Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Artificial time gate, like all Blizz gating mechanism to slow/halt progression to their liking?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    5 fish in 3 days = works. "Play the game". This is why you come here? Because I can not believe someone can be this ignorant by mistake.
    Because that is the way it is designed. Add a catalyst and it increases your rewards. It is weird to call someone ignorant for saying it works and you can get good rewards at tier 2. A low reward at low ranks doesn't equal broken. It may suck but there is a difference between working and broken. But since you throw around the word ignorant I don't expect you to be able to see that distinction.

I already have 1k anima this week from 50 mins of work. Add another 500 to that with the world boss and the calling world quest which only took about 15 extra mins for both. So the only limiting factor is souls. This week I'll have 25 once I do the quest but with tier 3 requiring 22 souls, tier 4 40, and tier 5 70 I'll be capped on Anima before I even have the souls. The next soul keeper upgrade is at Renown 32 and with out the campaign we only gain 2 renown a week now. Just play the game a little and you will have more then enough anima.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-01-19 at 06:23 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You're literally asking for Blizzard to hand you stuff because you don't want to do the work to obtain them.
    Much like rhorle, I'm going to stop responding to you, because you are not interested in a conversation about the issues, just attacking the poster. Good day to you, sir. I said good day!

Back on topic, all anima rewards should be quadrupled, across the entire expansion. The weekly 1000 anima quest should be increased to 4000 so it isn't instantly satisfied, but nothing else needs to be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Much like rhorle, I'm going to stop responding to you, because you are not interested in a conversation about the issues, just attacking the poster. Good day to you, sir. I said good day!

Back on topic, all anima rewards should be quadrupled, across the entire expansion.
    Maybe learn what an ad hominem actually is. You're the one refusing to engage in discussion here, only wanting to hear people agree with you.

Where are we now, 7th week? I have no idea what my covenant hall does, I haven’t upgraded any of it and don’t really see any reason to and I haven’t done any dailies whatsoever because again, I don’t really see any reason to.

I dont fully understand what any of it is for to be honest and I don’t feel like I’ve missed out on anything either.

Yeah I hope the rewards increase soon... 35k for the covenant armor recolor I want is a bit far ahead when you gotta also upgrade other stuff :-/. And that is just 1 character I'm not talking about my 3 alts...

I'm surprised they said nothing yet TBH. I'm also finding it's in a weird place. Like it's supposed to be THE resource to get but at the same time, it doesn't feel quite like you're missing it out on much if you don't farm it at all. The rewards are mostly costmetic as far as I could see? With a few pretty useless powers? I'm basically doing the bare minimum and I don't quite feel like I've been missing out on all that much TBH.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Declaron View Post
    Where are we now, 7th week? I have no idea what my covenant hall does, I haven’t upgraded any of it and don’t really see any reason to and I haven’t done any dailies whatsoever because again, I don’t really see any reason to.

I dont fully understand what any of it is for to be honest and I don’t feel like I’ve missed out on anything either.
    Everything with upgrading the covenant stuff revolves mainly around cosmetic/toy/mount stuff.
    There are mission tables for ash, some callings give items (below raid quality, so if you raid, they are vendor trash), and upgrading the transportation network affords you more convenient moving about (but if you don't do WQs, it's kinda moot anyway).
    In other words, no, you're not missing much.

As far as anima goes, the problem is that they allowed everything to be seen right up front.
    You have the upgrade sanctum portion showing all levels, you have vendors offering a wide variety of mog and mounts for anima/treasures, the whole nine.
    If they would have hidden it all and unrolled the carpet as renown/soul caps would allow, then all these people demanding more anima wouldn't be losing their shit because FOMO wouldn't be kicking in as much.

I'm of the camp that I'm thrilled anima does not have anything to do with character power.
    I had zero desire to farm AP in Legion, even less than zero desire in BFA (read: I unsubbed for a big chunk of time), and now that Anima is effectively decoupled from player power, it's great.
    I've upgraded each building in my sanctum to 2 and haven't bothered to do anything else from there because I just don't care about mog and mounts.
    I can play daily, play every other day, here and there, and as long as I make raid, I don't miss on anything.
    It's great having a farmable resource that is not necessary for anything related to character power.

I think there's more of a case that there's "too much" stuff one wants to buy with anima right now versus anima being rare. Once the sanctum upgrades get taken care of (which are time-gated, so you aren't anima starved as a result), all that anima is going to be left for cosmetics. Even with the constant upgrades and doing the mission table very often as it's usually net anima-neutral/positive, I'm sitting at rough 30k anima.

There's many sources of high anima income, such as weekly quests or the occasional 250 anima WQs... but even your average WQ can give you 100-120 anima. I normally finish the weekly 1k anima in less than an hour, so I'm not sure how people are not able to complete that in a week. However, I will say that high-end content (raids, M+, etc) should be offering WAY more anima for completing the content or killing bosses. Getting 35 anima for killing a mythic raid boss is nonsensical, I'd imagine that 250 anima per boss regardless of difficulty would be much better. Similar arguments could be made for end-of-chest anima from M+, as doing a 15 or higher only to get 35 anima is kind of an insult. If that change was made, that would probably alleviate most issues that people have with the system.

Regardless, most content requiring anima is optional, the exception being the current week for covnenants if you have to unlock a soulbind conduit. Catch-up mechanic is really fast for getting Renown, so it's not really an issue.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

If you don't like doing the work, these rewards aren't for you. You're literally asking for Blizzard to hand you stuff because you don't want to do the work to obtain them.
    Except they literally did not do that and, instead, literally asked Blizzard to relax the anima grind. There's literally a literal difference between relaxing a grind and removing it altogether. Especially since that even with quadrupling anima gains like @Schizoide proposed it'd take more than a week to get the renown set and even more to fully upgrade the Covenant Sanctum. What kind of time-warping standards do you have where over a week of doing mundane world quests is not doing any work and getting handed stuff by Blizzard for free? But hey, they indirectly criticized Blizzard, so it's hyperbole o'clock time in order to dismiss that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

I was kinda mad at first but we are supposed to feel starved of it so we know the plight of each zone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Especially since that even with quadrupling anima gains like @Schizoide proposed it'd take more than a week to get the renown set and even more to fully upgrade the Covenant Sanctum.
    Why is it bad that it takes longer then a week to get a full set of transmog? Not to mention your math is off. It is easy to get 7k for the week now so if everything is increased by 4 that would but weekly gain at 28,000. A full set of transmog costs 25,000. It isn't surprising that people don't care to educate themselves on how much you can gain when they can just whine about having to play the game to get stuff.

And now people are limited by souls rather then anima. This week you could have 1 level 3 with everything else level 2. It will take two weeks to get a second level 3 since we only gain souls 15 at a time. Level 3 requires 22 souls. We don't upgrade the soul keeper until renown 32.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Except they literally did not do that and, instead, literally asked Blizzard to relax the anima grind. There's literally a literal difference between relaxing a grind and removing it altogether.
    No, there isn't. Both are asking Blizzard to take away effort because they aren't willing to put it in but still want the reward.

Especially since that even with quadrupling anima gains like @Schizoide proposed it'd take more than a week to get the renown set and even more to fully upgrade the Covenant Sanctum.
    Because you can't get souls fast enough, yes. Anima was never the limiting factor. And why is not being able to get the renown set in one week even an issue? That's pretty much just saying "i don't want to wait".

Anima gains are... extremely slow. I'll eventually unlock level 3 transport for the portal, then probably never look at anima again. The time / reward ratio is beyond reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    The time / reward ratio is beyond reason.
    Yep, that's it in a nutshell.

No, there isn't. Both are asking Blizzard to take away effort because they aren't willing to put it in but still want the reward.

Because you can't get souls fast enough, yes. Anima was never the limiting factor. And why is not being able to get the renown set in one week even an issue? That's pretty much just saying "i don't want to wait".
    you get 15 souls in 10 minutes of work right now. in 3 weeks it will be 20 per week.

Sure can't keep up on upgrades by spending 10 minutes per week collecting Anima.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    you get 15 souls in 10 minutes of work right now. in 3 weeks it will be 20 per week. Sure can't keep up on upgrades by spending 10 minutes per week collecting Anima.
    That is dumb comparison. There is no weekly one quest cap on Anima so of course you can't do it once and be all set. Why is it bad that you have to play the game to actually get something?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    you get 15 souls in 10 minutes of work right now. in 3 weeks it will be 20 per week.

Sure can't keep up on upgrades by spending 10 minutes per week collecting Anima.
    In 10 minutes I can get all the souls I'll need.
    In 10 minutes, the average time to travel to AND do one world quest, I can get 100 anima.

Slight difference, you might agree?

Hours/day to maintain an AP grind is NOT something I will do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Most world quests take less then 10 mins to do. They are not incredibly long compared to other expansions.
    In BFA half the world quests were "kill single target". My Mage enjoyed ending them in the opening burst window. But I honestly only did them with regularity because they took literal seconds per quest. If it took hours/day to accomplish the same task, my time is better served else where.

Why do so many WoW players feel entitled to everything that blizzard adds to the game? They put the renown sets in because they are cool and if you like to look cool then you won't bitch and complain and go farm up the necessary resources to get the cool set. It's no different then rewards that were locked behind long rep grinds, etc. If you really wanted it you would go do what you have to. No one is forcing you to farm that cool t-mog set. Blizzard has put it into the game to be attained, not to be handed out to every casual that plays the game for 1/2 months and quits.

I'm surprised we don't get more (or any) from the actual maw/torghast. I mean I thought all the anima (sources, soul power) was being sent there, and that's why its scarce in the various realms. Figured we'd get piles of anima down there, but all we get is ash and dust and whatever stygia is.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    That is dumb comparison. There is no weekly one quest cap on Anima so of course you can't do it once and be all set. Why is it bad that you have to play the game to actually get something?
    No one here is saying its bad to have to play the game. The complaint is about HOW MUCH of the games needs to be played to get something.

It doesn't need to be trivialised either. Simply doubling the current Anima amounts would go a very long way to making the grind feel better without making everything instant.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death