Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, it's not. The issue is players having no patience. You can't even finish Sanctum upgrades till end of March anyway. You only need more than 5k anima per week if you want to buy cosmetics on top of that. 5k doesn't even require doing all world quests, nevermind anything else.
    I raid, run M+, do my torghast, my covenant daily, do world boss, andtry to keep my table running (Venthyr here so gimped on table). How are you getting 5k a week with no world quests? I usually get my 1K Friday give or take a day.

I don’t really care but 5K?
    "Peace is a lie"

If you do the weekly dungeon quests (God knows I don't), they're 175 anima apiece, and the weekly PvP quests (which I also don't do) are 250 and 500 anima respectively. So that's a good bit to start off, but it won't get you anywhere near 5k unless you grind WQs.

No, it's not. The issue is players having no patience. You can't even finish Sanctum upgrades till end of March anyway. You only need more than 5k anima per week if you want to buy cosmetics on top of that. 5k doesn't even require doing all world quests, nevermind anything else.
    So to get anything beyond the sanctum upgrades you need to do all the anima WQ's every day for 6 days a week...
    I don't think that is 'nothing'. Especially when WQ's are boring, tedious and a bunch of them only give 1x35 token.

Why do dungeons and raids drop such pitiful amounts? why do WQ's with 1 token reward even exist?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    it IS 100% false.

this is what a normal day looks like:

thats 560 animas. and please dont try to sell a worldboss as daily lol
    1. seems you cant count.
    2. no its not a daily, but it is an option, so any one specific day you can do the world boss for 250 anima
    3. you seem to have done some of the anima world quests cause uhhhhh.....

not including world boss there is 945 anima up. as you can see, 140,105,105,105,105,70,105,70,70,70
    and its even more then 945 cause im in warmode meaning a bonus 10% anima.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Forgive me for not wanting to spend 2 plus hours doing boring world quests and actually wanting to get a decent amount from raiding M+ and pvp
    it takes you 2 fucking hours to do a couple world quests? you need to stop rp walking from quest to quest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Said the necrolord with their fucked up conductors that gave them daily 2x250 to 1000 up until 4th of january. Hilarious. How can be someone this disingenous. Jeeez.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...he_anima_that/

"For Necrolord, I'm getting at least one quest for 500 Anima almost every day, often times 2 quests for 1000. I'd say on average it's probably 700 Anima per day. For Venthyr, I've seen 4 or 5 quests that gave any Anima at all in 2 weeks, and it's only 1 to 3 pieces of 35.

For the last 5 days, I wrote down exactly what I was offered: Necrolord 500, 1000, 1000, 500, 1000 ; Venthyr 0, 0, 105, 105, 0. That's 4000 Anima compared to 210."
    yes and? that only equaled to 5000 anima, as each time you did the quest it removed the reward, meaning once you did all 10 dailies you no longer got anima.

but here you go

todays world quests equal 945 anima.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Apart from the when I completed Denathrius' kill followup quests, or when I deliver the weekly event quest, I have never gotten 1k in a single day.
    My average is probably around 1.5k to 2k a week at best - doing 2 raid nights, 4 to 10 M+, 2+ Torghast runs, weeklies, most callings and some pvp. Could it be higher if I cleared all anima world quests? Sure. But I'm spending my game time on the things I enjoy doing, WQs aren't really a part of that, especially to get like 1% or 2% of the anima I need for the next upgrade.

Now if anima is supposed to be a WQ only thing, I'd be fine with it. But it drops from most content, so it seems to be supposed to be obtainable by any gameplay style. It's just that raids and M+ don't reward any decent and consistent amount of anima for the time you spend in them, and Torghast gives none at all.

945 available today from just world quests. s0 very easy for you to get 1k in a single day, do all these thats 945, if you then kill some rares give 35 each, or even just have warmode on like i do and boom youve got 1k.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    This is why one can't have conversations in mmo champ. The need to play dumb is tireing. Like one isn't answering to a post and is talking in a void. Suit yourself. My answer was plenty obvious.

You do know WQs spawn every 6 hours btw? It's not just do all the quests daily and you're done. You gotta come back. You gotta do that stuff all the time. It's a collosal waste of time. And no, many take way longer than 2m. Actually, i can only think of the rings one being that fast if you do it right. Those are rarities and you know it. Oh and lets not forget you have to do that 4x if you want the cosmetics from all covenants.
    Hey if you want to waste your life like that, go on ahead. No chance i will do that. I'd rather stop playing.
    Thankfully, i don't care as i hate AP grinding and no cosmetic is worth that time commitment.

But, i also know Blizz will make changes to it.
    that is not how world quests work buddy im sorry.
    all world quests have ATLEAST a 24 hour timer.
    yes world quests spawn every TWELVE HOURS not 6 hours.
    but they spawn and will last until that time the next day, meaning as long as you log on and do your world quests once a day you are fine.
    if you want to get the most out of a single day you can do them all, wait a few hours then do the new ones, but you dont need to, ALL WORLD QUESTS (except the pvp quest) have atleast 24 hours on them. (the pvp world quests are every 6 hours)

also there is many that only take 2 mins lets look right now
    colelct 10 anima cones, yeah literally 2 minutes
    ride a flayedwing, yep 2 minutes
    kill 3 mobs on the back of flayed wings, yep 2 mins
    kill 1 mob and carry its slime 2 feet, actually literally 20 seconds
    speak to 5 owls, and 5 people, yep 2 mins
    carry 5 anima cones to the middle, yep literally 2 mins

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    If there's new stuff being added in patches, then why does the current stuff require such ludicrous amounts of anima to acquire?
    Either that shit is supposed to last 24 months and that would explain the prices, or this shit is only supposed to last for 1 content cycle, in which case it's just way too fucking expensive.

Are you seriously too dense to see the disconnect here?
    Because once you have high level followers, and you have unlocked all the upgrades for your base, you are gunna have 0 use for anima other then those cosmetics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Am I the only one seeing the same WQ for like 1 single 35 anima and at times and then 4 at others? Unless it's a vehicle combat wq or something similarly quick, I don't bother unless a 3x or higher.
    when expac first launched i did every single anima world quest for the first week, then after that only the ones that were 70, then once i hit 35k i only did the ones that give atleast 100, and thats how i am now, and im constantly at anima cap, even after cosmetics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Most of the time you wouldnt even get 1k doing that, you'd need to get really luck with the WQ's.

Felplague is just full of shit and always exaggerates things in blizzards favor. Notice how they mention other forms of content all of which give a near none-existant pitance of anima.

please tell me how this screenshot is exaggerating? i would love to know how i can exaggerate so hard to bend reality to my will, i need to know how to utilize this superpower you think i have.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    New here?

Felplague is the local blizzard shill, like by an alarming extent. They always defend and exaggerate for blizzard and are exceptionally dishonest.
    Again please tell me how i can exaggerate hard enough to bend reality to my will like you seem to imply i can do, cause i said "you can get 1k in a day easily" and here you have screenshot proof, but you say thats impossible and i am exaggerating as i "always do"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Oh, yeah. Necros hit the jackpot. I think they should have buffed other covenants up to necros, not nerf necros, because by the time it was nerfed, they were ahead by miles.
    yeah they really should have, especially since that anima was ONLY given on the FIRST completion of the daily, after that you get 0 anima, so it would make sense to bring everyone up to the same level, instead of nerfing necros down AFTER they have fully gotten their free 5k anima from it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yorimar View Post
    i LOL'd so hard when SHadowlands got announced and they said there wont be an AP grind. no, this time we will be gathering Anima Power. like, are you not seeing this? and its even fucking worse then it has ever been and their excuse is "bUt tHeRe iS a dRoUgHt"
    "its worse then it ever has been" in what fucking world is this worse then spamming islands 24/7 for azerite, or that one dungeon that is a soul boat i cant remember the name of for artifact power, you serious?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Anima is required to upgrade the covenant gear.
    which is lower then normal raid gear, and also easily replaced by pvp gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Well at that rate you MIGHT be able to afford all the upgrades and cosmetics by the end of this expansion (in two years). Assuming, of course, that no new upgrades or items are added, or that you take any breaks. And this is supposed to be the CASUAL system for the expansion...
    i mean if you ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME and do the anima world quests, you will freely be able to buy all the cosmetics and upgrades as you unlock them, if you take your time and only do some of the big world quests it might take a few more months, but it 100% wont take 2 years to get them all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Some of the cool looking cosmetic Renown gear is like 5,000 Anima, for each piece. So just the helm + shoulders together is like 10,000 anima. How the hell do you save up for all that?

not true, i mean close, but not true.
    4k is the TOP and that is only head, shoulders, and chest, the rerst goes 3k, and then down to 2, then 1.5k, weapons do cost 3.5k aswell, and so do backs.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2021-01-18 at 09:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    that is not how world quests work buddy im sorry.
    all world quests have ATLEAST a 24 hour timer.
    yes world quests spawn every TWELVE HOURS not 6 hours.
    Are you so sure about this? Mine seem to spawn about every 5 hours, look at the time left on your picture, and I looked at mine. It seems like they are close to 5 hr increments

8 hrs left
    13 hrs left
    17 hrs left
    22hrs left

This is consistent with what I see in game.

2hrs 58M
    7hrs 46M
    12hrs 54M
    17hrs 22M
    22hrs 10M

But you are right I have 875 anima available right now (Did WB this week already)
    "Peace is a lie"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    Are you so sure about this? Mine seem to spawn about every 5 hours, look at the time left on your picture, and I looked at mine. It seems like they are close to 5 hr increments

8 hrs left
    13 hrs left
    17 hrs left
    22hrs left

This is consistent with what I see in game.

2hrs 58M
    7hrs 46M
    12hrs 54M
    17hrs 22M
    22hrs 10M

But you are right I have 875 anima available right now (Did WB this week already)
    Yeah sorry i was wrong on the 6 hours, that is a new thing, im used to BFA where there was only 2 spawn points for world quests, the daily reset, and then 12 hours later.

in shadowlands there is new world quests spawned every 6 hours.
    but they all last ATLEAST 24 hours. which means as long as you log on once a day yo ucan do them all.

also only 875 for you? odd, for my its 945, and thats WITHOUT world boss.

oh its the 70 from the pvp world quest, yeah so if you turn on warmode there is an extra 70 anima in ardenweald for you (again warmode also gives you extra anima, so if you want anima, warmode is a buff)

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    It isn't. War resources was just table missions. Anima gates covenant progression and a ton of cosmetic stuff.
    Yes, cosmetics. Which means that if you can't keep up, you're not exactly missing out on much. Renown only requires a pittance.

I raid, run M+, do my torghast, my covenant daily, do world boss, andtry to keep my table running (Venthyr here so gimped on table). How are you getting 5k a week with no world quests? I usually get my 1K Friday give or take a day.

I don’t really care but 5K?
    Doesn't require all world quests, not doesn't require world quests at all. And if you need till Friday, you're doing something wrong. I've yet to have a week where i don't finish it immediately on reset day, usually with quite a bit of anima to spare.

5k is easy. 10k is doable but requires some effort. Neither requires running dungeons or raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    So to get anything beyond the sanctum upgrades you need to do all the anima WQ's every day for 6 days a week...
    I don't think that is 'nothing'. Especially when WQ's are boring, tedious and a bunch of them only give 1x35 token.

Why do dungeons and raids drop such pitiful amounts? why do WQ's with 1 token reward even exist?
    What's it with you guys and throwing strawmen everywhere? No, you don't. You need more than 5k if you want to buy the cosmetics now, while you're still upgrading and still want to finish upgrades as early as possible. Alternately, you can just delay one or the other.

You're all being greedy. Anima is fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, the timers aren't synchronised (different zones can have refresh at different times). But for each WQ that runs out, a new one is activated in the same zone, so the total number of WQs active is static. Also, they all last 24h except for the Rare Elite for the epic calling, which is synchronised with the calling.

Doesn't require all world quests, not doesn't require world quests at all. And if you need till Friday, you're doing something wrong. I've yet to have a week where i don't finish it immediately on reset day, usually with quite a bit of anima to spare.
    I missed doesn't require ALL. I am not doing anything wrong as I don't really care about getting it, so only do WQ when I have to on the do 3 WQ covenant daily. Even when it is defend xxx, I would rather spam a quick heroic (not sure why M+ doesn't count) to fill the bar.

I CHOOSE not to do WQ if I don't have to and am ok with not getting anima. Raiding gets you 35/boss. Stupid when a WQ can give you 140 (and I am not getting gear drops in raid, so...), a M+ gives you 35 at end (again stupid). I know you get gear in raids and m+, well in theory you do. Only 3 raids drops since release, but that is another thread

So for people like me who work all day, the time raiding and running M+ is more fun than grinding out anima. So no, not doing anything wrong.

P.S. I am Venthyr and our command table is broken so not a lot there
    P.S.S. good thing Anima isn't really important so I am cool with this choice
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I have never once gotten more than 600 anima from doing all the anima world quests in a day. So I'd love to know which ones you're doing for that extra 400 anima.
    Every 4 hours or so more quests come up. If you start playing say 2pm in afternoon, clear the map. Come back say 8pm there'll be 2-3 new quests in each zone.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorimar View Post
    i LOL'd so hard when SHadowlands got announced and they said there wont be an AP grind. no, this time we will be gathering Anima Power. like, are you not seeing this? and its even fucking worse then it has ever been and their excuse is "bUt tHeRe iS a dRoUgHt"
    Past the 1000 anima per week quest until you unlock all of soulbind, it's not attached to player power in the slightest. It is theoretically completely optional past that point. And the 1000 anima per week is so ridiculously easy to get. 250 from world boss, I usually get a 250 WQ at least once a week, 350 by completing the 2 dungeon weeklys from Oribos, leaving 150 anima, which is incredibly easy to finish up within a couple of minutes.

You're being absolutely ridiculous, this is nothing at all comparable to artifact/azerite power, which offered constant increases to player power.

Yes, cosmetics. Which means that if you can't keep up, you're not exactly missing out on much. Renown only requires a pittance.
    Completely correct, and that has already been extensively covered in this thread on several separate occasions. I definitely agree that these rewards being cosmetic and thus optional is a huge improvement to previous expansions. It just isn't material to the argument.

Why gate these rewards by making people grind? I can't speak for anyone else, but I personally don't enjoy grinding and wish it was relaxed a substantial amount. I would have a lot more fun if anima rewards were roughly quadrupled.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2021-01-18 at 11:22 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why gate these rewards by making people grind? I can't speak for anyone else, but I personally don't enjoy grinding and wish it was relaxed a substantial amount. I would have a lot more fun if anima rewards were roughly quadrupled.
    That doesn't really work with the argument you keep making. Because you would still have to grind for anima regardless of the amount being quadrupled or not. The method to get anima won't change when the amount of anima you get does. So if it is a grind now it will be a grind later. Just do a few dailies a day and you'll have surplus anima. Weird right? Playing the game actually gets you more.

The rewards are not gated by a grind. 6 or 7 dailies a day that take less then an hour to do is by no means a grind.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

People on this thread defending farming world quests daily on 4 characters for cosmetics for what i am guessing is at least 6 months to a year. If this is not detached from reality i don't know what is.

Please, you do that. Don't come tell the rest of us that that callous distegard of time and fun is something the rest of us want to go through though.
    It is completely unnacceptable. You will see when rewards get buffed how you wasted days of your life on nothing and trying to defend the indenfensible to justify it.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-01-19 at 12:29 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    People on this thread defending farming world quests daily on 4 characters for cosmetics for what i am guessing is at least 6 months to a year. If this is not detached from reality i don't know what is.

Please, you do that. Don't come tell the rest of us that that callous distegard of time and fun is something the rest of us want to go through though.
    It is completely unnacceptable. You will see when rewards get buffed how you wasted days of your life on nothing and trying to defend the indenfensible to justify it.
    it does not take 6 months to a year, you are literally crazy.
    also who activly plays 4 charecters? seriously, how fucking much of the community do you think has 4 main charecters?

are you gunna complain next that raiding takes too long, and so we should be able to just log on and auto-collect raid gear, cause clearing the raid 4 times a week would take forever?

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Every 4 hours or so more quests come up. If you start playing say 2pm in afternoon, clear the map. Come back say 8pm there'll be 2-3 new quests in each zone.
    I haven't seen a single WQ today that offers more than like...90 anima. And I really don't want to be online all day just to get more than a small amount of anima

7+ Year Old Account
    Completely correct, and that has already been extensively covered in this thread on several separate occasions. I definitely agree that these rewards being cosmetic and thus optional is a huge improvement to previous expansions. It just isn't material to the argument.

"Why make players play the game to unlock rewards"

How long have you been playing wow, that only now you are complaining about having to unlock rewards instead of just logging on and being given all the loot and rewards the game could offer?

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't seen a single WQ today that offers more than like...90 anima. And I really don't want to be online all day just to get more than a small amount of anima
    Funny you say that cause there is...

6 up right now that offer above 90.
    then there is also the daily in maldraxxus so thats 7.
    and you dont need to be on all day, you only need to log on once a day to be able to do all the world quests.

lol and just as i say that 2 more spawned!

so im gunna finish up this ful lclear and show just how much anima i got from doing the AP quests from today. NO WEEKLIES
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2021-01-19 at 12:38 AM.

It all got flushed into the Maw? Like, that's the story of the expansion, right?

I'm sure we'll get more in future patches, to the point where we're spewing anima out of every orifice like some sort of interdimensional anima god. But not in 9.0.

LOLOL "the 1k is enough torture" dude on Tuesdays i finish the 1k anima quest in 15 minutes usually.

Lol people are so inauthentic on here

"Why make players play the game to unlock rewards"

How long have you been playing wow, that only now you are complaining about having to unlock rewards instead of just logging on and being given all the loot and rewards the game could offer?

- - - Updated - - -

Funny you say that cause there is...

6 up right now that offer above 90.
    then there is also the daily in maldraxxus so thats 7.
    and you dont need to be on all day, you only need to log on once a day to be able to do all the world quests.

lol and just as i say that 2 more spawned!

so im gunna finish up this ful lclear and show just how much anima i got from doing the AP quests from today. NO WEEKLIES
    Right right. It's almost like you didn't read my post or something. I said I haven't seen any world quests. I don't give a fuck what your map says because my map looks different. So buzz off.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wavebossa View Post
    Lol people are so inauthentic on here
    1. go kill world boss get 275
    2. go kill the other weekly elite world quest get another 275
    - we already at 550
    3. go do 3 world quests
    1012 ap, done in under 15 minutes.

again, how is that "inauthentic"

- - - Updated - - -

Right right. It's almost like you didn't read my post or something. I said I haven't seen any world quests. I don't give a fuck what your map says because my map looks different. So buzz off.
    LOLOLOLOL yes, i have hacked the game and made blizz give me more AP from world quests by atleast 50, yep. totally.
    i mean its not like you can literally go to wowhead right now and see the rewards there and it literally confirms the exact same amount, but yeah no sure, blizz has punished you and made it so ONLY YOU get less AP from world quests then EVERYONE ELSE.

So i went and did all of today's AP world quests just to test just to see how much i could get, no weeklies, no "every 3 days world quests" no rares, and here is my total

All blues are worth 35 each
    the greens are worth 3, excpet the scrolls those are 5.
    Here is the total amount desposited, this took me 58 minutes to do, i was eating and went to the bathroom and well posted on here during that time aswell.

yeah, almost 2000.
    i had 945 available, then 105, then a 140, then a 105, and 2 70's ontop, and warmode bonus, plus some from the mobs i killed from some world quests.

https://www.wowhead.com/world-quests/sl/na
    Dangerous harvest 4x35
    ahhh real monsters 3x35
    air supremecy 3x35
    all will be consumed 3x35
    centurions assemble 4x35
    dirty job demolition detail 3x35
    just winging it 3x35

limbo 2x35
    mixing a mess 2x35
    our heart wil go on 3x35
    pupa trooper 2x35
    seed hunting 2x35
    bet on yourself 3x35
    all the bolded ones give OVER 90 anima, you really are saying that they dont exist, and im lying? Or are you just admitting you dont even know how to read your own map?

- - - Updated - - -

It isn't. War resources was just table missions. Anima gates covenant progression and a ton of cosmetic stuff.

Can you link to a post in this thread where I'm in rage mode? Otherwise, it seems like you're attacking the poster again like that other guy, and that just makes me a sad panda.
    War resources was also required to unlock the base upgrades, the vendor goods, and also research progress, aswell as one of the possible currencies for your weekly bonus loot.

Anima gates covenent progression and a ton of cosmetic stuff
    war resources gated war campaign progression and tons of cosmetic stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post

Not really, i just did all the world quests today and got almost 2k anima, that means i can buy a cosmetic peice every other day and still have some leftover depending on the thing i buy. easily enough to buy a base upgrade.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2021-01-19 at 01:15 AM.