Thread: Mouse for PvP

15+ Year Old Account

Mouse for PvP

Figured this is the best forum to ask.

I'm finding it hard to deal with all the buttons I need to press. It's so bad that I've been ditching essential active pvp skills in favor of worse passives just so I have less buttons to press.

I'm currently using G502 Hero which is a great mouse. But it doesn't have enough buttons.
    The one useful button on the side is too far forward that I can't easily reach. Pretty dumb design if you ask me.

I already have a bunch of key bindings I use.
    Q, E, R, F, T, that button left to number 1 and 5 mouse buttons.
    I tried binding with shift but I can't seem to get used to it. I always end up messing up my rotation or more often just click on the skills instead of using shift.

Looking at Razer Naga Trinity. It seems to have plenty of buttons for different situations.
    However I would like something with buttons on the right side as well.

Sorry, are you looking for a mouse with buttons on both sides of the mouse?

Honestly, if you want to arena beyond 1600, you really need to get used to using shift. There just aren't useful keys to not use shift, even with a naga.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Sorry, are you looking for a mouse with buttons on both sides of the mouse?

Honestly, if you want to arena beyond 1600, you really need to get used to using shift. There just aren't useful keys to not use shift, even with a naga.
    hell, when I played I got to the point where i had Ctrl+ bindings as well, works much more than people think.

Getting the muscle memory for shift+ keybinds takes a bit but its necessary, it saves you so much room on your keyboard than using the mouse functions for keybind macros.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

I'm not sure it's possible to play at a high level without shift/ctrl binds. There just aren't enough buttons even if you had that MMO mouse with 15 buttons or something.

1-5(6 if you have long fingers)
    QERTFGZXCVB
    MB 1-5, Scroll

Shift + 1-5
    Shift + QERTFGZXCVB
    Shift+ MB 1-5

Ctrl + 1-5
    Ctrl + QERTFGZXCVB
    Ctrl + MB 1-5

You can use ALT aswell.

No need for naga mouse

Quote Originally Posted by d00mh4cker View Post
    QERTFGZXCVB
    MB 1-5, Scroll

Shift + 1-5
    Shift + QERTFGZXCVB
    Shift+ MB 1-5

Ctrl + 1-5
    Ctrl + QERTFGZXCVB
    Ctrl + MB 1-5

You can use ALT aswell.

No need for naga mouse
    Nice. But how do you zoom out if you assign wheel?(honest question)?.

You could bind some mouse buttons to Ctrl, Shift or Alt (or Ctrl+Shift, Ctrl+Alt..) and use that instead of the key.

15+ Year Old Account
    No one quoted me so I forgot about this thread.

Some very good suggestions here that gave me an idea.
    My 502 Hero mouse have snipe button way too far for me to reach, but I could bind mouse wheel click to shift which would be easier to access.

However, I ordered Redragon M908 Impact.
    It's a Razer Naga clone, way cheaper, got good reviews and apparently Redragon used to make perhipherials for Razer before they become a separate company.

I used to click for years before I forced myself to learn keybinding. The keybinds I have are as follows:

Keyboard:
    - WASD to move
    - Q, E, R, F, C, X
    - Shift + Q, E, R, F, C, X

My mouse is the Logitech G300s so has an extra 6 buttons which I have bound to numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 so the keybinds I have on my mouse are:

- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
    - Shift + 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
    - CTRL + 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
    - ALT + 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
    - Mouse Wheel Up (MWU)
    - Mouse Wheel Down (MWD)
    - Middle Wheel Click (MWC)
    - Shift + MWU
    - Shift + MWD
    - Shift + MWC

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    As the camera messes up sometimes when you exit a vehicle (for instance) I cound m camera zoom buttons to the num pads + and - keys. + to zoom in and - to zoom out. This gives me access to 42 binds in total and I can expand on that if I wish with further CTRL and ALT variations but I have yet to find a class where those keybinds have not been enough.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Whysper View Post
    I used to click for years before I forced myself to learn keybinding. The keybinds I have are as follows:

Keyboard:
    - WASD to move
    - Q, E, R, F, C, X
    - Shift + Q, E, R, F, C, X

My mouse is the Logitech G300s so has an extra 6 buttons which I have bound to numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 so the keybinds I have on my mouse are:

- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
    - Shift + 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
    - CTRL + 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
    - ALT + 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
    - Mouse Wheel Up (MWU)
    - Mouse Wheel Down (MWD)
    - Middle Wheel Click (MWC)
    - Shift + MWU
    - Shift + MWD
    - Shift + MWC

As the camera messes up sometimes when you exit a vehicle (for instance) I cound m camera zoom buttons to the num pads + and - keys. + to zoom in and - to zoom out. This gives me access to 42 binds in total and I can expand on that if I wish with further CTRL and ALT variations but I have yet to find a class where those keybinds have not been enough.

Hope this helps.
    Does that mean you have som function that always zooms out for you? I ask because I constantly make sure that the camera is zoomed out.

Also - please use S as keybind. It's probably the best key available(really good for CC and reactive abilities, also with shift or control even alt).

W is forward. A is STRAFE left(not turn) and D is strafe right(not turn).

I had a this idea of binding W, A, D with shift and alt - it's some really nice keybinds.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2021-01-22 at 08:09 PM.

If you are worried about zooming out you can just bind your Arrow Keys to zoom in / out or your Numpad really.

My binds are mostly only on keyboard and they go from Q,E,R,T,Y,F,G,S,1,2,3,4,5,6 then with modifiers as CTRL, ALT, and SHIFT as well as my mouse has 2 buttons on the side
    which when bound with CTRL,ALT and SHIFT give me just enough binds to have pretty much anything bound to my spellbook.

One principle to use when choosing your binds is to bind abilities you need to hit often and/or “oh shit buttons” to keys that are easy to hit (usually no modifiers). And abilities that aren’t as time sensitive to more hard to hit binds.

Another thing is not binding important spells in a way that makes it easy to accidentally cast it if you mess up hitting another bind.

As an example, I had rallying cry bound to a a mouse button and a big damage cooldown to shift + that same mouse button. I had an issue where at the start of a fight I accidentally rallied 3 different times at the wrong time when trying to pop my damage cds as fast as possible.

The solution I came up with was to bind the lone button to something I don’t mind accidentally hitting any time during combat so that if it gets accidentally hit it’s fine.

This concept is relevant to choosing which abilities to put on your modifier binds and which abilities use the same lone button without the modifier.

I have a mouse with 12 buttons on the side and it does help, but I still use both Ctrl and shift modifiers.

I have a bunch of action bars mapped out like
    1-12.
    Shift+1-12
    ctrl+1-8
    Q,E,R,F,T,G and that shift/ctrl modified as well.
    ctrl and shift+spacebar
    ctrl and shift+mousewheel.

Gotta have all the binds.

Corsair Scimitar lets you adjust the "keyboard" on the side, back and forward, so it is aligned with you hand (short or long fingers).
    And it's built to last, and it has just as many buttons as a Naga (1 to 12, plus mouse wheel/scroll and to two extra buttons on top), which you also can bind together with Shift, CTRL and Alt. Super nice and helpful to have while playing

- B

I bind:
    ~1-6, + shift/ctrl of ~1-6 (ctrl of just 1-3, too far a comfortable reach for me)
    QERTFGVCB + shift/ctrl of them
    F1-F4
    Mouse wheel up, down, middle click, shift and ctrl of all those
    2 side mouse buttons with ctrl and shift

Plenty of binds for most of my characters, shift bars for stuff like mounts and food.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post

I'm finding it hard to deal with all the buttons I need to press. It's so bad that I've been ditching essential active pvp skills in favor of worse passives just so I have less buttons to press.

I'm currently using G502 Hero which is a great mouse. But it doesn't have enough buttons.
    The one useful button on the side is too far forward that I can't easily reach. Pretty dumb design if you ask me.

I tried binding with shift but I can't seem to get used to it. I always end up messing up my rotation or more often just click on the skills instead of using shift.

Looking at Razer Naga Trinity. It seems to have plenty of buttons for different situations.
    I like the logitech g600, it has your typical 12 button grid on the left side and on the right the g shift button which is essentially a shift button for your mouse so you have 24 buttons on just your grid alone

https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/prod...10-002864.html

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post

Op, most MMO mice that have multiple buttons such as the Razer Naga can be used with Shift, Alt and Ctrl modifiers so essentially you have 36 buttons for 36 abilities, plus MB2, MB1 and you can also make macros to take the load off your action bar which if you are running 36+ spells is a bit overkill. You can also bind certain abilities to your keyboard such as q for interrupt and F1,F2, F3, F4 etc for stance / pet bar etc.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    Since ive never had to do it mid fight or anything, my zoom in and out are rebound to + and -

10+ Year Old Account
    @OP

Razer Naga Pro, Corsair Scimitar, Logitech G600, Redragon M908

Quote Originally Posted by d00mh4cker View Post
    QERTFGZXCVB
    MB 1-5, Scroll

Shift + 1-5
    Shift + QERTFGZXCVB
    Shift+ MB 1-5

Ctrl + 1-5
    Ctrl + QERTFGZXCVB
    Ctrl + MB 1-5

You can use ALT aswell.

No need for naga mouse
    I got big hands and even for me 6 is a... stretch.

TOP BAR
    Q,E,SR,SD,SQ,SE,SF,R,G,T,X,SX,CE -- buffs/irregular use A1,A2,A3,A4

MAIN/BOTTOM BAR
    1,2,3,4,5,SC,CD,SV,ST,SV,CV,F (best interrupt buttom) -- buffs/irregular use C1,C2,C4

NAGA/SCIMITAR
    NUM1,NUM2,NUM3,NUM4,NUM5,NUM6

MISC
    S-MWUP / S-MWDOWN / C-MWUP / C-MWDOWN = Mount types
    MWUP/MWDOWN = traps and abilities of that nature macroed in to use on mouse wheel location via:

------

I really need to prune, way too many abilities in my action bars for a braindead Ret. Macros are essential yet I have like 2 or 3 lol...
    -K