Page 42 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    And then there's Larson. Like, maybe it's just me, but while I've heard her name before once or twice... I'm not sure she's been considered as a household name before
    just becuase u dont like her doesnt mean she wasnt a big before marvel because sehe was:
    Larson has received an Academy Award, a Golden Globe Award, a Screen Actors Guild Award, and a British Academy Film Award, among other accolades, for her performance in Room.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Why do y'all give a shit about semantics so much? Knock that shit off. It's boring as hell. Narratively, it doesn't matter if Vision is falling apart or being ripped apart.

The narrative focus is that he can't survive leaving the Hex, Wanda knows that because she created him, and she expands the Hex greatly to ensure he's safe.

Y'all arguing about definitions is like missing the forest for the trees. It's like y'all don't understand storytelling at all.
    Taking down Endus from his high-shitting (sic) throne, when he plays "know-it-all" is never boring.

Endus is best when sharing his insight or ideas about narratives or stories or plots.

But he's absolutely despicable to me (and, i assume, to many more) when he thinks he can use sophism when arguing (in the sense of discussion, not quarrel) about something. Some people can see through that.

Flaming isn't allowed. Infracted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nastard View Post
    Three undeniable reasons why Agnes is a villain:

1. She has a small white pet that she gently strokes while monologuing.
    2. She killed a puppy
    3. Disney gave her the best song
    Man, you got it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Worth Knowing View Post
    Agatha only said she possessed him (and it's "faux," by the way, not "fox").
    You're missing the point. He is the FOX X-Men Universe version of Quicksilver.

Fox refers to the movie studios that cast him, doesn't mean someone misspelled "faux"=fake Pietro

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    just becuase u dont like her doesnt mean she wasnt a big before marvel because sehe was:
    Larson has received an Academy Award, a Golden Globe Award, a Screen Actors Guild Award, and a British Academy Film Award, among other accolades, for her performance in Room.
    Sure, but she wasn't really popular or famous even after those.

RDJ has had a career reboot and he was really really successful and popular in both careers
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2021-02-27 at 06:25 PM.
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Just nerds being nerds. At times, they'll argue over the smallest things they can. Everyone has to get that perceived "win" when chatting shit at each other online, too, ofc.
    Again, you being too dense to understand what the conversation demonstrates that you're the problem, not the conversation itself.

This isn't a semantic over words. It's what those words fucking mean to the scene in question. Again: Vision wasn't being kept alive by the Hex. He wasn't an illusion. He didn't drop into a pile of parts when he left the Hex. Nope, the Hex was trying to pull him back in, and he was fighting against it; and THAT is what was ripping him apart.

I'm not sure what's so hard to grasp about that, or how you think both things mean exactly the same thing. But again, that demonstrates your lack of brain power, not the conversation itself.

Flaming isn't allowed. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2021-02-27 at 06:26 PM.

Ok, so the latest Mr Sunday Movies "shoot the shit about this half hour show for a half hour on youtube" video came out not long ago, and it included something I found pretty funny, and I had to share (no, not the part about the rats):

Check it out. Don't worry, it's just a couple minutes.

As a slightly sadistic piece of shit who enjoyed the reaction to the Mandarin bait-and-switch in IM3, I think this too would be pretty great after people's imagination had been running wild for so long.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2021-02-27 at 03:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Ok, so the latest Mr Sunday Movies "shoot the shit about this half hour show for a half hour on youtube" video came out not long ago, and it included something I found pretty funny, and I had to share (no, not the part about the rats):

As a slightly sadistic piece of shit who enjoyed the reaction to the Mandarin bait-and-switch in IM3, I think this too would be pretty great after people's imagination had been running wild for so long.
    OMG that would be a massive trolling I think the internet would start spitting fire. Nice entertainment but....fans might not like that reveal.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Byuiso View Post
    Tony and Captain America had no problem defying the government when they felt the government was not doing the right thing. Especially Captain America who had a built mistrust of the government and was a fugitive.

Let’s say Tony fell into a depression or isolation and that’s why he didn’t stop Heyward, Captain America however would never just leave Visions body. Captain America had no problem openly defying the government to rescue the Avengers from the government.

Anyways a majority of the Avengers did not care to oppose the government.
    I mean, you're making a big assumption that the Avengers would even know anything about what SWORD was doing.

And I really don't think they would spend resources on fighting the government when all of society is crumbling around them.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

15+ Year Old Account

Lol that would be sneaky but disappointing. Maybe it would be more okay in future viewings when we know not to expect anyone. I loved Trevor from his first reveal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

I thought it was a good gag initially... but also a little disappointed that we weren't going to get the "real" Mandarin. Which made me happy when they released the "All hail the King" one-shot. And even more happy when they revealed the full title of the Shang Chi film.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

I understood perfectly what the conversation was about. It just isn't all the important.
    Ah, nevermind, I'll just stop reading anything you type there. (I'm sure it wasn't all that important anyway.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I saw zero evidence that he was actually being pulled back in.
    Then you either didn't see the scene, are blind, or are an idiot. Because it's plainly obvious it was pulling him, no matter what you think. You might as well be a Flat Earther or Anti-Vaxxer at this point screaming about how you didn't see any evidence about a global Earth or the fact that vaccinations work and aren't an evil plot to put microchips in you or whatever other stupid shit similar people think.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    - Users were discussing if Agnes is actually evil, and Sparky being killed by her was brought up as being an evil act, therefore she must be. I disagree if the dog was really just a bug.... or as Endus mentioned, just an illusion.
    Annnnnd that explains why killing a creature is evil but killing a creature isn't evil, how exactly?

- When she turns the insect into a bird, it flutters around the room and makes bird sounds, just like a bird. We’ve seen nothing to suggest that the transformed bug would continue to act like a bug. It acted like a bird.
    Stop the presses, a flying creature that makes noise made noise and flew around!

- Of course I’m assuming - I said probably and I think. Nothing was stated as facts by me lol.[/QUOTE]
    I'll take "things people say when put on the spot, but totally didn't mean when they said it first" for $1000, Alex.

And stop assuming my gender.

Ah, nevermind, I'll just stop reading anything you type there. (I'm sure it wasn't all that important anyway.)

Then you either didn't see the scene, are blind, or are an idiot.
    Maybe try dialing it back a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

So, you're basically just a petulant little cunt not worth engaging. Noted.
    You should probably dial it back as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    I saw zero evidence that he was actually being pulled back in. I saw him being ripped apart and Wiccan crying out that he was dying. Wanda then expanded the hex to include where he was and he was saved. Whether or not he would have simply reconstituted back inside the hex is somewhat debatable, but we have zero evidence he would have survived without Wanda’s intervention.
    You can see pieces of him being pulled back into the hex. It seems pretty hard to miss since you see the pieces fly back including yellow "energy" streams coming off of Vision that flow in the direction of the Hex. What we don't know is why it happened. It is possible he can leave the Hex just fine and that it was Agatha that started to rip him apart. After all he did just spill his plan to her not long before he did it.

Given what we know about her spying abilities it is possible she saw it as a way to get rid of Vision so she could plant a "body double" to reveal the secrets she wanted from Wanda.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Yes it does. It's a huge difference. He didn't die when he left the Hex. The Hex was killing him by dragging him back against his will, rather than him poofing into dust or dropping the second he left and reverting to the illusory Dead Vision that Agatha created to spook Wanda. Him surviving even a nanosecond outside of the Hex proves that he was fully re-created by Wanda, and not just an illusion she created as a figment of her imagination.

Also there's no indication that anything she's done so far is a mere illusion except changing her own appearance (which did disappear the second she left the Hex), but rather transformation/creation. Hence why everything remains in the new form when it leaves the Hex, rather than poofing back to normal when it leaves. Even for an instance or by so much as a Planck's length, you'll note.

Only if you don't know what the forest even is in the first place, oh great and powerful intellect who doesn't even know what he's complaining about.
    Your second paragraph proves we already knew that through other narrative devices already. Hell, I knew that the previous episode when they ended on whether she could actually control Vision or not. She couldn't- all she could do was abruptly end the show. That's more than enough to show he was fully realized Vision, and not some illusion.

Plus, it's not his survival outside the Hex which shows it's real - it's his insistence on going out to beg for help. All in all, the free moments he would have survived outside the Hex is irrelevant except to show he's the good, pure-hearted Vision - which we already knew from his already growing conflict with Wanda.

I forgot the ol' "C word" doesn't do well outside of places like the UK and Australia lol
    It's not the "c word" itself that's the problem

You've been around long enough to know that personal attacks are against the rules.

15+ Year Old Account
    I saw zero evidence that he was actually being pulled back in. I saw him being ripped apart and Wiccan crying out that he was dying. Wanda then expanded the hex to include where he was and he was saved. Whether or not he would have simply reconstituted back inside the hex is somewhat debatable, but we have zero evidence he would have survived without Wanda’s intervention.
    The pieces that fly off him are immediately sucked back into the barrier like a magnet so I always took it as him fighting that kind of suction. Whether he was dead or a husk or just exhausted or needed an oil canon once penetrating the real world I have no theory. However once he dropped a few feet away the pull seemed to end. Knowing now that she didn’t revive his actual body but remade him makes it interesting that he remained material outside the hex.
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2021-02-27 at 05:51 PM.
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

I see pieces being ripped off and absorbed by the hex. I didn’t see him reconstituted on the other side until the boundary expanded to where he was.

Gonna check what color is ripping him apart. Yep, red magic and the pieces are destroyed and absorbed by the barrier of the hex. No indication he was being pulled in, he was being ripped apart.
    He's being ripped apart because he's resisting being pulled back into the Hex. Every step he takes he is meeting resistance. You can even see his cape is flying straight back towards the hex.

We literally see the pieces exploding on the barrier as they’re sucked back in. It was ripping him to pieces because he was fighting the suction, but I see no evidence he would have survived if it ripped him to pieces and Wanda didn’t expand the barrier.
    Well, you just admitted that he was being pulled back in.

When she was recreating him, you could see some of the energy turn yellow (same as the infinity stone) during the process. I assume she absorbed some of the stone's energy when she was originally exposed to it (thus letting her be the Scarlet Witch?), so I assume there is at least some power there.
    Those are different infinity stones I do believe. Vision was created with the mind stone and the one that Wanda first connected with was the power stone(I think). I mean story telling wise I'm not sure it makes a difference but I'm not entirely sure that Vision truly needed the soul stone in order to inhabit a body.

Being ripped to pieces isn’t the same as being pulled back in. Especially when said pieces are exploding when they hit the barrier.
    But we can at least agree that there is a force that is pulling towards the hex.

15+ Year Old Account
    We literally see the pieces exploding on the barrier as they’re sucked back in. It was ripping him to pieces because he was fighting the suction, but I see no evidence he would have survived if it ripped him to pieces and Wanda didn’t expand the barrier.
    I was going to add a ss but apparently D+ blocks using them on the iPad app.

Either way it looks like you’re right, he never stops being de-digitized until the barrier passes back over him. In my memory the suction ended but on further review the trail is still there, just thinner, and it slows down once he slumps, probably more because the focus of the scene changes than anything.like how a 10 second bomb timer will only go down 2 seconds despite spending 5 seconds of showing other shit happening.

Nope. Both the mind stone. They got it from the Strucker raid at the beginning of the movie and used it to make vision. Hell, we see it was the mind stone IN Wandavision. Not sure why you’re throwing the soul stone into the mix.
    I meant mindstone when I typed soulstone.