Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Scarab Lord gaymer77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    4,958

    Night Fae and interactions with other covenants?

    NO SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD AT ALL

    So I've finished the Necrolord, Kryian, and Venthyr this week. Something I noticed while doing them, there's not much interaction between them as the covenant you're questing for and the Night Fae. Yes the Kyrian have a few quests for them in part of their series but there was nothing from the other two covenants and the NF. Those 3 seems to have more than a few quests and storylines between each other. Because I haven't even started working on anything that has the NF as their covenant choice, I'm just wondering if during the NF campaign storylike do they interact with any of the other covenants (other than maybe briefly with the Kyrian given that small storyline they have on the Kyrian side) or is it all within the NF lore figures and such? Not asking for specifics but just curious if there's interaction with other covenants outside of the NF during the campaign.

  2. #2
    Pit Lord Dristereau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,282
    No, Night Fae is pretty self contained with what it focuses on and doesn't seem to care about any other areas. The Kyrian interaction you won't know about from a Night Fae POV. However there is enough going on in itself to keep you busy.

    I was a little surprised, given how there is an overlap for Kyrian, Necrolord and Venthyr. I haven't done the Venthyr Campaign but I know it overlaps with at least one other.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Somniare

    Thundereau - Eviscereau - Nulo - Nebouskii - Desterrar

    Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg - Silvermoon

  3. #3
    Warchief Bwonsamdi the Dead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    De Other Side (Just kidding) Vancouver Island, BC
    Posts
    2,197
    From what I've heared, no. I think Necrolord and Ventyr overlap a tiny bit, not the same quests, but Night Fae is kinda it's own thing. No clue about Kyrain

    I see dead people.... Yes, kinda my ting, ya know

  4. #4
    The Night Fae campaign sets up 4 possible future storylines so they don't have much room for side stuff with the other covenants.

  5. #5
    Scarab Lord gaymer77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    4,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post
    No, Night Fae is pretty self contained with what it focuses on and doesn't seem to care about any other areas. The Kyrian interaction you won't know about from a Night Fae POV. However there is enough going on in itself to keep you busy.

    I was a little surprised, given how there is an overlap for Kyrian, Necrolord and Venthyr. I haven't done the Venthyr Campaign but I know it overlaps with at least one other.
    All 3 of them overlap with the other 2 at least once during their campaigns which is why I wondered if the NF did any overlapping since Kyrian had overlap with all the other 3 covenants during theirs while the other 2 didn't.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    From what I've heared, no. I think Necrolord and Ventyr overlap a tiny bit, not the same quests, but Night Fae is kinda it's own thing. No clue about Kyrain
    There's quite a bit of overlap between Necro and Venthyr, one week was pretty much exactly the same quests in the same area. I think Venthyr has the most overlap of any campaign because they're asking for help, reaching out to contacts, ect.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

    Zyky is better than you.

  7. #7
    The Winter Queen doesn't really give a f. about other places, she makes it clear a couple of times.
    Don't have a clue about Kyrians.
    But then nor the Necrolords nor the Venthyr has their leader so it's understadable that they work together.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    From what I've heared, no. I think Necrolord and Ventyr overlap a tiny bit, not the same quests, but Night Fae is kinda it's own thing. No clue about Kyrain
    In the kyrian campaign, morgraine comes to the elysian hold to ask for help, and the kyrian go to maldraxxus to help them and in necrolord campaign you go to the kyrian asking for help. So they're related. In fact the quests in maldraxxus are the same for both covenants.

  9. #9
    Night Fae is the classic story of "forest people who care about the forest first and foremost".

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    The Night Fae campaign sets up 4 possible future storylines so they don't have much room for side stuff with the other covenants.
    Can you (or anyone else reading this) explain to me what those 4 possibilities are? I half paid attention to the Night Fae's story, only paying attention to Bwonsamdi and Vul'jin finally getting his ascension we've all been theorizing since Legion. (Finally, something they didn't forget/severely underdeliver on for once).

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    So I've finished the Necrolord, Kryian, and Venthyr this week. Something I noticed while doing them, there's not much interaction between them as the covenant you're questing for and the Night Fae. Yes the Kyrian have a few quests for them in part of their series but there was nothing from the other two covenants and the NF. Those 3 seems to have more than a few quests and storylines between each other. Because I haven't even started working on anything that has the NF as their covenant choice, I'm just wondering if during the NF campaign storylike do they interact with any of the other covenants (other than maybe briefly with the Kyrian given that small storyline they have on the Kyrian side) or is it all within the NF lore figures and such? Not asking for specifics but just curious if there's interaction with other covenants outside of the NF during the campaign.
    Night Fae was more involved with Bwonsamdi and the Night Warrior (there's a lot more to each, but that's the outlying story that they even mention in renown tab). Though the Night Warrior is unresolved currently even though the campaign is over. So I'm figuring more covenant storylines in the future as Kyrian felt the same way.

    Kyrian itself felt more enveloped in every single zone while Night Fae wasn't. Kyrian also had the spoiler event happen to.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Can you (or anyone else reading this) explain to me what those 4 possibilities are? I half paid attention to the Night Fae's story, only paying attention to Bwonsamdi and Vul'jin finally getting his ascension we've all been theorizing since Legion. (Finally, something they didn't forget/severely underdeliver on for once).
    Spoilering this out for those who haven't done it yet.


    #1 - There's Bwonsamdi and Mueh'zala as there is likely more to go from there; especially as Mueh'zala mentions working with the Jailor and we only know of the 4 loa's (think the cat was a loa?) he taken so far
    #2 - There's Vol'jin dealing with the aftermath that was set into motion with Mueh'zala and having Rezan's power now and changing
    #3 - There's the Night Warrior storyline
    #4 - There's the Drust that was said to be pushed back and Gorak Zhar; so Gorak Tul is still out there after we defeated it's shade in BFA
    #5 - They could possibly do something with Thiernax and Qadarin
    #6 - We have Ysera being resurrected and potential there; including utilizing other dragon aspects as we did go meet Alexstraza so far


    So there are various elements introduced that they could spin off into. Though #1-#3 are the most likely with #4 being a strong possibility too. #5 is technically intertwined with #3 who also introduced Huln in the Shadowlands.

  12. #12
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    One path
    Posts
    4,207
    No but maybe in future content.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

  13. #13
    I found it makes more sense if you assume each major patch will have a different covenant be the "main" one.

    Currently Venthyr is the main one. However after the raid it needed something else, so it is given different stuff to do in Maldraxxus.
    Necrolord is the next one, explaining why it is given so much extra focus from the other covenants.
    Night Fae is the one in 9.2, which is why it is so self contained. The X.2 patch is usually more self contained.
    Kyrian is the last one. However it is too early for their endgame of helping Uther rescue Arthas from the Maw, explaining why it is mostly shuffling its feet waiting for the other covenant stories to finish so it can have its turn.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  14. #14
    Night Fae is really filled with continuation of unresolved storylines from BFA, whether it's Bwonsamdi/Voljin, Night Warrior or Drust - take your pick and even after all the covenant campaign steps you basically have the Drust and Night Warrior set for later.

    I imagine there simply was little to no place for extra stuff as is, given how stacked on major plotlines NF already are. They pretty much have their own unique campaign without sharing any steps with other covenants and they filled it as it is.

  15. #15
    Night fae story is packed full of seeds for future story that it didn't really have time or need to interact with other covenants. Was definitely my favorite of the 3 I did.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I found it makes more sense if you assume each major patch will have a different covenant be the "main" one.

    Currently Venthyr is the main one. However after the raid it needed something else, so it is given different stuff to do in Maldraxxus.
    Necrolord is the next one, explaining why it is given so much extra focus from the other covenants.
    Night Fae is the one in 9.2, which is why it is so self contained. The X.2 patch is usually more self contained.
    Kyrian is the last one. However it is too early for their endgame of helping Uther rescue Arthas from the Maw, explaining why it is mostly shuffling its feet waiting for the other covenant stories to finish so it can have its turn.
    If anything I think Necrolords will be a 9.2/3 focus, depending on when we get to go personal with Jailer. In between Primus and Kel'thuzad - both tied to Jailer as much as it goes - they will be a feature of either penultimate or ultimate raid tier of the expansion. Kyrian will also get some there thanks to Helya.

    I think that next raid/zone will be the Drust/Thros - these just make the most sense as a middle of expansion enemy to tangle with in preparation to the main dish of Jailer, so I guess it's where Night Fae will get more cooperative.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    If anything I think Necrolords will be a 9.2/3 focus, depending on when we get to go personal with Jailer. In between Primus and Kel'thuzad - both tied to Jailer as much as it goes - they will be a feature of either penultimate or ultimate raid tier of the expansion. Kyrian will also get some there thanks to Helya.

    I think that next raid/zone will be the Drust/Thros - these just make the most sense as a middle of expansion enemy to tangle with in preparation to the main dish of Jailer, so I guess it's where Night Fae will get more cooperative.
    Depends. Usually the X.1 patch deals with the main story presented at launch, currently the most pressing one being dealt with (outside the Jailer directly) is Kel'thuzad trying to break the Jailer free. This would be best compared to 7.1 being about Gul'dan trying to summon Sargeras.
    The X.2 patch, while dealing with the main story, is usually more self-contained. 8.2 for instance was very focused on Naga specifically with a tiny dash of N'zoth on the fringes. 5.2 was all about the Thunder King with some faction war on the fringes. In the case of Shadowlands what would fit the best here is Drust and Night Fae stuff since while the Heart of the Forest is vital ot keeping the Jailer contained, the aeshtetic of that zone is also radically different from the others, making it a perfect fit for a semi-separate story.

    Finally the X.3 patch deals with the endgame of the story. In this case being the Jailer and most likely Arthas, which is why Kyrians would be a good fit for the "main" covenant in 9.3.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  18. #18
    Immortal Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    7,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    Night Fae is the classic story of "forest people who care about the forest first and foremost".
    Which in turn attempts to be a shoutout to what nelfs were before WoW. NF is pretty much the Nelf & Associates covenant, with poor Bwomsamdi and DOS randomly thrown in there in order to not make it so blatant.

    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    To be honest the nightfae don't really seem like they belong in the story. Every other realm is tied to mortal souls and the process of defending and or maintaining the afterlife.

    Nightfae weirdly focus on demi god like beings and don't really seem to connect to the overall theme of the rest. It feels like they got slotted in a lot more then the other three. I like the zone but their connection to the overall theme seems more contrived then the rest.
    Well, it's the mandatory night elf content we've been getting since Legion. I'm soooooo freaking tired of it
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2021-01-17 at 11:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The Jailer's first ever appearance involved chucking him [Baine] off a cliff for being too shit to even qualify as a Maw trash mob.

  19. #19
    To be honest the nightfae don't really seem like they belong in the story. Every other realm is tied to mortal souls and the process of defending and or maintaining the afterlife.

    Nightfae weirdly focus on demi god like beings and don't really seem to connect to the overall theme of the rest. It feels like they got slotted in a lot more then the other three. I like the zone but their connection to the overall theme seems more contrived then the rest.

  20. #20
    Warchief Bwonsamdi the Dead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    De Other Side (Just kidding) Vancouver Island, BC
    Posts
    2,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Which in turn attempts to be a shoutout to what nelfs were before WoW. NF is pretty much the Nelf & Associates covenant, with poor Bwomsamdi and DOS randomly thrown in there in order to not make it so blatant.
    Right? Bwonsamdi does not fit in Ardenweald at all. It looks/feels like he was on a vacation to go somewhere with how random it is


    Well, it's the mandatory night elf content we've been getting since Legion. I'm soooooo freaking tired of it
    I think WoW could use some more manditory troll stuff, even a single zone for trolls each expac lol

    I see dead people.... Yes, kinda my ting, ya know

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •