Page 36 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    Carol Danvers : There are a lot of other planets in the universe, and, unfortunately, they didn't have you guys.
    Me: "So the Infinity Stones all at once aren't a universal problem?"

Not hating on Brie I just wanted to be a smartass and what I would say. >.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    So we are back to it being All Wanda? That Agatha really has just been interfering, but Wanda really is the one who created the Hex and is controlling al the people.

Hell of a rollercoaster!
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    So we are back to it being All Wanda? That Agatha really has just been interfering, but Wanda really is the one who created the Hex and is controlling al the people.

Hell of a rollercoaster!
    Right when I was just opening up to the idea she wasn't the creator of the Hex too.
    I'm a thread killer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    She was baited into it, tbf. The idea was seeded and she eventually just put things in motion.
    That wasn't what was shown in the episode at all. Agatha had no idea about Wanda until the Hex was created. She said she sensed this immense magic and came to investigate. She had been interfering to try to push Wanda towards revealing how she did it.

The entire episode was Agatha going through Wanda's past to understand how she could be powerful enough to not only create the barrier, but also control everyone in it, and ultimately, how she brought Vision back to life. As Agatha said, Necromancy is on a whole other level.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

15+ Year Old Account
    That wasn't what was shown in the episode at all. Agatha had no idea about Wanda until the Hex was created. She said she sensed this immense magic and came to investigate. She had been interfering to try to push Wanda towards revealing how she did it.
    I don't think they were referencing Agatha but instead Hayward. He mentions bringing Vision back to life and Wanda says that is not why she came. So he seems to have planted the idea in her head on some level. It fits with the last scene that he was trying to manipulate her so he could get his ultimate goal.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-02-26 at 06:35 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

As Agatha said, Necromancy is on a whole other level.
    She doesn't actually say that - at all. She said it was a "non-starter" because his body is on a different continent and filled with holes...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    THey were trying to stop her from continuing her evil magic. She's still alive today because she stole their combined lifeforce. In the comics she did this with children to keep herself alive. Not seeing a Mother Teresa here.
    How do you know what kind of magic Agnes was practicing or why she was even at the stake?

How do we know the nature of Wanda's kids?

The only 'knowns' is Wanda has been holding people hostages through he mind dominating, reality warping magic.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    How do you know what kind of magic Agnes was practicing or why she was even at the stake?
    That part clearly indicates she stole the knowledge (above her station and age), practiced the darkest of magic, and her own mother (either actual mother or just coven "mother") says she is incapable of being good. While it isn't specifically stated it is clear what the implications are. It is possible that it is a power inside her she couldn't control at the time sort of like with Wanda.

But in the years since it seems clear she has mastered it and has no problem with being evil at times. A product of her past? Who she always was? It depends on how they take the character. She may turn out to be a good teacher if somewhat more on the evil spectrum. Or be a bad guy that leads Wanda to a greater teacher.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-02-26 at 06:50 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    That part clearly indicates she stole the knowledge (above her station and age), practiced the darkest of magic, and her own mother (either actual mother or just coven "mother") says she is incapable of being good. While it isn't specifically stated it is clear what the implications are. It is possible that it is a power inside her she couldn't control at the time sort of like with Wanda.

But in the years since it seems clear she has mastered it and has no problem with being evil.
    Consorting with the devil (Mephisto) would be above her age and station. It would also give her the power to be essentially immortal and destroy her whole coven. I thought it interesting the coven had blue magic, distinct from all the types we've seen so far - red from SW, orange from Strange, purple from Agatha.

Also, Agatha seemed to say she didn't create Pietro. She just possessed him, "eyes and ears." Necromancy of her actual brother was out of the question, but this doesn't answer the question of who Pietro is. And since it seems like it's an active spell, the Pietro at the end of the last episode is probably not currently being controlled by Agatha, as she's busy with Wanda and not actively puppeting Pietro. Which might be the first time he's had relative freedom since first being "written in." Notably, the flashback of Wanda arriving in Westview seemed to show the regular background characters, but not Pietro, suggesting he wasn't just a guy in town Agatha possessed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post

But in the years since it seems clear she has mastered it and has no problem with being evil at times. A product of her past? Who she always was? It depends on how they take the character. She may turn out to be a good teacher if somewhat more on the evil spectrum. Or be a bad guy that leads Wanda to a greater teacher.
    Wasn't Wanda once viewed as evil and mistrusted? Too powerful for her everyone else own good? As someone with great power and responsibility, how would react to a witch who happens up a ton, forces everyone to be a part of her fantasy world, and even create life?

==============================

On another note. Hayward has had a very distinct character trait throughout the series. It showed up a few times and popped up again in this episode. It doesn't just manifest itself when he speaks to Wanda.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2021-02-26 at 07:05 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    As we circle back to Hayward being the biggest bad it makes me wonder why he sent Monica there. A test? Did they just not know it was Wanda yet? I can’t remember if they had visual inside the hex until after Monica showed up, with Darcy finding the channel and Monica getting in with the helicopter then herself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    As we circle back to Hayward being the biggest bad it makes me wonder why he sent Monica there. A test? Did they just not know it was Wanda yet? I can’t remember if they had visual inside the hex until after Monica showed up, with Darcy finding the channel and Monica getting in with the helicopter then herself.
    Perhaps she was an outlier in his plans and he wanted to test her loyalty. See if she would follow orders or go against them.

I'm honestly wondering if the deed/title to the plot in Westview in Wanda's car was placed there by someone. She seemed to look at it quizzically, as if she didn't know it was there at first.
    Last edited by Lothaeryn; 2021-02-26 at 07:22 PM.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Agatha isn't the one that baited Wanda. Hayward is. He straight up tells her she has the power to bring Vision back.

- - - Updated - - -

He probably saw it as a way to get rid of her. Her being the daughter of the founder of SWORD makes her a threat to him.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

It's pretty much blatantly obvious.... he needed her to attack something with her power or use her power on something enough to harness enough to activate his toy. He tried her first because they didn't know they could get a drone in there eventually so why not her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Agatha isn't the one that baited Wanda. Hayward is. He straight up tells her she has the power to bring Vision back.

- - - Updated - - -

He probably saw it as a way to get rid of her. Her being the daughter of the founder of SWORD makes her a threat to him.
    His interactions with Wanda and Monica share similarities.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean this episode makes it BLATANTLY clear that Agatha had no clue what the extent or source of Wanda's powers were and was just curious as to how a ridiculously powerful *what she would consider* witch just showed up doing all of this. Previously she was just telekinesis and a little mind gaming. I mean she literally says it was the reason she made Fietro so she could try to get information so when she asked "You can?!?" when the kids said she could bring back the dead, she literally was asking.

At this point though I feel Hayward is just an Iron Man movies level villain and possibly Hydra since AoS isn't canon that might be a little more cunning than Hammer or the others.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    I mean this episode makes it BLATANTLY clear that Agatha had no clue what the extent or source of Wanda's powers were and was just curious as to how a ridiculously powerful *what she would consider* witch just showed up doing all of this. Previously she was just telekinesis and a little mind gaming. I mean she literally says it was the reason she made Fietro so she could try to get information so when she asked "You can?!?" when the kids said she could bring back the dead, she literally was asking.
    No one was suggesting that Agatha was the one doing the baiting though. Hayward was.

At this point though I feel Hayward is just an Iron Man movies level villain and possibly Hydra since AoS isn't canon that might be a little more cunning than Hammer or the others.
    AoS is canon. It's mostly one-sided...just like Netflix's Marvel shows...but they all exist in the same Universe.

That's how Fury got his Helicarrier in Age of Ultron.

- - - Updated - - -

His interactions with Wanda and Monica share similarities.
    His interactions with everyone share similarities. People are either useful to him or they are in his way. If they are in his way...he's going to do what he can to sideline them.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Ok, so that was something! I guess Wanda really isn't puppetting around Vision or created a mindstone-faksimile for him, she instead just created her own Vision. Huh!

So as for Pietro, I still think he was someone sent by the TVA, maybe to ask exactly the questions Agatha wanted an answer to too and she latched onto him to listen and see. She only refers to him as her 'eyes and ears' and we still have the fact that the breach alarm went off when Peter appeared. He came from outside.

Next thing, Hayward. I start thinking is really is a lot more involved even with the magical side of this whole thing, because to me it seemed that he was the one suggesting to Wanda that she might even have the power to bring Vision back and seemed surprised/taken aback when she hadn't even thought of that. He was trying to push her towards using her magic, either for trying to bring him back or to steal him/attack them. Because he already knew he needed her powers to power his version of Vision. The Vision lying on the table is probably fake. He is too red and him just lying there right beside Hayward's office seems so much like a prop for Wanda to come get him.
    What that together with his insistent questioning in the 4th (?) episode about her 'nickname' seems to imply is that he already knows who she is and what she is capable of, even if she doesn't yet (and neither does Agatha before ep 8). He does in both cases (ep 4 and 8) seems surprised that no one else seems to know, be that Wanda or Jimmy Woo.

And the Bunny. Whoa, that is some killer bunny right there. Wanda notices, but Agatha interferes and turns her attention away from it almost immediately. There must be something up with that.

How do we know the nature of Wanda's kids?

The only 'knowns' is Wanda has been holding people hostages through he mind dominating, reality warping magic.
    She's done this in the comics, and there's enough statements made by the very people she took the life force from to make it pretty conclusive.

Darcy/Photon both confirmed that what they experienced was real, it's not some illusion. In the hex, those kids and vision are real. There's more than enough references and details to support this.

How would he even know that? I know he said it. This entire bit was very suspicious.