Page 29 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Doesn’t Agatha have a cat (familiar) in the comics? I’m thinking that may be it.
    the bunny is a character called nicholas scratch
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

While we all pieced together that Agnes was Agatha Harkness from what, episode 1 or 2, I'm pretty sure she's a red herring villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Wait.... the Sabrina dude?
    Old/Mr. Scratch is a literal nickname for the Devil. So is Old Nick. So many entertainment outlets like to use Nick Scratch as a name for the devil in disguise.

It has been used in many different mediums, including Marvel, and Sabrina.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    What was with the mid-credit scene?

Pietro seemed a bit.....independent? Is that the word I'm looking for?

He didn't seem like a puppet of Agatha's at that moment, is what I'm saying.
    At that moment yes, but as we see the blue-ish energy when Pietro first arrived (with Agatha's "reveal"), it's unlikely he's an entity by himself.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastard View Post
    If Luke Cage was played by Ned Flanders, I'd be all over that shit.
    What about Michael Cera as shaft?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    What about Michael Cera as shaft?
    Ill top that with Idris Elba as Tarzan

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    Ill top that with Idris Elba as Tarzan
    You say that like a black Tarzan is unlikely
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

You say that like a black Tarzan is unlikely
    because it is.

“Agnes” being “Agatha Harkness” had been a suspicion ever since the character’s name was revealed during production of the series (blame us comic fans). The reveal was more of a “FINALLY” moment than a pure surprise.

And it was still glorious.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

You’re tearing me APART, Wanda!
    Grats for putting 2 and 2 together and still coming up with 73 as the answer.

It was the Hex/Wanda that was killing him, you fucking nonce. Not him ALREADY BEING DEAD. He was fully intact and alive, complete with a new Mind Stone (or a substitute at the very least), when he broke through.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Worth Knowing View Post
    Grats for putting 2 and 2 together and still coming up with 73 as the answer.

It was the Hex/Wanda that was killing him, you fucking nonce. Not him ALREADY BEING DEAD. He was fully intact and alive, complete with a new Mind Stone (or a substitute at the very least), when he broke through.
    It's a The Room reference.

Grats on not getting the joke then stewing on it a week for your "comeback."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    I think we'll see a lot more streamed mini-series and less big Blockbusters. Covid has probably changed the face of entertainment for quiet some time. Endgame might literally have been the last Blockbuster for the forseeable future.
    Post Covid, no, until the covid area is done then yeah movies will be a bit slower. Movie theater locations though may suffer.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Bit late to the party, but as soon as Agnes/Agatha gave the camera a look after the "I don't bite" line, it was all given away, imo. I'm sure I missed a whole bunch of comic-specific nods in the episode, but I caught enough throughout that it was made more and more obvious.

That intro/outro for her was fantastic, though.

I also see now how they make Wanda the hero by the end.

Shame this was only like.... 5? minutes extra.
    My biggest hypothesis right now is that Agatha is essentially a mini-boss. They might be the villain for this story, but they're not working on their own initiative and with just their own resources. They have others they're working with, or for.

I'll eat my hat if the events of Wandavision aren't intended to essentially kick off Phase 4 with a serious hint at whoever the Big Bad of Phases 4-6 is gonna be. I don't think we've gotten anything concrete there yet, but it's gotta be a Thanos-level villain to fit the bill. We may not even get a direct link here; Agatha may be working for a lieutenant who may be working for the Big Boss, and we may just spend Phase 4 taking out that lieutenant.

The rest of this was hypothesizing about the future of the MCU beyond Wandavision, so I'll stick it in collapse tags so only people who wanna poke at it have to see it;
    Spoiler: 
    If they've got reveals to go, I'm expecting Mephisto to be that lieutenant (there's been enough hints, and they don't have to be red herrings); I don't expect we'll get more than an injured Agatha apologizing for their failures to a shadowy figure that's clearly Mephisto, though. Beyond that, I've been thinking for a long time that the best followup from Thanos, to differentiate in as many ways as possible, would be to go with Doctor Doom. Latvia could be what he renames Sokovia as he rebuilds it, repurposing Ultron tech into his Doombots. He's not just a Stark-level tech genius, he's ALSO a sorceror on the same scale as Strange. It's a very Earth-centric story, which may be a good refocus in the aftermath of all the cosmic stuff. He's also a really complex villain and not always actually wrong, where Thanos was . . . aggressively simple. In fact, I think that kind of slow build to Doom is the only way they could ever make the character work; I think he's failed in every FF film because they try and force his development way too quickly.

It's a great way to ensure that Wanda and Strange are front-and-center in everything, since they'll be the only ones who can go toe-to-toe with the guy magically. The tech stuff ensures Banner and the Pyms remain relevant. And Doom works with plans within plans, in a way that would be perfect for a slow build-up. They've got everything in place for Doctor Doom, IMO. And they made a giant purple guy with a fancy glove into a believable villain, so I gotta assume they can handle Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    My biggest hypothesis right now is that Agatha is essentially a mini-boss. They might be the villain for this story, but they're not working on their own initiative and with just their own resources. They have others they're working with, or for.
    Well taking what we know Wanda is running the simulation, Agathahas been fiddling with it, and she’s been pushing Wanda, but I don’t feel either of them set it in motion. I’m guessing she butted into it and is steering it her own way.

Agatha vs Wanda seems a little too direct. Well, vs Sword vs Spectrum vs X. I still feel there’s one party we haven’t seen because Wanda doesn’t seem to clear on how she got into the simulation (hex) and Agnes just kinda showed up if you take her intro literally. Sparky was a creation of Wanda. Agatha may be trying to keep what Wanda is doing from crossing some line.

Also, how great would it be if that really IS X-men Quicksilver that Agatha dragged over from another universe and not some magical doppelgänger.

I think in all the theories about Agatha and Mephisto (or all the other possible villains) people (myself included) kind of forgot how big a role Hayward is playing.
    I read a few comments from people that were pissed at Wanda for being so hateful towards Monica, but from what we now know, Wanda walked into SWORD and found them turning Vision into Ultron. Next thing she knows is that a SWORD agent walks into her bubble, breaks her out of her happy world by talking about her dead brother and.... Ultron. Next up that same agent is trying to shoot her with a Stark Industries drone, SWORD send in a fake brother (that is what Wanda suspects, she accuses Monica of that) and then that same agent walks right into her house and starts talking about Hayward and Ultron again. I mean, considering that it's kind of nice of Wanda to only freak out at Monica after she mentions Hayward. Before that she is a little annoyed at best.
    And here's the thing: Hayward knew exactly what he was sending Monica into. He was tracking Vision and knew he was with Wanda. But he still pretended that it was just some FBI case Monica was supposed to help out with. I think it is, because he knows about the SWORD splinter group that we saw in ep 7, who said they were loyal to Monica's mother (and someone else) and knows Monica is going to be opposing him too, once she finds out what exactly he is doing. He is trying to get Monica killed by Wanda, so he can point to that and take complete control, making everyone who opposed him a villain, not only Wanda.

On some level it kind of seems that Hayward's and Agatha's goals align so well, that they could even be working together. Agatha is using Wanda as a scapegoat and has constantly been trying to isolate her from Vision (from the moment the kids were there) by either making Wanda unsure about Vision's feelings for her or making Vision suspicious of Wanda. And she can only do that as effectively as she does, because he doesn't remember anything prior to the hex. And that is probably due to stuff that SWORD did. Once Wanda kills Monica, nothing could save her and if she finds out she was tricked, she'd be even more guilt ridden and insane, she'd have no help at all anymore and Agatha would remain as her only "friend" against the other superheroes, SWORD and her own self-hate (which is already shown very explicitly during ep 7). That's gaslighting on a whole new level. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    On some level it kind of seems that Hayward's and Agatha's goals align so well, that they could even be working together. Agatha is using Wanda as a scapegoat and has constantly been trying to isolate her from Vision (from the moment the kids were there) by either making Wanda unsure about Vision's feelings for her or making Vision suspicious of Wanda. And she can only do that as effectively as she does, because he doesn't remember anything prior to the hex. And that is probably due to stuff that SWORD did. Once Wanda kills Monica, nothing could save her and if she finds out she was tricked, she'd be even more guilt ridden and insane, she'd have no help at all anymore and Agatha would remain as her only "friend" against the other superheroes, SWORD and her own self-hate (which is already shown very explicitly during ep 7). That's gaslighting on a whole new level. ^^
    Vision has no memories of before because the mind stone was taken from him. It was his brain so to speak. He only knows what Wanda wanted him to know from the start of the series. If he remembered everything from before he would have opposed her from the beginning so she only gave him enough memories to ensure he still had feelings for her. At least that is what it appears to be.

So where's the beekeeper? Not a single reference to him since his disappearance. Wanda launched Monica from the area in a relatively "safe" manner, which makes me think she wasn't the one to get rid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Krunxx View Post
    Vision has no memories of before because the mind stone was taken from him. It was his brain so to speak. He only knows what Wanda wanted him to know from the start of the series. If he remembered everything from before he would have opposed her from the beginning so she only gave him enough memories to ensure he still had feelings for her. At least that is what it appears to be.
    I don't think it's purely because of the missing mindstone that he has no memories. He should at least have what Jarvis knew and maybe even some Ultron ...err.. subroutines or something. SWORD had him for several years it seems and they dismantled him thoroughly and were already trying to bring him back online, which I'd say means they also had some kind of 'mind' implemented (like their own version of Ultron maybe), but it didn't work, as Jimmy and Monica say, until Wanda stole him. So it may even be that Wanda had to delete the new weapon-AI they gave him and then awakened him with a bit of her own mindstone-power and some of her memory of what he was like. If even that. Maybe someone else "awakened" him with her power, so Wanda would have a reason to maintain the sharade.
    The first two episodes neither Wanda nor Vision actually have any memories of what happened before they arrived. They develop some kind of independent thought and the power to manipulate the Hex/the mindcontrol (Wanda the Hex, Vision the mindcontrol) at roughly the same time. First time something like that happens is in the first episode at dinner, where both of them realize something is wrong when Visions boss is choking and both are hesitant to do something about it, until they decide their 'agreed upon' secrecy is less important than the man's life. I think that was a test by whoever created the Hex. And I don't think that was Wanda. I think Wanda walked into a trap and then let herself get carried away, because it meant a 'way out' of her desperation. Or, my other theory about it, the Hex is a wormhole created by some kind of being when reality became unstable after Thanos destroyed the stones, Wanda walked in and first tried to contain it... and then basically was trapped (again because it was her way out).
    Both from the outside and from the inside there's forces trying to make Wanda a murderer in her weakened state of mind. It's almost a classical scheme the devil would pull to bring down an originally innocent soul. Or how a Sith would bring a Jedi to the Dark Side

Agatha is definitely working for someone, probably Nightmare. I think the rabbit is her husband Ralph(Mephisto?) The 2 creatures on tv are her kids.

Oh, I just thought of something... what if Wanda isn't just one Wanda, but several? Like, if that Hex is actually a kind of wormhole to different timelines/realities and she remains a Nexus being like in the comics (with the latest ad I thought it might be possible) maybe someone (Nightmare, Mephisto, Chthon, whoever) trapped her there and not only the Wanda from the MCU main timeline, but also others. One of them would be her former self from the time during Age of Ultron, which is why she has her accent back sometimes (specifically when talking about that time and Pietro and when throwing a Stark Industries drone at Hayward's feet).

Also, I think Evan Peters Quicksilver might have been sent by the TVA to investigate. He might just have been recruited by them. They could introduce Fox-Quicksilver that way and still later on create their own X-men. Part of me thinks he might be Loki in disguise, but then it kind of makes no sense that he would choose that specific disguise and also I don't think they'd use Evan Peters just to show him turn into Loki for a second at the end.