Page 34 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You need to realize that it's probably a ridiculous assumption to think Wanda is knowingly deluding herself with a willful fantasy, here. She knows the Hex isn't reality, and she can enter and leave it at will. So, why is she bothering?

I'll suggest that she's probably trying to use the Hex to remake Vision. That's also why she stole his body. She doesn't want a fantasy. She wants the love of her life to not be dead any more. Part of that involves making him exactly who he once was, powers and all. She doesn't want to "edit" the man she loves to remove the bits that might cause her some headaches; then he wouldn't be the man she loves any more. Just a really advanced male RealDoll fucktoy. And I think she's smart enough to know that.

And you're really too focused on the Mind Stone. Wanda doesn't need it. The Mind Stone could've done all this, sure, but Wanda's figuring out how to do it herself. Recall, too, that Wanda was one of the two or three best-informed people as to how the Mind Stone works, between her and Stark and Shuri. Had to be, to be part of the team working to remove it from Vision safely (note that when they were doing so, there was no question that doing so would kill Vision; they knew they could remove it safely.)

The Stones are one source of potential, but they aren't remotely the only path to those abilities. Doctor Strange could use the Time Stone to turn back time, but Scott Lang and the gang figured out how to time travel with Pym Particles, without any Time Stone involvement. The advantage of the stones is that they're shortcuts, and their power cap is through the roof. You can still achieve a lot through hard work.

If Vision's trying to break Wanda's spell, then there's just no spell on Agatha to break. If his powers can turn the key and "unlock" people's real selves, he's turning the key in Agatha's head, but it wasn't locked, so it just . . . does nothing.
    I don't think Wanda created the Hex at all nor did she actually resurrect Vision. She got trapped in an illusion created by someone else and at one point started to play along, because it seemed to be her chance to have her happy life. I'm not even sure Vision is completely real and 'alive'. If she was able to set up the Hex, bring all those people under her control and make all of their relatives and friends forget they ever existed, why didn't she just do the same with Hayward and his cronies in regards to Vision?

And I'm focused on the mindstone, because Wanda's powers came from the mindstone in the MCU, even if they look nothing like it and more like the powers she has in the comics. And the mindstone was also what made Wanda and Vision connect on such a deep level, because their connection was really kind of on a cosmic level and her understanding of it and their resonance with each other was what made it possible for her to destroy it. The real Vision can only be recreated if he gets the mindstone back, even if only on a lower level maybe. Every other power she might use would change Vision into something new.
    But as I said, I don't think she is the one actually making Vision walk around, but the one who created the Hex and from the moment she gets pregnant Agatha is trying to turn Wanda and Vision against each other, because they now have a new hold on Wanda and need Vision to antagonize her, so she has no one to turn to anymore but Agatha (and whoever it is behind her), once the attack from the outside comes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    And I'm focused on the mindstone, because Wanda's powers came from the mindstone in the MCU, even if they look nothing like it and more like the powers she has in the comics.
    In the same way that my cell phone came from the factory.

If the factory gets blown up later, my phone doesn't stop working.

The mindstone is 100% irrelevant to Wanda's powers at this point. It may be what was used to spark them in the beginning, but she isn't drawing from it. If she were, then her powers would've gone away 5 years ago when Thanos destroyed the Stones.

In fact, you could argue that her powers' origination in the Mind Stone could just be another reason she doesn't need the Stone to resurrect Vision; she has enough of that same potential within her herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    In the same way that my cell phone came from the factory.

If the factory gets blown up later, my phone doesn't stop working.

The mindstone is 100% irrelevant to Wanda's powers at this point. It may be what was used to spark them in the beginning, but she isn't drawing from it. If she were, then her powers would've gone away 5 years ago when Thanos destroyed the Stones.

In fact, you could argue that her powers' origination in the Mind Stone could just be another reason she doesn't need the Stone to resurrect Vision; she has enough of that same potential within her herself.
    I don't think people that got powers from stones still pull those from the stones, but they were imbued with them. Otherwise not only Wanda would have lost her powers, but also Captain Marvel, Captain America, Bucky, and all the others who got imbued with those powers and they all kept their powers too. The stones were manifestations and smaller manifestations of their powers clearly still exist.

And yes, that was exactly what I was arguing, she doesn't need the stone, she and she alone doesn't need it, because she was imbued with those powers and is the only force that can give him some semblance of those powers. If that is indeed what is happening, which as I said I'm not sure of. The Vision-illusion was what the creator of the Hex was dangling in front of her nose to lure her into the trap.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Captain America and Bucky got their powers from steroids(super soldier serum), not the stones.
    Yea, for some reason I thought the serum was made with the radiation from the tesseract, but I looked it up and that was wrooong. ^^

Well, there goes so many theories, and the last shred of hope I had that they wouldn’t HoM the MCU Wanda.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

So, Pietro just got acknowledged as troll casting right? No connection to xmen?

Also, I'm kind of confused. I thought sword at one point was tracking vision inside the hex but he's actually just made by wanda so why/how were they even tracking
    Last edited by bmjclark; 2021-02-26 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post

Also, I'm kind of confused. I thought sword at one point was tracking vision inside the hex but he's actually just made by wanda so why/how were they even tracking
    Maybe they're tracking Vision by a unique energy signature and not some tracking device they slapped in him?

10+ Year Old Account
    Something to think about when you come up with your theories:

Why do you assume Agnes is a villain?

Also, Age of Ultron pops up after the show (don't miss the after-credits), not a coincidence.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2021-02-26 at 10:17 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Also, Age of Ultron pops up after the show (don't miss the after-credits), not a coincidence.
    where did you see aou in the after credit? white vision is not ultron

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    I didn't say it was. AoU is the suggestion when the credits are over. On second thought it could ha e been a just a coincidence but they (Disney) also have the option to have specific suggestions show up. It's a great tie-in to the episode either way.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

15+ Year Old Account
    Still a bit lost on the yo magic commercial.

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    Think they meant suggested viewing
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2021-02-26 at 10:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

If she can literally create things from nothing, I assume she recreated Vision out of vibranium.

I have no idea if he or the children are actually real. The fact that he was disintegrating when he tried leaving the hex (like a Star Trek hologram unable to leave the holodeck) gives me pause. But since they revealed that SWORD has rebuilt his original body, seems like a safe bet right now that he's just going to end up taking possession of that, and the "real" Vision will be alive again.

The yellow effect that they showed when she was making Vision (or when he was coalescing out of her) is straight out of Age of Ultron. When Stark and Banner were looking at Ultron and JARVIS next to each other, JARVIS was the yellow one, and not Ultron...who had been created from the mind stone. I wonder if that's a deliberate nod or if they just used yellow here because it's the color of the stone.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2021-02-26 at 11:02 AM.

They are tracking the vibranium. Wanda created a new vision and since she has creationist powers she can create vibranium as well. So they were just tracking that element.

Was a bit disappointed when the big reveal of the episode was that she's the Scarlet Witch.

Clip after the credits was much more interesting. It seems they have a lot to wrap up in one episode though.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Was a bit disappointed when the big reveal of the episode was that she's the Scarlet Witch.

Clip after the credits was much more interesting. It seems they have a lot to wrap up in one episode though.
    Well I guess my action figures from 10 years ago spoiled the reveal that she's the scarlet witch - since that's how they were labeled, lol...

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post

Yea I’m like duh lol was kinda weird honestly but I liked the path to the reveal If that makes sense.

Honestly I’m not liking the whole Agnes arc it was very predictable but now it’s gotten to the oh I want your power territory. We’ll see how it goes hopefully DR strange shows up and clears the mess and perhaps we get vision back inhabiting his restored body. We’ll see.

- - - Updated - - -

Agnes is giving me serious once upon a time vibes :/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post

Honestly I’m not liking the whole Agnes arc it was very predictable but now it’s gotten to the oh I want your power territory.
    I didn’t get that vibe at all. Seemed more like she was in her mother’s position realizing someone who’s too powerful to be contained or taught. Scarlet witch appears to be some kind of witch myth, and we see the silhouette of the comic character with the mask popping up like horns when she interacts with the stone. (BTW what was pietro’s experience like if hers was so unique? The more they talk about but never have Aaron Taylor-Johnson the more it stands out. Especially since this is starting to look like AoU 2 based on he characters it’s centered around.)

Wouldn’t be shocked if Agatha ends up mentoring her like she does in the comics, doing for Wanda what her mother wouldn’t do for her.
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2021-02-26 at 01:22 PM.
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Yea I’m like duh lol was kinda weird honestly but I liked the path to the reveal If that makes sense.

Honestly I’m not liking the whole Agnes arc it was very predictable but now it’s gotten to the oh I want your power territory. We’ll see how it goes hopefully DR strange shows up and clears the mess and perhaps we get vision back inhabiting his restored body. We’ll see.

- - - Updated - - -

Agnes is giving me serious once upon a time vibes :/
    She does have a once upon thing going on...

Anywho:

1. I guess it is the story that the title Scarlet Witch was her "True Mother" - which would be the image she saw from the Mind Stone (I'll assume). It just came off as weird because a. We already know that and b. it came off kinda like an initial titling of Wanda rather than a Title.

2. I'm not sure yet if it's clear that Agnes is going to be ditching the eventual teaching aspect of her character. Although the end part with her purple ropes makes it seem pretty obvious she'll just be 'evil,' it could still turn around... though it seems doubtful, as they took a very direct approach to the story that we had hoped for so many more twists and turns...

didn’t get that vibe at all. Seemed more like she was in her mother’s position realizing someone who’s too powerful to be contained or taught. Scarlet witch appears to be some kind of witch myth, and we see the silhouette of the comic character with the mask popping up like horns.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Natal...ff_(Earth-616)
    Her title, the Scarlet Witch, which her daughter inherited, had been passed down throughout the history of her family.

Seems they're taking that and just expanding it to be, like you said, witch myth.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    I didn’t get that vibe at all. Seemed more like she was in her mother’s position realizing someone who’s too powerful to be contained or taught. Scarlet witch appears to be some kind of witch myth, and we see the silhouette of the comic character with the mask popping up like horns when she interacts with the stone. (BTW what was pietro’s experience like if hers was so unique? The more they talk about but never have Aaron Taylor-Johnson the more it stands out. Especially since this is starting to look like AoU 2 based on he characters it’s centered around.)

Wouldn’t be shocked if Agatha ends up mentoring her like she does in the comics, doing for Wanda what her mother wouldn’t do for her.
    Yea but her chocking the kids doesn't scream teacher to me. Agnes backstory tells me she's pretty much the evil comic book version. She mentions several times how her powers are inferior to Wanda's and to the point that she wants to know where her power originated from. Until more is revealed i can't see her as a benign force, nothing has been presented yet to show that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    So Wanda was always a witch and the stone just amplified her latent and untrained abilities. Fun times.
    Well that's what the mind stone does. It amplifies what's already there. For example, the Dr from Avengers/Thor was able to gain more knowledge on the Tessearct because the Mind stone enhanced his already brilliant mind to a higher level. Hawkeye gained even greater focus while being influenced. Ultron was a failure up until the mind stone did its magic and completed the "AI". Vision wasn't complete until the stone was placed on his head. And for wanda, her latent powers were enhanced by it. The reason why i thought that form the beginning was that it never made sense to me that the mind stone would give reality warping powers to Wanda. That's something that the reality gem would do. But enhancement is what the mind stone does and it makes sense even more now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yea but her chocking the kids doesn't scream teacher to me. Agnes backstory tells me she's pretty much the evil comic book version. She mentions several times how her powers are inferior to Wanda's and to the point that she wants to know where her power originated from. Until more is revealed i can't see her as a benign force, nothing has been presented yet to show that.
    The only villainous thing I'd say she's done is kill Sparky. Wanda's "kids" aren't actually kids.