Page 10 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Sentient weapon as in a living weapon which could totally be a human, inhuman or mutant of immense power...
    They're explicitly clear when they explain it in Ep 4. "Shifted away from manned missions and refocused on robotics, nanotech, AI. Sentient weapons, like it says on the door."

Regardless, as we found out in Ep 5, she took Vision's dead body out of a SWORD lab, and that would DEFINITELY qualify

Another question:

1) Wanda supposedly broke into SWORD for Vision's body, but doesn't recognize the sword logo that Monica is wearing? Does she not remember going into SWORD? Was she not herself when she broke into SWORD which is why she doesn't recognize it now? She must remember her past life because she remembers her brother and the whole premise is that she wants to be left alone to grieve because she remembers Vision's death, unlike Vision who doesn't seem to remember any of this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Unless a thread is marked Spoilers it is common courtesy to use the tags.
    Maybe. Just seems ridiculous to have people redacting 90% of their posts. @eschatological or some other mod should really just edit the title now that the show is out and actively being talked about.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post

Wanda [...] doesn't recognize the sword logo that Monica is wearing?
    I don't remember the specific dialogue of the scene, but it could have just been something she was trying to block out. Or something someone else was trying to keep her from remembering. Like what happened with Vision's boss (and his wife) asking them about their lives before they came to town and the circumstances of their arrival there.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2021-02-06 at 06:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unlikely to happen but I want to see [baby Legion pop up if they are just going to fold that reality into the the MCU. Which I'm thinking they could pull off at this point without having to do a bunch of origins. Something something Wanda straight up ripped a whole through spacetime (being that she is exhibiting omega mutant powers at this point). I don't have a full theory at the moment, sadly.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Is he though? Or is it just an imprint? We did see his "dead self" last episode, suggesting that his current personality is simply painted on top of his remains.
    You can't say "we" did as it was from her perspective. You could be right you could be wrong. What was shown is either real or her guilt and there's no evidence one way or the other. Much less this week semi confirms it to be that it was just her guilt we were seeing not what was really there, although the SWORD agents could have just been wrong in their assessment.

- - - Updated - - -

Another question:

1) Wanda supposedly broke into SWORD for Vision's body, but doesn't recognize the sword logo that Monica is wearing? Does she not remember going into SWORD? Was she not herself when she broke into SWORD which is why she doesn't recognize it now? She must remember her past life because she remembers her brother and the whole premise is that she wants to be left alone to grieve because she remembers Vision's death, unlike Vision who doesn't seem to remember any of this shit.
    I mean this is literally happening within at most weeks of Endgame's final battle, but more than likely only a couple at most four as evidenced by how many days ago what you're describing happened. She probably got spurred on after the conversation with I think Hawkeye and was like where is his body. She was snapped so she's been back only that same amount of time. I never got that she didn't know what it was, just hadn't noticed it(pendant) until that moment or simply didn't care when it was seen on the toy. Only when she was provoked did she seem to really care both by her and then the missile

The question that is more pertinent to answering yours is: How much does the world and the Avengers know about SWORD? Apparently the wiki states it's been around since 1995 which must have been from either some minute detail or outside source but it's on the wiki. So why nothing until now(this is before Spider Man)?

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Much less this week semi confirms it to be that it was just her guilt we were seeing not what was really there, although the SWORD agents could have just been wrong in their assessment.

Considering Vision's body was in pieces in the SWORD security footage, I think people really need to drop the zombie Vision meme. I think it's pretty clear at this point that he has been repaired/resurrected somehow and what we (and Wanda) saw at the end of that episode was just her baggage about his death coming to the surface.

The only way I could see it being otherwise is if that footage was just a ruse by either the SWORD director or someone else to frame Wanda as a villain in this situation when she's actually not. It is possible that it wasn't actually Vision's body that was shown, since the footage wasn't exactly clear...and it could have been the remains of one of Ultron's puppets that were being studied, or something. But doubt it.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2021-02-06 at 07:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

The question that is more pertinent to answering yours is: How much does the world and the Avengers know about SWORD? Apparently the wiki states it's been around since 1995 which must have been from either some minute detail or outside source but it's on the wiki. So why nothing until now(this is before Spider Man)?
    I'm under the impression that the only heroes who would really know about SWORD are those who work close to SHIELD. Wanda definitely not being one of them. So maybe Tony, Cap (Falcon by proxy) , Black Widow, Warmachine.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post

The only way I could see it being otherwise is if that footage was just a ruse by either the SWORD director or someone else to frame Wanda as a villain in this situation when she's actually not. It is possible that it wasn't actually Vision's body that was shown, since the footage wasn't exactly clear...and it could have been the remains of one of Ultron's puppets that were being studied, or something. But doubt it.
    Maybe, something like that has happened in the past in the MCU. Mainly when Zemo dressed up as Bucky and bombed the UN building to draw him out of hiding.

On a different topic, I wonder what happened between Monica and Carol. When Carol was brought up over the "who could destroy Thanos easily" conversation between Darcy, Jimmy and Monica, Monica looked hurt and changed the subject quickly. Maybe we will find out in Captain Marvel 2? Something must've happened given Monica's reaction to seeing Carol again in the Captain Marvel film. Could be that Monica is angry at Carol for not being there when her mother got cancer and died during the two years after the snap?
    Last edited by Volardelis; 2021-02-06 at 08:10 AM.

Bets on whether the Hex is a multiversal gateway?

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    Maybe, something like that has happened in the past in the MCU. Mainly when Zemo dressed up as Bucky and bombed the UN building to draw him out of hiding.

On a different topic, I wonder what happened between Monica and Carol. When Carol was brought up over the "who could destroy Thanos easily" conversation between Darcy, Jimmy and Monica, Monica looked hurt and changed the subject quickly. Maybe we will find out in Captain Marvel 2? Something must've happened given Monica's reaction to seeing Carol again in the Captain Marvel film. Could be that Monica is angry at Carol for not being there when her mother got cancer and died during the two years after the snap?
    Theories range from Carol giving Maria(or that's what Monica feels) cancer via something to do with the original movie or her powers and not caring or simply what seems like she didn't care or wasn't there for her mother. I understand the sense of abandonment as she finally got her memories somewhat back and they were like a dynamic duo in her original life and she's still just very unmoved. I mean honestly Maria was one of the only good characters introduced in that movie and she treated her like crap. I actually teared up a little when they met finally again and she had all these fond memories and she's like who the hell are you.

The latest episode got me thinking about casting Magneto for the MCU, not as Wanda's father but as an ally so that they can found the Brotherhood of Mutants and become interesting and nuanced villains in the MCU.

Magneto can't be a Jewish Holocaust survivor unless he is to be in his 90s though, and I feel that the genocide experience is integral to motivating his approach vis-à-vis humanity in opposition to the one pursued by Xavier. So that got me thinking that they should cast a Vietnamese or Vietnamese American actor as Magneto in the MCU.

Somebody born circa 1960, who could then have the backstory of a survivor of the Cambodian genocide of the late 1970s. Little did I know that a Vietnamese Magneto already exists in the comics in the form of Erik Luu (Earth-1111). So maybe not such a far fetched idea, then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The latest episode got me thinking about casting Magneto for the MCU, not as Wanda's father but as an ally so that they can found the Brotherhood of Mutants and become interesting and nuanced villains in the MCU.

Magneto can't be a Jewish Holocaust survivor unless he is to be in his 90s though, and I feel that the genocide experience is integral to motivating his approach vis-à-vis humanity in opposition to the one pursued by Xavier. So that got me thinking that they should cast a Vietnamese or Vietnamese American actor as Magneto in the MCU.

Somebody born circa 1960, who could then have the backstory of a survivor of the Cambodian genocide of the late 1970s. Little did I know that a Vietnamese Magneto already exists in the comics in the form of Erik Luu (Earth-1111). So maybe not such a far fetched idea, then?
    Magnetos age wouldn't matter of the mutants are being pulled through some kind of portal.

I believe what Wanda told Vision was honest. She doesn't know how it all started. She isn't in control of every townsperson's every waking moment. She didn't "recast Pietro".

She is controlling a lot, but not everything. I believe Mephisto is at play, leading her to manipulate things and corrupt her love for Vision, as he is often known to do.

"Norm" didn't say Wanda, he simply said "she". Which "she" appears to be aware of what's going on and doesn't seem to be surprised at the unnatural things happening? Which "she" was not identified last episode along with the rest of the townsfolk?

"Norm" didn't say Wanda, he simply said "she". Which "she" appears to be aware of what's going on and doesn't seem to be surprised at the unnatural things happening? Which "she" was not identified last episode along with the rest of the townsfolk?
    Yeah, they're either setting it up that she's involved, or it's going to be the mother of all red herrings. It would seem strange, though, that she'd be the one pulling the strings, given the deference (or even fear) she's shown towards Wanda.

Or maybe she just got in over her head...only realizing how powerful Wanda actually was after kicking the whole thing off.

I mean honestly Maria was one of the only good characters introduced in that movie and she treated her like crap. I actually teared up a little when they met finally again and she had all these fond memories and she's like who the hell are you.
    ...that was literally the point. They were like sisters, but Danvers had all of that taken from her. Which means it was taken from the Rambeaus as well.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2021-02-06 at 12:38 PM.

Neither Dottie nor Agnes has been identified. Popular theory is that Agnes is Agatha, the witch who trained Wanda to be Scarlet Witch. But she doesn't seem to be the person "in charge."

Keep in mind, there's a premise still unexplored: Jimmy's FBI informant in WitSec who has disappeared in Westview.

Also, I keep forgetting Wanda snapped. I figured she fucked off like Hawkeye becoming Ronin for a bit. We know Monica takes 3 weeks post Blip to come back to SWORD, and is pretty much at Westview the next day.....so we're seeing Wanda literally 3 weeks after she watched Vision die.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Magnetos age wouldn't matter of the mutants are being pulled through some kind of portal.
    "Some kind of portal", how random. That wouldn't work for me. I want this:

1) Magneto and Mutants at large will be characters from this reality, not some alternate reality characters that I simply can't make myself care for

2) A dormant X-gene that was always there in a subset of the population was activated in Pietro and Wanda by the Mind Stone in Age of Ultron. Thanos' snap in Infinity War activated the X-gene in some people, including Magnet and Xavier. Iron Man's snap in Endgame activated the X-gene in pretty much anyone who had a dormant X-gene

The 5 year period between Infinity War and Endgame would be a period where Xavier can establish his school, and he and Magneto would be friendly, and mutants would fly mostly under the radar. Then post-Endgame the explosion in mutants would result in widespread awareness of their existence and fear leading to conflict between humans and mutants and a split between Xavier and Magneto and the formation of the Brotherhood of Mutants.

I guess they could do the Captain America thing where he somehow is from the past of this reality, but I feel like that would be a missed opportunity of making the Infinity Saga feel really connected and meaningful to what comes next for the MCU.

First off: I agree with your general idea, that multiverse X-Men wouldn't be great, there should be X-Men in this universe, with some multiverse crossovers where it makes sense (like 4th wall breaking Deadpool).

But why would Tony's snap activate the X gene? We can't ask the man, but in his snap he supposedly just wished for Thanos and his army to poof. Maybe, then, we need to look at Hulk's snap. "Everyone back, just like they were," seems to preclude activating a latent X-Gene. But maybe they have some wiggle room where Bruce Banner reveals he didn't quite snap that reality - maybe he said "Everyone back, at their full power." That helps them in the fight, we see some insane stuff in that battle (though admittedly nothing really beyond anyone's power levels), but that wording could potentially have activated the X-Gene. Classic genie "be careful what you wish for" trope, and that's how Marvel would explain it, just as they explained time travel with Back to the Future and Hot Tub Time Machine.

In that situation, everyone (except for SW and Quicksilver) who is a mutant was Snapped, which also sets up some interesting storylines.

Neither Dottie nor Agnes has been identified. Popular theory is that Agnes is Agatha, the witch who trained Wanda to be Scarlet Witch. But she doesn't seem to be the person "in charge."
    Dottie "broke character" in episode 2, so I doubt it's her.

Keep in mind, there's a premise still unexplored: Jimmy's FBI informant in WitSec who has disappeared in Westview.
    Very minor Agents of SHILED spoilers: My personal, and extremely unlikely, theory, is that it's Norm. The same actor briefly played a guy who was being blackmailed into working for Cybertek (a Hydra subsidiary of sorts) in Agents of SHIELD at the end of season 1. The "Incentives Program" was basically Cybertek kidnapping loved ones to force people into working for them on their shady shit.

It is then revealed in season 5 that the Cybertek scientists have since faked their deaths and/or gone into hiding. It would line up with him going into witness protection if he gave testimony after that whole thing. Hydra remnants would probably have his name on a list. And him being so worried about his sister could imply that she was the one held hostage back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Most of our questions should be answered soon since there are only 3 episodes left. Big bad reveal by the end of next, prep for fight in the following episode, set up Dr. Strange 2 in the final.
    There's a rumor floating around that there's a secret 10th episode lined up.