Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

When did it become so unfashionable to try in this game?

I remember back in previous expansions when it was an insult to be called a casual, now everyone identifies as one.

So you think your good, whats your raid percentile?

Tryhards, good players etc will raid and will have a high percentile because they hold themselves to a good standard, if your a good player then 90 percentile every boss is easily achievable EVEN IF YOU DONT RAID.

- i dont have the gear
    answer - if you tried then you would know where to get the gear, its easily obtainable in pvp, pug raiding, m+

- but m+ doesnt give you gear
    if your depleting keys because you dont know how to recognise a good/bad party before the key starts then yes, you will receive 50% less gear from a depleted key and the worst player in the party? he will be the one getting the single item....100% chance
    need a trinket? how about grind that dungeon untill it drops, is that trying to hard? because in previous expansions that was normal.

- but i dont pvp
    i cannot put into words how easy and free 1400 rating is, with a bit of a push and some practice 1600 is easily achievable. 213s.....free, why not.....try? why not learn? i see lots of players making parties saying "new pvper" fair play to them! at least they are putting in some effort in something thats completely new to them.

- ive had bad luck in raids with gear
    there is plenty from other areas, back in the day you would make a bis item list, now is no different except you have 3/4 and even 5 avenues to get gear from that are 197 minimum ilvl.

- i have bad stats
    same as above, you have 3/4 and 5 avenues to choose your gear for free, if your low on haste which is a vital stat, why not look through the campaign gear list see if there is something slightly less ilvl with significatntly more haste? and run some sims? bg honor farming also have multiple choice items where you choose your stats 197 ilvl.

- my class isnt very good
    This is easily the most frustrating response i have seen, your percentile is judged based on you against other people of your class only, i never forget when all my logs were 99 in mop and someone was flaming me about how im only them ranks because im disc and disc is op.........its vs other discs.....donut.

if your 30 percentile what this ultimately means if your a fire mage, if you put 10fire mages in a fight you will finish 7th.

- i dont even raid fully
    does that mean that you cant go to warcraft logs, read some logs see what works and adjust what you have to be the best you can be? means you cant sim? again, just because you dont fully raid doesnt mean you cant rank high when you pug/do

Now, there are people that dont care about ranks, i get that. thats cool. perfectly acceptable, these are genuine socials. whats not perfectly acceptable is to be rocking round the game pretending to be a good player when you cant even achieve the most basic of thing a semi decent player could achieve.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...raenor/swiftiq

i do not raid, i still achieve 98 median

This game has become strictly social, it is now unfashionable to be good, whats more important is having a laugh with your virtual pretend friends from 600 miles away that you never even shared a coffee with.

Im not insecure in the sense that il get upset if you tell me i have no friends, i dont have any friends in the game, i dont need friends in the game and i dont want friends in the game, what i logged in for was a good level of play, not buddies that stand in fire and laugh about it.

Im a loser right? whos really the loser here? your all playing a game for social interaction, at least i wasnt that sad.

yOUR a tRYHARD wITH nO fREINDS. your all welcome to each other, enjoy standing in fire, dieing to interuptable spells with your unenchanted gear while using the wrong rotation, at least you can all laugh about it with your "friends" when you fail or worst case scenario you can just blame the healer to protect your ego.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaersulf View Post
    u mad bro?
    Answer the question bro, whats your raid percentile? lets see how many of these guys that comment actually have 90+

my guess will be NONE, nothing but pretend gamers in this social community now.

3+ Year Old Account
    Just need to find people who play WoW who don't make fun of you. It's not that hard to find a guild these day either, and you can always make your own
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Just need to find people who play WoW who don't make fun of you. It's not that hard to find a guild these day either, and you can always make your own
    People never made fun of me, people always let me down by not being good enough. over and over and over.

Or maybe they did with there pretend virtual friends when i got mad that they were never good enough to begin with and waste my time, but that never bothered me, they feel protected by there pack mentality.

Never forget the party in SOB where we played perfect i pumped dps as resto and we still didnt have enough to time the key (3 minutes short) end of the dungeon the premade of 4 arrogent germans decided to flame me about ONE misplaced spotter cannon.

nothing to do with the fact that 2 of the dps were 20k overall when the average was 40 nono, key died because the premade healer didnt put 1 spotter canon in time.

Casuals happy to identifty as casuals and run around in there casual packs in order to protect each others ego from the truth that they suck when required.

and there response when this information is put forward? "u mAD bRO"
    Last edited by odamienskii; 2021-01-17 at 04:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post
    pretend gamers
    People are "pretend gamers" because they don't raid? What?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I remember back in previous expansions when it was an insult to be called a casual, now everyone identifies as one.

So you think your good, whats your raid percentile?

Tryhards, good players etc will raid and will have a high percentile because they hold themselves to a good standard, if your a good player then 90 percentile every boss is easily achievable EVEN IF YOU DONT RAID.

- i dont have the gear
    answer - if you tried then you would know where to get the gear, its easily obtainable in pvp, pug raiding, m+

- but m+ doesnt give you gear
    if your depleting keys because you dont know how to recognise a good/bad party before the key starts then yes, you will receive 50% less gear from a depleted key and the worst player in the party? he will be the one getting the single item....100% chance
    need a trinket? how about grind that dungeon untill it drops, is that trying to hard? because in previous expansions that was normal.

- but i dont pvp
    i cannot put into words how easy and free 1400 rating is, with a bit of a push and some practice 1600 is easily achievable. 213s.....free, why not.....try? why not learn? i see lots of players making parties saying "new pvper" fair play to them! at least they are putting in some effort in something thats completely new to them.

- ive had bad luck in raids with gear
    there is plenty from other areas, back in the day you would make a bis item list, now is no different except you have 3/4 and even 5 avenues to get gear from that are 197 minimum ilvl.

- i have bad stats
    same as above, you have 3/4 and 5 avenues to choose your gear for free, if your low on haste which is a vital stat, why not look through the campaign gear list see if there is something slightly less ilvl with significatntly more haste? and run some sims? bg honor farming also have multiple choice items where you choose your stats 197 ilvl.

- my class isnt very good
    This is easily the most frustrating response i have seen, your percentile is judged based on you against other people of your class only, i never forget when all my logs were 99 in mop and someone was flaming me about how im only them ranks because im disc and disc is op.........its vs other discs.....donut.

if your 30 percentile what this ultimately means if your a fire mage, if you put 10fire mages in a fight you will finish 7th.

- i dont even raid fully
    does that mean that you cant go to warcraft logs, read some logs see what works and adjust what you have to be the best you can be? means you cant sim? again, just because you dont fully raid doesnt mean you cant rank high when you pug/do

Now, there are people that dont care about ranks, i get that. thats cool. perfectly acceptable, these are genuine socials. whats not perfectly acceptable is to be rocking round the game pretending to be a good player when you cant even achieve the most basic of thing a semi decent player could achieve.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...raenor/swiftiq

i do not raid, i still achieve 98 median

This game has become strictly social, it is now unfashionable to be good, whats more important is having a laugh with your virtual pretend friends from 600 miles away that you never even shared a coffee with.

Im not insecure in the sense that il get upset if you tell me i have no friends, i dont have any friends in the game, i dont need friends in the game and i dont want friends in the game, what i logged in for was a good level of play, not buddies that stand in fire and laugh about it.

Im a loser right? whos really the loser here? your all playing a game for social interaction, at least i wasnt that sad.

yOUR a tRYHARD wITH nO fREINDS. your all welcome to each other, enjoy standing in fire, dieing to interuptable spells with your unenchanted gear while using the wrong rotation, at least you can all laugh about it with your "friends" when you fail or worst case scenario you can just blame the healer to protect your ego.
    Absolute waste of bandwith. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Absolute waste of bandwith. Thanks.
    truth hurts eh mate? bit too honest?

"I'm better than you"

>links logs that show he hasn't even completed Heroic CN.

Okay my dude. I'm glad you feel strongly enough about this to share with the rest of the class.

Here's an idea. Take a break and figure out the difference in your/you're and there/they're/their. Reading your wall of text is cringey enough as is.

People never made fun of me, people always let me down by not being good enough. over and over and over.

Or maybe they did with there pretend virtual friends when i got mad that they were never good enough to begin with and waste my time, but that never bothered me, they feel protected by there pack mentality.

Never forget the party in SOB where we played perfect i pumped dps as resto and we still didnt have enough to time the key (3 minutes short) end of the dungeon the premade of 4 arrogent germans decided to flame me about ONE misplaced spotter cannon.

nothing to do with the fact that 2 of the dps were 20k overall when the average was 40 nono, key died because the premade healer didnt put 1 spotter canon in time.

Casuals happy to identifty as casuals and run around in there casual packs in order to protect each others ego from the truth that they suck when required.

and there response when this information is put forward? "u mAD bRO"
    What I can tell from reading this is that you're unsatisfied with putting forth a lot of effort and not personally being rewarded for it, but instead of maybe blaming the reward structure of the game for not rewarding individual players for good play you're deciding to put the blame to other people who don't even apparently have the same goals of being competitive that you do...? Regardless of your personal performance, it's natural to want to be rewarded adequately for your effort. It would be more fair of you to just say you don't think the game is rewarding you adequately, but I don't think attacking people is the right way to go about it.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    "I'm better than you"

>links logs that show he hasn't even completed Heroic CN.

Okay my dude. I'm glad you feel strongly enough about this to share with the rest of the class.
    completely missing the point, i dont raid, i rank high when i do, why dont others?

what i wrote: keep feeding yourself those lies so you can live under the illusion that your good

Did you just unironically describe being better than 90% of players as "the most basic thing you can do"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

completely missing the point, i dont raid, i rank high when i do, why dont others?

what i wrote: keep feeding yourself those lies so you can live under the illusion that your good
    You care way too much about other players in a game you permanently quit.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    What I can tell from reading this is that you're unsatisfied with putting forth a lot of effort and not personally being rewarded for it, but instead of maybe blaming the reward structure of the game for not rewarding individual players for good play you're deciding to put the blame to other people who don't even apparently have the same goals of being competitive that you do...? Regardless of your personal performance, it's natural to want to be rewarded adequately for your effort. It would be more fair of you to just say you don't think the game is rewarding you adequately, but I don't think attacking people is the right way to go about it.
    this is a very fair comment, blizzard is to blame for sure for making changes to the game over the years that shrunk the top end player pool massively.

Not having good players to play with = game is dead to a good player.

I mean imagine going to +5 m+ repeatidly and watching as nobody can complete it, would become insanely frustrating right? thats how i felt when i went +16 and why i abruptly quit on christmas eve. not going through the same as what i went through in bfa, finished 6k which was EMBARRASSING for me.

Your spot on, game hasnt rewarded me since legion when my premade tank quit.

Simple answer, as always. Wow isn't job and isn't sport. Forcing myself to do something, I don't like to do, only to achieve some results - isn't what games are about. Games are about enterteinment, relaxsation and fun. If you want game to be your job or sport - it's your personal choice. But you can't tell other players, that they should play like you.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Did you just unironically describe being better than 90% of players as "the most basic thing you can do"?
    if you identify as a good player.....yes.

I don't raid either. I understand most players are shit at this game but it doesn't bother me enough that I have to create 400+ word angry diatribes to fellate my ego. You clearly want to pick a fight with... somebody but I'm not sure why. It's not like this thread is going to suddenly make all the bad WoW players realize the err in their ways.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Simple answer, as always. Wow isn't job and isn't sport. Forcing myself to do something, I don't like to do, only to achieve some results - isn't what games are about. Games are about enterteinment, relaxsation and fun. If you want game to be your job or sport - it's your personal choice. But you can't tell other players, that they should play like you.
    Fair! i dont tell anyone to play a specific way, im just sick of all the players that tell me how good they are and they they "know tacs" only to fail at the first insanely easy hurdle. nothing but pretenders, its blizzards fault for bringing the casual trashpile so in line with top end content so quickly.

Im legit. i did the graft to learn what i needed to learn very very early, i did the farming and the graft to get what i needed to get to go insanely high where i enjoy the game, where are the other players like me? there are none, only people who pretend they are.

7+ Year Old Account
    Im a loser right? whos really the loser here?
    Reading this i would say yes, yes you are.