Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Santas View Post
    What he and you said is simply not true, and I have been around long enough to know the difference, but like I said -- agree to disagree, keep criticizing me while throwing accusations around about some ulterior motive, like that does anything.
    im the one with the alterior motive? lol ok. im not the one hand waiving about things that arent true. love it or hate it, legendaries have always been borrowed power. i have a whole bank of them right now. you know what they are worth? NOTHING

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Santas View Post
    What he and you said is simply not true, and I have been around long enough to know the difference, but like I said -- agree to disagree, keep criticizing me while throwing accusations around about some ulterior motive, like that does anything.

I just decided to let people like him and a few others just "be", some are die-hard Blizzard apologists, others are immature and some are just downright typical 'mmo champion argumentative ancients' there should be a title like that for them.

On topic: I couldn't agree more with what you said, there's something wrong with class design in general for the past few years, the last time the devs really tried to add anything fun and inventive was MoP, sure, it make balance into a living nightmare, but many agree that it was the most fun time for classes, the devs really went crazy then.
    YOU started this thread bro. Who is the argumentative one? You couldnt be any further from the truth. I RARELY stick up for blizzard. That doesn't change the truth of what you percieve as "borrowed power". It literally has a different face but the concept is exactly the same. I seriously think you are being naive just to be naive. on top of that you make a thread to complain and then call people out when they tell you the truth of the matter.

This thread needs to settle down. Debate your points without insinuations or implications going forward.
    "HUMAN BEINGS MAKE LIFE SO INTERESTING. DO YOU KNOW, THAT IN A UNIVERSE SO FULL OF WONDERS, THEY HAVE MANAGED TO INVENT BOREDOM." - Death, Hogfather

I agree that some of the covenant abilities are over the top while others are just plain annoying to use and some dont even work properly for some specs.

Thats not really an issue with borrowed power but more with implementation imo

I would prefer they just revamped the PvE talent trees to work like the PvP talent tree and the best parts of borrowed power systems. Merge specializations back into talents, then let us slot our PvE tree from a pre-defined list of developer curated abilities. Give us around 20 or so slots designed like the Cataclysm talent trees or maybe the Classic trees, with a fairly lengthy list of abilities that can be added or subtracted from as needed.

That way, these expansion specific systems can just work with our pre-existing talent trees instead of attempting to supplant them, and developer attention can go back to maintaining our classes instead of these temporary systems. Pruning or adjusting that list of abilities wouldn't feel as terrible as outright plucking things from a static talent tree.
    Last edited by Roujeaux; 2021-01-18 at 09:58 PM.
    "Warlocks are the class that gives

we give all our spells and abilities to other classes"

- Bamboozer, from the Official WoW Warlock Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Beastiel View Post
    I like how most of the responses here are just "This game has always had borrowed power!"

1. borrowed power in the form of abilities is as new as legion and should be considered it's own separate thing. I doubt anyone finds losing set bonuses or outleveling legendaries detrimental to their experience and bringing it up is just a vapid strawman
    Set bonuses are literally the same thing. Some of the abilities have actually been set bonuses before. You're just making arbitrary distinctions to fit your argument.

Whether people miss them isn't really relevant here. Borrowed power isn't new, it's been in the game from the start.

The issue in Legion and BfA was the lack of a solid foundation for the borrowed power to be added to, not the borrowed power itself. This necessarily had to be fixed for the Covenant system to work, since we now have 4 sets of typically rather disparate powers that the class still has to work with.