Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    eh... no? that is simply incorrect...
    as i (and blizzard "lead" employees, repeatedly) said the lower loot chance is bcs of TF removal...
    loot drops would remain the same (or at best would be SLIGHTLY higher) even if the weekly chest remained the same, or if it would be completely removed, whole change to loot drop rates was to slow down gearing, without vault/weekly chest they wouldnt increase it, that would fight against their very own design...

why people keep saying vault is reason why loot drops are scarece, even though it makes no sense and literaly the guys behind decisions explained it is beyond me...

- - - Updated - - -

thats disingenuous, even with current system until you reach certain level reward from vault is certain upgrade as it was before (except perhaps trinkets nad rings, AS IT WAS BEFORE)... sure loot from M+ itself is more rare, but so is from all other endgame, as said before thats separate issue...
    and basicaly, if you only do single M+ a week and nothing else the weekly "chest" didnt change for you at all from BFA... and if you play more you are rewarded with more oprions, as it SHOULD BE...
    More options are kinda useless until you are near to Max ilvl because in the end it’s always one piece per week you can pick regardless how much you play.

I simply don’t like normal M+ being near to totally useless gear wise.

Thanks to all the no lifers we now got so much shit to do weekly us normal players cant do anything else we want to do. Wow is simply put way to time consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Thanks to all the no lifers we now got so much shit to do weekly us normal players cant do anything else we want to do. Wow is simply put way to time consuming.
    Yes, it's the games' fault you feel compelled to complete more content than necessary.

That's bullshit. Beside unlocking Vault slots there is literally nothing else that hinders your progression if you skip a few days or weeks. And to get a vault loot all you have to do is ONE m+ dungeon. Everything else is optional, cosmetic, lore, or minigames.

Actually people running out of things to do. Thorgast quest chain is done, Maw quest chain and reputation is done, doing the 1 daily quest takes 30 min a day, renown levels take 1 hour a week, 1000 anima quest takes 1 hour a week... i got so bored at Sunday that i started doing "kill XY rare" achievements in the zones. My questlog is empty beside "upgrade your covenant garden" quest.

I have absolutely no clue what are you talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    simple, he wants rewards without any work, not realy rare idea, although very anoying

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a great addition. Just have to change it so that it won't offer 6 rings to choose from. I know I gave up on it already and don't even bother trying to add anything to the chest.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

I agree, I think the weekly chest was a mistake with how it works right now.

Raid drops being so infrequent & M+ feeling super unrewarding result in a system where pretty much all your gearing expectations coming from opening the Vault on a Tuesday/Wednesday. Yes you can give yourself more chances by completing more content, but tell that to the guys who got 2x ring options while using a legendary ring & having selected a ring on week one, or the ones unlucky enough to not get a weapon while the rest of their guild already has theirs

This week I'm going to get 8/9 options, with M+ maxed out, 6/10M & the rest on heroic, and Rival RBG rewards. Other than the conquest progress, I got zero usable items during those runs. Hell, in 6 Mythic bosses, I didn't see a single item drop I'd MUCH rather see better loot/more frequent loot drop from the content itself rather than from a magical box at the end of the week. After all, if I kill a boss & my item doesn't drop, it's no biggie, onto the next boss we go. If I do content all week & get nothing but lottery tickets, only for them to all come up as losers? I'm not a fan.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It not as bad as the bfa chest, but so far it didnt brought anything, but dissapointment.

I thought there was some kind system in place, where you always would get something you can use.

Btw havent got something usefull in 3 weeks so far. Its frustrating on top of the already bad loot.

Stopped doing m+, went for some 2s, got 1600. Boom 213 loot. I am on 212 now, if I just kept doing m+ or raids for upgrades I would still be stuck at 206 or something.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-01-19 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Yes, how dare someone want their loot that they received for their time and effort. What an unreasonable way to think!

What's next, people wanting the paycheck from their work week? Just think of how much that money could do for the company you work for!
    When you work you typically also have a contract in place which guarantees a salary. If you'd agreed beforehand that you keep all personal loot, whether it's a sidegrade, has bad stats or whatever, then the analogy would fit. In literally every other scenario it doesn't.

Removing master loot and putting loot trading restrictions in place was genuinely an awful decision for progression. Now, instead of being able to distribute drops appropriately to people who are able to get the most value out of them (which enables smoother progression, more bosses killed, and more loot overall), we get separate instances of players getting ilvl upgrades with bad stats which they later replace with the loot they actually wanted in the first place. Over a span of weeks, distributing the right loot to the right people creates efficiencies and leads to the whole raid having better gear through people getting loot that they don't need to replace later when something better itemised drops.

'It dropped for me so it's automatically mine' is a really short-sighted mindset which ends up being detrimental to both the raid and individual players in the long run. Yes, sometimes you don't get to keep suboptimal loot drops which somebody else can better utilise, but you get optimal loot in exchange for that trade-off. All of this assumes that the loot council actually knows where the loot should go, but in theory it's a far more effective method of loot distribution and guilds should have the *option* to do that if they choose to.
    Last edited by Elkfingers; 2021-01-19 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Yes, how dare someone want their loot that they received for their time and effort.
    the loot the raid team received for the time and effort collectively put towards obtaining it.

Unless you've been killing bosses alone without any external help whatsoever,that argument is completely pointless,and shows that you have some major ego issues

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    What is stopping you? A normal player has one main that they keep up to date and some alts that are just there to see the story so they don't worry about upgrades. Only the tryhards attempt to have 2-4 mains while complaining, the hardcore players knew going into Shadowlands that they would need to work hard if they wanted 2 or 3 raiding toons.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Don't blame players for Blizzard doing a poor optimization change. Blizzard fucked up the implementation of the removal of Titanforging, not the players who wanted it removed. Then they didn't listen to alpha/beta feedback regarding how shit loot drops were. Now we're in a situation where Blizzard is trying to say "we could have done better" again.
    Don't blame Blizzard for people being shortsighted. It was clear the removal would come with a reduction of overall drop amounts, and doing so would be necessary.

And Blizzard could always have done better, but that's just hindsight. It also wasn't that there's not enough loot, it's about the consolation prices being inadequate. Loot drops aren't going to be increased.

10+ Year Old Account
    Without Great Vault, I'll be ilvl 190, because I never loot in MM+

Gotta admit that I haven't had much luck with teh Vault. First week I got a 210 MH weapon for my rogue and that's it. The rest were sidegrades at best. Still it is nice to have some options to choose from because ieven if they are all bad option I get to choose the best of the bad options.

The current iterration of the weekly reward is by far the best and it's great. Would be nice to keep it and expand on it.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    It just seems the complete "x" a week isn't really a positive direction to take the game in.
    That's the direction the game has been since pretty much its inception, though.

Dungeons have always been a daily lock. Raids have always been a weekly lock. It might be more guided now, but it's not that much more "time-driven".

I for once think the opposite, it's a step in the right direction in the sense that it reduces RNG a bit and provides a bit of bad luck protection, but the ultimate goal for me would be to go back to a reward system more akin to the ones in WotLK/Cata/MoP, with Emblems/Points, where you might get a lucky drop, but you always get some progress towards a deterministic reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    +15's are not meant as an equivalent to mythic raids in terms of difficulty by any means. But the choice you get from the weekly vault is 226 ilvl. But the two ate not equivalent in difficulty at all.
    And thats just a personal Opinion.

Its a different Progression, which results in the Apex at +15. Diffuculty is Subjective. Some feel Raiding is Easier, some feel M+ is Easier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Don't blame Blizzard for people being shortsighted. It was clear the removal would come with a reduction of overall drop amounts, and doing so would be necessary.

And Blizzard could always have done better, but that's just hindsight. It also wasn't that there's not enough loot, it's about the consolation prices being inadequate. Loot drops aren't going to be increased.
    This. people either complain:
    QQ, i am full decked out in BiS after two weeks NoLifing, what am I supposed to do for the next month?
    or
    QQ, i play two weeks, but I only have a couple of my BiS Item. How am I supposed to sink even more time into the game?

Its Ironic. ^^

Hmm. So let’s try not to compare the current to any previously existing system and just look at how it works.

You can choose to do pvp, dungeons or raids, In which you might get gear. Even if you don’t get gear you unlock a guaranteed chance to get gear, so basically by doing minimal content you are absolutely certain to get one piece of gear drop - If you are clearing normal for example you get 3x normal gear options, and will absolutely definitely be in a position where you could and should be doing heroic. Same applies with heroic to mythic if you wish to do mythic.

What’s the problem here? Do you want more loot from raids and no chest at all? If that was the case then (some) people will only do bosses that can drop loot they need. Do you want the chest to drop loot of a lower ilvl than the content your doing to unlock said piece of loot? Useless.

The weekly vault is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post

It wasn't clear, nor should it have been. Use your brain, We had large amounts of gear drops before they ever added Warforging and Titanforging. What we have now is pathetic in comparison. This is Blizzard developers being garbage at their job, not the players being "shortsighted".
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    That's bullshit. Beside unlocking Vault slots there is literally nothing else that hinders your progression if you skip a few days or weeks. And to get a vault loot all you have to do is ONE m+ dungeon. Everything else is optional, cosmetic, lore, or minigames.

Actually people running out of things to do. Thorgast quest chain is done, Maw quest chain and reputation is done, doing the 1 daily quest takes 30 min a day, renown levels take 1 hour a week, 1000 anima quest takes 1 hour a week... i got so bored at Sunday that i started doing "kill XY rare" achievements in the zones. My questlog is empty beside "upgrade your covenant garden" quest.

Doing 2 wings of torgast, 2 weekly rep rewards, callings, renown quests. Also world quests are a pain now that you cant 1 big guy and move on.
    M+ as dps is a pain since nobody wants to join my key and joining someone elses is also time consuming.
    So for a regular 1-2-3 hour gamer i dont have anything left for other shit.
    We're talking 1hour 30min torgast, 2 hours finding m+ group, 30-40 mins to do it, 1hour 30mins for the weekly rep quests. 1 hour for renown quests, 30 mins for callings.
    20 mins to get to the world boss, finding group and kill.

Thats like 8 hours of forced content and not even talking about raids which would easily add 3-4 hours per diff.

Thats basically already above my gaming time per week. It was even worse when we had champain quests in addition.