Page 6 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whew,the third episode held my interest more than the first two. Solid cliffhanger. How good did Olsen look as a strawberry blonde? Goddamn!
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Ugh! If anything it's just like Paul Bettany's career. Hopefully things pick up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of like that there was a gap between 2 and 3, otherwise, the transition between the two episodes would have been trash.

I love when shows respect your time though. I could see another show stretching out the plot of episode 3 over 4 hour long episodes...looking at you TWD.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I kind of like that there was a gap between 2 and 3, otherwise, the transition between the two episodes would have been trash.
    There's enough going on that I think a few days to let it sit and stew before another helping is a good thing, here.

I made some wild predictions after Ep 2 that I don't think hold up any more (but that's the nature of wild speculation). But there's some weird-ass crap going on that I don't think is under Wanda's control, either. Take the two "rewinds"; In Ep 2, she literally says "no" and rewinds the "tape" to before the beekeeper comes out of the sewers. Clearly a choice by Wanda, rewriting the reality somehow. In Ep 3, we had the moment Vision started questioning the nature of their reality, and SNAP, it glitched back 30 seconds and he didn't go down that path again.

It was so sudden and jarring and not diegetic like the first rewind.

Plus, later when we see Wanda eject who I assume is Monica Rambeau, Agent of SWORD (symbol, plus it's Rambeau's actress), we see Wanda's trademark red woo-woo, and we saw no trace of ANYTHING with the Vision glitch.

I will say, though. Now that Wanda has twins, even if they're "fake" somehow, whoever takes this away from her is going to get blasted into atoms. If we get a full-on House of M event, I'm betting that's the kind of thing that'll trigger it.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Soooo did Wanda actually become pregnant prior to being Thanos snapped? I know very little of the character; however, I was reading her bio and it does say she had twins boys with Vision.
    Gotta be careful about universes. She has two kids with Vision in Earth-616, the standard Marvel universe. The MCU is officially Earth-199999. Totally different universe, nothing from 616 has to be the same here, though there are (obviously) usually a lot of resemblances. Her twins here may not even be real, and their appearance may just be a knowing wink-and-a-nod to comics fans who know the Earth-616 stuff.

What I found interesting is that their son Billy has reality warping as a power, as well as the ability to create force fields. Could he be doing this?
    Wanda's powers are reality-warping. In the House of M event, she literally tore the entire universe apart and slapped it back together, rearranging a lot of stuff. She's nearly as strong as the Reality Stone, when she's working at full capacity, at least in Earth-616. She's canonically one of the stronger mutants there, and in the MCU, she's the only character who was strong enough during Endgame to make Thanos fucking panic, because she was beating him, and it wasn't even a close fight between the two. Wanda was absolutely dominating him, to the point that Thanos ordered his fleet to bombard the battlefield because wasting his own army was the only way to get Wanda to back off for a moment and let him escape.

Seriously, don't underestimate Wanda Maximoff.

@Endus Wanda was never a reality warper on the scale of what we saw in HoM. John Byrne tried to explain her “hex” powers as a form of reality warping (ie. by making a chandelier fall on someone’s head, she reality-warped it so that it rusted and fell exactly when she intended it to), but never on a universal, or even global, scale. Bendis pulled that HoM-level shit out of his ass, and later Heinberg retconned that into being the Life Force possessing her. Theeeeeeen Remender “advanced” things, saying she could do high-end reality warping if she had a power source (which was Wonder Man, during Remender’s run).

Wanda is among the most powerful magic users in 616, but nowhere near the level of Doctor Strange.

And she’s no longer a mutant.
    Last edited by Anastacy; 2021-01-25 at 09:23 AM.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

5+ Year Old Account
    After watching Episode 3:

Since we know that Time Travel is now possible (thanks to Avengers: Endgame), Wanda went back in time (somehow) to try and get Vision back by going to an alternate timeline/alternate reality.

In Avengers: Endgame, in the Bruce Banner and The Ancient One scene where they were talking that if you change one timeline, you create alternate timelines/alternate realities. Or something like that.

Wanda is just in another alternate timeline/alternate reality with Vision.

I don't know. That's my guess in what the f is going on, lol.

(That black lady with that sword pendant necklace. She's a member of S.W.O.R.D. Maybe Agents of S.W.O.R.D. is really happening. I loved Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.)
    Last edited by monkfailz; 2021-01-25 at 08:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monkfailz View Post
    (That black lady with that sword pendant necklace. She's a member of S.W.O.R.D. Maybe Agents of S.W.O.R.D. is really happening. I loved Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.)
    The cast list identifies her character as Monica Rambeau, and she's also cast in Captain Marvel 2, playing the same character.

If you need a reminder, Captain Marvel's friend that she remembered, in her own film, was Maria Rambeau. We also met Monica in that film. Except she was like 11 years old; Maria's daughter.

She's not a nobody.

We also saw that SWORD emblem a whole lot more times in the earlier episodes.

First time I saw Captain Marvel in a comic she was Monica Rambeau.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byuiso View Post
    Right. I believe this is after Infinity War with Wanda struggling to cope with the loss of Vision.

I still believe this is us seeing her descent into madness or her already causing havoc with her inability to cope with the loss of Vision and her brother which leads into Multiverse of Madness.
    This is basically House of M storyline.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Yes, but the Earth-199999 timeline is all timey-wimey wibbly-wobbly and doesn't bear much resemblance to the Earth-616 timeline.

There's a lot of indication that Rambeau's going to be a recurring figure, between her inclusion in Wandavision, and then in CM2. Either they're gonna power her up, or SWORD is about to become a "big deal" and she's going to be the Nick Fury of SWORD, so to speak.

Not in Wandavision, though, I expect. I imagine this is just laying groundwork and getting us to know the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    She was the second of five Captain Marvels in the 616 universe, Marvel comics always had to have a book called Captain Marvel to prevent DC from picking up the trademark for their own Captain Marvel who was in a comic called Shazam. The only reason Marvel had a Captain Marvel was because DC had sued Fawcett comics (the original owners of the original Captain Marvel) for infringing on their Superman IP, though most of Superman's powers were inspired by Captain Marvel. When DC bough Fawcett Marvel already had the trademark and eventually Captain Marvel was renamed to Shazam. As far as I know Rambeau was the only Captain Marvel not to have a connection to the Kree.

15+ Year Old Account
    Watched the first three episodes last night. It's enjoyable, I was impressed by how accurately they captured the look, writing, and acting style of classic sitcoms.

I was a bit surprised that they took such a slow burn approach with only 30 minute episodes. They really play the episodes almost completely straight except for a few minutes of weirdness, so I can easily imagine general audiences getting bored or turned off by it.

That said, this does feel like it could function as a good "baby's first step into surrealism." Maybe it will onramp some people into something a bit more cerebral like Noah Hawley's Legion series, which is criminally underrated, and other abstract arthouse stuff like Twin Peaks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Watched the first three episodes last night. It's enjoyable, I was impressed by how accurately they captured the look, writing, and acting style of classic sitcoms.

I was a bit surprised that they took such a slow burn approach with only 30 minute episodes. They really play the episodes almost completely straight except for a few minutes of weirdness, so I can easily imagine general audiences getting bored or turned off by it.

That said, this does feel like it could function as a good "baby's first step into surrealism." Maybe it will onramp some people into something a bit more cerebral like Noah Hawley's Legion series, which is criminally underrated, and other abstract arthouse stuff like Twin Peaks.
    Legion...loved it. And this definitely feels like a lite dive delve into something like Legion. FX is full of great shows, Fox sucks at marketing them. Though it seems like the shows hit whatever metric. Fox really could have leaned Legion being part of the X-men universe, lost opportunities. I hope Disney keeps the quality of FX rolling. FX|Hulu would be the perfect place to bring back the darker Marvel stories like the Netflix shows.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Whelp. This Episode left on a HUGE cliffhanger holy shit

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone else think that Ralph is Mephisto and that Agnes is Agatha Harness also the clocks and TV dials and such all are missing the number "6". -Every- -Single- -Time-
    I’m taking the 6 to mean the infinity stones. Perhaps we’re going a bit cosmic here (and that would bring in SWORD) and that this has to do with the stones. Wanda and Carol (Danvers) have a connection to the stones, and Carol has a connection to Monica.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    She ditched her accent because producers told her to.
    no its gone partly to fit the all american fanatsy she is in. you can hear her accident very clearly when she slips up after the birth of her kids...

5+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    no its gone partly to fit the all american fanatsy she is in. you can hear her accident very clearly when she slips up after the birth of her kids...
    Was talking about civil war to end game. In End game its gone with no mention of why.

Sure they can back peddle now with a TV show. But it was jarring when watching the films.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    If I had to guess (with 0 knowledge of the comics), Wanda attempted to help SWORD with an investigation into something supernatural, 'linked into' some sort of paranormal phenomenon, and got trapped there by someone/something, like a Netrunner in Cyberpunk can get trapped in ICE. They are now trying to contact her, but have to be careful not to all-out reveal themselves because it could cause her to reject whatever reality she created to protect herself. Maybe she tried to trick someone powerful to help her get Vision back? I somewhat doubt that it will necessarily introduce a big bad for Phase 4, but probably just hint at it. That's just my guess, though.

I though the series was pretty solid so far, all though it dragged a little imho. It was still fun to see Vision again. Curious for more.
    I actually see it as post Tony's funeral, Wanda is stricken with grief and creates a bubble around a town and turns it into a perfect paradise where Vision is still with her, but accidentally trapping the people of the town inside with them. S.W.O.R.D. is there investigating in attempts to help but Wanda perceives them as threats (the helicopter drone, the beekeeper, Rambeau). I'm sure this leading into Doctor Strange 2 is going to be the MCU version of House of M, with a possible twist of Wanda "birthing" mutans into being instead of erasing them, considering Disney has the rights to the XMEN universe now.

Even though they broke the formula for this one, it kind of felt like a clip show for the past few years in the MCU, while literally being a clip show for the past few episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Well, that certainly escalated quickly.
    I feel like I have to repeat myself here. Damn.