Page 49 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Are her kids "out there" though? The clip we hear in the end credits is just an echo of things they've already said. From literally earlier in the episode, as if it was a memory.
    Why not? Wanda says Vision is a sliver of the Mindstone from her. Her kids would be the same and the show pretty much foreshadows the family getting back together with the goodbye and hello again line.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Maybe I am remembering wrong but wasn't the Days of future past Quicksilver shown to live in Maryland? The baseball player on the attic wall in Wandavision was of a Orioles player. Sure a New Jersey person can like whatever baseball team they want but it could be something. And as I said previously the scene just feels like "Witness protection" to me.

- - - Updated - - -

There were more hidden messages though like the clock positions that someone decoded as X-men. Casting him openly like that? Sure a misdirect. But there are a lot of little things that could point to it actually being an X-men. But you just seem convinced to hate something about the show rather then discussing potentials. In the end anything we discuss here won't mean much at all. So it is weird you dismiss only the things you don't like while doing exactly what you call others out for doing right?
    I think you're skipping over the fact that I liked this show. Very much. It was well-acted, and a great insight into the character.

I just didn't think it stuck the landing. It didn't pay off everything it should have paid off, and I think it did some things deliberately to troll or misdirect. For example, maybe you're right and they're still waiting to pay off Ralph Boehner. I'm sure the people who make this their living will run with your idea about the Orioles player. But if it turns out that he's just a guy named Ralph Boehner this whole time, then the whole storyline could have been done with a third, unknown/unrelated actor. But it wasn't.

Maybe I expected this show to "tie-in" more, or stand alone on its own more, but it feels cheap to me if Ralph shows up in a future Marvel X-Men thing and says, "Surprise, I really was Quicksilver!"

Edit: as to your criticism of my critique: I'm discussing how the show narratively unfolded (or failed to unfold). Y'all were debating the difference between being "ripped apart" vs. "crumbling," when narratively, it didn't make a lick of difference.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2021-03-05 at 07:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    It's not really fair to say she "blew up a building"... She was trying to get the explosion away from people. Crossbones was going to explode anyway...and people would have died either way.

The other two are problematic...but circumstances are somewhat mitigating. It was never her intent to hurt anyone in Westview. Not saying that what she did was right...but she was in the middle of a mental break...she wasn't even really truly aware of what she had done for most of the series.

And she's an Avenger cuz she did help save the world a couple times. Compared to that, what's the unintentional torture of a small New Jersey town really worth? :P
    Oh, it's totally fair. She blew up a bldg. Of course she didn't mean to, nor did she mean to mind screw all those townsfolk, but that's the problematic part. She's not a villain but the collateral damage continues to pile up.

Any rate, it wasn't a criticism. I like how Wanda is coming along. She's interesting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    White Vision imo will become a new character of sorts and will not lead to a reunion with Wanda but will go on to be his own vision (no pun intended).
    A lot of split in those personalities.

Mind stone > ultron > ultron+jarvis ÷ 2 > vision > wision > wision+vision > ??
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

6/10

Overall i enjoyed this series, but it lacks action and only begins to get interesting towards the second half. The sitcom thing was fun for just one episode, IMHO.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    Oh, it's totally fair. She blew up a bldg. Of course she didn't mean to, nor did she mean to mind screw all those townsfolk, but that's the problematic part. She's not a villain but the collateral damage continues to pile up.

Any rate, it wasn't a criticism. I like how Wanda is coming along. She's interesting.
    Not disagreeing or trying to one-up or argue, just want to share something I always liked that I never see mentioned.

Earlier in that CW scene Crossbones throws a sticky bomb on caps shield and he immediately throws it in the air to remove the blast. Wanda does the exact same thing with Crossbones but he had a bigger blast radius and happened to be next to a building. Training and stuff was never the issue, just circumstances.
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Edit: as to your criticism of my critique: I'm discussing how the show narratively unfolded (or failed to unfold). Y'all were debating the difference between being "ripped apart" vs. "crumbling," when narratively, it didn't make a lick of difference.
    Fan theories don't make a lick of difference to the narrative of the show either but you complained how how it destroyed them. Do as I say not as I do right?

Why would it turning about to a different universe quicksilver in witness protection with the FBI turn out to be cheap? It is a pretty good casual introduction to X-men mutants suddenly being in the MCU. That the FBI has known about them and been protecting them for a while with a tie in to future phase 4 content. You keep calling the narrative bad because it has a lot of unresolved story elements. But that was part of the point of the show and the early phase 4 content. To help introduce and set up the future plots.

We already knew from the get go that Wandavision would help set up the next Dr. Strange movie. So why is it bad that they actually did set up future stuff with a good story?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    I think most of the people on the "good side" don't really hold it against her since most of the super heroes have collateral damage. She just happened to do it at a time the world governments were keen on restricting super powers and she wasn't that important/famous. It also helps set her story up for this show nicely so I wonder if they had this character arc in mind all along.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Tannhauser Gate theatre, uhm, that name is the space station that was destroyed by the replicants before the the start of the Blade Runner movie..

So, whatever happened to Señor Scratchy?

how did they just put together a 2nd Vision out of the blue?...that took some doing last time..
    ? It was the original vision put back together. Hayward mentions they’d taken him apart and put him back together dOzens of times so that experience explains the Speed of doing it since she left sword.

He also never took long to put together. Both ultron and vision only took a few days, though both were put together by ultron ai guiding a factory.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Training and stuff was never the issue, just circumstances.
    Well lack of training with her powers was an issue but not really her fault. It is one of the things Wandavision has pointed out. That Wanda has stumbled through life not really knowing what or how she does. Agatha on the other had was able to do a lot more surgical things. If they do a Season 2 it could bring up New Salem and have Agatha be semi-redeemed as a teacher. Wanda might be able to create a more permanent solution for her family instead of a remote cabin in the woods. As I'm assuming that location was so her "Hex" spell wouldn't hurt anyone else in the process.

I just didn't think it stuck the landing. It didn't pay off everything it should have paid off, and I think it did some things deliberately to troll or misdirect.
    I think if it had just been the stunt casting, or just been the engineer comment, or just been Bettany’s comment, then I don’t believe people would be as annoyed. Yes a bit of that is outside of the show but I’d say it still counts. Teasing the audience once, sure. Keep it up and it’s just being disrespectful of the people that are helping you make dump trucks full of money. I don’t hold the outside the show comments against the show but I understand people that would. The stunt casting was fun to an extent, but if I’m giving some kind of formal grade to the show I would deduct for that. I put this in the same category as the Mandalorian: I have some issues, but I was overall entertained, and feel the show was worth the investment of my time. To me that’s all I can hope for when it comes to entertainment.

I wonder if WandaVision will get the same hate TLJ did for subverting expectations.
    I'm sure there will be outraged youtube videos galore...but is it really the fault of the writers that people take their wild speculations so seriously?

Other than the Evan Peters casting (which I'm disappointed turned out to be nothing), there really wasn't that much actually in the show to substantiate the theories people kept coming up with. And I think the only reason there was so much guessing going on in the first place was because we couldn't just binge the whole series in a few hours the instant it was released.

10+ Year Old Account
    These last two episodes really made me fall in love with Paul Bettany. He really wasn't doing it for me in the MCU up until now. He absolutely knocked it out of the park here.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

15+ Year Old Account
    I saw on wiki f&ws has a 150 mill budget for 6 episodes. Wandavision doesn’t say but was mentioned as costing up to 25 for some eps and had 9. Bettany mentioned he thought it was clever how they used a regularly 2-2 and a half hour movie budget into almost 6 hours. You might think the b&w episodes were cheap but period stuff is spensive because of wardrobe and accuracy, same with doing high quality modern stuff in black and white because so many of those things are no longer used. Like how Disney spent a LOT of money 3D printing stuff to recreate the millennium falcon because a lot of the stuff composing it is hard to find.

Other things I noticed were Loki and what if having 2 seasons marked, and both what if seasons + she hulk being 10 episodes. With marvel never say never but I don’t see them making more wandavision. When asked about everyone involved one the writer/director/producer/feige side said they didn’t see a reason and had no plans, that strange 2 is its continuation.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I'm sure there will be outraged youtube videos galore...but is it really the fault of the writers that people take their wild speculations so seriously?

Other than the Evan Peters casting (which I'm disappointed turned out to be nothing), there really wasn't that much actually in the show to substantiate the theories people kept coming up with. And I think the only reason there was so much guessing going on in the first place was because we couldn't just binge the whole series in a few hours the instant it was released.
    Agreed on all counts. I noticed it in the rewatch. I took some notes and I’ll drop them later but I noticed how quickly the black and white stuff went away and how Hayward is barely noticeable. Glad I waited for all of Lost to end before watching that.

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    Only question. Is the method of credits, after credits scene, more credits, yet another after credits scene going to be used going forward? Because i'm not all too keen on that. Just put the ending at the end and then show the credits.
    Uh.... Have you watched any of the MCU movies after the credits? Plenty had multiple scenes after them. Literally the only one that didn't have any was Endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    The whole point of the week-to-week format is to foster that crazy discussion, and make it a "watercooler" show (LOL, as if any of us are in the office). Like GoT and LOST before it. The problem with this format is that it never pays off on all that discussion. I agree, the binge-format would have softened the blow of the lack of pay offs much better.

But Disney doesn't seem to want to do the binge format, at all. And if they're going to do a weekly format, they're going to have to pay some stuff off better.

FWIW, I prefer the week-to-week format.

Now its over it feels to me they drew some inspiration from the Yesterday Quest story-line, from around #185 to #190 of the first run of Avengers (great story btw).

The Darkhold is involved and its the first time Wanda turns evil-ish. In it, Mordred the Mystic is the one manipulating Wanda and while the role seems to have been swapped out for Agatha, Mordred is tied quite strongly to the Darhhold lore, so he could crop-up at some point down the line.

5+ Year Old Account
    since it is over, what now? she gets her own movie?

I still don't know what happened to the bunny..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    since it is over, what now? she gets her own movie?

I still don't know what happened to the bunny..
    She’s in doctor strange and the multiverse of madness movie coming out next year

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Uh.... Have you watched any of the MCU movies after the credits? Plenty had multiple scenes after them. Literally the only one that didn't have any was Endgame.
    It kinda had though, if you listen very carefully as Alan Silvestri’s score fades out, you can hear a faint clanging sound. It’s not part of the music, and it’s just faint enough that you could almost mistake it from coming from outside your theater. This is almost certainly the sound of Tony Stark forging the Mark I armor in the cave during the events of Iron Man in 2008. It’s a subtle final tribute to the hero who made the MCU possible, and a reminder of how far the MCU story has come over the last 11 years.

- - - Updated - - -

A lot of split in those personalities.

Mind stone > ultron > ultron+jarvis ÷ 2 > vision > wision > wision+vision > ??
    Even more layered, in Age of Ultron it's mentioned the personality of both Tony Stark and Bruce Banner (and with it a sense of self sacrifice / protecting others, but in case of Ultron also going to extreme measures) are part of both Ultron/Vision.

Mindstone + Tony/Bruce personality = Ultron (still unclear what triggered Ultron to have a successful integration)
    Ultron + Jarvis + more Tony/Bruce personality + synthezoid body + Mjölnir spark = Vision
    Ultron ??? by Vision = ??? Ultron (he was killed off screen, but as Vision stated he was "on the side of life", and as a synthezoid himself likely considered Ultron to be alive as well - did Vision keep a backup of Ultron?)
    Vision - Mindstone = deadVision

Mindstone essence lingering in Wanda + Memory of Vision = WandaVision

DeadVision + Mindstone essence lingering in Wanda + Tinkering by SWORD = WhiteVision + SWORD restrictions
    Wandavision + ship of Theseus thought experiment + WhiteVision - SWORD restrictions = Real Vision 2.0

Question now is, does 'Real Vision 2.0' still have a part of Ultron within him? Is this version Vision going to be a good or a bad guy, or somewhere in between?

- - - Updated - - -

She’s in doctor strange and the multiverse of madness movie coming out next year
    My guess, following also the story lore from the comics, by accepting her full potential as the Scarlet Witch she, unknowingly, lowered the barrier to let Cthon enter the physical world. Cthon is similar to Dormammu but then linked to the Chaos Dimension, where as Dormammu is linked to the Dark Dimension. In the move the sorcerrer supreme and Wanda will team up to put Cthon back in the Chaos Dimension

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ralph Bohner
    Hehehehehehehe

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    They could have. The scene with "Ralph" seems a little weird. And I would think if that was your last name your entire life you wouldn't make a boner joke. With all the hints to x-men it would be a nice subtle introduction even if directors have implied it was a casting just for misdirection.
    Very true. I think we’ve already seen a person cross over from another universe so yeah I can’t wait to see this! It’s going to be madness