Page 8 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some other points;
    A> Whatever's going on in Eastview, it's broadcasting. That's weird.
    B> Something's editing that broadcast. The SWORD team aren't seeing scenes we've clearly seen inside. They made a point of stating this outright so it's not just shoddy editing or something. This not only means there's an editor, but that they know about the broadcast, that it's intentional and not a glitch. Why?
    C> When Monica got ejected, that had all the hallmarks of the Scarlet Witch and her powers, red smoke and all. Nothing else we've seen has that appearance. The border of the event looks like static or digital distortion, none of the rewinds had any trace of Wanda's magic, etc.
    I mean is it that far fetched Wanda/s reality altering powers is doing those broadcasts along with the weird tech stuff that you're seeing? Cause thats just what I'm thinking in all of this. Unrelated but the marketing for the continuing episodes of Wandavision make it seem like there will be a clash between the two(Wanda v Vision).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I mean is it that far fetched Wanda/s reality altering powers is doing those broadcasts along with the weird tech stuff that you're seeing? Cause thats just what I'm thinking in all of this. Unrelated but the marketing for the continuing episodes of Wandavision make it seem like there will be a clash between the two(Wanda v Vision).
    It's not that it's impossible for Wanda to have done these things, it's that her powers always have that red smoky effect, whenever she uses them. Even when she was fiddling with people's minds in Age of Ultron, even when she kicked Rambeau out of Eastview in the show. Her powers have a "look", and nothing about Eastview shares that "look" in any way, except that one time she kicked Rambeau out.

Which may turn out to not have been a hostile act. If Wanda knows, at some level, that something wrong is happening, her subconscious (or whatever) could have recognized that Rambeau was in danger (rather than a threat), and kicked her out for that reason; maybe whatever's running this is hostile to anything that challenges the narrative. We've sure seen that other residents seem terrified but unwilling to speak out. What are they scared of?

Wanda could do this. It doesn't have any of the markers that her powers normally carry, and indeed have an entirely distinct aesthetic. If the border was all reddish smoke rather than digital distortion, I'd be all aboard the "Wanda went nuts" train. If SWORD weren't entirely focused on sentient weapons which would mean they have no business/interest in Wanda, I'd be considering that train. I think everything we've seen in the show points to some true villain behind the scenes. It isn't that Wanda couldn't be responsible, it's that if she were, it wouldn't look like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Something I don't see a lot of people talking about is the SWORD renaming (from the comics), and what it means with regards to the show.

Specifically, it went from Sentient World Observation and Response Department, to Sentient Weapon Observation and Response Department. And the director spells it right out to Rambeau; their purpose is to handle robots, AIs, that sort of thing. Sentient weapons, "what it says on the tin", to quote the guy.
    I noticed the sword rename too. There is a big piece we are still missing, and that’s who else is in the town. Notice how the big glaring hydra call outs were glossed over? That should be a huge red flag. Or was it just a fun thing? The commercial people looked nervous to me, maybe they were calling for help.

I missed the sword call out being about AI. I took sentient weapons as being humans. Specifically mutants. Another friend of mine thinks this has to do with Ultron and Wanda interrupted his revival because of call outs to Simon Williams and grim reaper and how they are connected to the vision.

There’s also a Bova shout out which ties into the high evolutionary and Wanda and pietros birth. That’s the thing about how they connected this to the “real” world: are these Easter eggs for fans or parts of Wandas history.

I am really having a good time with this show. I do think Wanda is editing the tv show however. She’s trying to put on a happy face and any time it goes south she fixes it.

I’m still of the mindset the hexagon (we saw in the BW show intro and it’s the shape of the anomaly) is about the infinity stones.

Some other points;
    A> Whatever's going on in Eastview, it's broadcasting. That's weird.
    B> Something's editing that broadcast. The SWORD team aren't seeing scenes we've clearly seen inside. They made a point of stating this outright so it's not just shoddy editing or something. This not only means there's an editor, but that they know about the broadcast, that it's intentional and not a glitch. Why?
    C> When Monica got ejected, that had all the hallmarks of the Scarlet Witch and her powers, red smoke and all. Nothing else we've seen has that appearance. The border of the event looks like static or digital distortion, none of the rewinds had any trace of Wanda's magic, etc.
    #1 the town is called Westview
    #2 the rewind when the "beekeeper" shows up is clearly done by Wanda

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monkfailz View Post
    After watching Episode 3:

Since we know that Time Travel is now possible (thanks to Avengers: Endgame), Wanda went back in time (somehow) to try and get Vision back by going to an alternate timeline/alternate reality.
    This is what I think as well. He is real but just another reality.
    -K

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    #1 the town is called Westview
    The sign said it's Westview. The sign that's outside of whatever's going on.

Everyone inside says it's Eastview.

#2 the rewind when the "beekeeper" shows up is clearly done by Wanda
    Triggered by Wanda, somehow. But not through the use of her powers, unlike when she ejected Rambeau. That's my point; it isn't just Wanda that's causing all this. She, or someone else, might be using something like the Framework AI to rebuild Vision, either deliberately or Wanda may be using it for that instinctively. And what we've seen goes way beyond the Framework's capacity; it could do the sitcom stuff, but it didn't affect the real world, it all occurred in your head. And whatever's affecting the world has a different affect than Wanda does, when she uses her powers.

SWORD got involved because they sent an agent (a fairly reputable one, to boot) with a drone at the request of the FBI (assuming nothing nefarious from SWORD’s end), and they lost that agent.

Why wouldn’t they be involved? The FBI still is.

- - - Updated - - -

Episode 5 = Holy. Shit.

And we learn why SWORD got, or at least stayed, involved.
    Last edited by Anastacy; 2021-02-05 at 08:47 AM.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

10+ Year Old Account
    HOLY SHIT They bridged the FKING XMEN Universe!!!!

Hell yeaaaaaaaaa!

Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    HOLY SHIT They bridged the FKING XMEN Universe!!!!

Hell yeaaaaaaaaa!
    I wouldnt say that just yet, but we could get there.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

I don't remember who called that...but they totally called that shit.

Say what you want about Mickey Mouse as Thanos memes, but it's pretty great that they can just do this sort of thing.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2021-02-05 at 10:16 AM.

They just fucking did that.

Triggered by Wanda, somehow.
    after todays episode u cant say its NOT wanda anymore....

also: holy moly this episode was great!

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    after todays episode u cant say its NOT wanda anymore....

also: holy moly this episode was great!
    We know Wanda has some control over it, but she also said she doesn't know how it started. Now she could be lying, but we will see.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    They just fucking did that.
    Yes, yes they did.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    We know Wanda has some control over it, but she also said she doesn't know how it started.
    Some control? she literally walked out of the hex and back in

Some earlier pointed out all the hints of Mephisto having a hand in this. And since the creators of WandaVision stated that, at the end, Wanda would be the hero of the show, i assume that Mephisto saw an opportunity, maybe even struck a deal with her, and is manipulating things ever so slightly to turn this romantic dream into a psychological nightmare.

And yes, i enjoy the recasting and all the possibilities this brings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

I'm pretty sure the "Radiation" she is creating with this bubble and alternate reality is what enters the multi verse, creates mutants, enter the x-men, and fantastic 4 from this, as well as a doorway to allow Deadpool in.

vision is alive confirmed and wants to get the HELL out of the there to relearn everything
    pietro is from a different universe
    agnes is showing up at literally EVERY scene something goes right or wrong
    the twins may be evil and controlled by mephisto

bring on episode 6
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    vision is alive confirmed and wants to get the HELL out of the there to relearn everything
    Is he though? Or is it just an imprint? We did see his "dead self" last episode, suggesting that his current personality is simply painted on top of his remains.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Some as in an unspecified amount. We don't know how much control she has, hence some.

If she isn't lying about not knowing how it started, she doesn't have complete control and even in the episode that just aired she said "She didn't do that" referring to the event at the end. There is something more going on we don't yet know about.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

The sign said it's Westview. The sign that's outside of whatever's going on.

Everyone inside says it's Eastview.

Triggered by Wanda, somehow. But not through the use of her powers, unlike when she ejected Rambeau. That's my point; it isn't just Wanda that's causing all this. She, or someone else, might be using something like the Framework AI to rebuild Vision, either deliberately or Wanda may be using it for that instinctively. And what we've seen goes way beyond the Framework's capacity; it could do the sitcom stuff, but it didn't affect the real world, it all occurred in your head. And whatever's affecting the world has a different affect than Wanda does, when she uses her powers.
    It's like you're not even watching.