Page 1 of 61
... LastLast

[TV] WandaVision

https://disneyplusoriginals.disney.com/show/wandavision

A huge mystery surrounds the town known as "Westview" starring Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany as the glamorous yet traumatized "Scarlet Witch" and the illustrious yet late"Vision".

Featured Song: *Major Spoiler* Agatha All Along

Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2021-02-25 at 10:33 AM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

5+ Year Old Account
    I found it lack-luster...
    And still intruiging... Hard to describe.

But, also from What I read about it, it's surposed to be a segway to her descent into madness, and not a grand adventure as the movies.

I'm not so well versed in the comics, so others will probably correct me.
    I'll still be watching it, but probably won't be glued to the screen, as I was with The Mandalorian.

He says it better than i could.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious to see where this show is headed, but I was kind of... bored? Olsen and Bettany are charming, I still have an odd crush on Hahn, and something is very wrong with Rupp's face.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Feel I should have waited til there were more than 2 episodes out.

Starting the show with an hour of this was not what I was looking for. I started episode 2 thinking we'd at least get a teaser for the transition (if not the actual transition) into what we all expect from an MCU story, but - nothing so far. I feel I could have skipped 95% of the program and just seen the "teaser" bits, and missed nothing of value.

I'll give it a watch next week and if it's more of the same I'll just check it out when the season's done.

I thought it was boring but creepy at the same time.

The creepy factor is knowing that this is Wanda going mad and this is all probably in her head or she is recreating reality which is where Dr Strange steps in to stop her.

Gosh what a snoozefest. I was waiting for something to happen but it never did so I got stuck watching a 60s black and a white sitcom for one hour.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    easy for him to say, it's not on netflix but disney+ so they aren't allowed to release everything at once...also, he is overly negative, this is partially him needing things to happen all the time instead of letting things take their time...people like that shouldn't watch old movies that are slow at start..but then you get to see whole thing, not now, but once he has seen the whole thing, his take will count against him, better not to complain cuz if it all makes sense in the end, all the whining will look dumb..

i'll withold negative judgement on this show until I have seen at least more than just the beginning...too early to shit on it..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Byuiso View Post

The creepy factor is knowing that this is Wanda going mad and this is all probably in her head or she is recreating reality which is where Dr Strange steps in to stop her.
    He has those kind of mind powers??

Quote Originally Posted by Byuiso View Post

Mmm.. I am not so sure about that.. I got a feeling this whole thing took place before Infinity War.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Feel I should have waited til there were more than 2 episodes out.

Starting the show with an hour of this was not what I was looking for. I started episode 2 thinking we'd at least get a teaser for the transition (if not the actual transition) into what we all expect from an MCU story, but - nothing so far. I feel I could have skipped 95% of the program and just seen the "teaser" bits, and missed nothing of value.

I'll give it a watch next week and if it's more of the same I'll just check it out when the season's done.
    If you're expecting them to give you what you expect from an MCU story...you haven't really been paying attention.

Honestly, this is kinda boring and I'm struggling to give a shit. Despite loving the comic version of this and King's awesome series.

I kinda dig how they really nail that "old sitcom" vibe, though I imagine for younger members of the audience that kind of thing goes right over their head. But even still the mystery itself is pretty intriguing. I do think this is the kind of show that would absolutely benefit from binge-watching instead of going week by week.

Quote Originally Posted by Semihagez View Post
    Mmm.. I am not so sure about that.. I got a feeling this whole thing took place before Infinity War.
    There's no way this is pre infinity war. Trailers show that this has to be after Endgame.

I always give a new show 3 episodes...if it doesn't improve then I'm done with it.

From what I see and hear, the writers may have forgotten hiw to write a singular episode that can grab you just a bit to get you coming back for the following week.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    There's no way this is pre infinity war. Trailers show that this has to be after Endgame.
    Right. I believe this is after Infinity War with Wanda struggling to cope with the loss of Vision.

I still believe this is us seeing her descent into madness or her already causing havoc with her inability to cope with the loss of Vision and her brother which leads into Multiverse of Madness.

I'm liking it so far, but TBH, i expected the story to progress faster. I'll keep watching cause im really intrigued by whats really going on 'behind the scenes'. My take is that the whole setting is probably a random neighborhood where Wanda was living after the events of Infinity War, so she started to descend into madness because of Vision's death and subconsciously started to mindcontrol all her neighbors to be a part of her perfect life with her beloved, and all of this is probably happening inside a bubble of energy or some sort of force field. That red toy chopper is probably a real chopper that fell down in the neighborhood after getting too close to this supposed force field and got messed up by Wanda's powers.

" So much lost time... that you'll never get back!"....

I really think you have to have some nostalgia for old sitcoms to get the most out of this show TBH, and I do, so I found it very enjoyable. It has that weird vibe of watching an old sitcom on the dead of night, and it's all canned laughs, but there's something deeply disturbing you are trying to keep your mind off? There's something very appealing and I really want to see how the fictional world unravels as the truth comes out.

My only issue is that the conceit seems a bit removed from Wanda as a character -specially since she wasn't the deepest- so it's like a cool concept, but I'm still thinking about the why Wanda is in this reality; is it something that she was put into, or her own manifestation; this in the sense that she created this sitcom based world or someone else made that choice. Either way I do think it can be explained in a satisfactory manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    I'm curious to see where this show is headed, but I was kind of... bored? Olsen and Bettany are charming, I still have an odd crush on Hahn, and something is very wrong with Rupp's face.
    i will agree it may be confusing for newer/casual viewers but the mystery is kicking up in episode II. I can't wait to see S.W.O.R.D in Episode III as they infiltrate the alternative reality.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zalatoby View Post
    I found it lack-luster...
    And still intruiging... Hard to describe.

But, also from What I read about it, it's surposed to be a segway to her descent into madness, and not a grand adventure as the movies.

I'm not so well versed in the comics, so others will probably correct me.
    I'll still be watching it, but probably won't be glued to the screen, as I was with The Mandalorian.
    the falcon/winter soldier which comes out 1.5wks after WandaVision's season finale will be more about action than WandaVision
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember watching old sitcoms as a kid. Im digging the style, they hit except for the camera work. Dialogue, soundtrack, laugh track, sets, tropes, pacing, all fit. Old sitcoms didn't have the same camera angles which takes away from the facade. My first thought was a lot of people aren't going to 'get it'.

I need some corny comedy in 2021 and I feel like the story is going to get weird like Legion. Give me all the experimental storytelling.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I like it. I think it will be good.

It's about time the strongest Avenger got her due.