Page 18 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Is it worth the watch.
    Some say its horrible, others say its great.
    what other shows does it feel like?

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    I'm old. I know and remember all the old sitcom shows. I grew up watching them.

Can someone please tell me it gets better after Episode 1? It is way too "slapstick" for me. I can't stand it. It feels like I'm watching nothing important.
    episode 3 or 4 is when it starts to get interesting imo

Quicksilver seems to be asking questions Heyward would like answered himself. I wonder if he's found a way to insert something into the Hex. Also note that when Wanda tries to grill him, he avoids answering the questions and points out the nature of the test, which is classic for doppelgangers and imposters. But if someone is inserting a fake Quicksilver into Westview, why pull the Fox Pietro in at all, unless it was some sort of cosmic entity with knowledge/access to the multiverse.

IDK if "Cataract" has a meaning in the comics, but it being an eye condition and Vision being one of the main heroes makes me wonder what it's about. Maybe Heyward wants to reconstruct Vision as a weapon for SWORD (not autonomous or an Avenger), and this might be the only way to do it. That makes Heyward way stronger than just some head of agency.

Agnes puzzled me this episode. She is dressed like a witch (another nod to who she possibly might be), but she seems just as trapped as the others - though for being at the edge of town she had way much more control than the other humans. She also ducked the question of getting lost in the town she grew up in.

Also liked the nod when Pietro called the kids "demon spawn" in a joking manner when they were acting out. Seeing everyone in their original costumes too was a nice, silly nod.

Wanda being able to freeze everyone and expand the Hex seems to throw some water on the idea of a third party controlling some of the show. She seems to be pretty powerful in this regard. Unless we're going on some Divine Clockmaker theory where someone/thing else got the ball rolling (IE Agnes's boss) and Wanda has just grown into it.

Can someone please tell me it gets better after Episode 1? It is way too "slapstick" for me. I can't stand it. It feels like I'm watching nothing important.
    The tone of the show advances roughly a decade every episode.

The fake sitcom aspect of the show is terrible. It feels like something the writers wanted to do and not something organic to these characters. They could have done another framing device that didn't involve bad television recreations. The amount of the tv show part lessens as it goes on but it's still way too much. If the recreations were in any way good, I'd be more forgiving, but it's like they took the worst cheesy aspects of those shows and made us watch them without adding any of the actual humor those shows used to have. You can skip 90% of the first 3 episodes and not miss anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    The fake sitcom aspect of the show is terrible. It feels like something the writers wanted to do and not something organic to these characters. They could have done another framing device that didn't involve bad television recreations. The amount of the tv show part lessens as it goes on but it's still way too much. If the recreations were in any way good, I'd be more forgiving, but it's like they took the worst cheesy aspects of those shows and made us watch them without adding any of the actual humor those shows used to have. You can skip 90% of the first 3 episodes and not miss anything.
    To me the sitcom aspect of the show is basically an easter egg hunt. You are trying to figure out what's going on hinted through out the dialog. And the fact that the sitcom aspect of it takes up less and less screen time as the series goes on kind of play into the fact that the reality is starting to collapse around her.

I love this show. The sitcom aspect of it is my favorite part of it, it feels much fresher and elevated than the more generic marvel sword part of the show. But I love all of it. The weekly format is perfect with how many hints are woven into the details of the show, the decor, the double entendres, the mysteries. I think it's amazing and certainly my favorite marvel content so far. Hope the MCU overall keeps up with the narrative quality it's establishing on this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Semihagez View Post
    To me the sitcom aspect of the show is basically an easter egg hunt. You are trying to figure out what's going on hinted through out the dialog. And the fact that the sitcom aspect of it takes up less and less screen time as the series goes on kind of play into the fact that the reality is starting to collapse around her.
    Sure, but they didn't have to make the sitcom parts boring and unfunny for long stretches. I guess it's because I don't care about easter eggs. Either they'll explain them later or they won't, but I have no interest in speculating so little hints don't keep me interested if the framing device that contains them isn't good. And it seemed to me most of the weirdness in the first 3 episodes is covered in episode 4 which is why I said you could skip most of the first 3 episodes and not miss anything.

Spoiler episode 6.

Quicksilver is freaking sus.

Wanda claimed at episode 5 she did not made him interviene. Of course it is established that she could do that subcounciously but still, she seemed truly honest about not being responsible for once. Quicksilver however does state the contrary, which could be true, but could be a example of gaslighting which is a theme of the season.

Even if it might be just a TV trope, Quicksilver is being a real bad example for the kids. Teaching them to drink "beer" (they don't) the frat way at such a young age. With the kids he does not go for pranks but straight up steal candies from children and destroy pumpkins. One of the kid is shown possibly stealing latter. With Wanda he seems to have both false and true memory of the Marvel Pietro and when Wanda test him, he finds way to deflect the question. Making her questioning her reality (which has to be done...at some point but not like that) which also belong to the gaslighter's handbook. And when Vision was in danger he was obnoxious to a very insensitive level for the caring brother trying to help he present himself as. Finally, he presented the mindcontrol over the city folk who are definitivly not okay with that as a good thing and that they have happier life.

Let's not forget the show very much like to send hint (and possibly red herring) with some quick one liner and in two episode he talked about hugging to death her sister and pointed her children as devilspawns, a recurring theme for the main theories out there. He might also be what he claims to be, a device to come to terms with grief but that do not really check out

Agnes is also freaking sus.

Contrary to episode 5, where Vision colleague played the pronom game not directly blaming Wanda, in that episode Agnes do. However contrary to the people on the border, she's not immobile and has some kind of control. She claims Wanda want even let people think about leaving despite she tried and the doctor tried, so some half-truth there, and also the witch costume is a giveaway...

Really hard to know if those are victims, allies or foes.
    Except hayward, but everyone figured by now he's shady af

- - - Updated - - -

Also, we have entered in the 90's with malcom in the middle.

My guess for the 00's will be desperate houswives ? Wanda's life is going out of control, the gap between her and Vision is getting bigger, fit the theme
    We already have a cast of noisy neighbors and it might be one of the most iconic series in the 00's depicting life in american's suburbs.

10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of theories this show has produced is insane, one insinuated that eventually this hex(or big red bubble) will eventually cover the whole world(Roughly at the end of the show).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Also, at one point in this episode, Pietro, unprovoked, said "I bet Mom and Dad would love this."

Like the kids asking if she had a brother (also unprompted), I wonder if this is some third party planting some ideas in her head to pull Mom and Dad out of the multiverse. Maybe because Pietro was dead, the prompt allowed the third party to "re-cast" Pietro from the multiverse....

...and maybe because Pietro is thinking of his Mom and Dad, and Wanda's parents are dead in this universe....it's a way of bringing Magneto into this 'verse. Wanda wants her parents back, and through the show, they re-cast Wanda's dad with Magneto. Maybe said third party requires Wanda to wish shit into existence, and the hex acts as a cosmic gate of sorts to get people in from the multiverse.

Olsen at one pointed hinted at a huge reveal on the level of the one at the end of The Mandalorian. Lots of people have assumed that was Pietro after last week......but what if she literally wishes Ian McKellan into this fucking show. I might actually fanboy out over that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The amount of theories this show has produced is insane, one insinuated that eventually this hex(or big red bubble) will eventually cover the whole world(Roughly at the end of the show).
    That's the benefit of airing it weekly, imo, instead of all at once.

If Fassbender showed up I would lose my mind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Maybe said third party requires Wanda to wish shit into existence, and the hex acts as a cosmic gate of sorts to get people in from the multiverse.
    But didn't this episode confirm it wasn't a Pietro from the multiverse and was his actual corpse? We saw a brief flash of a dead body just like we did with Vision. Someone may be trying to do what you suggest but it hasn't physically been done yet since it is all an illusion.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But didn't this episode confirm it wasn't a Pietro from the multiverse and was his actual corpse? We saw a brief flash of a dead body just like we did with Vision. Someone may be trying to do what you suggest but it hasn't physically been done yet since it is all an illusion.
    IDK about that. When Vision was trying to escape the Hex, I was worried he was just going to fall over dead with a big hole in his forehead, and ashen grey.

It seems clear to me Wanda has somehow created a new Vision. Now, Vision started disintegrating when he left the Hex, which may imply he's purely an illusion - but that begs the question as to why she'd need/want his corpse from SWORD. Is it hidden in some closet while she creates the new Vision completely from her memory? If so, why does it have his sense of autonomy? Why can't she control him? To me that implies she's made the corpse of Vision whole again, and the visions she sees of dead Vision/Pietro are just that....bad trauma she's trying to suppress. Which is the whole point of the saccharine-sweet sitcom setting she's creating.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doronjo View Post
    Also, we have entered in the 90's with malcom in the middle.
    Malcom in the Middle was actually 2000-2006. Desperate Housewives seems to risque for where they are going and the drama won't really be there given everything else. The office, Scrubs, How I met your Mother could all work as a general theme. But there are a lot where I think we will have less defined sitcom tropes and more just a general show.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

This one seemed more like a 90s disney channel show than malcom in the middle

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I guess that would make some sort of sense. If it happens when the "inside" reaches the 2020s, nothing would have to change coming into the Hex. So everyone would be blasted with radiation to trigger mutations without becoming clowns and beekeepers along the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    IDK about that. When Vision was trying to escape the Hex, I was worried he was just going to fall over dead with a big hole in his forehead, and ashen grey.

It seems clear to me Wanda has somehow created a new Vision. Now, Vision started disintegrating when he left the Hex, which may imply he's purely an illusion - but that begs the question as to why she'd need/want his corpse from SWORD. Is it hidden in some closet while she creates the new Vision completely from her memory? If so, why does it have his sense of autonomy? Why can't she control him? To me that implies she's made the corpse of Vision whole again, and the visions she sees of dead Vision/Pietro are just that....bad trauma she's trying to suppress. Which is the whole point of the saccharine-sweet sitcom setting she's creating.
    I think the purpose of the Hex and the simulation is at least partly as a vehicle to fully resurrect Vision - a process he is undergoing but is not yet completed. The Hex is basically keeping him more or less alive at the moment, but he is slowly but surely becoming more "real" over time, which is probably also part and parcel of why he's becoming both more willful and powerful (e.g. being able to use his original powers, such as when he temporary frees Norm/Abilash). He's not all the way there yet, though; which is why he quickly starts to revert to his actual current state (dead and disassembled) upon departure from the original perimeter of the Hex.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I'll spoiler this just in case, but the rumor mill is saying that the next sitcom to be referenced will be Modern Family.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    I'll spoiler this just in case, but the rumor mill is saying that the next sitcom to be referenced will be Modern Family.
    I would think the best possible fit would be....ready?......

How I Met Your Mother.

Think about it.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.