Page 50 of 69 FirstFirst ...
40
48
49
50
51
52
60
... LastLast
  1. #981
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Worth Knowing View Post
    Again, you being too dense to understand what the conversation demonstrates that you're the problem, not the conversation itself.

    This isn't a semantic over words. It's what those words fucking mean to the scene in question. Again: Vision wasn't being kept alive by the Hex. He wasn't an illusion. He didn't drop into a pile of parts when he left the Hex. Nope, the Hex was trying to pull him back in, and he was fighting against it; and THAT is what was ripping him apart.

    I'm not sure what's so hard to grasp about that, or how you think both things mean exactly the same thing. But again, that demonstrates your lack of brain power, not the conversation itself.
    I understood perfectly what the conversation was about. It just isn't all the important. For the record, I actually agree with you lol I'm not sure why you seem to have defaulted to the position of me arguing against you somewhere. Nor did I intimate that they were the exact same thing. It was pretty damn obvious what was happening to him. In the grand scheme, I just don't think it matters, certainly not to the level where it has so many posts and where you reply in this manner.

    Maybe don't come across as an angry little twat in the future, eh?

  2. #982
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post

    As a slightly sadistic piece of shit who enjoyed the reaction to the Mandarin bait-and-switch in IM3, I think this too would be pretty great after people's imagination had been running wild for so long.
    I thought it was a good gag initially... but also a little disappointed that we weren't going to get the "real" Mandarin. Which made me happy when they released the "All hail the King" one-shot. And even more happy when they revealed the full title of the Shang Chi film.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    We're gonna Godwin so much you might even get tired of Godwinning

  3. #983
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Worth Knowing View Post
    Again, you being too dense to understand what the conversation demonstrates that you're the problem, not the conversation itself.

    This isn't a semantic over words. It's what those words fucking mean to the scene in question. Again: Vision wasn't being kept alive by the Hex. He wasn't an illusion. He didn't drop into a pile of parts when he left the Hex. Nope, the Hex was trying to pull him back in, and he was fighting against it; and THAT is what was ripping him apart.

    I'm not sure what's so hard to grasp about that, or how you think both things mean exactly the same thing. But again, that demonstrates your lack of brain power, not the conversation itself.
    I saw zero evidence that he was actually being pulled back in. I saw him being ripped apart and Wiccan crying out that he was dying. Wanda then expanded the hex to include where he was and he was saved. Whether or not he would have simply reconstituted back inside the hex is somewhat debatable, but we have zero evidence he would have survived without Wanda’s intervention.

  4. #984
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Worth Knowing View Post
    1.) Why is killing something evil but killing something isn't evil?
    2.) That must have been one hell of an intelligent and clever insect, giving Sparky acted just like a dog. The only times it appears to have been manipulated is when it earned its name and when it ran away. Otherwise it acted just like a normal dog.
    3.) You're assuming every aspect of this. Even during the Agatha All Along montage there was no indication that Agatha did this.
    - Users were discussing if Agnes is actually evil, and Sparky being killed by her was brought up as being an evil act, therefore she must be. I disagree if the dog was really just a bug.... or as Endus mentioned, just an illusion.

    - When she turns the insect into a bird, it flutters around the room and makes bird sounds, just like a bird. We’ve seen nothing to suggest that the transformed bug would continue to act like a bug. It acted like a bird.

    - Of course I’m assuming - I said probably and I think. Nothing was stated as facts by me lol.

    Calm down, dude. You’re being hostile and argumentative with every user you reply to in here. There’s no need to be.
    Twitter & DeviantArt
    Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman

  5. #985
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I understood perfectly what the conversation was about. It just isn't all the important.
    Ah, nevermind, I'll just stop reading anything you type there. (I'm sure it wasn't all that important anyway.)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I saw zero evidence that he was actually being pulled back in.
    Then you either didn't see the scene, are blind, or are an idiot. Because it's plainly obvious it was pulling him, no matter what you think. You might as well be a Flat Earther or Anti-Vaxxer at this point screaming about how you didn't see any evidence about a global Earth or the fact that vaccinations work and aren't an evil plot to put microchips in you or whatever other stupid shit similar people think.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    - Users were discussing if Agnes is actually evil, and Sparky being killed by her was brought up as being an evil act, therefore she must be. I disagree if the dog was really just a bug.... or as Endus mentioned, just an illusion.
    Annnnnd that explains why killing a creature is evil but killing a creature isn't evil, how exactly?

    - When she turns the insect into a bird, it flutters around the room and makes bird sounds, just like a bird. We’ve seen nothing to suggest that the transformed bug would continue to act like a bug. It acted like a bird.
    Stop the presses, a flying creature that makes noise made noise and flew around!

    - Of course I’m assuming - I said probably and I think. Nothing was stated as facts by me lol.[/QUOTE]
    I'll take "things people say when put on the spot, but totally didn't mean when they said it first" for $1000, Alex.

    And stop assuming my gender.

  6. #986
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Worth Knowing View Post
    Ah, nevermind, I'll just stop reading anything you type there. (I'm sure it wasn't all that important anyway.)
    So, you're basically just a petulant little child not worth engaging. Noted.

    Flaming isn't allowed. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2021-02-27 at 06:24 PM.

  7. #987
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Worth Knowing View Post
    Ah, nevermind, I'll just stop reading anything you type there. (I'm sure it wasn't all that important anyway.)

    Then you either didn't see the scene, are blind, or are an idiot.
    Maybe try dialing it back a bit.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    So, you're basically just a petulant little cunt not worth engaging. Noted.
    You should probably dial it back as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    We're gonna Godwin so much you might even get tired of Godwinning

  8. #988
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    You should probably dial it back as well.
    I forgot the ol' "C word" doesn't do well outside of places like the UK and Australia lol

  9. #989
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I saw zero evidence that he was actually being pulled back in. I saw him being ripped apart and Wiccan crying out that he was dying. Wanda then expanded the hex to include where he was and he was saved. Whether or not he would have simply reconstituted back inside the hex is somewhat debatable, but we have zero evidence he would have survived without Wanda’s intervention.
    You can see pieces of him being pulled back into the hex. It seems pretty hard to miss since you see the pieces fly back including yellow "energy" streams coming off of Vision that flow in the direction of the Hex. What we don't know is why it happened. It is possible he can leave the Hex just fine and that it was Agatha that started to rip him apart. After all he did just spill his plan to her not long before he did it.

    Given what we know about her spying abilities it is possible she saw it as a way to get rid of Vision so she could plant a "body double" to reveal the secrets she wanted from Wanda.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  10. #990
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Worth Knowing View Post
    Yes it does. It's a huge difference. He didn't die when he left the Hex. The Hex was killing him by dragging him back against his will, rather than him poofing into dust or dropping the second he left and reverting to the illusory Dead Vision that Agatha created to spook Wanda. Him surviving even a nanosecond outside of the Hex proves that he was fully re-created by Wanda, and not just an illusion she created as a figment of her imagination.

    Also there's no indication that anything she's done so far is a mere illusion except changing her own appearance (which did disappear the second she left the Hex), but rather transformation/creation. Hence why everything remains in the new form when it leaves the Hex, rather than poofing back to normal when it leaves. Even for an instance or by so much as a Planck's length, you'll note.


    Only if you don't know what the forest even is in the first place, oh great and powerful intellect who doesn't even know what he's complaining about.
    Your second paragraph proves we already knew that through other narrative devices already. Hell, I knew that the previous episode when they ended on whether she could actually control Vision or not. She couldn't- all she could do was abruptly end the show. That's more than enough to show he was fully realized Vision, and not some illusion.

    Plus, it's not his survival outside the Hex which shows it's real - it's his insistence on going out to beg for help. All in all, the free moments he would have survived outside the Hex is irrelevant except to show he's the good, pure-hearted Vision - which we already knew from his already growing conflict with Wanda.

  11. #991
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I forgot the ol' "C word" doesn't do well outside of places like the UK and Australia lol
    It's not the "c word" itself that's the problem

    You've been around long enough to know that personal attacks are against the rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    We're gonna Godwin so much you might even get tired of Godwinning

  12. #992
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You can see pieces of him being pulled back into the hex. It seems pretty hard to miss since you see the pieces fly back including yellow "energy" streams coming off of Vision that flow in the direction of the Hex. What we don't know is why it happened. It is possible he can leave the Hex just fine and that it was Agatha that started to rip him apart. After all he did just spill his plan to her not long before he did it.

    Given what we know about her spying abilities it is possible she saw it as a way to get rid of Vision so she could plant a "body double" to reveal the secrets she wanted from Wanda.
    I see pieces being ripped off and absorbed by the hex. I didn’t see him reconstituted on the other side until the boundary expanded to where he was.

    Gonna check what color is ripping him apart. Yep, red magic and the pieces are destroyed and absorbed by the barrier of the hex. No indication he was being pulled in, he was being ripped apart.

  13. #993
    The Lightbringer ProphetFlume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,204
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I saw zero evidence that he was actually being pulled back in. I saw him being ripped apart and Wiccan crying out that he was dying. Wanda then expanded the hex to include where he was and he was saved. Whether or not he would have simply reconstituted back inside the hex is somewhat debatable, but we have zero evidence he would have survived without Wanda’s intervention.
    The pieces that fly off him are immediately sucked back into the barrier like a magnet so I always took it as him fighting that kind of suction. Whether he was dead or a husk or just exhausted or needed an oil canon once penetrating the real world I have no theory. However once he dropped a few feet away the pull seemed to end. Knowing now that she didn’t revive his actual body but remade him makes it interesting that he remained material outside the hex.
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2021-02-27 at 05:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

  14. #994
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I see pieces being ripped off and absorbed by the hex. I didn’t see him reconstituted on the other side until the boundary expanded to where he was.

    Gonna check what color is ripping him apart. Yep, red magic and the pieces are destroyed and absorbed by the barrier of the hex. No indication he was being pulled in, he was being ripped apart.
    He's being ripped apart because he's resisting being pulled back into the Hex. Every step he takes he is meeting resistance. You can even see his cape is flying straight back towards the hex.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    We're gonna Godwin so much you might even get tired of Godwinning

  15. #995
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Worth Knowing View Post
    Annnnnd that explains why killing a creature is evil but killing a creature isn't evil, how exactly?


    Stop the presses, a flying creature that makes noise made noise and flew around!

    I'll take "things people say when put on the spot, but totally didn't mean when they said it first" for $1000, Alex.

    And stop assuming my gender.
    - I don’t think killing a bug would be an evil act, if that’s what it actually was. We don’t know yet.

    - Bugs and birds act differently. They fly differently. When transformed into a bird, it flew around (kinda slowly, actually) and was going up and down, in fluttering way. It wasn’t landing on a wall, or on Wanda’s face again. It wasn’t buzzing. It seemed to act just like a bird. Again, though, the full extent of that spell hasn’t been explained, but I don’t see anything to suggest that after being turned into a bird it would continue to act as a bug.

    - I’m not assuming your gender. Dude has become a gender neutral word, and I was using it as such.

    You’re coming in at a 10, and I’m not sure why. We’re all just discussing what we think is happening, etc. It’s not that serious, nor should it be taken so personal.
    Twitter & DeviantArt
    Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman

  16. #996
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    The pieces that fly off him are immediately sucked back into the barrier like a magnet so I always took it as him fighting that kind of suction. Whether he was dead or a husk or just exhausted or needed an oil can I have no theory. However once he dropped a few feet away the pull seemed to end. Knowing now that she didn’t revive his actual body but remade him makes it interesting that he remained material outside the hex.
    We literally see the pieces exploding on the barrier as they’re sucked back in. It was ripping him to pieces because he was fighting the suction, but I see no evidence he would have survived if it ripped him to pieces and Wanda didn’t expand the barrier.

  17. #997
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    He's being ripped apart because he's resisting being pulled back into the Hex. Every step he takes he is meeting resistance. You can even see his cape is flying straight back towards the hex.
    I wonder, once he passed out, why he didn’t get sucked back in. And iirc, we didn’t see anymore pieces being ripped off of him after that, right?
    Twitter & DeviantArt
    Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman

  18. #998
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    We literally see the pieces exploding on the barrier as they’re sucked back in. It was ripping him to pieces because he was fighting the suction, but I see no evidence he would have survived if it ripped him to pieces and Wanda didn’t expand the barrier.
    Well, you just admitted that he was being pulled back in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    We're gonna Godwin so much you might even get tired of Godwinning

  19. #999
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I wonder, once he passed out, why he didn’t get sucked back in. And iirc, we didn’t see anymore pieces being ripped off of him after that, right?
    He continued to be ripped apart after he was on the ground.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Well, you just admitted that he was being pulled back in.
    Being ripped to pieces isn’t the same as being pulled back in. Especially when said pieces are exploding when they hit the barrier.

  20. #1000
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    When she was recreating him, you could see some of the energy turn yellow (same as the infinity stone) during the process. I assume she absorbed some of the stone's energy when she was originally exposed to it (thus letting her be the Scarlet Witch?), so I assume there is at least some power there.
    Those are different infinity stones I do believe. Vision was created with the mind stone and the one that Wanda first connected with was the power stone(I think). I mean story telling wise I'm not sure it makes a difference but I'm not entirely sure that Vision truly needed the soul stone in order to inhabit a body.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •