Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've also stopped doing things. I've killed a world boss on 3-5 characters every week since the first one spawned, and I haven't gotten a single piece of gear off them on any of my chars. So no more world bosses for me. And vaults have also been a disappointment of duplicate items always, so I'm also not even bothering to open them if I even decide to do any pvp, dungeons or raids, which I don't do. I will probably start to PVP again once they balance things and make arenas last longer than 5 seconds.

Also time gated LFR is still not available, so I can't even get my BIS legendary, assuming I can even see it drop.
    Last edited by Kuja; 2021-01-20 at 04:50 PM.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    Is this really what Blizzard wants? For people to log in once a week?
    Not sure if someone mention could level an alt. See the game from another role perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Good WOW expansions have an endpoint for progression.

One of the biggest praises of XIV is that it has a definite "stop here if you get bored" line. If you don't have anything you want to do you wait for the patch.
    You mean bad wow expansions

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Thats not the point i am arguing against.

i am arguing against the people that made this point:
    I agree with that to an extent

You play to hit the gear cap of your current level without pushing to the next means it’s time to quit until next patch when you get reset

You limit yourself playing that way

Play the alt game?

I have found it a lot of fun to run my one current alt through Torghast for a different experience. I'd imagine once I get to a point where I am bored with content, this will become my focus.

This is about the time I usually unsub in the past several expansions. i think wotlk was the last expansion I stayed subbed though. There just isn't anything to do until the next major content patch, unless you enjoy the great vault lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post
    This is about the time I usually unsub in the past several expansions. i think wotlk was the last expansion I stayed subbed though. There just isn't anything to do until the next major content patch, unless you enjoy the great vault lottery.
    Then mid April you come back and gotta do the renown grind to unlock the new campaign and soul binds

Personally I love pushing mythic+. I am not very high at all, think 990 raider io. but with my limited time and to be fair, skills, its enojyable. I am very much looking forward to pushing 15's. Then I have my tank alt, trying to push keys on him as well. (and im also 213 ilvl, I push for the challenge and to have fun with my friends. not gear)

if you just raid log, then maybe thats ok? maybe the game int for you anymore? saying theres no content is kinda spoiled imo. but yeah. who cares what a mediocre m+'er thinks :P

It's how most people play anyway.

Once they reach their target progression level (clearing normal / heroic / mythic, getting all +15s mount, reaching certain rating in pvp) they don't really have any reason to keep logging in. I mean what is there to do? Endless grinding of world and daily quests? Choregast? Wasting time in randoms? Nah, they pass and play something else until the next content patch.

It's not a crime to simply unsub and return when next content hits. It's actually a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    I agree with that to an extent

You play to hit the gear cap of your current level without pushing to the next means it’s time to quit until next patch when you get reset

You limit yourself playing that way
    Thats 99,9% of the people playing wow. So yeah.

I don't have the time for mythic raiding. And a lot of other people don't, either. I'm mainly a m+ player, but that's just not worth it AT ALL, loot wise.
    Either PvP or you're done. See you next patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Nah, WoW PvP is not really for me. I've played DAoC extensively in the past, which is an older MMO. Anyone that played DAoC knows that it's incredibly hard to play PvP in another game, because DAoC PvP was just the best system ever.
    Ultima Online would like a word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post
    you aren't alone my sub runs out in a few days and I've uninstalled until next major patch. Really don't feel compelled to play I've hit my goals that I wanted and the only way to get more "content" from it is reroll an alt to do it all over again. Or join an organized raiding guild which I'm not in the mood for. So I guess I resub in april when 9.1 comes out or w.e. Not a terrible thing to do. Just play my steam games instead and watch stream tv shows I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    They can keep the current gear drops (+ perhaps 1 more item from the end chest) and still bring back the challenger stuff and leaderboards.
    No, they can remove all gear from it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wysmark View Post
    Sooo... for non-raiders the game stops at heroic dungeons and LFR?

Ill allow you to think a little about that
    Want the best gear? Raid

Quite simple, raiding has traditionally been the source of the best gear in-game (over wow's life span). It worked extremely well subscriber wise, especially at it's peak in WOTLK.

Many people like traditions, including I.

Raiding isn't the hardest content in-game, but is close to it. The main factor is the time involved and the need for 20 people to be online together, on a schedule. That commitment gets you the best gear IMO.

15+ Year Old Account
    Shadowlands is for the WoW addicts who will gladly repeat recycled content happily, forever.

"It's the same old stuff bro, you're just burnt out"
    "Shadowlands is more of the same"
    "Oh you're just burnt out because you don't want to do the same 15 year old achieves, same 15 year old raids, same 15 year old Timewalking and you don't want to collect reskin mounts bro, you're burnt out take a break"
    "Oh you can't find anything to do??? Um, just run around in circles and set personal goals for yourself! Kill 1 of each critter in Kalimdor!"
    "Oh I know what you can do, all the achieves, because that's definitely worthwhile, people care about this!"
    "You could do more of my grasp at straw suggestions, like farm the same content for the 99th time for zero gains"

The straw grasping is just crazy.

LOL. It's all addict cope. Even drug dealers tell addicts to "go to sleep" when they want more drugs but don't have any. Go to sleep, come back the next day, rinse, repeat, life of an addict.
    Last edited by msdos; 2021-01-24 at 12:19 AM.

So your complaint is that blizzard isnt forcing you to play 10 hours a day.

Besides gold making I log in daily to make daily quests on both my characters. Other than it's weekly stuff you know like farm Heroic raid and what not
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    I've also stopped doing things. I've killed a world boss on 3-5 characters every week since the first one spawned, and I haven't gotten a single piece of gear off them on any of my chars. So no more world bosses for me. And vaults have also been a disappointment of duplicate items always, so I'm also not even bothering to open them if I even decide to do any pvp, dungeons or raids, which I don't do. I will probably start to PVP again once they balance things and make arenas last longer than 5 seconds.

Also time gated LFR is still not available, so I can't even get my BIS legendary, assuming I can even see it drop.
    I mean killing a worldboss takes 5 minutes, including flight and has no risk at all attached to it. "Not worth it because loot chance is bad" under this circumstances feels excessive. Compare it to m+, where you usually invest around 2h per run (including group finding, which takes longer than the dungeon) and where you have a much higher chance of failure, which actually costs you gold.
    So yeah, all up to you, but world bosses are by far the most efficient PVE method to try to get upgrades from.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    It always depends what your own position is on this.
    For you its "Cool, not forced to do anything, freedom!", for us its "damn, nothing worthwhile to do, boredom"

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    Shadowlands clearly show there are people that like to be forced to grind 10 hours a day. They were silent during Legion/BfA, cause it met their expectations.

For example look at Towellie. People called him Blizzard shill for years, but check his stream now. It's unwatchable like Asmongold stream, literally constant complaining, doomsaying about current sub numbers, speaking for others (for example, he constantly brags how casual are unhappy cause they hit the wall at 200 item level, he never thought that many casual simply don't care about their gear above certain point that make them strong in open world/old raids?).

And funny thing, I thought SL is nice middle ground, cause unlike WoD we have plenty stuff to grind - but they are all cosmetics. Turns out it's not enough, some people just want everything connected to player power. So it's impossible to please people like Towellie and Asmongold with same expansion.

Also it tells you why there are constant changes between expansions - people don't speak when they like something and let other camp take whole narrative.

I just hope Blizzard is more aware of this mechanism after 15 years and won't make drastic changes. Like some little tweaks to gear in m+/raids, not reintroducing titanforging in different form.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Shadowlands is for the WoW addicts who will gladly repeat recycled content happily, forever.
    Your hate for Blizzard is so blind that you don't even realize SL was MADE for people that hated repeated everything 24/7 last two expansion.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2021-01-24 at 11:52 AM.

You've done the raid presumably at the level your happy with. You've done all the content in the game you want to do?

Canceled the subsection and come back for 9.1 then.