Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Old raids solo as 60?

Good Morning. There was an issue in shadowlands that old raids was harder at level 60 than level 50. I am thinking of resub to the game and since I am casual, I spent most of my time for vanity items and transmogs. I was waiting for shadowlands to get to 60 to be able to easily farm legion raids for transmog.

Have they "fixed" that? (I say "fixed" cause I dont know if its a bug or if they change their philosophy on that matter).

Thanks
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

In content older than Legion you'll have a scaling factor of maybe about 50x-100x damage done and reduced damage taken. In Legion the factor is a "mere" 10x meaning you may find it significantly harder to solo certain bosses on mythic difficulty. BFA content has no scaling factor at all at level 60 afaik.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

3+ Year Old Account
    Monk here (not the best solo class)

WoD and older is easy on every difficulty.
    Legion EN is easy on mythic, NE is doable on hc, mythic only for classes with more self-healing.
    ToV has a tank swap mechanic still implemented with Odyn. Big meh.
    ToS is doable on hc.
    Antorus has a tank swap mechanic still implemented with Coven of Shivarra. But all other bosses are solo-able.

All in all, if you've geared a bit in SL, raids are much easier than in BfA where some Antorus bosses were hard even on normal. It'll take some patches for all to be doable on mythic though.
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

Like the others have said, it's just Legion intentionally though there have been some bugs in ICC and some cata raids it wasn't intentional and was fixed.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Blizzard has fucked up the scaling big time, and Ion's attitude is "working as intended". Unbelievable really.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    Have they "fixed" that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    In Legion the factor is a "mere" 10x
    It's worse than that. According to an interview with Ion, it's only 8x more damage. So until they "fix" that to something better, or we all get geared much more, it's still hard as hell with most bosses on Mythic.

It's annoying, but apparently it's working as intended.

I started soloing WoD Mythic content in Legion, some fight's we're a bit tricky, but it was doable. In BfA it was child's play.

But now, even being 2 expansions old, later Legion raids are no way close to being soloable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the one of the things that boils my blood about the current game. Some of my favourite activities are soloing old raids, and because Ion has either no sense of why this is an issue, or simply doesn’t give a shit, I can’t faceroll the older content as I please. It’s infuriating.
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Blizz has a lot on their plate right now, they will get to this and fix it - it just takes time sadly

10+ Year Old Account
    as a 202 mm hunter, mythic nighthold was extremely easy, almost felt like a joke... until good old gul'dan...

it is literally impossible to do anything but roll over and die to the demon within. maybe later in the expansion my old friend...
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Soloing in SL is harder than it was in BFA. Old instance debuffs that used to miss 100% of the time now apply (example molten core) so while they are still super easy you can have some mild annoyances that haven't existed in years. Legion raids are more difficult. I haven't tested this myself actually but somebody was recently saying it's easier to solo Legion content at level 50 than it is at level 60?

Either way, soloing took a step back in SL. I used to be able to solo Mythic Gul'dan, that is no longer the case.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Blizz has a lot on their plate right now, they will get to this and fix it - it just takes time sadly
    Sounds like a simple fix though, might be wrong here. But the scaling is massively bad atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    as a 202 mm hunter, mythic nighthold was extremely easy, almost felt like a joke... until good old gul'dan...

it is literally impossible to do anything but roll over and die to the demon within. maybe later in the expansion my old friend...
    When I tried it a while ago, as maybe 210-213ish hunter, mythic guldan was no problem at all. In fact all mythic legion raids are entirely doable if you know what you are doing. (except maybe mythic eonar, only boss I haven't tried because cba with the perma knockups when you click all crystals, but it has been done by Durendil in BFA)

7+ Year Old Account
    I tried NH month ago with my ele shaman and I wiped several times on botanist and in the end I couldn't kill Guldan, I even used dmg pot on demon within but managed to get him to 20% on best pull. It was with 170 ilvl gear though, I imagine with 212 I have now, it would be easy. After NH experience I didn't bother to try ToS and Antorus.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    What is there to fix exactly? Most bosses are soloable at 200 ilvl (which is obtainable by just doing covenant stuff more or less), and at 210 everything should go down with ease. Just pug it, in time (especially in 9.1) everything will be super easy for everyone. So the fix is coming naturally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skajaki View Post
    What is there to fix exactly? Most bosses are soloable at 200 ilvl (which is obtainable by just doing covenant stuff more or less), and at 210 everything should go down with ease. Just pug it, in time (especially in 9.1) everything will be super easy for everyone. So the fix is coming naturally.
    See, the thing is that’s Ion’s excuse for letting this continue. With that mindset it’ll never be fixed at all and this trend will continue
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    Good Morning. There was an issue in shadowlands that old raids was harder at level 60 than level 50. I am thinking of resub to the game and since I am casual, I spent most of my time for vanity items and transmogs. I was waiting for shadowlands to get to 60 to be able to easily farm legion raids for transmog.

Have they "fixed" that? (I say "fixed" cause I dont know if its a bug or if they change their philosophy on that matter).

Thanks
    if you played BFA alot, hopefully you did not vendor your azerite gear and have a azerite neck piece with 4 essences

the 120+ item level head, shoulder and chest have serious main stat and stamina, yes you lose alot of secondary stats. but the biggest gain comes from 12 abilities/passives which can be looked at as 12 free conduits along with 4 more from the az neck

asmongold, at 220+ weeks back was able to solo the hardest BFA raid bosses, one of his viewers caught and asked, why does he have az neck on, asmon explained why, saying for old content it's BIS. he may have had the az gear too, but would not be instantly noticeable as the necklace on a quick character screen flash
    Last edited by pinkz; 2021-01-18 at 05:16 PM.

Legion is 2 expansions old it's ridiculous that it's not as easy to solo as say a cataclysm raid at this point, it's legacy content. We should be able to solo BFA normal/heroic bfa stuff by now if you ask me

Quote Originally Posted by skajaki View Post

The complaint would be stuff that I could kill pre-9.0 without corruption gear should be just as easy post 9.0. but it wasn't. The extremely easy fix that they applied to every other raid is to make a debuff of 20-30% to the bosses and call it a day. I just find it odd Ion's attitude of "Just get more gear and let us know how it goes" It seems like he wants to half ass preserve those raids but I don't get why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombademar View Post
    When I tried it a while ago, as maybe 210-213ish hunter, mythic guldan was no problem at all. In fact all mythic legion raids are entirely doable if you know what you are doing. (except maybe mythic eonar, only boss I haven't tried because cba with the perma knockups when you click all crystals, but it has been done by Durendil in BFA)
    it's good to hear but could you be a bit more specific about how did you handle the demon within's ticking dot ? even with a leech pet i couldn't outheal that ability. thanks in advance.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.