Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    "The game is not for you"
    Who is it for then?

"You need to take a break"
    Is a contradiction of the first statement, both directed at OP.

In other words, the game is for unquestioning addicts who don't care if they play the same thing over and over again. If you don't like playing the same thing over and over they hit you with that "well you can just leave" fallacy, yeah, just forget WoW ever existed.
    In other words, people don't care if other people even play WoW and will just tell you to stop playing until there isn't a player base anymore. The community is that toxic.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should log because you want to play, not because you have to play. And if you wanna be a "wednesday raider", then good for you.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Thats my point.

The vault shouldnt be the only reason, just like it isnt for pvp.
    Plenty of people actually enjoy doing M+, Look at the people doing +16's and more. The only reason is because you enjoy it because there is no reward left.

You not enjoying M+ is fine, I don't either. So don't do them, Shadowlands gives you the choice what you want to do, use that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    "The game is not for you"
    Who is it for then?

"You need to take a break"
    Is a contradiction of the first statement, both directed at OP.

In other words, the game is for unquestioning addicts who don't care if they play the same thing over and over again. If you don't like playing the same thing over and over they hit you with that "well you can just leave" fallacy, yeah, just forget WoW ever existed.
    In other words, people don't care if other people even play WoW and will just tell you to stop playing until there isn't a player base anymore. The community is that toxic.
    How is telling someone that if they don't enjoy doing something they probably shouldn't do it, toxic?
    How does that work?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    The vault gives you the reward, Only reason to do M+ is to unlock vault slots, Gear from the dingeon itself is not really something you can expect in the current system
    Which is stupid, literally all my upgrade are from the chest, right now is 1-do your chores by finish as many slots in the weekly chest as possible 2-log and hope for bis, 20 bosses and a few m+ gave me 1 item, 1 freaking item

Pretty much same, i dont care for raiding or dungeons (well past my years of doing that) so am sat at 199 ... just logging in once a week till my sub expires, nothing more for me to do besides alts, and even thats better to wait to do for the reknown boosts

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    Valor system
    was a bore that forced people into farming dungeons to buy subpar items. If they ever brought it back people would bitch endlessly that not only the ilvl of the valor gear is lower than mythic raiding, but also it isn't their BiS stats.

Even if you don't care or can't commit to real raiding in mythic, if you actually want to gear you should definitely do more than 1 m+ key. Personally I try to do 4 but if I had more time and I wasn't raiding 3 nights a week I would definitely try to go for the 10.

Also in general the 'nothing to do' argument is just beyond retarded because you could use it in any expansion and it would be just as valid (if not more) than to how things are now. Remember people running laps around Dalaran or Org/SW for hours?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Plenty of people actually enjoy doing M+, Look at the people doing +16's and more. The only reason is because you enjoy it because there is no reward left.

You not enjoying M+ is fine, I don't either. So don't do them, Shadowlands gives you the choice what you want to do, use that.

- - - Updated - - -

How is telling someone that if they don't enjoy doing something they probably shouldn't do it, toxic?
    How does that work?
    I do enjoy mythics. Its my favorite content in wow. Why would you try and dictate what i like?

What i'm saying is that the reward doesnt fit the effort. Thats why mythic participation is way down compared to bfa(preach has numbers coming out on this, its quite insane)

I'm not suprised someone who has absolutely no idea what he is talking about is trying to argue something - but trying to convince me you know what i like or not has to be a new record in self confidence :P

Yea, it is. But not at this point in the expansion. It's still pretty early and already there's not much to do, gearing wise. I wish there were better / more options for gearing.
    There's lots to do, you just choose not to participate in it for whatever reasons.

You can still get into mythic raids or pvp. The time thing is a cop out to me unless your schedule is so archaic that you can't possibly commit to a single day, because there are guilds raiding 1-2 days a week which is hardly a commitment. And PvP can be done on your own time as its very flexible.

If you want to limit yourself to a single activity for gearing that is your choice, and you're bound by the limits of that particular system. Considering you're already 214 this early into the xpac while not stepping foot into mythic raids or doing pvp I think you've been doing something significant to accelerate through gearing quite quickly as well as a bit of luck.

Yup, same. Sub is running out in two weeks, not gonna renew it. Just not worth it. Thing is, i'd like to play, classes feel good, gameplay feels good, dungeons are well designed, but there's just no incentive to keep running them.
    Apparently its just not that fun to do then? None of that stuff feels good enough to do without a reward being involved?

Don't get me wrong, I think the weekly vault over-rewards M+ and M+ needs an overhaul to its reward structure as well as it should be possible to get mythic level loot from it if you're pushing very high. Though they need to figure out a lockout system for that.

But at the same time I've never understood only playing purely for rewards sake and nothing else. As if the game isn't fun unless you're doing some skinner box reward system loop and nothing in the game is enjoyable otherwise.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2021-01-16 at 02:20 PM.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post

Either way, take a break from the game, come back next expansion. And then write another whine post and tell yourself that you are not addicted to the game.
    That's not how addiction works, buddy. If you are addicted to something then you can't stop even if you hate it. If he can stop for 1-2 years and wait for the next expansion then he wasn't addicted. However, you can prove you are not addicted by stopping to play RIGHT NOW even if you like the game. If you can't stop then you are addicted. You probably won't, addict. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I do enjoy mythics. Its my favorite content in wow. Why would you try and dictate what i like?

What i'm saying is that the reward doesnt fit the effort. Thats why mythic participation is way down compared to bfa(preach has numbers coming out on this, its quite insane)

I'm not suprised someone who has absolutely no idea what he is talking about is trying to argue something - but trying to convince me you know what i like or not has to be a new record in self confidence :P
    You said the only reason to play M+ is the vault.
    If you enjoy mythics that is your reason to play. Because you enjoy doing them.

If you only like dungeons when they give gear your not doing it for fun, your doing it for gear.

And you can't really say M+ participation is down because the reward doesn't fit the effort when the weekly chest (now vault) not being tied to M+ exclusively is another possible huge contribution.
    I used to do a weekly M+ for the chest in Legion/BfA (before I quit) and now I haven't touched M+ for the last few weeks because I am happy enough with the amount of options I get from doing the raid.

Now is M+ participation being down a bad thing. It ties back into TF making M+ spam the best way to gear up, ahead of everything except maybe fast Mythic raid clears. Stopping the endless M+ spam hoping for gear procs was one of the aims of SL, and that would naturally lead to less people spamming M+.

Lastly, was he checking end of BfA vs start of Shadowlands? M+ is currently a lot harder then it was at the end of BfA. Another thing that naturally leads to less people doing M+.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    But at the same time I've never understood only playing purely for rewards sake and nothing else. As if the game isn't fun unless you're doing some skinner box reward system loop and nothing in the game is enjoyable otherwise.
    A lot of gamers are addicted to the 'skinner box reward loop' as you call it. That feeling of getting a shiny is simple but powerful and all sorts of games stretching back a very long time have hooked into that. Heck most of the mobile market is powered entirely by that reward feeling.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

7+ Year Old Account
    You can play other games man, chill
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

The ilevel idiocracy strikes again.

Gear has become a goal, hence that kind of statements.
    That's a little sad.

Currently I'm sitting at 214 ilvl, having cleared Castle Nathria 10/10 on heroic.

All I am doing right now is logging in once a week, doing a +14 key, and logging off. That's it. There's literally nothing else to do that is worth my time when it comes to gearing.

Clearing Nathria 10/10 to maybe get something that is replaced anyway by something from the chest eventually? Not worth it. At all. Loot drops are so rare that I got one single item that was useful in over 40 heroic boss kills.

Is this really what Blizzard wants? For people to log in once a week?
    Just surprised you aren't grinding out at least four for better box RNG. I've been trying to do 10 for 3 choices if possible because it is the only worthwhile loot in the game

The vault is a good concept. I like it. I just feel they made it a bit to central to the gearing process. I think in the super long term picture it will actually gear characters as fast or faster than they were in the past. But it does end up being a Tuesday log in, pick box item, do raid, see you next week type of situation. It doesn't help that PVP has been allowed to be a huge flood gate of really high item level gear too that totally trivializes all other gearing scores. I mean seriously. PVP for like 3 weeks and you can unsub and see you in the spring for the next patch. Even if you aren't great. Even great players right now that are like high m+ runners, mythic raid clearing, are buying BOOSTS for pvp because it just insane to gear that way. Just way to good. The other paths need a bump up or it needs a bump down but honestly the damage is already done for this patch. Either way I am smoking fools at like 220 item level because I got a couple friends that grind pvp pretty hard and let me along for the ride a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    was a bore that forced people into farming dungeons to buy subpar items. If they ever brought it back people would bitch endlessly that not only the ilvl of the valor gear is lower than mythic raiding, but also it isn't their BiS stats.
    Valor gets used interchangeably to mean any currency system. What folks want is basically PvE conquest, which would be amazing for everyone. At least could buy and upgrade an item you want every X weeks despite rng, and there would be a reason to cap every week.

Like really, the current pvp gearing system is incredible

With this logic, I should only log in and play two RBG's every week and I would be done. So I guess the game sucks for pvp too?

why so many people think loging only to do what you want (or what you need to do to achieve something) instead of playing 24/7 is a PROBLEM?
    isnt that kind of how you SHOULD treat the game, and basicaly all your hobbies/free time activities?

there is a lot of activities, if you dont like them or dont want the reward from them (or both) dont do them, thats actualy healthy attitude...

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    That's not how addiction works, buddy. If you are addicted to something then you can't stop even if you hate it. If he can stop for 1-2 years and wait for the next expansion then he wasn't addicted. However, you can prove you are not addicted by stopping to play RIGHT NOW even if you like the game. If you can't stop then you are addicted. You probably won't, addict. ;D
    I primarily play to do something with my guild, so if we all decided to do something else or stop, I would immediatly stop playing the game. But that doesn't seem to be the case for OP, who made clear that he doesn't partake in any activity [with his guild] besides logging in once a week to play for 40min. I would argue that someone that wants to play a game even though he doesn't like it is more addicted than someone who actively enjoys the game on their own or has a community that keeps that person playing.
    Not every smoker is addicted to nicotin, but those that try to stop but can't or have relapses definitly are.

Yo can we have some kind of queue being set up by the moderation so next week it's my time to post this very same post again ?