Is enhancement shaman a good burst pvp class?

They say enhancement has a good burst in pvp but is this really true? Sure you have some cds but they are too predictable and once they are over, you have nothing left. Even with cds you are not THAT great so I wonder if we can consider this spec viable in pvp. I personally think a spec that is focused on sustained damage with earthen spike is probably better.

its a cooldown stacking class thats actually pretty strong

15+ Year Old Account
    well Doom winds is a beast also its on 1 min cd so even if you get controlled its not long time to having it back, can be stacked with 1min cd BL in pvp and ascendance for big bang if you catch someone off def cd it tend to finish things surprisingly fast, good to have pala m8 for some extra def cd and burst

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

It is okay, close to levels of havoc atm, but doesnt hold up against classes like monk or rogue in terms of melee

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrilion View Post
    It is okay, close to levels of havoc atm, but doesnt hold up against classes like monk or rogue in terms of melee
    hmm it depends who with you play and chosing right talents, if you trinket + ethereal form rogue/monk/warrior when he burn all offensive cd`s its 50/50 then (in case of monk and warrior i would even say its 40/60 in shaman favor) as they have rather long burst cd`s in opposite to us

tbh when i play with friend he must focus casters and all physicals are neglected on ethereal form
    Working rather good taking in consideration we don`t have to much rating and he is feral
    Last edited by kosajk; 2021-01-20 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    hmm it depends who with you play and chosing right talents, if you trinket + ethereal form rogue/monk/warrior when he burn all offensive cd`s its 50/50 then (in case of monk and warrior i would even say its 40/60 in shaman favor) as they have rather long burst cd`s in opposite to us
    No. I will delete you. Whether I have all cds or not. You can't parry. You can't spell reflect and as a monk or warrior I simply do not even need to to beat any enhancement shaman. It is not even remotely close to an enhancement shaman's favor in a 1v1 situation vs any other melee.

The only melee beating a monk or warrior 1v1 close to 50/50 and maybe favoring that class, is a feral druid.

Besides you are a pve hero and I have 27% versatility on my monk before the pvp bonus lmao.

I'm sure you beat on plenty of other lesser geared pvp heroes tho.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2021-01-20 at 12:52 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    if you say so
    personally im not to afraid of monks and warriors but whatever maybe i haven`t meet decent one yet :P
    Rogues are different story cause huge burst + enormous control, 99% fight initiation and couple ways to reset combat, they are doable although its not that easy if you get on good one

btw elemental with conduit make you ~45k hp for 1 minute and wolfs generate 5 maelstrom over duration (no matter if they attack something or not) so even in ethereal form when you cant basically do nothing if you get wolfs before using it you will have big juicy heal waiting when you get out of it

ps. why you think that gear i logout in is same as my pvp gear? They may be a couple ilvls lower than my haste/crit crap for pve but that not mean that i don`t have versa gear in my bags :P
    Im a bit lower on versa than what you say but for sure not that much as you think That`s actually pretty funny
    Last edited by kosajk; 2021-01-22 at 02:36 PM.

I find that if I don't kill you in the opener I just have to live for 1m to have a chance to kill you again. Some classes scare me like a rogue but I just need to survive their openner to win. One time they opened on my healer and deleted them, I then beat the rogue and druid 1v2. Ret pallies terrify me. I just yolo 3s and 2s now because I have my rbg rating.

Lmao NO. I understand Monk is a very hard adversary 1v1 as enhancement, but a warrior? You must be kidding. Warrior is a joke vs enha in 1v1, this is not arena when you have a healing partner. 20+ k healing non crit will make any warrior cry and MS effect is not saving you at all.

Only and the only class that beats enha 1v1 everytime is a rogue not a lousy warrior.
    Last edited by Chadthemad; 2021-01-25 at 01:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadthemad View Post
    Lmao NO. I understand Monk is a very hard adversary 1v1 as enhancement, but a warrior? You must be kidding. Warrior is a joke vs enha in 1v1, this is not arena when you have a healing partner. 20+ k healing non crit will make any warrior cry and MS effect is not saving you at all.

Only and the only class that beats enha 1v1 everytime is a rogue not a lousy warrior.
    idk if I agree about rogues. In 1v1 situations I rarely kill a rogue but he usually doesn't kill me unless my trinket is on CD. I don't arena so can't really comment on that but in World/BGs/RBGs 1v1s with rogues almost always end up with the rogue just turning tail and running off. The thing that destroys me most trivially are monks. Those things are scary AF or anything with enough sustain that I can't kill it before I run out of mana and can't sustain myself anymore. (For example a disc priest)

Yes, it's really hard to kill a rogue, because they always will run in world pvp situation, but even in duels they have so many reset tools that it's not even funny. Disc priest? Well I have dueled one and only one, never again. Duel was going for 20 minutes, it was just a stalemate, no way I could kill him or he could kill me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by themortalgod View Post
    idk if I agree about rogues. In 1v1 situations I rarely kill a rogue but he usually doesn't kill me unless my trinket is on CD. I don't arena so can't really comment on that but in World/BGs/RBGs 1v1s with rogues almost always end up with the rogue just turning tail and running off. The thing that destroys me most trivially are monks. Those things are scary AF or anything with enough sustain that I can't kill it before I run out of mana and can't sustain myself anymore. (For example a disc priest)
    just use ethereal form, they don`t have to many dmg sources outside off physical dmg, when oponent go out off cd`s just burn yours and its fair chance to win actually
    similar with warrior, huntards and rogues to some extent

Yeah I only played a few games but I was consistantly killing people in the opener rofl.. it’s very fun.. my only concern now is elemental buffs make it so much more appealing for m+ I may have to change

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    No. I will delete you. Whether I have all cds or not. You can't parry. You can't spell reflect and as a monk or warrior I simply do not even need to to beat any enhancement shaman. It is not even remotely close to an enhancement shaman's favor in a 1v1 situation vs any other melee.

The only melee beating a monk or warrior 1v1 close to 50/50 and maybe favoring that class, is a feral druid.

Besides you are a pve hero and I have 27% versatility on my monk before the pvp bonus lmao.

I was wondering why all your posts are rude, self-absorbed, cringe, but then I realized that avatar's actually you.

Yikes. You probably take selfies flipping off the camera, don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post

This has got to be copy pasta
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

If you play it right, It can be a very strong burst class.

The burst is extremely strong if played right. I really enjoy it, and I really like the mix between melee and ranged that the spec offers.

As others have said, the burst is really strong, especially that initial one. However, I find it that if you at least don't get them low enough after that big burst, you may struggle a little bit.