Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I would like a timejump of a reasonable period (decades at least) and a return to Azeroth but Ironforge is under siege (from whoever the new "big bad" is), Stormwind is completely destroyed and have something similar happen on the horde side too. Expansion based on working out what the fuck happened and rebuilding major cities and retaking zones (rebuilding cities could be similar to how Isle of Quel'thanas worked in TBC with it being built up over the course of an expansion with players helping in some way).

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love if all the expansion zones were connected again (a là Outland, Northrend, Pandaria, Draenor). Constantly porting all over the place is kind of annoying and breaks immersion for me.

I am a big fan of the Titans theme and would like to see more of their architecture and impact on other worlds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Hopefully I can finally solo Legion content
    Haha! I still do not have all mounts - amount content of legion is soooo crazy
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

10+ Year Old Account
    New planet sounds good to me. MoP was more or less WoW spin-off expansion and i dont think this is good way. Im not sayin MoP was bad but things like this could be done as major patch for example Mechagon. Dragons, Nozdromu hmmm that smells good. Now we are cuted between live and death. Maybe its now time for some TIME ? but no more things like in WoD this is no "back to the future" movie.
    Last edited by czarek; 2021-01-20 at 11:24 AM.

A revolution in game story, faction, playerbase:
    2 macro faction: The peace faction and the war faction

Peace faction is alliance and horde togheter, they focus on building a new peacefull world, the player that chose this faction got more world quest, crafting, reputation, quest, map and all the thing that define a classic peacefull world.
    Peace faction got no instance, no pvp, and a lot less combat, they have raid. They have more minigames and profession (all profession can be learned by a single char)
    Peace faction got no high equip loot, they earn a badge for all they do in the world,
    crafting and profession item got a fixed price in badge for everthing, no more player dictate price. All item can be sold and buy in market house

Horde faction has 3 micro faction, like covenant, but they are in fight with eachother.
    Horde faction is the army of the peacefull faction, they got pvp (forced world pvp), instance and raid.
    Horde faction got all equip that will be full boe on every peace and a tons of it (like a lootershoter type)
    Instead of selling for gold, each piece of loot got a fixed valor in badge. All item can be sold and buy in market house for badge

Peace and war faction NEED to work togheter for raid, without crafted things, you cannot access or defeat some boss or raid althogether
    Equip is just a mean to an end, like crafted things are

Badge have a hard cap, so player cannot farm indefinitly, they should spend... and some activities require badge to be started (like instance and group world quest).

Equip loot in overload, because, 5 main piece (head, shoulder, chest, hands,legs) have eachone a gamechanging talent (like wearing 5 leggendary). Let player play as they want, balance the number output, not the gamestyle.

No more auctionhouse with price dictate by player, no more token.

Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post
    ...That fandom deserves the reputation it has.
    No fandom deserves to be shat on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    No fandom deserves to be shat on.
    except reylos

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeychris View Post
    I would like a timejump of a reasonable period (decades at least) and a return to Azeroth but Ironforge is under siege (from whoever the new "big bad" is), Stormwind is completely destroyed and have something similar happen on the horde side too. Expansion based on working out what the fuck happened and rebuilding major cities and retaking zones (rebuilding cities could be similar to how Isle of Quel'thanas worked in TBC with it being built up over the course of an expansion with players helping in some way).
    theres going to be a time skip and the scarlet crusade is already planning a revolution

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    theres going to be a time skip and the scarlet crusade is already planning a revolution
    What time skip? So far only thing that's confirmed is thatt time on Azeroth goes slower than the time in Shadowlands... so frankly, we won't be far from where we left Azeroth when we come back... opposite of a time skip, more like a time freeze.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    except reylos...
    That is not a fandom... that’s a testament to everything wrong in current pop culture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

I'm not sure why people think a timeskip is necessary at all when the world starts and stops as the story needs it to.

Mists of Pandaria introduced this huge plot regarding overthrowing Garrosh and seeding the mystery of who the new Warchief would be. By the end we find out it's Vol'jin taking up the mantle, ushering in a new era for the Horde!

Except it didn't because we then all jumped into alternate time Draenor and Vol'jin did absolutely nothing noteworthy throughout the duration he'd been Warchief, to the point where he gets killed off at the start of the expansion where lore really mattered again.

If Blizzard wanted to write in a good story, they don't need a timeskip to do it. They should just do it. There's enough time right now for the Scarlet Crusade to pull off a revolution. Even Cult of the Damned came back at the start of the story just because of the loosest connection to Shadowlands and the Jailer. There's really no need for any kind of timeskip, because time only moves forward for the sake of the story and not because of any sort of realism.

World revamp, making the world the challenge, and facilitating/rewarding exploration, competition and compelling written stories.

Also, since SC/RTS is dead, lets also bring Amon in, cause Void etc...
    Mods are too busy to be bothered with moderation...but still post nonsense in threads.

Please do not contact me about moderation - Reach out to another member.

I kinda secretly hope that the Jailer actually succedes with destroying the world soul of Azeroth, and that when we return from the Shadowlands our world is destroyed and we have WoW2 in some way. Set on another world as we have to escape and find a new home. Could be interesting and opening up for a lot of new things like classes, systems etc.

What do I want in 10.0?

Artifact Weapons. The game was better with that system and they never should have been removed.

good class design, less diablo garbage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I'm not sure why people think a timeskip is necessary at all when the world starts and stops as the story needs it to.
    I think that's entirely the problem. Blizz tends to start and stop stories as they see fit, but they leave so many hanging threads in their wake as they do. Gilneas, Lordaeron, the Sethrak civil war w/ Sethraliss' rebirth, Aysa/Ji's relationship, not to mention the sheer amount of races basically crashing in SW/Orgrimmar because they just lost their homes...there's a lot of open threads that Blizz has in the past not really done great about revisiting. In traditional expansions, Blizz tends to focus largely on a main story point and make sub points off of that one point, but does not seem to go back to clean up a lot of the messy story elements or tries to wave it away later (Neptulon in Legion for instance).

A timeskip or revamp somewhat forces Blizz to take stock of the world at large. If we come back to a Light/Void expansion on Azeroth, Gilneas is most likely going to be untouched and the Worgen will still be largely hiding in Stormwind. In a timeskip scenario, Blizz has to at least consider what new changes would be made in the world, so many of these story threads will be cleaned up and/or move forward as a result.

Some of it as well has to do with people wanting to just be an adventurer again, which feels weird to me. I get that's where WoW started, but as people pointed out then it would be weird for common people to look at us as just another face after we fought Deathwing, the Legion, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    A timeskip or revamp somewhat forces Blizz to take stock of the world at large. If we come back to a Light/Void expansion on Azeroth, Gilneas is most likely going to be untouched and the Worgen will still be largely hiding in Stormwind. In a timeskip scenario, Blizz has to at least consider what new changes would be made in the world, so many of these story threads will be cleaned up and/or move forward as a result.

Some of it as well has to do with people wanting to just be an adventurer again, which feels weird to me. I get that's where WoW started, but as people pointed out then it would be weird for common people to look at us as just another face after we fought Deathwing, the Legion, etc.
    I'd argue the opposite.

We visited a time-altered Draenor and we'd expect to see every facet of Draenor changed and addressed. And we did get that, but more of a focus on new things and other creatures but not so much on the different Orc tribes themselves; to the point where most of the 'Warlords' were taken care of in simple dungeons or lumped in to a Raid fight where it didn't really make sense *cough* Kargath Bladefist *cough*

Timeskips would be exactly the same. Focus where they want the story to be told, everything else literally ignored ala Gilneas, Gnomeregan, Mulgore, Undercity, etc. And with Cataclysm, everything was spread out so much and dedicated to the story of that particular expansion that it simply doesn't age well at all. Look at the Badlands and how all the quests there got revamped into everything dealing with Deathwing still. It doesn't age well, unlike Classic which had a very modular approach. And simply said, WoW's story has progressed well beyond having any basic or generic plot line be interesting to a typical 'adventurer'. It'd be great if we were to reboot it all, but as it stands our characters are literal gods-among-men in status and no one wants to go back to killing boars for Farmer Joe again.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-01-20 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Thanks mate for that link and clearing things up!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd argue the opposite.

We visited a time-altered Draenor and we'd expect to see every facet of Draenor changed and addressed. And we did get that, but more of a focus on new things and other creatures but not so much on the different Orc tribes themselves; to the point where most of the 'Warlords' were taken care of in simple dungeons or lumped in to a Raid fight where it didn't really make sense *cough* Kargath Bladefist *cough*
    I don't disagree that WoD did pretty terrible with the Orc tribes themselves (I suspect due to the seemingly cut back content), but I think WoD did show what Blizz could do when focused on the entire world otherwise. The Arakkoa storyline in Spires of Arak gave that race a ton of new life. Seeing Tanaan as a lush jungle and Shadowmoon as a beautiful zone of constant night made the destruction in Outland dig that much deeper. Auchindoun felt like a true sacred burial site rather than just an empty zone devoid of life.

For all that WoD did wrong (and there was plenty), one of the main things it did right was breathe a lot of new life into the world of Draenor.

Timeskips would be exactly the same. Focus where they want the story to be told, everything else literally ignored ala Gilneas, Gnomeregan, Mulgore, Undercity, etc. And with Cataclysm, everything was spread out so much and dedicated to the story of that particular expansion that it simply doesn't age well at all. Look at the Badlands and how all the quests there got revamped into everything dealing with Deathwing still. It doesn't age well, unlike Classic which had a very modular approach. And simply said, WoW's story has progressed well beyond having any basic or generic plot line be interesting to a typical 'adventurer'. It'd be great if we were to reboot it all, but as it stands our characters are literal gods-among-men in status and no one wants to go back to killing boars for Farmer Joe again.
    The way Cata was done is largely why a timeskip would be a better way to move the story forward and update the world. When the Cataclysm hit, most of the world revamped zones had to do with how the Cataclysm hit those zones. Thousand Needles flooding, the giant lava crack in the Barrens, the destruction upon Darkshore...not to mention the specter of Deathwing looming over everything and everyone. A time-skipped Azeroth allows the plot to be more free with the focus away from the big villain (much like WoD referenced above) and instead on the world at large. Without a timeskip, all the changes will likely have something to do with the main plot of that expansion (Old Gods, Light vs. Void, etc) which will to your point date the content. But with a timeskip in place, many of the changes that could come to the world might've come in before the next big monster hits and thus can be more natural. Rebuilt cities, leadership changes solidified in a non-emergency fashion, a true understanding of what the current Horde/Alliance peace actually means.

To your point though, it is worth considering whether that would all be worth it for what it would take away from the end boss plot line. That was one of the main issues Cata had as I recall...too much time spent on leveling content, not enough stuff to do in the endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    What time skip? So far only thing that's confirmed is thatt time on Azeroth goes slower than the time in Shadowlands... so frankly, we won't be far from where we left Azeroth when we come back... opposite of a time skip, more like a time freeze.
    remember in digimon when time was frozen on earth compared to the digital world until the kids did something that made them tie together??
    im thinking something like that will happen here

although a time freeze would be interesting because anduin gets taken as a boy but comes back a battle hardened man

5+ Year Old Account
    A new class cause Mistweaver is getting no love .

I want a time jump of about 10-15 years for our characters. I want the Nobles of the Alliances races to go full on Fascism. Like the Scarlet Crusade but competent.

Opens the door for some nice Dark Alliance themed weapon and armor.

Also a resurrection of the dragons flights or the dragon flights recruit the naturally evolved dragons like the storm drakes to revitalize the dragon flights.

Ohh and add a “back side” of Azeroth or at least explain why no ever comes back when they sail west from Kalmidor or East from Eastern Kingdoms.