Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on how easy you can be made to get emotional over a movie, god knows I am a softy, I'll cry at the weakest emotional movie lol :P

The movies are:

Imitation of Life

A Dog’s Way Home

The Lena Baker Story

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, the trailer for a dogs purpose was too heavy, im gonna hug my dog when i get home

Saving private ryan, made me cry
    Last edited by Rageadon; 2021-03-25 at 09:32 PM.

I recently watched the movie "Marley and I" and it really impressed me. I was so imbued with this film. The actors played their roles so vitally that it seemed to me as if everything was happening for real, as if everything was happening to me. The film shows love, true love, man's love for man, man's love for an animal - a strong, friendly seed. Of course, the film is predictable and the ending seemed clear to me at first, but how hard it is to lose a faithful friend, emotions flooded over me in full swing and at the end of the film I cried for a long time.

Grave of the Fireflies

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Well, this looks fantastic. Thanks for sharing! Going to watch it.
    And finally, nearly a year and a half later, he watched Blue is the Warmest Color.

Last night. While it didn't make me cry, as the OP had stated the point of the thread was for, I could see why it would make some cry. Maybe the lack of music helped me hold my ground. I will say though, the movie was pretty damned incredible. It felt like someone was filming a real-life girl going through the motions, living, growing, and didn't add any fluff, like music, they just said "here's the footage. Enjoy." I liked it. I loved it. Really tremendous film, both in length and quality. I knew I was tired but it had me hooked the whole way through. I didn't even want to pause it just to use the bathroom, I was that hooked! It was really, honestly, a beautiful film, and I would encourage others to check it out. Yes, it has /that/ aspect, but honestly, it made it feel more real. Sometimes those scenes felt a little long, but then again, this movie was clearly trying to portray life more realistically, and thus I think those scenes worked.

The conversations throughout felt real. When people were happy, it didn't seem forced and I felt happy with them. When people were uncomfortable, I was too. When people were angry, I felt angry. When people were sad, I was sad too.

Honestly, I want to see more. Especially with those two actresses. They did a wonderful job. Thanks for recommending it!

Sorry for the necro! This thread is a good one though and I've kept it open in my Chrome for the past 18 months because I wanted to remember and finally I watched it like I said I would lol.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I'm really needing to watch a good cry movie to get this feeling of a need to cry out of my system. A little background of me: I'm bipolar manic depressive 2. I get into moods where I feel like I need to cry because I'm on the verge of crying over every little thing but simply can't cry unless it gets pushed over the edge. Last year I was watching Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist and during the season finale had me bawling in a good way because it was wonderfully done (anyone who watched it can understand what I'm talking about). I was watching the first episode of season 2 and it started giving me the need to cry vibe but never got me to that point. Now I want to watch something to get this out of my system so I'm turning to you guys for recommendations on some good cry movies.
    - Watch the beginning of "Up"
    - Watch the episode "Jurassic Bark" of Futurama
    - Watch "life is beautiful"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I'm really needing to watch a good cry movie to get this feeling of a need to cry out of my system. A little background of me: I'm bipolar manic depressive 2. I get into moods where I feel like I need to cry because I'm on the verge of crying over every little thing but simply can't cry unless it gets pushed over the edge. Last year I was watching Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist and during the season finale had me bawling in a good way because it was wonderfully done (anyone who watched it can understand what I'm talking about). I was watching the first episode of season 2 and it started giving me the need to cry vibe but never got me to that point. Now I want to watch something to get this out of my system so I'm turning to you guys for recommendations on some good cry movies.
    shindler's list

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    And finally, nearly a year and a half later, he watched Blue is the Warmest Color.

Last night. While it didn't make me cry, as the OP had stated the point of the thread was for, I could see why it would make some cry. Maybe the lack of music helped me hold my ground. I will say though, the movie was pretty damned incredible. It felt like someone was filming a real-life girl going through the motions, living, growing, and didn't add any fluff, like music, they just said "here's the footage. Enjoy." I liked it. I loved it. Really tremendous film, both in length and quality. I knew I was tired but it had me hooked the whole way through. I didn't even want to pause it just to use the bathroom, I was that hooked! It was really, honestly, a beautiful film, and I would encourage others to check it out. Yes, it has /that/ aspect, but honestly, it made it feel more real. Sometimes those scenes felt a little long, but then again, this movie was clearly trying to portray life more realistically, and thus I think those scenes worked.

The conversations throughout felt real. When people were happy, it didn't seem forced and I felt happy with them. When people were uncomfortable, I was too. When people were angry, I felt angry. When people were sad, I was sad too.

Honestly, I want to see more. Especially with those two actresses. They did a wonderful job. Thanks for recommending it!

Sorry for the necro! This thread is a good one though and I've kept it open in my Chrome for the past 18 months because I wanted to remember and finally I watched it like I said I would lol.
    I am happy you enjoyed the film.

Is it weird that all of the movies I think of for this are basically movies that have heroic moments where people do a version of (even though I'm not super positive about this movie) "Captain America strapping on his shield to face Thanos' army even if its by himself".

That kind of stuff gets me every time. Someone willing to protect others, even if they have no hope of success, because its the right thing to do.

My wife finds it funny that this kind of stuff always gets me, yet sterotypical "sad" movies do nothing to me. I find them boring and have zero empathy for them, yet give me Hercules getting saved by Meg and sacrificing herself and my eyes are wet (even writing that did it).

Wonder how many people are like that.

My Girl. Its an oldie but still.

Also, What dreams may come

Dead Poet's Society
    "The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

10+ Year Old Account
    my recommendation is the only film that made me, a 42 years old man, cry like there is no tomorrow.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Not a crying movie, but as a parent, the part in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire when Cedric's dad is reacting to his sons death...gets me every time.

The end of The Green Mile always has me sobbing like a little girl.

brokeback mountain
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Pan's Labyrinth.

Also Interstellar got me good.
    Interstellar is an emotional roller coaster for sure.

Being based on a true story, Hachi: A Dog's Tale, takes the cake for me.

If you're an animal lover, you've been warned.