Page 7 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    First time I saw Captain Marvel in a comic she was Monica Rambeau.

Quote Originally Posted by Byuiso View Post
    Right. I believe this is after Infinity War with Wanda struggling to cope with the loss of Vision.

I still believe this is us seeing her descent into madness or her already causing havoc with her inability to cope with the loss of Vision and her brother which leads into Multiverse of Madness.
    This is basically House of M storyline.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Yes, but the Earth-199999 timeline is all timey-wimey wibbly-wobbly and doesn't bear much resemblance to the Earth-616 timeline.

There's a lot of indication that Rambeau's going to be a recurring figure, between her inclusion in Wandavision, and then in CM2. Either they're gonna power her up, or SWORD is about to become a "big deal" and she's going to be the Nick Fury of SWORD, so to speak.

Not in Wandavision, though, I expect. I imagine this is just laying groundwork and getting us to know the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    She was the second of five Captain Marvels in the 616 universe, Marvel comics always had to have a book called Captain Marvel to prevent DC from picking up the trademark for their own Captain Marvel who was in a comic called Shazam. The only reason Marvel had a Captain Marvel was because DC had sued Fawcett comics (the original owners of the original Captain Marvel) for infringing on their Superman IP, though most of Superman's powers were inspired by Captain Marvel. When DC bough Fawcett Marvel already had the trademark and eventually Captain Marvel was renamed to Shazam. As far as I know Rambeau was the only Captain Marvel not to have a connection to the Kree.

Watched the first three episodes last night. It's enjoyable, I was impressed by how accurately they captured the look, writing, and acting style of classic sitcoms.

I was a bit surprised that they took such a slow burn approach with only 30 minute episodes. They really play the episodes almost completely straight except for a few minutes of weirdness, so I can easily imagine general audiences getting bored or turned off by it.

That said, this does feel like it could function as a good "baby's first step into surrealism." Maybe it will onramp some people into something a bit more cerebral like Noah Hawley's Legion series, which is criminally underrated, and other abstract arthouse stuff like Twin Peaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Watched the first three episodes last night. It's enjoyable, I was impressed by how accurately they captured the look, writing, and acting style of classic sitcoms.

I was a bit surprised that they took such a slow burn approach with only 30 minute episodes. They really play the episodes almost completely straight except for a few minutes of weirdness, so I can easily imagine general audiences getting bored or turned off by it.

That said, this does feel like it could function as a good "baby's first step into surrealism." Maybe it will onramp some people into something a bit more cerebral like Noah Hawley's Legion series, which is criminally underrated, and other abstract arthouse stuff like Twin Peaks.
    Legion...loved it. And this definitely feels like a lite dive delve into something like Legion. FX is full of great shows, Fox sucks at marketing them. Though it seems like the shows hit whatever metric. Fox really could have leaned Legion being part of the X-men universe, lost opportunities. I hope Disney keeps the quality of FX rolling. FX|Hulu would be the perfect place to bring back the darker Marvel stories like the Netflix shows.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Whelp. This Episode left on a HUGE cliffhanger holy shit

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone else think that Ralph is Mephisto and that Agnes is Agatha Harness also the clocks and TV dials and such all are missing the number "6". -Every- -Single- -Time-
    I’m taking the 6 to mean the infinity stones. Perhaps we’re going a bit cosmic here (and that would bring in SWORD) and that this has to do with the stones. Wanda and Carol (Danvers) have a connection to the stones, and Carol has a connection to Monica.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    She ditched her accent because producers told her to.
    no its gone partly to fit the all american fanatsy she is in. you can hear her accident very clearly when she slips up after the birth of her kids...

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    no its gone partly to fit the all american fanatsy she is in. you can hear her accident very clearly when she slips up after the birth of her kids...
    Was talking about civil war to end game. In End game its gone with no mention of why.

Sure they can back peddle now with a TV show. But it was jarring when watching the films.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    If I had to guess (with 0 knowledge of the comics), Wanda attempted to help SWORD with an investigation into something supernatural, 'linked into' some sort of paranormal phenomenon, and got trapped there by someone/something, like a Netrunner in Cyberpunk can get trapped in ICE. They are now trying to contact her, but have to be careful not to all-out reveal themselves because it could cause her to reject whatever reality she created to protect herself. Maybe she tried to trick someone powerful to help her get Vision back? I somewhat doubt that it will necessarily introduce a big bad for Phase 4, but probably just hint at it. That's just my guess, though.

I though the series was pretty solid so far, all though it dragged a little imho. It was still fun to see Vision again. Curious for more.
    I actually see it as post Tony's funeral, Wanda is stricken with grief and creates a bubble around a town and turns it into a perfect paradise where Vision is still with her, but accidentally trapping the people of the town inside with them. S.W.O.R.D. is there investigating in attempts to help but Wanda perceives them as threats (the helicopter drone, the beekeeper, Rambeau). I'm sure this leading into Doctor Strange 2 is going to be the MCU version of House of M, with a possible twist of Wanda "birthing" mutans into being instead of erasing them, considering Disney has the rights to the XMEN universe now.

Even though they broke the formula for this one, it kind of felt like a clip show for the past few years in the MCU, while literally being a clip show for the past few episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Well, that certainly escalated quickly.
    I feel like I have to repeat myself here. Damn.

I wonder how they’re gonna deal with splitting the focus now that we’re caught up. It would be very interesting to see them send in Sam or Bucky to connect this into their upcoming show.

Great episode, I think my favourite part was the realization that the agents are representative of the audience for the last 3 episodes.

Curious to see if we'll be back in the "show" next week or if the focus will be split from now on.

So Wanda is evil and kidnapped Visions corpse to use him as a puppet, along with the entire town just so she can be happy? Pretty dark....

Definitely reignited my interest in Marvel after it "concluded" in endgame.
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2021-01-29 at 03:56 PM.

Scarab Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    So Wanda is evil and kidnapped Visions corpse to use him as a puppet, along with the entire town just so she can be happy? Pretty dark....

Definitely reignited my interest in Marvel after it "concluded" in endgame.
    Grief sometimes makes people do some pretty horrible things. Show started off slow but yeah has really picked up. I cannot wait to see the final 5 episodes. After such a long wait between movies this really feels like the start of the new MCU phase

Showrunners have said that Wanda will come out of this story as the hero, so adjust your theories/speculation accordingly.

Of course that could have been a mislead as well, but...alas...

They just better not screw up my favorite super-hero character outside the comics as well!
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Showrunners have said that Wanda will come out of this story as the hero, so adjust your theories/speculation accordingly.

Of course that could have been a mislead as well, but...alas...

They just better not screw up my favorite super-hero character outside the comics as well!
    Yeah i doubt she will be the bad guy. I'm guessing a bad guy/ organization like Hydra did this to her, they underestimated her, she took control and instead of unravelling the illusion she is using her powers to sustain it as she gets to be with vision/ have a family.

that one vision shot willo haunt me tonight
    goodjob marvel i didn't want to sleep anyways