Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
... LastLast
  1. #221
    Banned FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    22,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Yea your own statement begs to differ lmao
    Again, not even close to true but ok.

    And AGAIN i don't see what that has to do with anything?
    two adults wrote a story about two villains that referenced some dark story telling, people did not like that and it got dealt with, why are you so stuck up on that, what does that have to do with "Why is anima so rare" ?
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2021-01-19 at 03:30 AM.

  2. #222
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Again, not even close to true but ok.

    And AGAIN i don't see what that has to do with anything?
    two adults wrote a story about two villains that referenced some dark story telling, people did not like that and it got dealt with, why are you so stuck up on that, what does that have to do with "Why is anima so rare" ?
    Just as much as it has to do with telling someone they've got a problem because they don't gogogogo through a videogame.

    Watch your mouth, and treat people with respect. Quit taking shit so literally and resorting to gaslighting and making backhanded comments at people who don't play in an OCD manner like you do.

    You just barely pulled yourself out of your grooming issue. Watch yourself better, or else people are gonna resort to digging shit up on you.

  3. #223
    Banned FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    22,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Just as much as it has to do with telling someone they've got a problem because they don't gogogogo through a videogame.

    Watch your mouth, and treat people with respect. Quit taking shit so literally and resorting to gaslighting and making backhanded comments at people who don't play in an OCD manner like you do.

    You just barely pulled yourself out of your grooming issue. Watch yourself better, or else people are gonna resort to digging shit up on you.
    1. seriously you're gunna compare randomly calling people Groomer/pedo/sexual abuser to me telling people they need to not be lazy?
    2. lol treat people with respect? you just fucking accused me of grooming and sexually abusing a minor, how about you fuck off?
    3. Lolol what? i can gladly give you all the shit you could dig up on me, if you are really gunna try to fucking blackmail me

    me and my gf, both people over the age of consent met online, she wanted relationship i did not, i finally caved in said yes, we had evil characters we liked so we wrote an evil backstory that hinted as her character having a crush on mine since she was a teenager. that's it, people didn't like that and we apologized and moved on, as at the time we didn't see the problem with writing an evil backstory for an evil character like all the other evil characters in fiction are given, peoples right to not like fiction, but don't accuse me of "sexually abusing and grooming a minor" then try to blackmail me afterwards, fuck off mate.

  4. #224
    Cuz there is a drought you potatoes

  5. #225
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    1. seriously you're gunna compare randomly calling people Groomer/pedo/sexual abuser to me telling people they need to not be lazy?
    2. lol treat people with respect? you just fucking accused me of grooming and sexually abusing a minor, how about you fuck off?
    3. Lolol what? i can gladly give you all the shit you could dig up on me, if you are really gunna try to fucking blackmail me

    me and my gf, both people over the age of consent met online, she wanted relationship i did not, i finally caved in said yes, we had evil characters we liked so we wrote an evil backstory that hinted as her character having a crush on mine since she was a teenager. that's it, people didn't like that and we apologized and moved on, as at the time we didn't see the problem with writing an evil backstory for an evil character like all the other evil characters in fiction are given, peoples right to not like fiction, but don't accuse me of "sexually abusing and grooming a minor" then try to blackmail me afterwards, fuck off mate.
    1. You're acting like a dickhead to people just having a discussion. It's something you're notorious for on these forums. You take shit like it's a personal attack on your self and lash out with backhanded comments, vitriol, gaslighting, and loaded questions.

    2. You have fantasies of doing so, and nobody would be surprised if you've acted out on them. People like you usually have.

    3. Who the fuck goes to "oh yes, the perfect idea for an evil character is a character who grooms minors! That is something I totally want to roleplay as!" other than those who have ageplay fantasies? Sicko.

    Didn't you have art made of this, as well?

  6. #226
    Banned FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    22,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    1. You're acting like a dickhead to people just having a discussion. It's something you're notorious for on these forums. You take shit like it's a personal attack on your self and lash out with backhanded comments, vitriol, gaslighting, and loaded questions.

    2. You have fantasies of doing so, and nobody would be surprised if you've acted out on them. People like you usually have.

    3. Who the fuck goes to "oh yes, the perfect idea for an evil character is a character who grooms minors! That is something I totally want to roleplay as!" other than those who have ageplay fantasies? Sicko.

    Didn't you have art made of this, as well?


    Yes, because everyone who plays doom has fantasies about chain sawing people in half, ripping their eyes out, decapitating people, and committing mass genocide, the people who made/played dead space and its sequels must be serial killers who torture and mutilate their victims, People like you who enjoy ghost rider must love to mass murder and torture people, and the person who wrote that garona was a daughter of rape must have been a rapist. You must think video games movies and music cause violence.
    none of that is true, and you need to stop. you are way off topic, and this is just sad that you would so willingly and adamantly try to push such insane allegations on someone. I am done replying to you.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2021-01-19 at 04:22 AM.

  7. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by Windirmere View Post
    Cuz there is a drought you potatoes
    And yet whenever we walk past an enemy hideout where they have hoarded anima, because that is also part of the drought story line, we just let those containers choke full of the stuff laying around and take the scraps of 5-35 anima instead.. great visual story telling.
    /tar Tinker-zealot /point /lol
    WoW:Shadowlands - Danuser's Divina Commedia?

  8. #228
    You're doing it wrong.

    If you just don't care about cosmetic recolours or shiny pixel mounts then anima scarcity is a non-issue. I'm yet to go out of my way to farm anima once this entire xpac. There is zero reason to care about it

  9. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    945 available today from just world quests. s0 very easy for you to get 1k in a single day, do all these thats 945, if you then kill some rares give 35 each, or even just have warmode on like i do and boom youve got 1k.
    I counted yesterday and it was only around ~600 iirc, so the daily average would probably be around 700~800.

    Regardless, my point is not that it isn't easy to grind WQs, my point is it still sucks for people who prefer doing other content in WQs. My time unfortunately is not unlimited, so if I were to spend 1-2h doing WQs every day to grind anima, I'd have to take that time from other activities I actually enjoy doing. Even if it was a lot less time, I'd still resent that you pretty much can only get it at a somewhat reasonable pace through grinding WQs.

    Like I've said before, if sanctum upgrades were supposed to be a WQ progression system only, I'd be fine with it. But the fact that it feeds a major expansion feature, and the fact that it drops from pretty much anything except Torghast suggests that it's supposed to be a reward for all endgame players. The difference is that while grinding WQs for 1~2h might grant you 600 to 1000 anima, while doing M+ or raiding for 1~2h will grant you some 60 to 120 anima at best.

    So the question might not be why is anima so rare, but even a more striking one: why is anima so rare in nearly any content but world quests?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    You're doing it wrong.

    If you just don't care about cosmetic recolours or shiny pixel mounts then anima scarcity is a non-issue. I'm yet to go out of my way to farm anima once this entire xpac. There is zero reason to care about it
    You can say that about literally anything anyone might have an issue with. "Bosses don't drop loot? Lol you're doing it wrong, just don't care about loot. Play the game for fun."
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2021-01-19 at 09:58 AM.

  10. #230
    Yeah man, just do every world quest that offers anima for 1k. Those same quests that take incredibly long, especially compared to previous expansions, for such a worthless reward.

    I don't know about you but I value my time than to spend it doing world quests for anima. Technically content that is more difficult or more time consuming should be more rewarding, but that's currently not even close to the case. What's that? You just timed a +14? Killed a mythic raid boss? Here, have 35 anima to go along with your zero loot.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

  11. #231
    Seems like one of those systems that is currently tuned to make the grind crowd happy (there isnt much else for them to do) that will then be tuned for the rest of us at some later date, when there is new grind content available.

    So so far Ive just been ignoring it and, I have to say, I've never felt less punished for doing so in any expansion. Nothing anima related (outside the 1000/week) interests me in the slightest. The Queens garden can barely be called gameplay and has bad rewards. No reason to engage with it. The mission table has nothing that I care about. The first tier of travel is more than enough to get around. The werid anima empowering thingie is beyond pointless. And then there are some cosmetic rewards that I can get, once they tuned anima properly.

    So if some weirdo out there is happy that he gets to unlock any of this for doing every world quest on the map, I am truly happy for him.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

  12. #232
    Damn bfa did more damage to the playerbase then anyone realised.

    It created this whiny subset of players that demand everything unlocked, full mythic bis, 10 mil gold, exalted with all the reps for afking 30 minutes in town and doing a couple pet battles.

    Glad to see the forums flooded with "RAN 3 DUNGEONS ALL WEEK AND ONLY GOT 1 PIECE F U BLIZZARD UNSUB!!!!!!"

    Makes work fun reading this shit.

  13. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Most world quests that give AP give more then 90, Rev is just rev, lying through his teeth to try and make a problem that does not exist.
    He may have been looking at the anima item itself and not the quantity of them. Seeing that an item gives 35 might get him down, not noticing he got 5 of them.
    The most difficult thing for people to do is objectively look at something they don't like and be able to accept that it is not bad, that other people like it, and if it was changed to the way they'd like it that other people would not like it and want it changed back. The second most is to receive something they didn't want or ask for and be grateful for it, not immediately demand what they wanted instead.

  14. #234
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    It's just cosmetics, who cares if you get them later once the anima drought that they've been speaking about since blizzcon has ended.
    So if a game is a shitfest up until a later patch that is totally acceptable? If players learn in masses, that an expansion launch is a waste of time and they should just stay unsubbed till x.2, is that good?
    I feel like I'm from another planet when people don't see how effort:gain ratio matters.

    You know, I think the gear acquisition rate in shadowlands is great! It doesn't affect me at all, so who cares if other players are wasting their time and monthly sub on it? Right?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Windirmere View Post
    Cuz there is a drought you potatoes
    See, this is why I think this is bad game design. You pack the 9.0 patch FULL of collectibles (launch usually has the most content and fresh art etc), and then you say "lol but you can not get it becuz """"""lore""""""!" Who designs games like this?

    Here's a couple of dozens mounts and pets and everything! Can not get it!
    Like transmog? Heres a bunch for tens of thousands of anima. Can not get it!
    Here, see, supposedly cool sanctum buildings with supposedly great outdoor activities! Can not upgrade it!
    Just what game does this?
    Last edited by Lei; 2021-01-19 at 10:59 AM.

  15. #235
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    So if a game is a shitfest up until a later patch that is totally acceptable? If players learn in masses, that an expansion launch is a waste of time and they should just stay unsubbed till x.2, is that good?
    I feel like I'm from another planet when people don't see how effort:gain ratio matters.

    You know, I think the gear acquisition rate in shadowlands is great! It doesn't affect me at all, so who cares if other players are wasting their time and monthly sub on it? Right?

    - - - Updated - - -



    See, this is why I think this is bad game design. You pack the 9.0 patch FULL of collectibles (launch usually has the most content and fresh art etc), and then you say "lol but you can not get it becuz """"""lore""""""!" Who designs games like this?
    To be fair, blizzard should have just hard locked/released the building levels and tmogs later because adhd ocd spergs such as yourself can't just... wait a couple weeks for your 710th mount or a recolor of a tmog set your given for free. It's not like... you know... you work towards it over time and the option to get ahead is there if you want to spend the time.

  16. #236
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I admit it isnt a make it or break it issue but has anyone else found it a struggle to simply escape together enough anima to upgrade your covenant much less buy any of the cosmetics?

    I admit the content I enjoy doesn't overly reward anima but it does strike me as odd just how hard to come by it is.
    Nothing odd. Blizzard wants you to log in everyday for months. If you expected to upgrade everything 2/3 months after release without any time gating of some sort, then I really dont know what to tell you.... Maybe you are new to the game?

  17. #237
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    To be fair, blizzard should have just hard locked/released the building levels and tmogs later because adhd ocd spergs such as yourself can't just... wait a couple weeks for your 710th mount or a recolor of a tmog set your given for free. It's not like... you know... you work towards it over time and the option to get ahead is there if you want to spend the time.
    You are aware that THIS is the outdoor activity? You are aware that conservatory doesn't even work till tier 4? you put in a rare seed and you get 5 fish in 3 days. At LEAST if lower tiers would work and would be somewhat satistfactory, but only the Abomination stitching works on lower tiers. (unsure about kyrian). Party place on tier 2? Give me a break. THIS IS THE FOCAL POINT OF THE EXPANSION. The whole special building is tuned to be enjoyable at tier 5. So how long do you think players will wait to get something back from spending ~40k anima and months of work on it? How many weekly parties on tier 1-2-3 before players say "this is dumb"?
    Last edited by Lei; 2021-01-19 at 11:13 AM.

  18. #238
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    To be fair, blizzard should have just hard locked/released the building levels and tmogs later because adhd ocd spergs such as yourself can't just... wait a couple weeks for your 710th mount or a recolor of a tmog set your given for free. It's not like... you know... you work towards it over time and the option to get ahead is there if you want to spend the time.
    How is the game any better for it?

    It's not even just that it's a long grind, it's that it is a grind that appears to be universal to all endgame content, but realistically is only WQ related. Because if you only do dungeons and raids, you currently get anima at a rate that will allow you to unlock the building levels in ~15 months if you don't spend any on cosmetics, whereas if you do all anima WQs every day you might be done with it in ~4 months.

    I'm curious though, is there any length of time where you'd think it reasonable to complain? Or is any grind you can "work towards over time" good, no matter how long, in your opinion?

  19. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    Yeah man, just do every world quest that offers anima for 1k. Those same quests that take incredibly long, especially compared to previous expansions, for such a worthless reward.
    Most world quests take less then 10 mins to do. They are not incredibly long compared to other expansions.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    You are aware that THIS is the outdoor activity? You are aware that conservatory doesn't even work till tier 4? you put in a rare seed and you get 5 fish in 3 days. At LEAST if lower tiers would work and would be somewhat satistfactory, but only the Abomination stitching works on lower tiers. (unsure about kyrian). Party place on tier 2? Give me a break. THIS IS THE FOCAL POINT OF THE EXPANSION. The whole special building is tuned to be enjoyable at tier 5. So how long do you think players will wait to get something back from spending ~40k anima and months of work on it? How many weekly parties on tier 1-2-3 before players say "this is dumb"?
    https://www.wowhead.com/guides/night...s-conservatory

    It works before tier 4. Weird that you complain you have to play the game for anima then also complain you don't get all the rewards until you upgrade something that requires anima. Anima isn't what holds people back from upgrading the "focal point of the expansion". Souls are. There are people that have been Anima capped each week which is 35k anima.

    Weird right? We already know how long it will take for players to say it is dumb because that is the argument you and others are putting forth. That it is dumb that you have to play the game in order to get rewards from the game. Weird right? That suddenly having to actually play a game is bad game design.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  20. #240
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Completely correct, and that has already been extensively covered in this thread on several separate occasions. I definitely agree that these rewards being cosmetic and thus optional is a huge improvement to previous expansions. It just isn't material to the argument.

    Why gate these rewards by making people grind? I can't speak for anyone else, but I personally don't enjoy grinding and wish it was relaxed a substantial amount. I would have a lot more fun if anima rewards were roughly quadrupled.
    If you don't like doing the work, these rewards aren't for you. You're literally asking for Blizzard to hand you stuff because you don't want to do the work to obtain them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •