Page 33 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Good job. I like reading your blog

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    From a writers POV there isn’t a need to bring in an established Avenger and Agent Hayward is adverse to people with powers. So you’ve got 3 Avengers inside the Hex(one newly born) and an asshole outside who wants to make Ultron 2.0. Now, that’s not to say other Avengers won’t be dealing with the fallout. Obviously Doctor Strange 2 will be continuing Wanda’s story and this miniseries leads directly into that.
    Dude, the Avengers are a Team, not a type of superhuman. Monica isn't one (yet?).

#TEAMGIRAFFE

The last episode was one of those that makes you want to watch the show again to see what you've missed. So I did!
    I've come around to the idea it's not Wanda's Hex. Just in the episode where she confronts Hayward, before she walks back into the Hex she turns it red. And the show seems to be deliberate in it's visuals, so they wouldn't have done that if it wasn't meant to portray something of some sort.

That part where Agatha says "You didn't think you were the only magical girl in town" and then people mentioning Dottie being someone. And that creepy drone like "For the children" that happened in the talent show episode made me think that Dottie is magical too, not necessarily the devil. But I don't know all the magic users in Marvel so I had to google and found a theory that Dottie is someone called Arcanna. So maybe it's an alternate sort of "coven" of magical beings that did the entire Hex to use Wanda to make devil children.

Or maybe Westview is a safe haven for magical people.

I hate the idea that this is all some devil religious nonsense though.

Also in the last episode they seemed to have changed the Hex from a tower structure into a dome. Is it because the expansion horizontally decreased it's vertical capabilities? Or did they just realize it was ridiculous to make it appear as though it continued into space infinitely?
    I'm a thread killer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Btw Bettany said in a recent interview there’s one more surprise guest. He said it was an actor he’s admired a long time and he felt privileged to be able to work with them.

"This is the theory that says there is some mysterious Avenger who is going to appear in WandaVision, and people seem to think that mysterious Avenger is Doctor Strange. Truth is, of all of the characters that we were trying to keep secret, a lot of them got out through leaks. There is one character that has not been revealed and it is very exciting, it's an actor I've longed to work with all of my life. We have some amazing scenes together, and the chemistry between us is, I think, extraordinary, and it was just fireworks on set. So I'm really excited for people to see that stuff."
    https://screenrant.com/wandavision-p...aracter-tease/
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2021-02-24 at 01:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    Also in the last episode they seemed to have changed the Hex from a tower structure into a dome. Is it because the expansion horizontally decreased it's vertical capabilities? Or did they just realize it was ridiculous to make it appear as though it continued into space infinitely?
    I don't think they ever showed the vertical boundary of the hex before she expanded it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Well, the reveal about the “engineer” certainly was...something.
    Lol, not the shows fault the fans are hyping up random characters. She mention the engineer twice and ppl started the specualte it was RR...

The more I think about it, the more I think "Pietro"'s snooping comment includes himself and isn't just aimed at Monica. Did Wanda's blast maybe knock him out of whatever spell he was under? This was the first time we saw him since that after all.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I don't think they ever showed the vertical boundary of the hex before she expanded it.
    It also wasn't visible to the naked eye until the expansion event.

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    Lol, not the shows fault the fans are hyping up random characters. She mention the engineer twice and ppl started the specualte it was RR...
    The show is chock full of Easter eggs, blink-and-you’ll-miss-it’s, and name drops. So yes, it is the shows fault the fans speculated (that’s what helps garner interest), but it’s the fans fault for buying into it.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Much as I like Pacino and De Niro... I would really hope they don't cast a septuagenarian or octogenarian as Dr. Doom.
    I’m for Hugo Weaving as Doom, I really don’t think deniro or Pacino fit at all and V for Vendetta convinced me he can do the acting without showing his face.

OT: I’ve pretty much resigned to this being Mephisto’s doing after re watching episode 1-3. Agatha working for him or trying to foil his plan, I’m not so sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    The show is chock full of Easter eggs, blink-and-you’ll-miss-it’s, and name drops. So yes, it is the shows fault the fans speculated (that’s what helps garner interest), but it’s the fans fault for buying into it.
    Dropping Easter eggs on a “show” within a show is devilishly clever. Is it a clue, or just an Easter egg? It has certainly been a fun ride. Falcon and WS is likely more straightforward. Loki? Who knows!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    Dropping Easter eggs on a “show” within a show is devilishly clever. Is it a clue, or just an Easter egg? It has certainly been a fun ride. Falcon and WS is likely more straightforward. Loki? Who knows!
    What I'm more hoping is that they really play with the medium, and insert different genres.

Wandavision obviously relies a lot on sitcoms, even if as a trope-source primarily.
    I imagine Falcon and WS will be an action buddy-comedy of some flavor.

Loki? I'm hoping for a heist series. One with Loki breaking the 4th wall with the audience directly, as everyone he's working with is as distrustworthy as he is.

She-Hulk? You better give me something that's at least 80% legal drama.

Moon Knight? I have no clue. He's . . . variable enough you could do a lot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    What I'm more hoping is that they really play with the medium, and insert different genres.

Wandavision obviously relies a lot on sitcoms, even if as a trope-source primarily.

Loki? I'm hoping for a heist series. One with Loki breaking the 4th wall with the audience directly, as everyone he's working with is as distrustworthy as he is.

She hulk is the fourth wall breaker.

Ms marvel would be the most Disney channel appropriate
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    She hulk is the fourth wall breaker.
    Eh, I guess you've got a point that she's done so in the comics a fair bit.

Still. Legal courtroom drama. Play up Jennifer Walters: SuperLawyer more than She-Hulk: Hulk Smash.

Ms marvel would be the most Disney channel appropriate
    As a side note, Disney+ just acquired Star, and in doing so added a ratings limiter on accounts. It defaults to Adult, I think. I could watch Alien, Rocky Horror, Sons of Anarchy, all kinds of stuff that's rated R or TV-MA.

So the whole "Disney won't make anything that isn't PG-13 on Disney+" that people were bringing up with regards to Moon Knight is, I think, comfortably not a factor.

10+ Year Old Account

Moon Knight could touch upon mental health related stuff(Or at least have that as a way to connect to the audience).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    As a side note, Disney+ just acquired Star, and in doing so added a ratings limiter on accounts. It defaults to Adult, I think. I could watch Alien, Rocky Horror, Sons of Anarchy, all kinds of stuff that's rated R or TV-MA. So the whole "Disney won't make anything that isn't PG-13 on Disney+" that people were bringing up with regards to Moon Knight is, I think, comfortably not a factor.

Star is essentially the international version of Hulu from what I understand and was acquired as part of the Century21/fox merger. Disney really does need to just create one platform that hosts the stuff in the US though. No reason why I should have to log in to all the different platforms they own just to stream their content. So hopefully the bring that unity to the domestic/state service.

I know the UK version has better account/parental controls since it was built on an existing app/service prior to Disney+. They really are just all over the place on stuff. It is a little crazy.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Star is essentially the international version of Hulu from what I understand and was acquired as part of the Century21/fox merger. Disney really does need to just create one platform that hosts the stuff in the US though. No reason why I should have to log in to all the different platforms they own just to stream their content. So hopefully the bring that unity to the domestic/state service.

I know the UK version has better account/parental controls since it was built on an existing app/service prior to Disney+. They really are just all over the place on stuff. It is a little crazy.
    Right, I'm just making the point that a lot of people were arguing that Disney+ wouldn't ever host anything that was "worse" than PG-13 in rating, so Moon Knight, a character who canonically cut the face off his nemesis and wears it around sometimes, was questionably difficult to do justice to.

Given that they're offering Star right through Disney+, without any restrictions on content (just account limiters, for parental controls and the like), I don't think that's an argument any more. They're free to go pretty damned dark and gross.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    I’m for Hugo Weaving as Doom, I really don’t think deniro or Pacino fit at all and V for Vendetta convinced me he can do the acting without showing his face.
    Weaving was already The Red Skull in CA: The First Avenger. He didn't come back for Infinity War/End Game because he wasn't getting paid enough to do so.

https://www.screengeek.net/2020/01/2...lot%20of%20fun.

“Oh, yeah. I loved playing that character Red Skull – it was a lot of fun. We were all obliged to sign up for three pictures: I was thinking [Red Skull] probably wouldn’t come back in Captain America but he may well come back as a villain in The Avengers. By then, they’d pushed back on the contracts that we agreed on and so the money they offered me for The Avengers was much less than I got for the very first one, and this was for two films. And the promise when we first signed the contracts was that the money would grow each time. They said: ‘It’s just a voice job, it’s not a big deal.’ I actually found negotiating with them through my agent impossible. And I didn’t really wanna do it that much. But I would have done it.”
    Other than that, I agree...Weaving would have made an excellent Doom.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2021-02-24 at 11:06 PM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Weaving was already The Red Skull in CA: The First Avenger. He didn't come back for Infinity War/End Game because he wasn't getting paid enough to do so.

https://www.screengeek.net/2020/01/2...lot%20of%20fun.

Other than that, I agree...Weaving would have made an excellent Doom.
    I still say he's the only person who could do Grand Admiral Thrawn properly.

So, I actually went back and watched the whole show again and there were a few things that now stood out to me more than before.

First thing was that it is actually Vision who asks the 'lucid' questions first, when he is shown at his first day at work and he wants to know what they are doing there. In the second episode Wanda tries to talk to Vision about the strange things that happened at Dottie's place, but he is 'drunk' (from the chewing gum) and she can't actually tell him about it.
    Everything changes once she is pregnant. Wanda seems to take a more active role from there on out and also doesn't want to talk or hear about strange things going on anymore. And she seems to re-do stuff, with rewinds or jump-cuts.
    But! I also think we can't really trust things we see in the Wandavision-setting too much, because there's scenes changing if they are shown several times. The 'Where's Geraldine'-scene is shown three times and it plays out differently each time. The bee-keeper is shown three times and while I couldn't see much change in the first two times, Wanda's "No" sounds completely different when the scene is shown from his pov.
    The next thing is that even if people seem lucid, they still play along with the show, as shown with Vision and Darcy in ep. 7, who are completely aware that they are in a sitcom and are talking about the real world, but still don't just fly to Vision and Wanda's house or simply drive over the grass and as such get stuck with completely nonsensical obstacles blocking their way (until Vision realizes it very late in the episode)

Then I saw some Youtubers who said that Herb cut into his wall because Agatha magic'ed him, which is incorrect. In the scene where she does that (during her song) the cut in the wall is already there. The only thing she did was make him say the 'because we're all....' line obviously, making Vision suspicious again.

A glaring question I have: why and how does Vision have the power to wake people up? If his power comes from Wanda, it makes no sense, except if it is a call for help, like maybe the broadcast itself. Not the show, but the fact the show is broadcast to the outside. The signal for that is not the CMBR itself, but it is overlaid over the CMBR. And the show goes on, even though the broadcast stops once the boundaries of the Hex have been expanded.

Edit: And did anyone else notice the strange way the 4 is written on the Whiteboard where Monica, Jimmy and Darcy have their brainstorming about getting back into the Hex?
    Last edited by formerShandalay; 2021-02-25 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Vision apparently has his mind stone powers in the show, which is still such a huge wtf, so he must be using those to wake people up and put them back to sleep.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. The four is written so it looks like 4, which is definitely how the Fantastic Four write it as well. Fun easter egg considering we know they’re on the way(if not in the show, then at least in the MCU as a whole).
    Yea, these mindstone powers are what I mean. There's only one person left who still has those and that's Wanda. So if those are actually mindstone-powers, they come from her. So she gave him the power to break everyone he wants out of mindcontrol? And what do they do to Agnes? At least according to her reveal-scene they have no effect whatsoever on her, apart from their golden visual effect on her face.
    Unless of course these powers were pulled from another mindstone from the multiverse and that's why Vision can only survive in the Hex, because that mindstone only works in its own universe and maybe a wormhole that's connected to it, which would be the Hex.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing the 4 as a 4 like from the fantastic four, because it stood out to me the very first time I saw it and none of the easteregg-hunters I watch mentioned it, it made me crazy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    Yea, these mindstone powers are what I mean. There's only one person left who still has those and that's Wanda. So if those are actually mindstone-powers, they come from her. So she gave him the power to break everyone he wants out of mindcontrol?
    You need to realize that it's probably a ridiculous assumption to think Wanda is knowingly deluding herself with a willful fantasy, here. She knows the Hex isn't reality, and she can enter and leave it at will. So, why is she bothering?

I'll suggest that she's probably trying to use the Hex to remake Vision. That's also why she stole his body. She doesn't want a fantasy. She wants the love of her life to not be dead any more. Part of that involves making him exactly who he once was, powers and all. She doesn't want to "edit" the man she loves to remove the bits that might cause her some headaches; then he wouldn't be the man she loves any more. Just a really advanced male RealDoll fucktoy. And I think she's smart enough to know that.

And you're really too focused on the Mind Stone. Wanda doesn't need it. The Mind Stone could've done all this, sure, but Wanda's figuring out how to do it herself. Recall, too, that Wanda was one of the two or three best-informed people as to how the Mind Stone works, between her and Stark and Shuri. Had to be, to be part of the team working to remove it from Vision safely (note that when they were doing so, there was no question that doing so would kill Vision; they knew they could remove it safely.)

The Stones are one source of potential, but they aren't remotely the only path to those abilities. Doctor Strange could use the Time Stone to turn back time, but Scott Lang and the gang figured out how to time travel with Pym Particles, without any Time Stone involvement. The advantage of the stones is that they're shortcuts, and their power cap is through the roof. You can still achieve a lot through hard work.

And what do they do to Agnes? At least according to her reveal-scene they have no effect whatsoever on her, apart from their golden visual effect on her face.
    If Vision's trying to break Wanda's spell, then there's just no spell on Agatha to break. If his powers can turn the key and "unlock" people's real selves, he's turning the key in Agatha's head, but it wasn't locked, so it just . . . does nothing.
    Last edited by Endus; 2021-02-25 at 02:35 AM.