Page 47 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    The Monica scene is about the space/ SWORD base we saw Nick Fury in the end of Far From Home.

The second one is Wanda reading the Darkhold book which contains some very powerful magic/spells and will lead into Dr Strange - Multiverse of Madness

- - - Updated - - -

What didn't get resolved or brushed aside?
    For instance who was the missing person/witness? Where did the actual Vision go? How was there a fucking witch cave underneath the house and how did Vision (if it was Vision) a lot there?

I also disliked that in the end Wanda just simply accepts that her children vanishes. Felt like the whole story line with the kids was pointless. Aswell as with the fake Pietro.

In the end they just went the lazy route. Agatha was the big bad, have a fight scene and end the series. Thats it.

Oh boy. If you've watched Agents of SHIELD you'll know just how unfortunate that second post-credits scene is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    For instance who was the missing person/witness? Where did the actual Vision go? How was there a fucking witch cave underneath the house and how did Vision (if it was Vision) a lot there?

I also disliked that in the end Wanda just simply accepts that her children vanishes. Felt like the whole story line with the kids was pointless. Aswell as with the fake Pietro.

In the end they just went the lazy route. Agatha was the big bad, have a fight scene and end the series. Thats it.
    The missing person was no one important. Just something to get Jimmy, Monica and the rest of SWORD there. They had no idea that Wanda was there and had created this pocket dimension. So just a plot point to get them there.

Is it important to know where he went now? Did you ask the same question at the end of Civil War when Cap broke everyone out from the RAFT prison? He will come back and prob get some line were he says where he went.

A cave? It was a basement. Google it if you don't know what a basement is.
    And yes, Vision could have bought a lot there before the events of IW.

Yes and no. She realized she had to let them go. However we do hear their voices again in the last credit scene when we see Wanda reading from the Darkhold.
    So my bet is that it will lead into Dr Strange 2.

I never thought Evan peters was the real nor X-men version of Pietro. Just Feige having some fun and messing with the fans that deep dive into anything they see. But I can understand you on this one. However it was just "pointless". It did get resolved in the end.

I'm happy that Wanda atleast did have to sacrifice her family. I also do like that they kept Agatha alive so she can come back later. Be like a Loki, is she good, is she bad, or maybe just care for herself and will do anything to survive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Oh boy. If you've watched Agents of SHIELD you'll know just how unfortunate that second post-credits scene is.
    Well the Darkhold doesn't even look like the one in AoS so my bet still stands that AoS takes place in an alternative universe. Even the last 2-3 seasons of AoS didn't even mention anything about 50% of the worlds population disapear etc.

That's like...character development 101.

Her unwillingness to accept/face the losses she's suffered was what caused her to take an entire town hostage in the first place (even if she didn't realize that's what she was doing at first). It then caused her to justify keeping them hostage until the pain she was causing them was literally staring her in the face.

Had she not be willing to let go of this family she created, she'd be no different at the end of the story than she was at the beginning, and then it would have all been entirely pointless.

Well the Darkhold doesn't even look like the one in AoS so my bet still stands that AoS takes place in an alternative universe. Even the last 2-3 seasons of AoS didn't even mention anything about 50% of the worlds population disapear etc.
    It's a magical book of evil that can change its contents to corrupt the reader. Are you telling me straight up that it's simply impossible for such a powerful item to maybe also be able to change its outside too?

And yeah, I know this does nothing to strengthen nor weaken any theories as to whether AoS is canon or not. But it is clearly still the book of the damned in this incarnation. Reading it is bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a magical book of evil that can change its contents to corrupt the reader. Are you telling me straight up that it's simply impossible for such a powerful item to maybe also be able to change its outside too?

And yeah, I know this does nothing to strengthen nor weaken any theories as to whether AoS is canon or not. But it is clearly still the book of the damned in this incarnation. Reading it is bad.
    I just tought you also implied some deeper connection to AoS xD Yes, having Wanda reading it is very, very bad and I am fucking excited to see where it's gonna lead.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    that particular thing also makes an appearance in The Runaways, not that I've seen it appear yet I am a bit behind

I just tought you also implied some deeper connection to AoS xD Yes, having Wanda reading it is very, very bad and I am fucking excited to see where it's gonna lead.
    Well, if they keep the implications of reading the book that were established in AoS, then Wanda is screwed.

Lucy Bauer and 3/4 other scientists: Turned into "ghosts" and then incinerated by Ghost Rider.
    Joseph Bauer: Beaten into a coma, only to be awoken by his ghost wife 10 years later and then immediately dying of his brain bleeding out of everywhere.
    Eli Morrow: Irradiated and taken to Hell by Ghost Rider.
    Radcliffe: Murdered by his android assistant and eventually having his consciousness erased from the digital hellscape he created.
    AIDA (who wasn't even freaking human or otherwise an organic entity at the time!): Incinerated by Ghost Rider.

I haven't watched Runaways but I think the person with the Darkhold gets banished or something?

And now Agatha is forever(?) unwillingly stuck in the role she played to try and grab Wanda's power.

Reading the book is blasting your brain with the darkest secrets of the universe, giving you untold power and knowledge, only for you to fail miserably in the end. And of course inflicting suffering on everyone around you in the process.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

end of season 5 they directly reference Thanos - Talbot says he is going to go through the planet after absorbing Quake; that is why in the future she was blamed for splitting the planet in half. Season 6 mostly happens in outer space but no they don't reference the snap as far as I can remember and Season 7 they are first jumping back and forth through time and then I think there was an alternate universe in there somewhere; I'm not quite sure

Quite liked it overall. The ending tied it up nicely - Overall Wanda letting go of her grief and selfishness around it. Vision is back out there again.. in some capacity.

A few things though -

1) They shouldn't have done the after credits clips. Most people I know didn't know they were even there so white Visions inclusion is going to be random as hell for a lot of viewers.

2) Wandavision would have benefitted MASSIVELY from being able to binge the entire series in one go. The plodding nature of the early episodes wouldn't have been such an issue, and extending it caused people to seriously overthink it all. I understand why the creator this past few days has seemed to be worried that people would

3) Monica was cool, but shoehorning in her origin story left it feeling like just half a story there for her, with no real explanation of what her powers are or aren't now or exactly how it was caused by the barrier.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

I guess it's okay to kidnap and torture a whole town for months because you're sad.

And you know what was missing from Marvel stuff? A character fighting a version of themselves so I'm glad we got to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    I guess it's okay to kidnap and torture a whole town for months because you're sad.
    Whether or not it's "ok" is pretty irrelevant. Even if some governmental body wanted to punish her somehow...who would they get to do it? She's the most powerful person on the planet at the moment, isn't she? And it's not like someone could call up the Avengers to deal with her as a group, anymore...

I have no idea what the studio has planned, but it could very well be that her magical shenanigans (and the presumed necessity to put an end to them before she does more damage than she's already done) are why Strange enters the picture.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2021-03-05 at 03:29 PM.

The series is kinda using The 5 stages of grief as an underlaying theme, so in the end she overcome The fifth stage: acceptance. Accepting her loss, and that she cant change it - hence the children had to go, as they were a part of her ‘dreamlife’ so to say. It seems like both vision and the kids were somehow parts of wanda that she split from herself and reclaimed at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Whether or not it's "ok" is pretty irrelevant. Even if some governmental body wanted to punish her somehow...who would they get to do it? She's the most powerful person on the planet at the moment, isn't she? And it's not like someone could call up the Avengers to deal with her as a group, anymore...
    It wasn't about her being arrested or something. She wasn't sorry for what she did and Monica said she understood. The show was telling us it was okay. They even had the people that wanted to stop her be the bad guys.

Maybe the point was to get me to really hate Wanda, and if so, they did a good job.
    Last edited by Nellise; 2021-03-05 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    The show was telling us it was okay.

The show is telling you that a woman who lost her mother to cancer can empathize with the feelings of another woman who saw the person she loved have his brain essentially ripped from his skull by an intergalactic madman.

You'd think that the scene were she started choking everyone around her to death out of anger/fear, only to immediately try and let them finally escape might have been a clue that maybe things weren't quite "ok" in this situation...

I mean hell, even Agatha said that the fate Wanda had planned for her was intentionally cruel, and the very last shot in the show is her reading from...what...the Book of the Damned or something equally sinister sounding.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2021-03-05 at 04:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

The show is telling you that a woman who lost her mother to cancer can empathize with the feelings of another woman who saw the person she loved have his brain essentially ripped from his skull by an intergalactic madman.

You'd think that the scene were she started choking everyone around her to death out of anger/fear, only to immediately try and let them finally escape might have been a clue that maybe things weren't quite "ok" in this situation...

I mean hell, even Agatha said that the fate Wanda had planned for her was intentionally cruel, and the very last shot in the show is her reading from...what...the Book of the Damned or something equally sinister sounding.
    I think she will have to deal with the consequences of what she said, I don't see her doing a villain route. The end seemed to show she's in this grey area and well Dr Strange 2 is coming she will have to learn a bit or at least gain some control and maybe lighten up a little bit. I expect a bit of arguments between the two.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

That's like...character development 101.

Her unwillingness to accept/face the losses she's suffered was what caused her to take an entire town hostage in the first place (even if she didn't realize that's what she was doing at first). It then caused her to justify keeping them hostage until the pain she was causing them was literally staring her in the face.

Had she not be willing to let go of this family she created, she'd be no different at the end of the story than she was at the beginning, and then it would have all been entirely pointless.
    Funny thing about this is that she still wasn't entirely willing to let go as evidenced by the second credits scene implying she is using the Darkhold to find a way to bring them back.

Seen a lot of people not give the second credits scene a thorough look and I guess that could make sense if you stayed up late local time to watch (in the US). There is a *lot* going on there though:
    - backdrop is very obviously a throwback to Hulk's self-imposed seclusion at the end of his solo film where he tries to master the transformation
    - Strange's theme plays in a slower and darker tone through the scene
    - Wanda appears to be living a life of solitude
    - Wanda is actually using the previous point as a front while she *consciously* uses her astral form to research the Darkhold in the back of her cabin; even Strange to this point has not been shown to be able to control his astral form and remain conscious in his physical form

Overall the ending is a let-down if people were looking for one of the many fan theories to be proven true, but I was happy with how it went. I think it sets up her formal entry into the MCU as Scarlet Witch in Doctor Strange 2 extremely well as long as you include the second credits scene's context. Excited to see where they take her in that movie. (I also have a feeling that Loki's series will have some sort of consequence that also gets dealt with in that movie, but time will tell.)
    Last edited by The Cheat; 2021-03-05 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Funny thing about this is that she still wasn't entirely willing to let go as evidenced by the second credits scene implying she is using the Darkhold to find a way to bring them back.
    Not necessarily. It could just as easily be temptation/manipulation from whichever dark forces surround/control the book or the magic it taps into.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am really hoping they find a way to do a second season. The TV show format allows for so much more then a movie can convey and there can be a lot to work with here.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The Scarlet Witch outfit is dope and fits nicely with the rest of the MCU aestheic.
    Whatever one thinks of the series, I hope everyone can agree on this point! Bold of you to presume Black Widow will be released so soon, however.

I thought the ending was as good as could be expected based on the lead-up. I’m thankful they didn’t kill Agatha, she was too much fun even if she got less interesting in the last 2 episodes.

Overall I felt this was a nice character piece for Wanda and put more things in motion than it started with, which is almost standard comic book fare. Bummed at the stunt casting, annoyed at some tropes, more respect for Olson and Bettany as actors. Overall a satisfying series.

However, What she did to Westview needs to be a seminal event in the MCU, right up there with Sokovia. “Hero” enslaved a town for 2?-ish weeks because she was sad. If the MCU had mutants this would be an awesome way to stir up anti-mutant hysteria(tm).