Page 16 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    My only problem with the "infinity stones" theory is that the Stones are, literally, the building blocks of creation itself. They created the entire universe, and could unmake it if wielded with the proper will. And we've seen constant glitching and system failures in the Hex, cases where what it's trying to achieve just . . . doesn't hold up.

I find it hard to accept that something like the Infinity Stones could perfectly create entire solar systems in a heartbeat, but have ongoing trouble managing control over a handful of people (while there's certainly more people in the town, it's only the ones on-screen that "matter", and that total list is not large.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I get a kick out of the fact that people still jump to the defense of the writing around Captain Marvel with, "yOu JuSt DoNt LiKe GiRls"
    I think the writers nailed Captain Marvel's character from the comics. Her deepest wish that was fulfilled in House of M was for people to actually like her because she is so unlikable. In Civil War 2 she was arresting people based on this inhuman's visions that were not even 100% certainty and even killed Tony Stark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I get a kick out of the fact that people still jump to the defense of the writing around Captain Marvel with, "yOu JuSt DoNt LiKe GiRls"
    What part am I supposed to take issue with?

That she's strong enough to go toe-to-toe with any other heroes? Why would that be a problem?

That she's kind of wooden in her solo film? You realize it's a story about emotional repression and finding herself again, right? That wasn't bad acting.

That she's a "mary sue"? She isn't. She starts out working for the bad guys and makes a lot of mistakes before getting things right.

That they played that No Doubt song over one fight scene? That was a joke, dude.

Captain Marvel's origin movie was about as good as Doctor Strange's and Cap's, probably will be just as good as Black Widow's, and, imo, better than Thor's.

The origin movies are just not that great usually. The exceptions being the movie which started it: Iron-Man, and the new Spidey reboot (which benefitted from being a well-explored character).

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think bringing Captain Marvel into this at all is just people trolling.

I really don't want to read pages and pages debating Captain Marvel. That has nothing to do with WandaVision. If you want to do that, go to another topic.

Please don't feed the trolls. (at least not in THIS thread lol)
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's also kind of pathetic as a complaint, frankly.

How much crazy shit has Thor done? Has anyone argued he's "too powerful"? He got closer to killing Thanos than Carol ever did; that was the entire point of the "you should have gone for the head" line. Thor hadn't been brutal and ruthless enough, and that meant Thanos won, but it was not a lack of power, and Thanos admitted that Thor could've killed him there.

But Carol shows up and has enough power to stand toe-to-toe with anyone other hero in the MCU, and that's somehow suddenly a problem?

She punches Thanos a couple times while he's got the Gauntlet on, and somehow that's "too OP", whereas Thor slams a motherfuckin' axe into Thanos' shoulder, and that's not?

And to bring this back around; since Thanos can't use the Stones if he can't close his fist with the Gauntlet in that fight with Carol, they come off as being on fairly equal ground. She punches him a couple times, he doesn't care. He headbutts her, she glares at him. He tries to snap, she keeps his hand open, barely. He yanks the Power Stone out and punches her away. It was a fairly even fight until he used the Stone.

Now, watch Wanda's fight with Thanos in the same movie. He doesn't have the Gauntlet at the time, but that brings us back to the same power level as with Carol. Thanos tries to hit her once, with his big-ass dumb sword thing, and she just soaks the hit with her magic and smirks at him, and then starts to literally tear him physically apart with her magic. He doesn't have a chance against her. He's so scared by Wanda and what she can do he orders his entire fleet to shell the battlefield, slaughtering his own armies, just to get her off him. He's panicking. He didn't panic when facing Carol.

Not only is Carol not "too OP" unless you've got a problem with girls being strong, I wouldn't even say she's the strongest girl as presented in Endgame. I know the show producers have said she's the strongest, but I don't care about what went on behind the scenes or in the makers' heads, I care about what's in the actual canonical film.

And that was just a straight-out punch-up. Which isn't even Wanda's strength. It's her mind manipulation that really makes her scary.
    Thor has had a lot of films to develop and he had to go into space to find a magical forge to make a super weapon to be a threat. How disingenuous can you get
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2021-02-12 at 07:18 AM.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    How disengenious can you get
    He says, complaining that a powerful character did powerful character things. All of this is about as laughable as someone whining that Spider-Man was able to show up in his first appearance trivially block Bucky's punch after the latter had spent a couple movies kicking people through various forms of architecture. What's that? Literally no one cared? Interesting. I wonder what the difference was.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Technically 2-4 times in the same movie (released less than a year after she was introduced, I'm sure if she was introduced earlier then avengers/Ultron/guardians/thor would have been resolved by her) where the story otherwise wouldn't progress/ they would lose.

Saving Ironman/ Nebula stranded in space (space is a large place)
    Giving them enough of a power boost to assault Thanos post snap.
    One hitting one of the most powerful ships in the universe.
    Overpowering Thanos while he has all the infinity stones.

Compare that to Thor/Captain America combined losing to him with 0 infinity stones, the hulk literally being too scared to appear for an entire movie, guardians, doctor strange, ironman, nebula and Spiderman team up (pre all infinity stones)

Everything else is a team effort, meanwhile captain Marvel could pretty much solo endgame.
    Except she didn’t?

Nice goal post moving too.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Ep. 6: Loved the shout-out to the movie Kick-Ass. Both Quicksilver actors were in that movie.

Regarding the rest...yikes!

Didn’t understand the “commercial” though.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Didn’t understand the “commercial” though.
    Which one was the last one ? Lagos ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Which one was the last one ? Lagos ?
    The newest episode has a yogurt ad called magic-yo. It goes a little off the rails for a commercial.

15+ Year Old Account
    I couldn’t figure out the commercial. It looked like quicksilver being marooned on an island between the universes, and instead of eating the magic, the magic eats you. But I’m not confident of either like I was the earlier ones

- - - Updated - - -

The show has a split between what we know will happen in the future so we’re tracking the connective journey (Monica getting powers) with a a past we have no clue about (how she got there, how the hex rose, who the witsec person is). After this ep I’m more interested in the area outside of the hex than in; the answers we got from inside were kind of underwhelming. While I’m dying to meet her astrophysicist reference I mean friend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    I think bringing Captain Marvel into this at all is just people trolling.

I really don't want to read pages and pages debating Captain Marvel. That has nothing to do with WandaVision. If you want to do that, go to another topic.

Please don't feed the trolls. (at least not in THIS thread lol)
    I don’t think they’re trolling but yeah, how people feel about carol is irrelevant and detracting from the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    What does that matter?

She’s nigh indestructible, has an energy aura, and can fly. Why wouldn’t she crash into space ships to destroy them?

How many times is Hulk gonna punch something to solve a problem? Thor shoot some lightning? Captain America throw his shield? Black Widow do her spinny kick move where she grabs someone’s neck with her legs and knocks them to the ground (does that move have an official name?)?
    I think there's gotta be a wrestling or martial arts name for it as I've seen it before in the "fake" wrestling. Quotes because I don't want someone to come make me deaf like John Stossel.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    The newest episode has a yogurt ad called magic-yo. It goes a little off the rails for a commercial.
    My interpretation of the yo-magic commercial is largely based on the tagline. "Yo-Magic! The snack for survivors!"

I took that to mean that anyone who survives the Hex will end up with magic powers (or more specifically mutant powers). Maybe the Hex grants them super powers as it seems like it's going to do with Rambeau, or merely awakens latent mutant abilities in some of the population. Maybe neither, but at the very least Rambeau is coming out of this with some shiny new pewpew powers.

I'm starting to grow a little suspicious of Quicksilver. He knows more than he should. Similar circumstances to Vision, but Vision doesn't know diddly. Maybe that's just a result of his programming malfunctioning, or maybe Quicksilver isn't what he seems.

Also, Wanda is now the most evil villain in all of cinema history. Thanos may have killed half the universe, but at least he didn't turn them into clowns.
    Last edited by Nastard; 2021-02-12 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Yup, could be a major plot point if her reality-twisting powers erased him from existence

I agree with that, but yet the sitcom shows the transition. I have trouble understanding what this sitcom does here at all to be fair. If she brings another reality every time something does not go "her way", she sure brings the sitcom-stuff with her

All the other "cuts" in the sitcom were abrupt cuts / back to previous scene, except this one which was smooth. For all other cuts, the "problematic part" was also cut and not shown (e.g. most of the scene with Rambeau), but the beekeper part and Wanda saying "No" remained, for some reason.
    But at a minimum Agnes knows. Mind you Herb seems as self aware as Agnes due to the conversation when the twins were born seemed to indicate. I think a relatively larger portion of the town knows it's a sitcom and have decided to do what she wants as it's less painful whereas someone like Norm refuses because he has something driving him to fight against her.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    But at a minimum Agnes knows. Mind you Herb seems as self aware as Agnes due to the conversation when the twins were born seemed to indicate. I think a relatively larger portion of the town knows it's a sitcom and have decided to do what she wants as it's less painful whereas someone like Norm refuses because he has something driving him to fight against her.
    It seems like they know and then vision frees Agnes and she’s as desperate as the rest. I think they’re more possessed to be like her lieutenants watching over the rest, but 5eyre clearly not in control of themselves. Agnes’ freedom also lends credence to her being the witsec person that started this.
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

I'm thinking the commercial is related to how she described her feelings prior to the creation of the hex. She was lonely and dying inside before she used her magic. Whether or not it's indicating that someone else (the shark) was there to show her how or nudge her into doing it...no idea.

Or...it's probably something as straightforward as: It's just representative of Strucker preying on the desperate for his experiments with the power of the stone.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastard View Post
    I'm starting to grow a little suspicious of Quicksilver. He knows more than he should. Similar circumstances to Vision, but Vision doesn't know diddly. Maybe that's just a result of his programming malfunctioning, or maybe Quicksilver isn't what he seems.
    Yeah, there's no way that's a Quicksilver.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    What part am I supposed to take issue with?

That she's strong enough to go toe-to-toe with any other heroes? Why would that be a problem?

That she's kind of wooden in her solo film? You realize it's a story about emotional repression and finding herself again, right? That wasn't bad acting.

That she's a "mary sue"? She isn't. She starts out working for the bad guys and makes a lot of mistakes before getting things right.

That they played that No Doubt song over one fight scene? That was a joke, dude.
    Nothing in what you said refuted being a mary sue. Actually a lot of the things that you claim make her not a mary sue are the things that support it.

If you're saying "I'm Just a Girl" that definitely was not a joke. Half of the crap in the movie was overdone nonsense.

She was wooden? She never changed after. Hell the scene of the movie that actually evoked an emotional response was brought to mind recently with this series as she should have opened up to Maria instead she was just like eh who cares. She didn't become not human, she just forgot who she was. Maria Rambeau was a far more likeable character in that movie and was barely in it compared to her. This is about the writing and not about Brie as I detest her as a person but will say she's a reasonably good actress.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I'm thinking the commercial is related to how she described her feelings prior to the creation of the hex. She was lonely and dying inside before she used her magic. Whether or not it's indicating that someone else (the shark) was there to show her how or nudge her into doing it...no idea.

Or...it's probably something as straightforward as: It's just representative of Strucker preying on the desperate for his experiments with the power of the stone.
    Haven’t the commercials followed chronology? So we’d be past cw at the least. My first thought was her experience when blipped, or with vision dead, but by the end both felt off.