Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
... LastLast
  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Tell that to all the people running +16's and above. They are not doing those for the loot.
    some are...

  2. #202
    Well, hasn’t it always been about setting your own goals? I quit Classic (first stage) at the point I completed all dungeons and Molten Core, didn’t really care about anything more at that point.

    If Alts, PvP, Achievements, Anima farming, gold making, Legendary collecting, etc etc aren’t your thing, I guess it is time to take a break. Everyone has their own goals. However, I do feel there is enough content to keep you occupied if you really want to keep playing.

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    I personally like the fact that there's not much to do after you're geared. I'm sitting at 216ilvl and I still do 10 M+ weekly, PvP cap and Raid cap. after that is done I just gear my other 3 alts. If you want to log once every reset and do your main chores that is perfectly fine.
    You sound like someone who has a lot of time on their hands :P
    I barely manage to show up for my raid hours

  4. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    I don't have the time for mythic raiding. And a lot of other people don't, either. I'm mainly a m+ player, but that's just not worth it AT ALL, loot wise.
    Luckily for you this game is catered to casuals

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by Guilford View Post
    League isn't comparable. What?
    I'm not comparing the games.... wha?...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Playing to get the best gear while not doing the requirements for the best gear and complaining about the system is much like Racing in a triathlon and refusing to do the last stretch

    You aim for the best you can get then complain about anything beyond the minimum requirements

    “I’m fully heroic geared and the system is broken because I play for gear but the upgrades are not gonna fall in my lap and that means the system is broken”

    3 mythic bosses
    10 m+ dungeons (he says he likes them but does the literal minimum)
    A bit of pvp

    Based on his interests and time that is achievable weekly but he does a heroic clear which yields no upgrades and a single dungeon which gives only 1 possible loot upgrade
    Your logic here doesnt really hold up. You arguments are all over the place and doesnt support your previous argument or go against mine

  6. #206
    Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    Currently I'm sitting at 214 ilvl, having cleared Castle Nathria 10/10 on heroic.

    All I am doing right now is logging in once a week, doing a +14 key, and logging off. That's it. There's literally nothing else to do that is worth my time when it comes to gearing.

    Clearing Nathria 10/10 to maybe get something that is replaced anyway by something from the chest eventually? Not worth it. At all. Loot drops are so rare that I got one single item that was useful in over 40 heroic boss kills.

    Is this really what Blizzard wants? For people to log in once a week?
    Ideally - Blizz wants you to pay, but log as less often as possible(they earn money - and they don't have to spin a server up for you and spend money on it). Some people already did predict that SL would be the new WoD - for a change of the intense gameplay during BFA(it's not necessarily a bad thing).

    You are not alone and I can give a very good picture of how it goes.

    I play the game extensively for achievement points. I started from 0 achievement point to around 20K in less than 6months(granted not my first experience/account - also I was very pushy). 20K means that I cleared a good deal of available achievement points and had a wonderful time doing so.

    Every other expansion kept my busy - but something wierd happend in SL. Being used to always play 2-4hrs per day and clearing acitivties - I got in complete shock of not doing anything, compared to the other expansions(even the achievement tabs in SL are smaller). This is very similiar of how people felt during WoD.

    So I quit - and I feel happy. Not because of SL is a bad game - it just gives me the sense of boredom.

    But I also see why this change makes people happy(there is a bigger community, who have been asking for a more structered/casual and simplified approach on weekly activities - it's been chaotic in BFA, even for a troubled mind as me).
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2021-01-17 at 07:11 PM.

  7. #207
    Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    Ideally - Blizz wants you to pay, but log as less often as possible(they earn money - and they don't have to spin a server up for you and spend money on it). Some Youtubers already did predict that SL would be the new WoD - for a change of the intense gameplay during BFA.

    You are not alone and I can give a very good picture of how it goes.

    I play the game for achievement points. I started from 0 achievement point to around 20K in less than 6months(granted not my first experience/account - also I was very pushy). 20K means that I cleared a good deal of available achievement points.

    Every other expansion kept my busy - but something wierd happend in SL. Being used to always play 2-4hrs per day and clearing acitivties - I got in complete shock of not doing anything, compared to the other expansions(even the achievement tabs in SL are smaller). This is very similiar of how people felt during WoD.

    So I quit - and I feel happy.

    But I also see why this change makes people happy(there is a bigger community, who have been asking for a more structered/casual and simplified approach on weekly activities - it's been chaotic in BFA, even for a troubled mind as me).
    Sounds like classic burnout. If you are achievement hunter, definitely you didn't quit because you run out of stuff to do in SL. Stuff required for player power takes few hours a week, but for rest grind is same as Legion/BfA.

  8. #208
    Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    I don't have the time for mythic raiding. And a lot of other people don't, either. I'm mainly a m+ player, but that's just not worth it AT ALL, loot wise.
    So it this a complaint? You say there is nothing to do anymore? Or that all of the other things to do you don't find fun or ''don't have time for"?

    Because obviously there is a shit ton of more stuff to do, but if it doesn't interest you idk what you expect to gain here.

    EDIT: And how does have time for heroic raiding, but not mythic raiding? Does your guild tack on 1-2 extra days of raiding a week once you hit mythic? Or did you just pug to clear heroic as you got chances to do so?
    Last edited by matheney2k; 2021-01-17 at 07:18 PM.

  9. #209
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Sounds like classic burnout. If you are achievement hunter, definitely you didn't quit because you run out of stuff to do in SL. Stuff required for player power takes few hours a week, but for rest grind is same as Legion/BfA.
    Burnout because I literally felt bored. And that's okay - I still think SL is the best expansion so far.

  10. #210
    214 iLv is already near the peak of what heroic raids will offer. M+ should offer better loot IMO at the end (+15 isn't even better than heroic raid while being 20x harder IMO).

    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    I have quit the game as well, same reasons as yours. I loved gearing myself in M+ back in BFA Season 1+2 (skipped season 3 cause corruption). Loot is too unrewarding for me, which is weird because I like loot being rare. The problem isn't the drop rate, it's that totally overpowered vault cache each week. Why waste time in M+ dungeons if all the gear is so useless compared to the vault? I am not gonna play a game for a once a week lottery ticket, Blizzard. In BFA regular M+ dungeons had a chance to be great because of TF/WF, this is gone now. Never thought I would say this, but either bring back TF/WF or drastically reduce the weekly vault ilvl.

    Again, the problem for me isn't that loot is rarer (I thought that was the case at first), the problem is that everything feels worthless because of the weekly vault, it outshines EVERYTHING except mythic raids. Even if you are happy with M+2 loot, everything you get in M+2 is gonna be replaced by the weekly vault. Again, in BFA it was making sure some M+ drops stayed relevant because of WF/TF, now everything is useless compared to weekly vault.

    TLDR: Weekly Cache is too strong, everything except Mythic raid loot is useless, regardless of content difficulty.
    Weekly vaults had been strong for a long time. The main purpose of doing engame content now is to beef up the weekly vault and I prefer this new iteration where we have more options to choose from. It hurts in legion/bfa to see a high item level drop from the cache only to match your highest item level piece.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

  11. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    214 iLv is already near the peak of what heroic raids will offer. M+ should offer better loot IMO at the end (+15 isn't even better than heroic raid while being 20x harder IMO).



    Weekly vaults had been strong for a long time. The main purpose of doing engame content now is to beef up the weekly vault and I prefer this new iteration where we have more options to choose from. It hurts in legion/bfa to see a high item level drop from the cache only to match your highest item level piece.
    In my opinion the best loot for your character should always DROP from bosses in PvE. Not come from a weird magic box at the end of the week. I prefer the system where I defeat a challenging encounter and get a reward for it. The weekly box is so disconnected from the actual fight. I really dislike the concept overall. Even a Badge system is better because the end of dungeon boss gives you a reward that you can directly use. Not wait for a, again, box. The vault should be a safety net if you get unlucky, not be your primary source for the best loot, even heroic raiders get their best rewards not from a boss, but from a stupid box.

  12. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    In my opinion the best loot for your character should always DROP from bosses in PvE. Not come from a weird magic box at the end of the week. I prefer the system where I defeat a challenging encounter and get a reward for it. The weekly box is so disconnected from the actual fight. I really dislike the concept overall. Even a Badge system is better because the end of dungeon boss gives you a reward that you can directly use. Not wait for a, again, box. The vault should be a safety net if you get unlucky, not be your primary source for the best loot, even heroic raiders get their best rewards not from a boss, but from a stupid box.
    The box doesn't generate loot out of nothing though. You either need to complete a high key or a certain raid difficulty. If the box didn't exist, the OP would have zero reasons to continue playing WoW for gear upgrades because 214 is about cap for heroic level raids. It's one piece of loot per week that has a higher chance of overlapping what you already have. Not exactly a main way to gear a character.
    Last edited by kail; 2021-01-17 at 08:01 PM.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    Currently I'm sitting at 214 ilvl, having cleared Castle Nathria 10/10 on heroic.

    All I am doing right now is logging in once a week, doing a +14 key, and logging off. That's it. There's literally nothing else to do that is worth my time when it comes to gearing.

    Clearing Nathria 10/10 to maybe get something that is replaced anyway by something from the chest eventually? Not worth it. At all. Loot drops are so rare that I got one single item that was useful in over 40 heroic boss kills.

    Is this really what Blizzard wants? For people to log in once a week?
    The reality is there content is there - Mythic raiding or high rated pvp - but no doubt you just dont WANT to do those things, or feel you are incapable of doing them, for whatever reason. This is a YOU problem, not a wow problem.

  14. #214
    And here I am, have been playing since launch and I still can't decide which character to main. On a more serious note, that is completely fine, some people rush through content, some don't. I have my job and tons of other things I HAVE to do other thatn warcraft and I still haven't even completed keystone challenger. The game should not cater to me OR you, it has things to do for everyone and sometimes we don't match certain things (you could collect titles, mounts, pet battle, pvp, you name it) and that is, again, fine.

  15. #215
    Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Port Richey, FL
    Posts
    2,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    If you feel M+ is giving better loot then raids your only raiding normal.
    Try doing harder content.
    We're 8/10 Heroic right now. Vault loot gives the best loot from M+. You can get like 220s+ but raid vault is still only 213. I even messed around with some PvP this expansion too but because my rating is so low, I was only offered 200 loot.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

  16. #216
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    We're 8/10 Heroic right now. Vault loot gives the best loot from M+. You can get like 220s+ but raid vault is still only 213. I even messed around with some PvP this expansion too but because my rating is so low, I was only offered 200 loot.
    We need to seperate vault loot from drops.

    Yeah its worth doing 1-4 m+(or 10 if you are really going for it) a week for the vault. But its not even slightly worth it for the drops.

    Raid needs to award higher ilvl from vault
    m+ needs to drop more gear
    pvp needs to be tuned the hell down.

    Bring back pvp power plz

  17. #217
    Playing this game has never been as discouraging as it is now.

    Alt-friendly expansion they said. Alt-friendly my fucking ass. Yes, it's super easy to catch up on the Renown Covenant story line whateverness, thank god, this was surely the thing we were all most worries about: Lore Catch Up systems.

    Gearing takes an eternity if you're not doing PvP - yet if you're doing PvP you can get a full set of targeted like 213 within a week with fucking ease. Meanwhile as a PvEer? Have fun going through 3 hours of heroic Nathria for 1 piece or 213. Have fun going through 4 +15s to get a single 210. Fuck, have fun even getting geared enough to get to that point without doing PvP or being boosted. Also have fun being 8 weeks behind in Soul Ash for legendaries. But at least you won't have to worry about not having sockets on your gear.... because your gear is shitty anyways.

    I have a 222 ilvl Paladin and he's basically done with the game. Which I'm totally fine with, no reason to do anything but raidlog on that guy. I'd love to play alts... but why fucking bother? There's just no rewards for anything in this game. But hey, at least I'm up2date with the story! Maybe I'll go out and farm 140 anima dailies to buy a single 5k anima mog item! Or maybe I'll just enjoy some Torghast where I'll inevitably be playing the same exact build over and over again because that place is an absolute pathetic joke. Ooooooor maybe I'll just drag myself through m+ after m+ so that I can enjoy my 3 207 items and 350 anima after an 8 hour gaming session - nevermind, because you're not getting into groups since random 1600 arena rating people are outgearing you by 10 ilvls anyways.

    Fuck this expansion so far.

  18. #218
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,127
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    214 iLv is already near the peak of what heroic raids will offer. M+ should offer better loot IMO at the end (+15 isn't even better than heroic raid while being 20x harder IMO).



    Weekly vaults had been strong for a long time. The main purpose of doing engame content now is to beef up the weekly vault and I prefer this new iteration where we have more options to choose from. It hurts in legion/bfa to see a high item level drop from the cache only to match your highest item level piece.
    Yea, that still happens. I was off work last week and got 10 keys done. 1 14, and rest around 12. All 3, boots which is where my lego is. I am on the fence if this is worse, more choice, but whats the point of more choice if its all going to give the same slot?

  19. #219
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmorn View Post
    Sorry that is BS. Everyone who participates in events that generate loot , whether it is pvp/ raiding / mythic + and even the world quest only people play this for loot. For some there is just more emphasis on loot vs the road to get to the loot than others
    I mean if you are doing m+ for loot and even if it dropped more and better loot you will have same problem in few weeks.
    "Soooo.... got all my loot from m+ over the last month, no reason to login more than once a week now"

  20. #220
    Spriest Extraordinaire Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    51,017
    Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    Currently I'm sitting at 214 ilvl, having cleared Castle Nathria 10/10 on heroic.

    All I am doing right now is logging in once a week, doing a +14 key, and logging off. That's it. There's literally nothing else to do that is worth my time when it comes to gearing.

    Clearing Nathria 10/10 to maybe get something that is replaced anyway by something from the chest eventually? Not worth it. At all. Loot drops are so rare that I got one single item that was useful in over 40 heroic boss kills.

    Is this really what Blizzard wants? For people to log in once a week?
    You're an unusual player, then, and the game is probably not quite catered to you.

    I'm at 200 item level, and I raid twice weekly and regularly run mythic+, dungeons, and do world quests and covenant activities. Of course, I am not striving to clear everything as quickly as possible. Maybe if you, in the next patch, just reduce how much you do in any given day, you can stretch out your activities. For example, you don't have to do every calling every single day. You could level an alt, too, for a while, exploring a different covenant.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •