Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Logging in once a week

Currently I'm sitting at 214 ilvl, having cleared Castle Nathria 10/10 on heroic.

All I am doing right now is logging in once a week, doing a +14 key, and logging off. That's it. There's literally nothing else to do that is worth my time when it comes to gearing.

Clearing Nathria 10/10 to maybe get something that is replaced anyway by something from the chest eventually? Not worth it. At all. Loot drops are so rare that I got one single item that was useful in over 40 heroic boss kills.

Is this really what Blizzard wants? For people to log in once a week?

Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    Currently I'm sitting at 214 ilvl, having cleared Castle Nathria 10/10 on heroic.

All I am doing right now is logging in once a week, doing a +14 key, and logging off. That's it. There's literally nothing else to do that is worth my time when it comes to gearing.

Clearing Nathria 10/10 to maybe get something that is replaced anyway by something from the chest eventually? Not worth it. At all. Loot drops are so rare that I got one single item that was useful in over 40 heroic boss kills.

I mean, there's always mythic?

If you're not interested in mythic raiding, I'm not really sure what to tell you. Literally every single patch/expansion is like this. Once you fully clear heroic, you've pretty much beaten the game until the next patch.

Maybe try PvP? Collect Mounts/Achievement Hunt?

I have to say, I was raid logging WAY before this point in Uldir in BfA, so shadowlands is a bit ahead in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    I mean, there's always mythic?

If you're not interested in mythic raiding, I'm not really sure what to tell you. Literally every single patch/expansion is like this. Once you fully clear heroic, you've pretty much beaten the game until the next patch.

Maybe try PvP? Collect Mounts/Achievement Hunt?

I have to say, I was raid logging WAY before this point in Uldir in BfA, so shadowlands is a bit ahead in that regard.
    I don't have the time for mythic raiding. And a lot of other people don't, either. I'm mainly a m+ player, but that's just not worth it AT ALL, loot wise.

10+ Year Old Account

That's completely okay.
    Hi

I don't have the time for mythic raiding. And a lot of other people don't, either. I'm mainly a m+ player, but that's just not worth it AT ALL, loot wise.
    Ok, and thats completely fine. It sucks, but look at this way. You're at a point where you can either take a break from the game until the next patch, or enjoy old content that you have neglected for the past few months. If your only reason for playing the game right now is to get gear, you're just going to end up burning yourself out.

There's lots to do, but if all you enjoy is M+, and refuse to do that idk why you'd keep playing. TBH it sounds like you don't really even enjoy M+. Time for a new game.

Yeah, pvpers are the only ones having fun with the game right now. Pve is very unrewarding. Mythic+ is a waste of time because gear is just 210, raids are a waste of time because you don't get any loot.

If you're only playing for gear I can see why it'd be unrewarding for you. As someone that sees gear as a means to an end I'm really enjoying how the game is right now as it gives me a lot more freedom to do the content I enjoy whenever I feel like it, although I'd personally nerf the Great Vault iLvl & buff raid drop chance, but that's just me

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    yeah same boat they need to fix loot drops for raid anyway its ruff...
    Stop nerfing every character I play! I want to be Op....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    There's lots to do, but if all you enjoy is M+, and refuse to do that idk why you'd keep playing. TBH it sounds like you don't really even enjoy M+. Time for a new game.
    Pretty much this. It's not a big deal if you stop playing for a few months, years, or for good. There are other games out there.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Pretty much this. It's not a big deal if you stop playing for a few months, years, or for good. There are other games out there.
    Yea, it is. But not at this point in the expansion. It's still pretty early and already there's not much to do, gearing wise. I wish there were better / more options for gearing.

I personally do raids and dungeons for fun, but thats just me. Gear is something I pick up while doing that content. Other than that I do some PvPs now to get the season 1 tmog set. To me gathering all the awesome looking sets in Shadowlands is great, and I only did that for one set in BfA so SL is pretty awesome! So I have months of raiding ahead

If you do 1 m+ a week it doesn't really sound like you enjoy that either as people mentions.

You can try PvP?

Quote Originally Posted by Weiweismart View Post
    You can try PvP?
    Nah, WoW PvP is not really for me. I've played DAoC extensively in the past, which is an older MMO. Anyone that played DAoC knows that it's incredibly hard to play PvP in another game, because DAoC PvP was just the best system ever.

No, it is not what Blizzard wants. The problem here is your viewpoint. There is more to the game than gearing. Have you finished your covenant campaign? Done Twisting Corridors? Farmed anima and rares for pets, mounts, and transmogs? Blizzard does not want you to log in just once a week. You limiting yourself to just that is a you problem, not a them problem.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    No, it is not what Blizzard wants. The problem here is your viewpoint. There is more to the game than gearing. Have you finished your covenant campaign? Done Twisting Corridors? Farmed anima and rares for pets, mounts, and transmogs? Blizzard does not want you to log in just once a week. You limiting yourself to just that is a you problem, not a them problem.
    Did all of that already

Yea, it is. But not at this point in the expansion. It's still pretty early and already there's not much to do, gearing wise. I wish there were better / more options for gearing.
    There's just as many options as they have been the last two expansions. Considering the Vault gives you more options than the Legion/BFA chests and you can upgrade pvp gear now there are more. What exactly are you looking for?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    The problem here is your viewpoint. You limiting yourself to just that is a you problem, not a them problem.
    ^this answers it all.
    If you don't have more time, you won't get better gear. You cap yourself to heroic and you only get heroic itemlevel.

OK. /10 char

I have quit the game as well, same reasons as yours. I loved gearing myself in M+ back in BFA Season 1+2 (skipped season 3 cause corruption). Loot is too unrewarding for me, which is weird because I like loot being rare. The problem isn't the drop rate, it's that totally overpowered vault cache each week. Why waste time in M+ dungeons if all the gear is so useless compared to the vault? I am not gonna play a game for a once a week lottery ticket, Blizzard. In BFA regular M+ dungeons had a chance to be great because of TF/WF, this is gone now. Never thought I would say this, but either bring back TF/WF or drastically reduce the weekly vault ilvl.

Again, the problem for me isn't that loot is rarer (I thought that was the case at first), the problem is that everything feels worthless because of the weekly vault, it outshines EVERYTHING except mythic raids. Even if you are happy with M+2 loot, everything you get in M+2 is gonna be replaced by the weekly vault. Again, in BFA it was making sure some M+ drops stayed relevant because of WF/TF, now everything is useless compared to weekly vault.

TLDR: Weekly Cache is too strong, everything except Mythic raid loot is useless, regardless of content difficulty.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2021-01-16 at 08:40 AM.