 years ago when Thanos destroyed the Stones.

In fact, you could argue that her powers' origination in the Mind Stone could just be another reason she doesn't need the Stone to resurrect Vision; she has enough of that same potential within her herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    In the same way that my cell phone came from the factory.

If the factory gets blown up later, my phone doesn't stop working.

The mindstone is 100% irrelevant to Wanda's powers at this point. It may be what was used to spark them in the beginning, but she isn't drawing from it. If she were, then her powers would've gone away 5 years ago when Thanos destroyed the Stones.

In fact, you could argue that her powers' origination in the Mind Stone could just be another reason she doesn't need the Stone to resurrect Vision; she has enough of that same potential within her herself.
    I don't think people that got powers from stones still pull those from the stones, but they were imbued with them. Otherwise not only Wanda would have lost her powers, but also Captain Marvel, Captain America, Bucky, and all the others who got imbued with those powers and they all kept their powers too. The stones were manifestations and smaller manifestations of their powers clearly still exist.

And yes, that was exactly what I was arguing, she doesn't need the stone, she and she alone doesn't need it, because she was imbued with those powers and is the only force that can give him some semblance of those powers. If that is indeed what is happening, which as I said I'm not sure of. The Vision-illusion was what the creator of the Hex was dangling in front of her nose to lure her into the trap.