Ret Legendary quick help

So i've built up mad paragon to 235 as I've mostly been doing raid content, but now im also building up tempest for mythic+ (210 currently)
    At what point is it worth swapping over to tempest as the effect (from what i've read) is best for mythic+

Simming is quite unhelpful in this regard and I read somewhere that tempest doesn't even sim that great anyway.

Any help would be great

If you're specifically looking for M+, one way to get more info is to look at what the top players are using in M+. Check for example on Subcreation and you'll see it's mostly between Tempest (47%), Magistrate (31%), and Paragon (21%). The differences probably arise from people swapping between things on Tyrannical vs. Fortified weeks.

Other than that, the usual suspects are probably your best bet, i.e. written guides and the class discords. There's usually a lot of people putting together information there (especially on the discords) so you can benefit from their collective wisdom.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't sim, but here's a rule of thumb:

Tempest scales more with more targets, and only buffs Divine Storm. Paragon is mostly for extending your single-target burst.

So it really comes down to: how much will I be pressing Divine Storm?

If the answer is 'a lot', then use Tempest (most dungeons). If the answer is 'rarely' (raid bosses), use Paragon.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    if you have both you should use each for the content it is best for regardless of what ilvl you have it at especially since you have them within 1-2 levels of each other.

Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post

If the answer is 'a lot', then use Tempest (most dungeons). If the answer is 'rarely' (raid bosses), use Paragon.
    This sums it up quite nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    I don't sim, but here's a rule of thumb:

Tempest scales more with more targets, and only buffs Divine Storm. Paragon is mostly for extending your single-target burst.

As I mentioned in another thread Mad Paragon is great if you run Sanctified Wrath which is AOE also. That combo can outperform Tempest in M+.

Plus the value of tempest like you mentioned is limited in M+ being you're pulling 4 to 5 adds at a time anyway. You're not pulling 7 or 10 thats either a wipe or just too much time off the clock.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    If you're specifically looking for M+, one way to get more info is to look at what the top players are using in M+. Check for example on Subcreation and you'll see it's mostly between Tempest (47%), Magistrate (31%), and Paragon (21%). The differences probably arise from people swapping between things on Tyrannical vs. Fortified weeks.

Other than that, the usual suspects are probably your best bet, i.e. written guides and the class discords. There's usually a lot of people putting together information there (especially on the discords) so you can benefit from their collective wisdom.
    I agree and Magistrate is greatly overlooked and will be my 2nd crafted legendary.